Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Which show is better, Raw or Smackdown?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw

30 69.77%
  • Smackdown

13 30.23%
Page 497 of 656 FirstFirst ... 487497507 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,425 of 16385
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    It's going to be bad. Even now when he's not the champion he seems to latch onto everything and everyone that's currently popular. It literally is Cena's company!

Brock Lesnar returns with a massive buzz and kicks the $#@! out of Cena at Extreme Rules - Cena still goes over.

CM Punk potentially had a new "Austin-McMahon" feud going on with Laurinaitus - Cena comes in and is the one who put him out of business.

Zack Ryder had some popularity with the audience and Eve Torres - they bring Cena in and stops Ryder (can't stand him anyway) and turns everything against Eve and starting the "HoSki" thing.

Ryback somehow gets over with the crowd - Cena steps in and involves himself in the WWE title matches recently. Sure, Ryback has a one-on-one match with Punk at TLC, but we all know Cena's going to get back into it when The Rock returns.

AJ gets really over with the people and is full of herself now - Cena jumps in and is suddenly her 25th boyfriend within the company and is being promoted as the best guy she's ever had. Sure, I'm pissed off because I was all over AJ since she signed her development deal but I think this list speaks for itself when I raise my first point that it's Cena's company.

2. Likes claud3, Justin likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    The shield has my attention....lol

If the rock is champ I can see him sticking around while he's champ during the road to wrestlemania we shall see....

However I was damn impressed with ziggler last night. His mic is decent but his in ring work is top notch! I remember shawn michaels was garbage on the mic while with the rockers than got better with time ziggy is on his way there.
    Now that fast 6 wraped up he may stick around but I doubt it. We will see if he doing another movie soon. I think he has to go promote gi joe(again lol).
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    It's going to be bad. Even now when he's not the champion he seems to latch onto everything and everyone that's currently popular. It literally is Cena's company!

Brock Lesnar returns with a massive buzz and kicks the $#@! out of Cena at Extreme Rules - Cena still goes over.

CM Punk potentially had a new "Austin-McMahon" feud going on with Laurinaitus - Cena comes in and is the one who put him out of business.

Zack Ryder had some popularity with the audience and Eve Torres - they bring Cena in and stops Ryder (can't stand him anyway) and turns everything against Eve and starting the "HoSki" thing.

Ryback somehow gets over with the crowd - Cena steps in and involves himself in the WWE title matches recently. Sure, Ryback has a one-on-one match with Punk at TLC, but we all know Cena's going to get back into it when The Rock returns.

AJ gets really over with the people and is full of herself now - Cena jumps in and is suddenly her 25th boyfriend within the company and is being promoted as the best guy she's ever had. Sure, I'm pissed off because I was all over AJ since she signed her development deal but I think this list speaks for itself when I raise my first point that it's Cena's company.
    They do it to keep cena relevant however with orton they don't shove him down our throats and he gets a huge pop every time he comes out.

I don't like it but that's how they feel business is done the right way...smh

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Like I said earlier, the best thing to happen to the WWE locker room is when Cena gets injured. It becomes the ONLY time where they can showcase what they can deliver.

8 years and counting!

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    They do it to keep cena relevant however with orton they don't shove him down our throats and he gets a huge pop every time he comes out.

I don't like it but that's how they feel business is done the right way...smh
    And I forgot to mention in my list (which also works in accordance with your point of relevance), they've kept the Cena title as the main WWE title. Disgusting!

I got bored of Orton a long time ago, so his heel turn can't come quick enough. I thought his character was great when he was a heel, so I'll most likely look like a bandwagon jumper when his time comes.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I feel the WWE needs to go back to the drawing board and understand the failure of the approach with cena and rock.

Rock should just $#@! off and cena should be pushed down the title food chain and nit get a title shot for months or years.

But that will never happen...
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

8. Likes Justin likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Why you hating on the Rock?

And $#@! Ryback. Poor mans Goldberg and Goldberg was $#@! too

Punk
    Bryan
    Ziggler - thats in it terms of Eliteness
    Y2J - if he comes back

Miz - (WWE like him, i dont)
    Barrett - Cos he is from the UK, i wanna like him, i can see summit in him, but im not sure.

Rollins and ambrose will be huge stars.....deal with it.
    Last edited by 33x; 11-28-2012 at 13:27.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I Do not hate the rock, he is an excellent wrestling talent.. But its a worse state of affairs if they need him when the ratings are terrible.... And to give him a title shot and him not to defend it for months on end

Makes not bloodly sense at all... Its unfair to the actual wrestlers that are there day in day out and the WWE need to be wise to the stupid move and impact this will have on the company and wrestlers in general
    Last edited by claud3; 11-28-2012 at 13:51.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

11. Likes Molo316 likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Do you really think Vince cares about that?!

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I Do not hate the rock, he is an excellent wrestling talent.. But its a worse state of affairs if they need him when the ratings are terrible.... And to give him a title shot and him not to defend it for months on end

Makes not bloodly sense at all... Its unfair to the actual wrestlers that are there day in day out and the WWE need to be wise to the stupid move and impact this will have on the company and wrestlers in general
    I agree with that, and thus was CM Punk's grind when he did his epic promo.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Vince is odd and cares for money

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    End of discussion.

I always dreaded the day that Triple H and Stephanie took over the WWE once Vince packs it in, but the way things have turned out, I'm somewhat welcoming Triple H. If he continues the way he is it might be promising. He hasn't done too bad in reigniting the tag team division, although Cody Rhodes has now gotten injured. He seems to want to show more light to upcoming talent too.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    We really don't know if the rrock will leave or not be on tb during his title rain? I would like to believe that they wouldn't let that happen have an absent champion but now a days who knows?

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    We really don't know if the rrock will leave or not be on tb during his title rain? I would like to believe that they wouldn't let that happen have an absent champion but now a days who knows?
    Vince would because it is the rock. I really thhink he will be an absant champion and I hope every week Cena dogs him for it. Heck he prob won't even defend at elimination chamber if he's champ.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal

19. Likes Justin , claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    2013, is the time that the WWE might and hopefully go back to the 2-hour show again and this is excellent news.. This means more packed in and actual quality WWE skills at work again..

Plus it's the 2-hour show with hopefully high ratings again and no craming the stories over a long period to fit the 3-hour show

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Coming off the heels of the third andfinal hourofMonday's RAW broadcast suffering a fifteen percent dropinviewership,Comcast's listing forMondaynight programming on the USA Network (availableat TVGuide.com) has a rerun of NCIS: Los Angeles (2009 episode "Deliverance") airing during the 8:00 p.m. time slot with RAW listed as a two-hour-and-five-minute program beginning at 9:00p.m.

The first hour of Monday's show garnered4,147,000 viewers, with hour two slightly dropping 4,126,000. The third hour,however,suffered its sharpestdecline since the program was lengthened to three hours inJuly,droppingto3,488,000 viewers. It marked as the fifteenth consecutive week andeighteenth weekout ofnineteen weeks where viewership dropped off during the third hour.

-- Ring of Honor wrestler Mike Bennett met with WWE officials last week. Additional
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...-raw-returning
    Last edited by claud3; 11-29-2012 at 10:06.

YouTube Editor
    What the WWE NEEDS to do, but will never do is lower their total amount of PPV's each year. The fact they cram in 13 PPV's during a calendar year is terrible. How are they supposed to build proper feuds/story lines that the fans will buy into? You can't create main event hype for a match in 3 weeks. Look:

Week 1: "Hey you gave him a match for the title but I wanted a title shot!"
    Week 2: Random run in to screw the other guy out of his title shot.
    Week 3: Someone does their finisher to the other guy as the show ends.....

*Rinse and repeat*

I remember waiting 3 months for a match between two top level talents. The build was just as exciting (if not more) as the actual match. Great booking, great story lines, proper build, and devotion will get them back the ratings they have lost. Why can't they see this? Well general rule is 13 PPV's vs 6 PPV's means I should generate more revenue. In the end this is not necessarily true by checking the buy rates of their PPV events.

On average a decent PPV will garner 250,000 buys, so 250,000 x 13 = 3, 250, 000.

Now if a PPV were built CORRECTLY over TIME the buy rates would for surely jump. So lets say the WWE lowered their PPV events to 6 per year and averaged 600,000 buys each. 600,000 x 6 = 3, 600, 000. Now this is just rough thinking, but if done correctly each PPV could create the buy rates similar to their flagship showings such as SummerSlam, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series, or even Wrestlemania.

8 years and counting!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    What the WWE NEEDS to do, but will never do is lower their total amount of PPV's each year. The fact they cram in 13 PPV's during a calendar year is terrible. How are they supposed to build proper feuds/story lines that the fans will buy into? You can't create main event hype for a match in 3 weeks. Look:

Week 1: "Hey you gave him a match for the title but I wanted a title shot!"
    Week 2: Random run in to screw the other guy out of his title shot.
    Week 3: Someone does their finisher to the other guy as the show ends.....

*Rinse and repeat*

I remember waiting 3 months for a match between two top level talents. The build was just as exciting (if not more) as the actual match. Great booking, great story lines, proper build, and devotion will get them back the ratings they have lost. Why can't they see this? Well general rule is 13 PPV's vs 6 PPV's means I should generate more revenue. In the end this is not necessarily true by checking the buy rates of their PPV events.

On average a decent PPV will garner 250,000 buys, so 250,000 x 13 = 3, 250, 000.

Now if a PPV were built CORRECTLY over TIME the buy rates would for surely jump. So lets say the WWE lowered their PPV events to 6 per year and averaged 600,000 buys each. 600,000 x 6 = 3, 600, 000. Now this is just rough thinking, but if done correctly each PPV could create the buy rates similar to their flagship showings such as SummerSlam, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series, or even Wrestlemania.
    I def agree with you! Paying for all those PPV's gets expensive 50 a pop 14 times a year that's what 700 a year smh. I don't pay for them anymore but still it was the only reason why I was even considering getting the WWE network for the PPV's being included with membership but having heard anything about it in months so most likely its not gonna happen now.

I was playing wwe 13 the attitude era and was thinking TNA should just do a monday night show. I've been to a live tna its interesting enough to compete. The impact show I went to was more interesting that any raw I've seen lately overall Hogan even came out and it was free to go lol.

I think the wwe needs some competition

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Never gonna happen. TNA will NEVER even come close to rivalling the WWE. They are lucky Vince dont buy them!

As long as Punk and Bryan are on tv, im happy.

And wtf is up with Bryan losing all the time?! $#@!ers

24. Likes Justin likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Never gonna happen. TNA will NEVER even come close to rivalling the WWE. They are lucky Vince dont buy them!

As long as Punk and Bryan are on tv, im happy.

And wtf is up with Bryan losing all the time?! $#@!ers
    The only thing they don't have is a CM punk or cena however they have a solid roster better than most of wwe's mid card scene. Their production cost is so low they should just do it what do they have to lose lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    It seems that the WWE is staying 3 hours from now on.... It was miscommunication with them

That sucks big time now

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    4million viewers is pretty good its on the upside to say the least

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

YouTube Editor
    It is damn near impossible to keep viewers tuned in for 3 hours!

In my opinion they need to go back to the 2 hour format, get rid of the two "top" belts and unify them (have just one title), then rid us FULLY of the stupidity that is the brand split between Raw and Smackdown.

8 years and counting!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU

Professional Wrestling Corner - Where wrestling fans come to lay the smack down

I don't think they will ever do that they get more money have 2 shows with 2 champs.

Business wise not a good move to unify fanwise pisses us off but you'll watch anyways lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    We will go round circle on this title unify and one brand rules... But the fact remains that will never happen

Because they make so much money from both brands and equal to more viewers for each brand. More so for raw brand..

The WWE will never change the formula, unless something like huge money is lost...

Thread Information