View Poll Results: Which show is better, Raw or Smackdown?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw

30 69.77%
  • Smackdown

13 30.23%
Page 459 of 659 FirstFirst ... 449459469 ... LastLast
Results 11,451 to 11,475 of 16453
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Oh SHiggity! We got a situation!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    I had this ppv on VHS as a double with WM17 I believe. Gillbergs entrance sparklers he lost to a neckbreaker to some guy in that match btw

Remember the Raw where he was with The Rock, it was the concert wasn't it? One of the best segments ever, when Rock said "You should be worried, you have been ripping off Goldberg for years, he is going to be maaad" or something to that extent.
    I've got it too! Great stuff.

He faced Tiger Ali Singh, who made jibs at the audience saying that he reckoned they probably thought he should be driving a taxi, as he was Indian.

Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    "After competing at Tuesday's SmackDown taping in San Diego, California, Road Warrior Animal stopped by the 100.3 KFAN-FM studios for Extreme Pro Wrestling Radio to discuss this coming Monday's historic 1000th episode of Raw SuperShow and confirmed his and other former WWE Superstars' involvement on the program.

The WWE Hall of Famer may have spoiled the payoff of Heath Slater's returning Raw legend angle while addressing rumors of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's involvement with the program—who has not been announced to appear by WWE.

When asked whether The Rattlesnake will encounter Slater on the show, Animal responded, "Austin will definitely give him the stunner, ya know thats coming! Fans get ready, you're gonna see a stunner!""
    Thanks for that.

If that is all he's going to be involved in, it's a little disappointing, but it's better than nothing, like what they are currently leading us to believe.
    If that is all he's going to do, it could be to do with his scheduling conflicts as he's currently filming... "Grown Ups 2", but if not, then I am disappointed. I really don't get why they seem to give The Rock the more prestigious things. As if they respect him more for what he's done for the company

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    If that is all he's going to be involved in, it's a little disappointing, but it's better than nothing, like what they are currently leading us to believe.
    If that is all he's going to do, it could be to do with his scheduling conflicts as he's currently filming... "Grown Ups 2", but if not, then I am disappointed. I really don't get why they seem to give The Rock the more prestigious things. As if they respect him more for what he's done for the company
    I agree, It would be very disappointing if all Stone Cold did was give Slater a Stunner and then drink a few beers. When Rock will likely be involved in the WWE title match. They're the 2 biggest stars in RAW history I want to see something awesome from them both. Would be good if Austin went after Punk, if they're gonna have a match at WM29 start the feud now!

Super Elite
    I don't think Austin will wrestle at WM29. IF he ever returns to wrestle he will be the main event, and the big draw of the show. WM29 already has Rock, Lesnar, Undertaker, HHH, Cena, and Punk. Austin's match would be like 1 of 3 main events, which imo isn't right for Austin's return match. Rock's return match at a WM was the main event with only HHH/Taker 3 coming close, the same should happen for Austin if he does return.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    austin and punk has been out there for a while now? we'll see

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite
    Haven't read up much on it yet but there seems to be rumors that WWE will debut a new logo and theme song for tonights Raw:

Logo:

theme song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxnFJG6CW20 (edit: damn it's official: http://corporate.wwe.com/news/2012/2012_07_23.jsp - stupid wording on that site, I can't figure out if it's only tonight or if it entirely replaces Nickelback?)

That theme song is absolutely abysmal, even worse than $#@!ing Nickelback. It shouldn't be used on any WWE show. And that WWE logo I could make in 5 minutes with paint.. -_-

Btw anyone else hoping Goldberg shows up? I now there's like a 0.001% chance lol, but I'd mark the $#@! out for him.

EDIT: Another rumor:

Big News: Ric Flair Is In St Louis For Tonight
    Wrestling-News.net are reporting that Ric Flair is indeed in St Louis tonight confirmed by 2 sources.

He was spotted in the mall signing autographs this morning and was a write in for Raw GM until a couple of weeks ago.

While it isn't known if he will appear, We reported yesterday that JR, Ric Flair and HBK were to have lunch together today.

-- Woooooooooooo
    Last edited by XMW; 07-23-2012 at 22:58.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Ric Flair? WHAT!!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Really AJ as GM WTF??!?!?! CMON!!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Wow what an Ending!! Finally CM punk is going to be entertaining again!! Awesome but no STone Cold WTF??? WOW

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Just seen The Rock, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan segment lol The Rock talking trash like no other! Can't wait for the Royal Rumble

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Heel Punk = win

AJ as GM = could be interesting

Guess stone cold couldnt get away from filming grown ups 2...

id give raw a 6.5 outta 10

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Heel Punk = win

AJ as GM = could be interesting

Guess stone cold couldnt get away from filming grown ups 2...

id give raw a 6.5 outta 10
    Harsh score, I thought it was a great show.

Super Elite
    Lmao I was so wrong with all my predictions and rumors. Austin and Flair? lol..

Anyway I loved the opening with all members of DX (one of very few things I predicted right). Lesnar/HHH/Heyman/Steph was cool too, as was the wedding with AJ and DB. I was laughing so hard when Vince's music hit I legit thought she was marrying him.

Kinda dissapointed with Heath Slaters "payoff" it was fun to see APA and Lita back (and may I say she looked $#@!ing hot last night) though the other legends really didn't add anything, and no Stone Cold is a massive bummer.

In the main event when Big Show came out I immidiatelly facepalmed, and all the excitement of the match was sucked right out. I was hoping for the start of a big angle at the end of that match, instead we get Big Show.. -_- he should be deported .. to somewhere .. where there is no oxygen.

Very happy with Punk's heel turn as he was getting stale as $#@! as a face. I can see Rock vs Punk at RR2013, Rock wins and then we get Rock vs Cena II at WM29 (I think it's no problem for Rock to hold the title 2 months before losing it at WM29).

Overal I enjoyed most of the show, it kind of went downhill as we went along but still it was alot better than usual.

Ps; I already can't stand Tout.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    Anyway I loved the opening with all members of DX (one of very few things I predicted right).
    One of the few clips i have seen, is the DX opening. I never read your post, so all the members being involved was a surprise to me! Loved it, great opening!

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Elite Member
    It was nice to see a lot of old faces again, but taking that out of the equation:

I thought the DX segment was lame, too long, and the only humorous thing was HHH's hair joke (WWE is only ever funny when improvising).

AJ as gm? I would have liked her to marry Daniel Bryan and they rule Raw together. She has been getting annoying, and without D-Bry I might like her less. Daniel Bryan was awesome on the other hand.

Rock is still so good.

So... rooting for Brock/Paul Heyman versus HHH/Steph.

I thought the Heath Slater segment was the best. Lita is still so hot, and that sell on the clothesline from hell was great.

Kane/Undertaker... whatever.

The main event was mediocre, but it'll be nice to see Punk go heel and - as someone mentioned before - be interesting again.

Oh yeah, kudos to WWE for Mae Young's son.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Super Elite
    Completely forgot that epic headstand sell after JBL's Clothesline From Hell. Also funny to see that stupid hand-son from Mae Young and Henry lol. I never thought they'd ever bring up G-TV again after how disastrous that was.
    It's cool to see WWE atleast acknowledge some plotholes (Anon GM) and old weird segments (giving birth to a hand/G-TV), I actually have a list somewhere on my pc of plotholes and mysteries in WWE/TNA/WCW like who moved the cable at KOTR1999 etc.. I can post it if someones interested lol.

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManDancing View Post
    It was nice to see a lot of old faces again, but taking that out of the equation:

I thought the DX segment was lame, too long, and the only humorous thing was HHH's hair joke (WWE is only ever funny when improvising).

AJ as gm? I would have liked her to marry Daniel Bryan and they rule Raw together. She has been getting annoying, and without D-Bry I might like her less. Daniel Bryan was awesome on the other hand.

Rock is still so good.

So... rooting for Brock/Paul Heyman versus HHH/Steph.

I thought the Heath Slater segment was the best. Lita is still so hot, and that sell on the clothesline from hell was great.

Kane/Undertaker... whatever.

The main event was mediocre, but it'll be nice to see Punk go heel and - as someone mentioned before - be interesting again.

Oh yeah, kudos to WWE for Mae Young's son.
    Same I thought HHH and Steph were being $#@!s, Heyman mentions their kids in passing, no names, just says how they are a $#@!ty example, and they randomlly go mental, but they think it's ok to say he's a parasite to his kids, hypocrites! Glad Brock came out to defend him, Brock and Paul are the superior couple!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Excellent show. Loved undertakers new look and DX were awsome as always

actually had a great time watching last nights show, undertaker is still haunting with that music

( PSP- SSX On Tour) (PS3- Modern Warfare 3)

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Excellent show. Loved undertakers new look and DX were awsome as always
    He's had that look since WrestleMania 28..

Also anyone else noticed Lesnar got virtually no reaction? Probably because he's been booked so bad and weak, none of the casual fans give a damn about him anymore.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I never noticed the look mate. Just enjoyed the wrestling match at WM28

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    It was an 8 strongly due to the ending of the show. I hope they keep the title on Punk and dont let cena go SUPER cena on him.

Lita is so hot! Damn lol I wish she was still wrestling

Also Brock is looking beastly good to see!

Good show all together the dx stuff was cool for 2 mins after it was meh

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    D-X all together was awesome! I miss the New Age Outlaws so much. Also WTF is up with AJ being the GM? That is by far the stupidest most dumb thing WWE could of done with that angle. Lets hire someone with no experience whatsoever and no one cares about. What an annoying, whiny, character. I wanted to turn it off once that happened.

Hopefully Punk goes back to being more rated "R", as frankly his awesomeness has been depleted as WWE caters to an audience of 5 year olds more than the ones who can legally buy the damn tickets. I am pissed.....

8 years and counting!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I just hope Heel Punk isnt a weak heel

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    In all honesty, I thought Raw was pretty shoddy.

I was really happy to see that Mr. Ass had come back. I thought he was all done with with WWE, so that was really good to see.

The matches themselves were nothing special. We had the same old $#@! with Brodus Clay winning, and not only that, squashing Jack Swagger in about thirty seconds. With his amateur background I think they should have at least made it last a few minutes.

There were no womens' matches, and we only saw one segment with the Divas champion.

AJ as the GM doesn't make sense in story, but probably realistically they just want to keep her in the spotlight as she seems so passionate about the business, and I'm all for that anyway, because I get to see her week in, week out still. And I have to say, I thought she looked beautiful last night [/soppymoment]

Lita did look amazing! At least Heath Slater can say that he's been in a ring with some of the greats. I loved seeing the old APA shirts again, but other than that, that segment fell flat on its face.

Good to see Undertaker involved, but that whole segment felt lackluster, and the crowd were rubbish!

Starting a feud with Charlie Sheen and Daniel Bryan just has fail and boredom written all over it, in my opinion.

Now literally, and I mean literally, I was pissed off with Stephanie's comments to Paul Heyman. For them to say that Vince is a greater visionary all the way ticked me off. In terms of business and staying afloat, Vince is good there. But when it comes to being visionary, Paul Heyman has foreseen some of WWE's greatest talents: Brock Lesnar, CM Punk and Stone Cold Steve Austin, to name a few! He gave Austin the chance to show his charisma in ECW, and Stone Cold then started the whole "Austin 3:16" thing off his own back, and he was luckily in WWF when he did it.
    I was also pissed to see Triple H get the better of Lesnar, even though Lesnar looked more pumped than when we last saw him, and then to think that Trips is going to go over at SummerSlam made it feel even worse.
    I wish Lesnar had stormed the ring faster and knocked Stephanie off the ring apron. That sounds harsh, but it really pissed me off because it's basically the Triple H and Stephanie show in reality anyway.

And I thought it was a bit weird to see The Rock react to a CM Punk clothesline at the end of the show as if he had been speared by Goldberg or something, but yeah, it was to get heat on Punk I suppose. I just hope now that his promos will be cool and standing once again, and not pandering to the people as he has been since he went proper babyface last year.

But to top it all off, I was extremely disappointed that there was no Stone Cold appearance. The only saving grace was that at least they acknowledged the great rivalry with McMahon, and acknowledged that that rivalry may very well have been the reason that Raw won the Monday Night Wars.

26. Likes Tven, DeviousOne likes this post

Thread Information