View Poll Results: Which show is better, Raw or Smackdown?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw

31 70.45%
  • Smackdown

13 29.55%
Page 449 of 660 FirstFirst ... 439449459 ... LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,225 of 16482
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    He did a long ass promo before ER? Do you mean the one where he was stumbling over signing the contract for the match? If so, yeah, he was terrible. If not, then I must have missed that.
    Yes, that's the one. Some genius over at WWE creative apparently thought it'd be a good idea to have someone with very limited mic skills carry an important promo that had more than 4 lines. Couple that with the fact he didn't have someone like Cena to feed off of, but instead had Johnny Ace in front of him, that's just a recipe for disaster lol. Very glad they brought in Heyman so we don't have to endure another "until my demands are made" promo..

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Flair is my pick also. They need a guy with TV presence and one hell of a personality, and to me Flair is the logical choice. That guy can entertain any day of the week!

9 years and counting!

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    Yes, that's the one. Some genius over at WWE creative apparently thought it'd be a good idea to have someone with very limited mic skills carry an important promo that had more than 4 lines. Couple that with the fact he didn't have someone like Cena to feed off of, but instead had Johnny Ace in front of him, that's just a recipe for disaster lol. Very glad they brought in Heyman so we don't have to endure another "until my demands are made" promo..
    Ah yes!
    I was laughing a lot at how many times he repeated himself

It'll be great to see Lesnar and Paul Heyman standing side by side once again. But they're going to get Triple H over with the match apparently. What a waste of $5million!

Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Flair is my pick also. They need a guy with TV presence and one hell of a personality, and to me Flair is the logical choice. That guy can entertain any day of the week!
    I'd be up for having Flair as the GM. I quite liked it when he and Vince were the owners or whatever of Raw and Smackdown. However, I did hear that they were going to put Flair as Dolph Ziggler's manager. I think that would be great too!

Master Poster
    I vote Paul Heyman for GM!

5. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    I vote Paul Heyman for GM!
    That would be great!

Thought I'd share my latest tweet here, as it's valid.

Super Elite
    In Your House Backlash is a great show. I have both Rock Bottom and Backlash on dvd, Rock Bottom was a decent show from what I remember but Backlash was awesome. That boiler room brawl between Mankind and Big Show was vicious, I'm pretty sure Foley actually cut himself up really bad on his arm during one spot. You'll have a great time watching those shows, no doubt about it.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    In Your House Backlash is a great show. I have both Rock Bottom and Backlash on dvd, Rock Bottom was a decent show from what I remember but Backlash was awesome. That boiler room brawl between Mankind and Big Show was vicious, I'm pretty sure Foley actually cut himself up really bad on his arm during one spot. You'll have a great time watching those shows, no doubt about it.
    Ah yeah, I remember them!

Just watched the main event of Backlash again. Probably better than the main event from WrestleMania XV.

Super Elite
    Anyone checked out the newest episode of NXT yet (June 27th)? I'm liking Leo Kruger, he has a pretty good look and he's decent in the ring. Richie Steamboat also made his debut which looked promising. He's not that good on the mic but he looked good in the ring..

Also I'm really digging The Ascension. They're like a 2 man Ministry. They're a little bit cheesy, especially in 2012 where supernatural gimmicks don't really fly anymore, and their names dont fit the gimmick but other than that I'm impressed with them.

Master Poster
    is it just me or does the new NXT feels like wwf/wcw in the 90s? lol

YouTube Editor
    I watched my Stone Cold DVD boxset again recently, and wow.......I can't even begin to describe how awesome the WWE use to be. I have watched it I don't know how many times and it still gave me goosebumps, had me on the edge of my seat just begging for more. Not just for Austin but others as well from that era, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Angle, Jericho, and the list goes on. COMPLETELY different product altogether and can't even be compared. I can't for the life of me understand why they don't try and go back to that, it will sell and increase revenue. Seems like a no brainer to me.

9 years and counting!

Super Elite
    Yeah I always get goosebumps when I watch WWF '99/'00. Especially when Stone Cold or The Rock make their entrances. Those pops are just amazing, and I really miss them. Nowadays the crowd is dead for like 90% of the show and only make noise for Punk and Cena.

It really amazes me how these people spend alot of money on going to a telivised WWE show and proceed to sit on their hands nearly the entire show. I never understood why you would do that.

And I don't see WWE going back to the AE style anytime soon. They're still doing very well financially even with attendance etc.. down. I'm also not sure if an Attitude Era style tv would work today. Nowadays parents complain about every little thing, and even though the AE style wouldn't be aimed at kids WWE would still get alot of $#@! for it I think.

News outlets and just the media as a whole will attack WWE any chance they get, as they always do with wrestling. Unfortunately everything is about image nowadays, and I think WWE is just protecting themselves with the PG enviroment.
    Also the whole Chris Benoit fiasco nearly killed the wrestling industry so I think WWE is just playing it safe, atleast for now.. who knows maybe (hopefully) they'll go into more mature programming but I don't see it happening anytime soon (not aslong as they have the deal with Mattel).

Luckily WWE is already a little less PG than it was in 2009 because that $#@! was almost unbearable.

EDIT: woa, this post went alot longer than I hoped.
    tl;dr : I miss the AE and I hope they'll go back to it in a couple years which they might.
    Last edited by XMW; 06-30-2012 at 11:47.

Elite Member
    WWE Diva Maxine has quit WWE.

The report states that Maxine was frustrated with several different things, including not being given a guaranteed deal and not being able to prove herself on TV outside of NXT. She was last seen in the Diva battle royale on Raw this week.

Maxine first joined WWE in 2009 as a developmental talent and was in FCW until NXT's third season. She returned during Season Five as part of a triangle with Derek Bateman and Johnny Curtis.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Vince McMahon Bans ‘Small City’ Names On TV

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Vince McMahon's latest directive is to not mention the names of cities that he believes are "not big league". Basically, if Vince doesn't feel that the city is big enough, he doesn't want there to be any mention on TV.

On Monday night for RAW, he gave the word not to mention "Fort Wayne, Indiana" on the air. He also made the same call for the June 5th SmackDown in Columbia, South Carolina.
    Link: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/6...ty-names-on-tv

Now i never thought vince had this kind of hate in him
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    Kingpin326
    Items New User TitlePhotoShopModern Warfare 3Google ChromeUser name styleColeBattlefield 3Assassins Creed Ezio
    That's crazy. I guess business is business.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin326 View Post
    That's crazy. I guess business is business.
    it sure is.

Here is cena 10 years ago. In his first match, the change he has went through is amazing and he should be that person again

Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    it sure is.

Here is cena 10 years ago. In his first match, the change he has went through is amazing and he should be that person again
    Lmao, Cena should be that guy again? In an era where nobody is unique, everyone has generic names and looks generic, you actually want Cena who atleast looks a little different than your Ortons, Ryders, Otungas, Zigglers etc.. to change back to a look that epitomizes what WWE lacks nowadays?

As for the banning city's thing. I totally get it and it makes sence to me. Look at it this way, you're the biggest wrestling orginisation in the world. Let's say you just had Summerslam, meaning you were in Los Angeles. Then the next night you're in Fort Wayne, it just sounds bush league. (not that it would be possible since LA and Fort Wayne are nearly on opposite ends). Especially if they can't even sell out an arena in a small city.. It doesn't even add or take away from the show at all anyway wheter or not they mention what city they're in..

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    well, i would like to see cena change. He is to animated now and lacks any importance to me as a wrestler. He needs to drop this character or give it a new edge.

On the banning cities names, just because they are small and not famous or worthy of an acknowledgement. Its just sad that he has resulted to banning cities and town names. If you do not like that place then do not go there

But then again he would lose a lot of money and fans if he never went there

Here is C.MPUNK Doing a snow Angel on Jimmy Fallon shows after he interviews him

Punk is a cool guy and funny

Last edited by claud3; 06-30-2012 at 18:33.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    WWE Diva Maxine has quit WWE.

The report states that Maxine was frustrated with several different things, including not being given a guaranteed deal and not being able to prove herself on TV outside of NXT. She was last seen in the Diva battle royale on Raw this week.

Maxine first joined WWE in 2009 as a developmental talent and was in FCW until NXT's third season. She returned during Season Five as part of a triangle with Derek Bateman and Johnny Curtis.
    Ah that sucks! I quite liked her. Sure she could be better at the wrestling element, but then so can Celeste Bonin.

I thought Maxine had a hot body too, and her wrestling attire was amazing!

20. Likes Tven likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Finally gotten round to buy WWE12: Wrestlemania edition.

Anything I should do? What's fun to do on it? Can I make my own PPV, I want to make my dream WM29 card if I can.

Veteran
    Downloading all the free content I get with the WM edition, tediously long, the menus are not fun to browse.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Kevin nash, not happy that the 1000th raw,falls on his family get away. Like as if he is actually on that raw special guest or something

Veteran
    What exactly is the point of WWE universe? Is it to make your own rivalries etc going into a ppv?

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    Kingpin326
    Items New User TitlePhotoShopModern Warfare 3Google ChromeUser name styleColeBattlefield 3Assassins Creed Ezio
    Any guess who the old school wrestler will be to take on ONE MAN ROCK BAND?

My Guess: DDP

YouTube Editor
    Most places are reporting DDP.

9 years and counting!

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    What exactly is the point of WWE universe? Is it to make your own rivalries etc going into a ppv?
    The point of that mode is to piss you off to no end. Seriously, I've had the game since release and that mode is nowhere near as fun as they made it out to be. Not to mention it's an extremely frustrating mode which oftens makes no sence, all the while ignoring your decision and ruining your storyline plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Most places are reporting DDP.
    It'd be great to see DDP again in a match against Heath Slater. He's stated in the past he'd like to face Randy Orton too so we'd have a Diamond Cutter vs RKO match-up if that match ever happens which I do hope..

Thread Information