Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Which show is better, Raw or Smackdown?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw

30 69.77%
  • Smackdown

13 30.23%
Page 536 of 656 FirstFirst ... 526536546 ... LastLast
Results 13,376 to 13,400 of 16387
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I believe it I haven't watched it. At this point with TNA they are just gonna bury there talent. I just still feel like hogan has his prints all over these kind of things happening
    It is absolutly hogans and $#@!off fault for everything tna has become. When TNA goes under that will make two companies this dynamic duo has brought under. It is going to happen soon and hopefully ROH will step up to start broadcasting more. Seriouslly ratings where up for TNA and they where gaining momentum. Wtf was dixie thinking bringing those two. She is more clueless than those two.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Some great news for the WWE

TNA has dropped the lawsuit that they filed against WWE last year. As most of you know by now, the lawsuit had been filed after Brian Wittenstein, a former TNA employee who had left the company and moved to WWE, had attempted to supply information he had stolen from TNAabout talent contracts and other information. WWE had notified TNA but when Ric Flair tried to get out of his contract to go to WWE, TNA felt thatWWE had targeted them and filed suit.

TNA filed documents on January 15th stating that both sides had agreed to pay for their own legal costs and that the suit had been withdrawn. There is no word as to whether a settlement has been reached, or whether the lawsuit was dismissed with or without prejudice. If the suit is dismissed without prejudice than it could conceivably be refiled again.

The court had previously filed a permanent injunction against Wittenstein demanding that he return all information he took from TNA, not speak of any TNA information to any third parties (including WWE) and not breach any agreements he had signed with TNA.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...st-wwe-details
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    It is absolutly hogans and $#@!off fault for everything tna has become. When TNA goes under that will make two companies this dynamic duo has brought under. It is going to happen soon and hopefully ROH will step up to start broadcasting more. Seriouslly ratings where up for TNA and they where gaining momentum. Wtf was dixie thinking bringing those two. She is more clueless than those two.
    Dixie is hot I'd hit it lmao

But Hogan and biscoff need to go away and stay away!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    ROH will never compete with WWE on a national level, I seriously even doubt they'll compete with TNA anytime. They've already filed for bankruptcy like twice, they're lucky they're owned by Sinclair Broadcasting now so the future might be a little bit brighter for them.
    ROH having a ratings war with TNA doesn't seem likely (though I'd love to see it), ROH is in a very bad place atm. Their best stars get signed by WWE (Bryan, Punk, Cesaro, Rollins, El Generico) or TNA (Joe, Styles, Aries, Daniels) and with the exception of Kevin Steen nobody gives a damn about most of their current stars (Haas & Benjamin, Jay Lethal & Davey Richards for some).
    I do hope ROH becomes bigger than it is but if they keep dumbasses like Jim Cornette around nothing will ever change.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    well there you go, it's the old getting involved and not letting the fresh brands breath on their own and learn from their Mistakes

TNA, ROH and loads off others need to grow under the belief off success under their own power and not expect to get help from the oldies, unless the oldie owns the company aka Booker T's promotion and Hulk Hogan's Mini wrestling Champion

The WWE learnt the hard way back when the turf wars were happening and that then was the toughest point in wrestling development and you have to agree that now a days, the turf wars are none existed

and if they came back now, all independence promotion would have a fair slice of the rating pie and competition for talent would be incredible and WWE would find it hard to be fresh all the time

In away the promotions of old are still around in small bits here and there and Jerry the King Lawyer still provides the WWE with fresh talent to compete at their development company to move to the WWE
    Last edited by claud3; 01-18-2013 at 19:11.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Jerry Lawler has his own promotion still tho right?

I thing ROH should become the next development program for WWE but it seems they are set on NXT becoming that one day

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    AJ Lee Puts Big E Langston In The Friend Zone

In case you were wondering if a romantic relationship could ever blossom between AJ Lee & Big E Langston, it’s safe to say that probably won’t ever happen. AJ Lee tweeted on Thursday:

"Once you start antiquing, you cannot stop antiquing. In other news, I am certainly going to die alone."

Big E Langston responded:

@WWEAJLee Don't worry, Miss AJ. I plan on awkwardly lurking in the background for years to come. #LifeInTheFriendZone

AJ then fired back with the most unflattering thing a hot girl could ever say to one of her guy friends -

@BigELangston You're like a sister to me.

Sister!?

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    if they came back now, all independence promotion would have a fair slice of the rating pie and competition for talent would be incredible and WWE would find it hard to be fresh all the time

In away the promotions of old are still around in small bits here and there and Jerry the King Lawyer still provides the WWE with fresh talent to compete at their development company to move to the WWE
    Indy promotions will never get a fair slice of ratings, they don't have the funds to get onto national television (alot of promotions are in fact on tv, they're just local tv). Even if they did get on national tv alot of people wouldn't watch them because its not WWE, no matter how good they are (just look at TNA)

Btw, Jerry Lawler doesn't provide $#@! lol, it's all Jim Ross & Gerald Brisco who scout talent. Also Harley Race occasionally has tryout camps for the WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Jerry Lawler has his own promotion still tho right?

I thing ROH should become the next development program for WWE but it seems they are set on NXT becoming that one day
    I think Lawler opened "Memphis Wrestling" somewhere in 2010 but afaik it stopped running shows after only 2 or 3 episodes. Lawler is one of very few to be allowed to accept independent bookings though (I know Primo and Epico can do so too in Puerto Rico, any others I'm forgetting?)

NXT is actually the developmental territory, it's the same as FCW was they just changed the name and overhauled the look. ROH will never be a development program though, WWE will just snatch their talent after they've grown there like they do with promotions all over the world.
    Idk they might do some sort of agreement with them like they have with Boston Wrestling (Millenium Wrestling Federation, Cena's dad is associated with them) but I dont think much more than that will happen.

I did read that dude from Smashing Pumpkins who has his own promotion (Resistance Pro) wants to become a farming fed for WWE.

EDIT: Lol @ Molo; sister-zoned! :P

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    ok that's me in my place...

i would watch them and you have to admit some if not a lot of them promotions are on power with matches like the WWE and TNA

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    ok that's me in my place...

i would watch them and you have to admit some if not a lot of them promotions are on power with matches like the WWE and TNA
    Eh not trying to put anyone in their place, not trying to be an elitist, just giving my opinion and sharing my views on a sport I love just like you all.

As for the rest of your post, you say you'd watch them.. Well why don't you watch them now? It's 2013, indy wrestling is accesible enough through YouTube. I can find you atleast 10 promotions who put full shows and matches online.
    Not trying to force you or anyone into watching it, but is there really an excuse/reason not to watch it other than you don't want to or you don't have the time?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    i would but i need to get out of this state off mind, that the WWE is the best in the world and no other can beat it

It's not that easy after over 20+ years watching the WWE

i am going to check out Indy Wrestling

Super Elite

I'm seriously contemplating downloading the Russo era of WCW (and a bit before that - '99, '00, '01) I've been reading The Death of WCW again (great book btw) and seeing as no wrestling show on earth could be worse than Raw is right now I might dl it and watch it all over again.
    I also read some quotes from the Wrestling Observer about the dying days of WCW and some just legit made me laugh:

"The 12/18 Nitro was supposed to practically be built around Rick Steiner as the surprise guy, but he wasn't there because they forgot to tell him"

"The Demon vs. Vampiro feud was scheduled to go like this. Demon was to be revealed as the Son of the Devil, I swear I'm not making this up, who had turned good because he turned his back on his father. Vampiro would be revealed to have been sent down, or up, however the geography goes, to garner revenge. On the New Years Eve PPV, Demon would toss Vampiro into a vat of holy water, and when he got out, he'd change to a new character"

"Bret Hart filmed a hip hop video this past week"

"Bagwell and Kanyon, who at this point had turned on eachother twice, where scheduled to face Flair and Crowbar. Bigelow attacked Kanyon, suplexing him on the entrance ramp and threw him off the stage through a table. This bump was far more dangerous than similar WWF bumps where they have all these pads set up covered in a blanket around the table when they go off the ramp, but the stunt was nill as the cameras missed the shot"

"Funk came out with chickens on both hands like they were boxing gloves"

Lol, I cant wait to re-watch this trainwreck.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Seen a lot about the death of wcw and ecw and the old wrestling companies, its amazing how tucked up they really were and how bad they were at business

The WWE will go that way sometime in the future

Super Elite

WWE will never go that way. In fact I'd say the future is looking very bright. I'm looking forward to the day HHH takes over. He seems to have a great mind for this business. Say what you want about him, but he's been jobbing at the bottom of the card and has scratched and clawed to get to the top, that's someone you want as boss - he knows how it is at the top and the bottom of the card.

Look at the current NXT roster, absolutely filled with talent - they put on great shows, and guess who's in charge of those shows? That's right, Triple H.

15. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    likewise, but you know Vince will still have some say in the day to day business off the WWE

watching TNA, Matches are awesome. But i am so pissed that they are having another wedding and it's the worse one ever

What is it with the whole $#@!ting brook and Bully storyline, why

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    To be fair, Triple H has to give a great assist to hooking up with Stephanie for his rise to the top. He even cheated on Chyna apparently.

I'm not denying that he worked his ass off and came from a complete jobber to one of the best heels in wrestling, but I do wonder that if Stephanie stayed with Test, if he would be taking the reigns or at least having a say in things. I heard that Vince didn't like Triple H before, but I suppose he came round to him when he found out his daughter was getting boned by her.

I never liked the idea of Helmsley taking over, but I have to admit that I agree he's doing a great job and seems to be more in touch with what the people eventually want than Vince does.

18. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    the WWE is working like a dream according to all accounts and that is great news... But if Vince keeps poking his nose in and he will

The company will not going anywhere fast

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I think Triple H has done business the right way. He's far from perfect but I feel better than Vince at this point of the game.

Idk is Steph wouldve stayed with test if he wouldve been anything special. Triple H got his power by hanging around shawn michaels when he was the TOP guy in the back. But Triple H jobbed to the ultimate warrior in 30 seconds he's worked his ass off and no one can deny that.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal

22. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    i just want to see the direction the WWE goes and it being a great path. Now lets move on to something really important

The whole horror of the rock getting the WWE title and him ruining the creditably of the WWE and it will be a massive horror for the WWE to screw PUNK this way for so long being champ

Super Elite

How will The Rock winning the title ruin its credibility? If anything it makes it more prestiges. The countless Cena, Orton and Edge reigns is what killed the credibility of the title. I still fail to see the problem with The Rock winning the title, I for one can't wait until Rock gets the title.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    How will The Rock winning the title ruin its credibility? If anything it makes it more prestiges. The countless Cena, Orton and Edge reigns is what killed the credibility of the title. I still fail to see the problem with The Rock winning the title, I for one can't wait until Rock gets the title.
    Because instead of focusing on their roster and pushing people the rock swoops in for three months to be champ just to job it to cena at wm. Then maybe next year he will swoop in again and maybe year after that. It is an insult to have him as champ when there people busting their ass out there but wwe has their head so far up their ass that they just bring in vinces buddy dwayne. Heck rock is not even doing any house shows. Punk brought credit back to the title but soon we will back to status quo with super cena. I'm tired of it and can not wait till vince leaves.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Because it's like, someone coming in from no were and stealing the streak off the undertaker at WM

it ruins the creditably in ways you have to understand

1. The WWE solo understanding, is that they need old wrestlers to make a title mean something again and that is wrong

2. The roster has plenty off wrestlers that they can build up and defend the title against and punk can lose the title honestly and instead of being screwed

3.The WWE builds this match up and the rock gets the title, what then and this is the way it goes. The shows are going to go back to be $#@! until the next rock defense of the title, which freaking sucks

4. The rock will not defend the title all the time and even on the two brands or many house events... Makes no sense giving the title to someone that has struck a deal, so he defends the title at certains points leading up to WM29

5. Why even have the rock in the title race anyways. The logical step is to build up a cena vs punk match at WM29 and then either give cena the title or let punk hold on to it

6. The rock is a freaking Millionair and does not need to risk his life in the business anymore

I feel the WWE is $#@!ing making us out to be stupid and thinking we do not know that their are actual wrestlers on the roster that could and should win the title, more than the rock should even have a chance at it

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I wouldn't mind seeing Rock win the title, since he's such a classic character and so on, but I don't like the fact that if he does win, he's going to end a long-term title run for CM Punk. However, I will be more pissed if it is Cena who takes the title off of Punk. I think that whoever ends his run should be a new opponent, who has been built up and does work hard - for example, Wade Barrett. I don't mean to be biased because he's English, but I reckon that he has the charisma and smug attitude to be a top heel, like in the class of Triple H when he got his first title push, or Bobby Roode when he won the World title in TNA. Basically, someone you'd love to hate and cannot wait to see lose for all the right reasons. I remember when Rock beat Triple H for the title at Backlash 2000, it was f*cking brilliant! I was younger then so I didn't stay up to watch the full PPV, but I set my alarm and got up to watch that main event and I jumped out of my seat when Rock won, because Triple H was a character I loved to hate!

Anyway, I'm going off tangent here. But since Punk has pretty much faced all the "big" guys in his current title run, I feel this is the chance to build up someone new and go from there; it's something they could make a long-term rivalry out of too. I'd have to say though that the character needs to be good and appealing too. For example, I would f*cking hate it if they went with Zack Ryder or something because he annoys the $#@! out of me and is not cool at all in my opinion. I'd want him to lose, but for all the wrong reasons. Some of that has to be placed on the writers and bookers though. Like Punk has been stating, you have great in-ring talent, such as Tyson Kidd, but they're squashed and never used, but I'd also have concerns at the moment that he couldn't cut interesting and long promos to get the audience engaged, but everyone deserves a chance.

So as well as being a hard worker, they simply must have that "it" factor to appeal in the route they want to go. For me, Wade Barrett fits that bill, as does Sheamus, but he's just booked terribly with his cheesey lines and promos. Anyone with a brain can clearly see that he is a tremendous worker, and some of his matches (the content of it, not necessarily the result) are top notch!

And I seem to remember people hating on Antonio Cesaro too? I think he's a tremendous worker with what he puts into matches so I'd love to see him at the top one day. I feel he could also be a top heel.

I hope I've gone somewhere with this and added something of relevance to the discussion

28. Likes Tven likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    The Reason Why The Rock Want's The WWE Title

The Rock recently did an interview with the WWE Magazine and revealed why he wants to regain the WWE Title. Check out the highlights:

On why regaining the belt is important: "It starts with recognizing what the WWE Championship represents to me. Every time I hold that title over my head in victory, it not only signifies the fact that I have delivered the absolute best entertainment that I could to the WWE Universe, but that I'm taking a moment to live an experience that all the generations of wrestlers in my family strived to achieve. There is no other award that I could receive that's as deeply ingrained in my blood and history as theWWE Championship - and that's why it means so much to me."

At the same time, The Rock said that after his first WWE Title reign - which came in 1998 - he decided that he would never allow his possession of or lack of the WWE Title define his career.

On not letting the title define his career: "After my first WWEChampionship run came to an end, I made a conscious decision that night that I would work harder than any other Superstar in the locker room to become the type of WWE entertainer who, if I never had another championship run again, it would not define my career. I never wanted to rely on a title run for success."

On his recent recent approach of mixing entertainment with seriousness: "My goal was to get to a place where I relied only on what I could bring to the table in terms of being entertaining and having a one-of-a-kind - and electrifying - connection with all of the WWE Universe.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...-the-wwe-title

Thread Information