View Poll Results: Which show is better, Raw or Smackdown?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw

31 70.45%
  • Smackdown

13 29.55%
Page 537 of 660 FirstFirst ... 527537547 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,425 of 16482
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Because instead of focusing on their roster and pushing people the rock swoops in for three months to be champ just to job it to cena at wm. Then maybe next year he will swoop in again and maybe year after that. It is an insult to have him as champ when there people busting their ass out there but wwe has their head so far up their ass that they just bring in vinces buddy dwayne. Heck rock is not even doing any house shows. Punk brought credit back to the title but soon we will back to status quo with super cena. I'm tired of it and can not wait till vince leaves.
    But they are focusing on their roster. Are they not pushing Ryback, Antonio Cesaro and even Dolph Ziggler? Like you said it's 3 months.. He takes up 3 months, that's more than The Undertaker and Triple H are doing, and Jericho also came just for WM last year but they get a free pass?
    I see absolutely no problem with The Rock coming back for WrestleMania season. It's a fact that his segments are usually the highest rated of the show. Rock brings extra viewers and publicity to the product which in turns means everyone makes more money.

I also dont see why it matters to us if Rock is doing House shows. Are we attending them? No, we're not so why should we care who is or isnt appearing on those shows.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yes they are focusing on the roster... But not in the way we all want them to

We want one's to come out of no where and have unexpected attacks on the WHC and WWE champions respectively and we want epic promo's from them and segments that are awesome, we do not want them to be pushed and then left standing like a spare tit

Just to fill time and that is all it seems, to fill time between the normal CENA, ROCK, PUNK crap
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Jericho toured when he was in wwe. That is completly diff from what rocks doing. The champ is suppose to be there at the shows representing the title. Giving it to rock who is just showing up when he wants is an insult to those who do tour. Ryback got a little push yes but they already sending him to dust in the wind. Ziggler they do not know wtf to do with him and making him into cenas $#@! killing whatever momentum he had before.

Tyson kidd,ted dibiasi, and cody rhodes are three examples of how wwe fails at pushing. End of 2011 these three where on a role. Tyson was rapidly going to top, cody had momentum and dibiasi was being used. Yet they completly failed with them. Tyson got pushed to the side one superstars was over. Dibiasi they even admitted they failed. Cody is now a tag team which is good but he should have had a shot at title by now. Hell look at zack ryder he was on top as us champ but they blamed him for low ratings and shoved him to the side. Only reason punk didn't get shoved to the side, which they wanted to do, was HHH and fans went to bat for him.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    The wrestlers that have outside commitments are tied to the company and yet this puts a choke hold on many in the WWE business, because they have no freedom creative tools

Y2K has a special thing, were is that he goes on tour and mentions the WWE in some way...

But as I said the WWE needs to get out of this, we control you and therefore we own all creative thinking you do outside the company
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Elite
    Jericho toured when he was in wwe. That is completly diff from what rocks doing. The champ is suppose to be there at the shows representing the title. Giving it to rock who is just showing up when he wants is an insult to those who do tour. Ryback got a little push yes but they already sending him to dust in the wind. Ziggler they do not know wtf to do with him and making him into cenas $#@! killing whatever momentum he had before.

Tyson kidd,ted dibiasi, and cody rhodes are three examples of how wwe fails at pushing. End of 2011 these three where on a role. Tyson was rapidly going to top, cody had momentum and dibiasi was being used. Yet they completly failed with them. Tyson got pushed to the side one superstars was over. Dibiasi they even admitted they failed. Cody is now a tag team which is good but he should have had a shot at title by now. Hell look at zack ryder he was on top as us champ but they blamed him for low ratings and shoved him to the side. Only reason punk didn't get shoved to the side, which they wanted to do, was HHH and fans went to bat for him.
    Those who do tour are getting paid for it, I'm sure they're not complaining. My opinion is still that Rock shouldn't necessarily do house shows if he has the title. WWE has enough talent on the roster to create a main event for those shows that will sell tickets without the need of a title.
    Rock might get the title 3 months, are you saying you'd rather have someone else like Ziggler have a meaningless 3 month reign and then drop the title to Cena?
    Rock moves merch and gets ratings, he as champ would make WWE more money than Ziggler would in a whole year. WWE is still a business and Rock as champion is good for business.

Tyson Kidd was rapidly going to the top? Well I must've missed that. Unless you mean a roll-up victory over Tensai (who's fallen to comedy jobber status) means you're getting a push..
    I'm really glad the supposed pushes of Kidd, DiBiase and Ryder got dropped. Kidd doesn't belong in the main event, simple as that. He's a great wrestler but lacks any kind of charisma and wouldn't be able to carry a top-fued.
    I haven't seen a pushed wrestler as un-over as DiBiase since the days of Snitsky, nobody cared about him at all, he's the definition of a generic CAW. This guy should never even get close to the main event.

And Ryder is just a midcarder for life. He was pretty cool in the beginning when fans chanted for him and he finally got some tv time. Then he got alot of tv time and was exposed, it became clear he was only average and he went back to jobbing.

Btw I'm not disputing that WWE is terrible at pushing wrestlers, but those examples you mentioned (apart from Rhodes) didn't do your argument any favors.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    After the epic promo Cm Punk dropped on the rock 2 weeks ago I would love to see Punks Reign continue! If the rock wins the title he has to show up on raw every week or ill be upset. We don't know what's going to happen but we won't have to guess for long since RR is this sunday! (Finally) I'm looking forward to the RR and Raw tonight should get interesting.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    Those who do tour are getting paid for it, I'm sure they're not complaining. My opinion is still that Rock shouldn't necessarily do house shows if he has the title. WWE has enough talent on the roster to create a main event for those shows that will sell tickets without the need of a title.
    Rock might get the title 3 months, are you saying you'd rather have someone else like Ziggler have a meaningless 3 month reign and then drop the title to Cena?
    Rock moves merch and gets ratings, he as champ would make WWE more money than Ziggler would in a whole year. WWE is still a business and Rock as champion is good for business.

Tyson Kidd was rapidly going to the top? Well I must've missed that. Unless you mean a roll-up victory over Tensai (who's fallen to comedy jobber status) means you're getting a push..
    I'm really glad the supposed pushes of Kidd, DiBiase and Ryder got dropped. Kidd doesn't belong in the main event, simple as that. He's a great wrestler but lacks any kind of charisma and wouldn't be able to carry a top-fued.
    I haven't seen a pushed wrestler as un-over as DiBiase since the days of Snitsky, nobody cared about him at all, he's the definition of a generic CAW. This guy should never even get close to the main event.

And Ryder is just a midcarder for life. He was pretty cool in the beginning when fans chanted for him and he finally got some tv time. Then he got alot of tv time and was exposed, it became clear he was only average and he went back to jobbing.

Btw I'm not disputing that WWE is terrible at pushing wrestlers, but those examples you mentioned (apart from Rhodes) didn't do your argument any favors.
    It is not a meaningless 3 month tho. It is a guy ending the reign of the longest running champion in recent years and that is saying something big.

If they wanted rating then they should have been smart and brought back undertaker to end punk title run because Undertaker didn't quit to go make movies. I have no problem with rock showing up once a year, but if he is going to do that then I feel it should def not be in title picture. A great Taker vs Punk fued leading up to WM and not knowing what may happen is more interisting then knowing Rock is going to win and drop to Cena at WM, with punk in all likely hood going on a 3 month losing streaking supposing he faces Taker at WM. Odds are in Taker favor to win.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I just have a problem with Rock dropping the title to cena when the hell is brock coming back!!! Lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I still have a problem with the rock getting the title

But with all my objections, he will get the title either way and again CENA will get the title and punk might be pushed down the title food chain

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    What are the current matches set for rr this sunday? Outside of the Championship matches

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    That is the thing, not known yet and since the WWE is keeping tight lipped on many parts of the show

We will learn over the course of the next week or so. But again all can change at the last minute

Super Elite
    It is not a meaningless 3 month tho. It is a guy ending the reign of the longest running champion in recent years and that is saying something big.

If they wanted rating then they should have been smart and brought back undertaker to end punk title run because Undertaker didn't quit to go make movies. I have no problem with rock showing up once a year, but if he is going to do that then I feel it should def not be in title picture. A great Taker vs Punk fued leading up to WM and not knowing what may happen is more interisting then knowing Rock is going to win and drop to Cena at WM, with punk in all likely hood going on a 3 month losing streaking supposing he faces Taker at WM. Odds are in Taker favor to win.
    So it would be fine if Rock beat Del Rio for the world title, since that reign is like 2 weeks old by the time the Rumble rolls around? I'm sure Punk has no problem laying down for Rock. Facing The Rock will be the biggest match of his career, he's been champ for nearly what more than 450 days? I'm a Punk fan but this reign is getting ridiculous, it's getting stale and boring.

With that second part of your post you really have me scratching my head. You're against The Rock coming back and winning the title, yet you want The Undertaker to come in and win the WWE title from Punk? That makes no sense.

We should be glad The Rock left and went out to do movies, he's a bigger star then ever now and a real special-attraction. Had he stayed I guarentee you he would be as stale as Cena is now. To clear up your memory he got booed as a face in 2002 (not just against Hogan at WM18 mind you), they had to turn him heel because of the boo's he got.
    Now everytime he shows up he gets the biggest pops of the night, not bad for someone who quit and turned his back on the fans right?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Some Cops were called to current indy promotion over a match

An indy wrestler at the Vintage Wrestling show in Sanford, Florida on Sunday night called the police following his match with former WWEdevelopmental talent Steve Taylor. Taylor posted on his Facebook account that he and the other guy, a relatively inexperienced wrestler named Steelhorse Vachon, were on different pages about the match. After Vachon did something that Taylor didn't appreciate, Taylor gave him a stiff shot to the eye.

After the match, Vachon called police to the venue claiming to have been jumped. Taylor had already left before the police showed up; they questioned several wrestlers and decided that nothing further was needed.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...during-a-match

so indy promotions are having real problems

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Some Cops were called to current indy promotion over a match

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...during-a-match

so indy promotions are having real problems
    Read about that, both are dumbasses. Full match is on YouTube btw.

It's not often you hear about police getting called at an indy show (especially not for someone else going "off script" lol). Last time I heard about police at a show was back in I think 2008 when some guys legit beat the $#@! outta Mike Levy at the Queen Of The Deathmatches show. Pretty sure that whole incident actually made local news too because the whole "IWA Family" kept their mouth shut and pretended like nothing happened.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I heard one, were i can not remember his name

Nearly killed the wrestler during the match and i went to youtube and seen him lay into the guy heavy and he did actually nearly kill him

This was an indy match

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    This will be punks biggest match I hope it lives up to the hype!

Since they gave punk some freedom in this fued I'm quite enjoying cm punk more than ever!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I am too, i see a great match between him and the rock

the promo's need to stay solid throughout and the creative writing needs to be epic and i know punk will make this is best so far

Super Elite
    I heard one, were i can not remember his name

Nearly killed the wrestler during the match and i went to youtube and seen him lay into the guy heavy and he did actually nearly kill him

This was an indy match
    From what I can get gather from your description it's the same match I'm talking about. A big guy doing a double stomp from the middle rope onto Mike Levy's head (who has his head on a ladder). Guy got injured badly.

I'm looking forward to Punk vs Rock. My favorite Punk match ever is against Cena (MITB2011) I doubt this match will surpass that one but I'm sure it'll be very enjoyable.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    No it was not that one mate, i will check and show you

Here it was this one mate

New Jack Stabs Almost Kills Another Pro Wrestler (GRAPHIC)

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    From what I can get gather from your description it's the same match I'm talking about. A big guy doing a double stomp from the middle rope onto Mike Levy's head (who has his head on a ladder). Guy got injured badly.

I'm looking forward to Punk vs Rock. My favorite Punk match ever is against Cena (MITB2011) I doubt this match will surpass that one but I'm sure it'll be very enjoyable.
    That crowd was just epic! I love just watching the entrances of that match lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite
    Claud, I've never actually seen that one - only heard about it, so thanks for posting it.
    New Jack is $#@!ing crazy, yet awesome at the some time. Still get goosebumps when I see old ECW crowds pop once Natural Born Killers hits.

@ Devious, same man. The crowd was so loud you could hear the "CM Punk" chants over his entrance music which doesn't happen often. The whole pre-match entrances/intros etc.. would've been perfect if Cena's shirt got thrown back into the ring. It happened a couple weeks later when Del Rio was sitting ringside, his reaction was awesome.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    No problem, he is a mind $#@! to say the least... I have checked out a lot and i mean a lot off his matches and interviews and he is not all there sometimes

and yes he is an excellent wrestler too... But you do have to question how far can he go and is he still wrestling to this day. I have checked and not seen any recent matches or interviews on him

Will go and check out

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    That was funny when they threw his shirt back during that del rio match lol

We going raw live tonight? Lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite
    No problem, he is a mind $#@! to say the least... I have checked out a lot and i mean a lot off his matches and interviews and he is not all there sometimes

and yes he is an excellent wrestler too... But you do have to question how far can he go and is he still wrestling to this day. I have checked and not seen any recent matches or interviews on him

Will go and check out
    Excellent wrestler? Are we still talking about New Jack here? New Jack is one of the worst wrestlers I have ever witnessed, like notoriously bad. He's very entertaining in the ring but he wrestles as if he had no prior training.

If you're interested in some great New Jack stuff check out his YouShoot and his Face Off interview against Balls Mahoney. Intense interview and I'm still not sure if it was a real shoot or a work, New Jack seems legit pissed off etc. makes for great entertainment.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I was going to get into his interviews again and on the wrestling part, my bad

I checked two out and he is all over the place and not really a wrestler

Thread Information