Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Which show is better, Raw or Smackdown?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw

30 69.77%
  • Smackdown

13 30.23%
Page 555 of 655 FirstFirst ... 545555565 ... LastLast
Results 13,851 to 13,875 of 16353
    Supreme Veteran

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I just want to watch wrestling, less movies more Moves

News on early SUMMER SLAM plans

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Word is that the WWE is already planning for this year's SummerSlamevent. The show is scheduled to take place in Los Angeles again and WWEis looking to possible book a Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock match for the show.

The reason being that both have mainstream appeal and that with them in a featured spot, the local Hollywood community could get more involved with the event. An example would be having celebrities appearing at theWWE AXXESS event.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...m-pay-per-view
    Last edited by claud3; 02-07-2013 at 22:08.

Supreme Veteran

TNA leaving the Impact Zone FOR GOOD

TNA will move out of the Impact Zone permanently once they tape their "One Night Only" PPVs there in March. They are ending their lease with Universal Studios Orlando and after the tapings they will take their production, rings and sets.

They have been regularly taping TV there since leaving the Nashville Fairgrounds in June 2004. TNA is getting rid of the costs of the live monthly PPV and the Impact Zone and using the money into running tapings on the road every week.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...nently-details

TNA vs WWE WrestleMania 29, 3 Hour RAW Plus WWE Show News

With other wrestling promotions including TNA running shows in the New York area over WrestleMania weekend, WWE is planning to keep their talent busy and away from TNA stars.

-- The Wrestling Observer has released statistics about RAW's expansion to three hours last summer. The extra hour has resulted in 33% more matches per show and matches going 33% longer. The amount of in-ring wrestling doubled to 78%.

Wrestlers who have benefited from the longer TV time include John Cena,Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Big Show, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Primo and Epico.

Wrestlers who had less TV time are Zack Ryder, Tensai, David Otunga, The Great Khali and Santino Marella.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...ur-raw-updates

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    What an interesting article and numbers....

They shitty on Zack ryder after building him up

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

4. Likes claud3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran

sure is mate... It shows how the WWE needs to focus more on actual wrestling and less on talking

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    sure is mate... It shows how the WWE needs to focus more on actual wrestling and less on talking
    Based on what you posted it seems like they have been longer matches more wrasling lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran

very much so... But they still fill to much with talking and i know they need to expand the story of a feud and stuff... But more wrestling will make that more real in my opinion

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I think they need to improve the story telling thru matches cause most matches don't mean shit.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    Mark Henry is probably the last guy in the world I'd like to run into a dark alley. He would break me in half like a pencil.

i remember his "sexual chocolate" days lmao so funny
    But would you actually see him in a dark ALLEY, you because he is

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I think they need to improve the story telling thru matches cause most matches don't mean shit.
    so true... They only throw some together to fill space and time, but if their was actual story behind all matches. Then it would make perfect sense to have them

Super Elite
    Do I live in a nice house with my GF or in my Moms basement? You decide!!
    so true... They only throw some together to fill space and time, but if their was actual story behind all matches. Then it would make perfect sense to have them
    I disagree.

Supreme Veteran

mate i respect you and all, but you have to believe that some matches are throwing together to fill times

Super Elite
    Yes there's filler match. Guess what, wrestling had filler matches in the 50's too. It's a part of the business, every promotion has filler matches and they serve a purpose.

I'm willing to go as far as to say WWE is one of very few promotions that still regularly features matches with a story. And psychology wise no company is as good as WWE perhaps only New Japan Pro Wrestling is better.

If I post a wrestling match, would you actually be able to recognise the story being told in the ring? Because alot of people love to throw around the terms storytelling and psychology without having a clue what they mean.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Resent interview with Tara
    The feeling in TNA with IMPACT going on the road: ďOur fans get spoiled and callused. They want to see us draw blood. In Orlando, thank god we are going on the road, our fans in Orlando got a little bit spoiled because they see us every week, but we were out there killing ourselves for entertainment. We are actresses and actors who do our stunts with drama. And when they donít react to certain things, itís like my God, what do you want me to do?!Ē
    Hahaha she is so right
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Supreme Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    Yes there's filler match. Guess what, wrestling had filler matches in the 50's too. It's a part of the business, every promotion has filler matches and they serve a purpose.

I'm willing to go as far as to say WWE is one of very few promotions that still regularly features matches with a story. And psychology wise no company is as good as WWE perhaps only New Japan Pro Wrestling is better.

If I post a wrestling match, would you actually be able to recognise the story being told in the ring? Because alot of people love to throw around the terms storytelling and psychology without having a clue what they mean.
    I know that mate... But some of the matches are lazy and not worth the time and on another note

The WWE is like all promotions out their, they do need stories to make a sense of certain matches with certain wrestling. I guess different promotions different reasons
    Last edited by claud3; 02-10-2013 at 15:50.

Elite Member
    TNA is a small company in my eyes where it lives its self off very little! yeah i watch it sometime's but there storys suck, the feuds are all over the place, there isnt any big buzz about TNA, for me it doesnt draw me that much to want me to care for the buisness! the stars are WWF/E & WCW rejects because of being let go by WWF/E an TNA Newcomers are the only thing thats good, only rarely we see good wrestlers on there.

AJ Styles & Samao Joe for me should stop dragging there selfs in to small time they need to go & try WWE! fans would like them alot if they went but would they last long enough? Sting should go b4 its to late an i know he has issue's with vince but WWE has changed with HHH now taking over a few things that vince cant do anymore! Sting needs to go for few reasons HOF, Match with UnderTaker! an if Kurt Angle doesnt go back he wont be in HOF!

What would it mean for TNA going on the Road!! Entering bigger arena's ect? money!

Supreme Veteran

TNA are on the right I guess and are now in direct competition with the WWE and will try massive date buys of arenas and stadium....

So the road to either success or failure is set

Super Elite
    I know that mate... But some of the matches are lazy and not worth the time and on another note

The WWE is like all promotions out their, they do need stories to make a sense of certain matches with certain wrestling. I guess different promotions different reasons
    Actually I think very few matches on WWE programming don't serve a purpose. Alot of them are to put the wrestlers over as powerhouses (Ryback), re-introduce them to the audience (Jack Swagger) or showcase a move-set and character (Antonio Cesaro)

Certain matches with certain wrestling? Can you be any more vague? Different promotions different reasons? What does that even mean?

TNA are on the right I guess and are now in direct competition with the WWE and will try massive date buys of arenas and stadium....

So the road to either success or failure is set
    TNA is far from direct competition to WWE. They air on different days, they tape in different venues - what exactly makes TNA direct competition to WWE? It's not like they're signing away WWE talent like WCW used to do..

If TNA fails on the road they'll just go back to Universal. If they pick the right arena's (and from the looks of it, they are) they'll only have to worry about proper advertising to make the touring a succes.

Supreme Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    Actually I think very few matches on WWE programming don't serve a purpose. Alot of them are to put the wrestlers over as powerhouses (Ryback), re-introduce them to the audience (Jack Swagger) or showcase a move-set and character (Antonio Cesaro)

Certain matches with certain wrestling? Can you be any more vague? Different promotions different reasons? What does that even mean?

TNA is far from direct competition to WWE. They air on different days, they tape in different venues - what exactly makes TNA direct competition to WWE? It's not like they're signing away WWE talent like WCW used to do..

If TNA fails on the road they'll just go back to Universal. If they pick the right arena's (and from the looks of it, they are) they'll only have to worry about proper advertising to make the touring a succes.
    i get that and understand that friend... But they have other shows to start feuds on aka SUPERSTARS, SLAM, HOUSE SHOWS etc...

RAW and SMACKDOWN, should be used to extend the feud more and continue the FEUD through out all shows the wrestlers are on

That way the FEUD means something and actually built right....

Onto TNA

They are in competition with the WWE, if they won't

then WWE would have not bought up a shit load of DATES in venues they knew TNA were going or might have BOOKED

If they fail, they fail and yes go back to the IMPACT ZONE and try again in a couple of years... But what if they are successful and become a massive company and they take over the WWE

were does that leave the WWE fans

Below News on the WWE NETWORK

As noted earlier here on the website, DirecTV recently issued a survey to subscribers inquiring about the proposed WWE Network. The survey asks,"DirecTV is considering offering its customers a new premium TV network and would like your input." It's noted that the WWE Network would be provided as a separate monthly fee and that 11 of the 12 current Pay Per View events would be shown on the network.

This seems to suggest that WrestleMania would be the only event not offered as part of the WWE Network package. Pay Per View events would still be made available regardless of a subscription purchase. Other programming mentioned included the Monday Night War, new and classic programming and repeats of RAW and SmackDown. WWE is scheduled to hold a conference call on 2/28 to report the company's fourth quarter earnings and Vince McMahon had promised more details on the WWENetwork then.

UPDATE: To follow up on DirecTV issuing a survey to subscribers, price points for the network were also tossed out. Pricing included $12.99, $14.99, $16.99, $19.99, $24.99 or $29.99.

The point of the survey was to gain feedback on if people would commit to a subscription and how much they would be willing to pay per month for it. As also noted last night, the monthly subscription price would include 11 out of 12 Pay Per View events (WrestleMania would remain a one price only event) along with new content.

More details are expected on 2/28 during the WWE conference call.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...etwork-pricing

What is the freaking deal with this NETWORK , either give up or go ahead with it and see the outcome
    Last edited by claud3; 02-10-2013 at 19:58.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I've seen TNA commercials during raw doesn't appear WWE see's them as a threat if they allow that during raw

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran

I guess we will find out this year on how well they succeed in this On the road tour

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    It can go one of two ways for TNA this is the start to bigger things or the beginning of the end

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran

will this be the time WWE actually might go down the road for a BUYOUT of TNA

When the WWE bought WCW after they were just too weak

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I don't know if I would actually want to see any TNA guys in the WWE the last guy I remember was that one dude the alhpa male and that didn't last long

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite
    I don't know if I would actually want to see any TNA guys in the WWE the last guy I remember was that one dude the alhpa male and that didn't last long
    They had big plans for him though.

Vance Archer also came from TNA where he was Lance Hoyt, I think that was the last TNA signee.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I remember at the time they did but was there for 3 months then disappeared

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I would like to see Samoa Joe in WWE, but it seems pointless in the long run as I'm sure they'd demote him soon after he debuted, as they'd have nothing for him whilst maintain the dominance of the regular status quo.

I'm always quite amazed at how athletic he is for a large guy

Thread Information