View Poll Results: Which show is better, Raw or Smackdown?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw

30 69.77%
  • Smackdown

13 30.23%
Page 570 of 659 FirstFirst ... 560570580 ... LastLast
Results 14,226 to 14,250 of 16453
    Super Elite
    I call BS on that report, they've probably had Undertaker vs Punk planned for months now, obviously they knew he was gonna lose at the RR to the Rock and his subsequent rematch beforehand.. And there is no way he's winning from Taker, so they had these big losses planned out well ahead of time. If they were really concerned with the damage they could've easily worked around it. It's called protective booking, Hogan had it all his career lol.

I'm not bashing you, Yuuichi, as you obviously didn't write that report, but it's likely one of those yearly rumors to stir up the "Undertaker may very well lose the streak this year" rumor.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    I call BS on that report, they've probably had Undertaker vs Punk planned for months now, obviously they knew he was gonna lose at the RR to the Rock and his subsequent rematch beforehand.. And there is no way he's winning from Taker, so they had these big losses planned out well ahead of time. If they were really concerned with the damage they could've easily worked around it. It's called protective booking, Hogan had it all his career lol.

I'm not bashing you, Yuuichi, as you obviously didn't write that report, but it's likely one of those yearly rumors to stir up the "Undertaker may very well lose the streak this year" rumor.
    Haha I know you're not. The report likely holds no meaning but I mean if not punk what Taker loses to Cena next year? We will see but I do not see Taker losing ever.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Elite
    Undertaker has stated in the past he wants the streak to end. I kinda understand him because honestly, the streak has gotten bigger than him. Whenever people talk about his greatest matches it's always his WM matches, most people only remember his streak. (unfortunately).

I don't see the streak ending though. It was supposed to end against King Kong Bundy (ending before starting right?) but thanks to Bundy we still have the streak. I'm also pretty sure Orton or Batista was offered/chosen by Taker to end the streak but out of respect they declined.

Triple H also has said the streak is legendary and he doesn't want to see it end. If John Cena ended it it would be a crime commited against the wrestling business. I think it could even kill off a part of the WWE audience and I mean that.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    Undertaker has stated in the past he wants the streak to end. I kinda understand him because honestly, the streak has gotten bigger than him. Whenever people talk about his greatest matches it's always his WM matches, most people only remember his streak. (unfortunately).

I don't see the streak ending though. It was supposed to end against King Kong Bundy (ending before starting right?) but thanks to Bundy we still have the streak. I'm also pretty sure Orton or Batista was offered/chosen by Taker to end the streak but out of respect they declined.

Triple H also has said the streak is legendary and he doesn't want to see it end. If John Cena ended it it would be a crime commited against the wrestling business. I think it could even kill off a part of the WWE audience and I mean that.
    I believe Kane was once the person that Undertaker wanted to end his streak, and I suppose that some years ago (or maybe even now because of story) he seems the most relevant person, but apparently Kane also turned it down.

I'm in agreement that Cena ending the streak could most possibly do more harm than any good at all. I would think that the kid fans would still be behind him, no matter what, but surely some of the more "mature" fans who are Cena fans would be against the idea - that's what I'd like to think.

With all this being said, I'd concur and conclude that the streak should remain intact and there isn't really anyone who could or should justifiably end the streak, since it's synonymous with the Undertaker and has a legacy of its own.
    If next year is indeed his last match, and he still wins (that's what I'm hoping for), I'm sure they know that it has to be a hell of a match; basically on the same level as his match with Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 25.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If punk loses he needs to go away for a couple months so people can forget about the 3 str8 losses in PPV's i think

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    report means nothing, since it's a given that TAKER will win at WM29. The article makes no sense, the creative team never worried about cena when he had the worse year ever
    Last edited by claud3; 02-27-2013 at 21:00.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    The streak is one of the very few thinga still of value in the wee. The title got credit back from beings cenas title to am actual one when punk held it. Now it seems to be returning to hot potato cena. If cena ended the streak i would never watch wwe ever again. That is a spit in the face. Id rather rock ended it.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    They know and we all know, how valuable the streak is and the WWE would be committing company suicide if they ended it

And even I feel the wrestlers do not want it to end even.. it's a legacy unto itself

Their is no one in the WWE now that deserves to end the streak, HBK and HHH and the ROCK and STONE COLD. Would be the only wrestlers that could get away with ending the streak

The wrestlers now would be hated forever if they ended it... Even CENA does not deserve the privilege of ending the streak
    Last edited by claud3; 02-27-2013 at 21:29.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    They know and we all know, how valuable the streak is and the WWE would be committing company suicide if they ended it

And even I feel the wrestlers do not want it to end even.. it's a legacy unto itself

Their is no one in the WWE now that deserves to end the streak, HBK and HHH and the ROCK and STONE COLD. Would be the only wrestlers that could get away with ending the streak

The wrestlers now would be hated forever if they ended it... Even CENA does not deserve the privilege of ending the streak
    Can you explain how it would be company suicide? Molo and me seem to agree that it would turn away part of their audience, but kill the company? The streak? I don't think anything can kill WWE at this point.

And about the wrestler ending the streak being hated forever.. well yeah that'd kinda be the point of letting someone end the streak. You'd get a main event level heel out of it for the rest of their carreer.
    There's alot of factors involved though in finding the right person to end the streak (imo the streak ending ship sailed long ago anyway). You need a reliable worker, preferably someone who isn't injury-prone, someone with charisma/who can connect with the crowd, someone under a long term contract (Sheamus/Orton type contracts) etc..
    Plus it would take years of strong booking to get a wrestler over enough to battle Taker and look like a legit threat, but with WWE's current creative team that's next to inmpossible. I personally thought Wade Barrett would've been a great opponent for Taker at WM27 until they ruined Nexus and buried his character beyond repair.

Back in 2007 Ken Kennedy looked to be "the guy" unfortunately for him he was injury prone and looking at how he does in TNA I'm sure we are all glad that didn't work out.

Miqo'te Bard
    As much as i hate orton back when he was "the legend killer" ending the streak would have been best.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Sorry to side-step here, but just whipped out the VHS of the first Raw Is War I recorded back in '99.

Twitter tweet.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Guys I Just believe it would be company suicide if the streak was ended, particular on the fans leaving and I mean the loyal fans, they do never want it to end

It is a legacy unto it's self as I stated and it is a business maker for the WWE... I would never feel right for a current wrestler to end the streak.... it would have to be a legend wrestler to end It...

Its more iconic and legendary that way. Rather than oh taker is old and lost because he has no more life in the business anymore, it would destroy him if it was not a legend that ended the streak

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I was a HUGE Legend killer orton fan I still have the shirt lol!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I was a HUGE Legend killer orton fan I still have the shirt lol!
    It was the only time I really liked Orton. Ironice he was on drugs the entire time and when he went off he became mediocre in ring and horrible mic skills. He needs to be a heel not a face.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Orton was awesome back then, he is a I do not give a $#@! kind of guy now and that is a shame

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Orton needs a CM Punk or Cena fued where he comes out on top

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Orton needs a CM Punk or Cena fued where he comes out on top
    Orton needs skills more than a fued at this point. IF he can preform like a true A list should then he needs to start showing it. Till then a CM Punk feud would have Punk walk all over him promo wise and in ring style wise. A cena fued would be like watching paint dry only with a less satisfying outcome.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    He has the skills he needs to be pushed by someone like a punk or cena I think

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I agree with Yuuichi. If Orton were to have a feud with Punk, Punk would completely own him with promos. Even if the creative team have great lines for him, he would have to step up incredibly to deliver them.
    Pretty much since Punk has been in the WWE title picture, all of his promos have been pretty realistic-ish and personal comments, and all of his opponents have to have similar comments to pass back - Cena, Triple H, Kevin Nash, Rock; he's had some personal gripes with all of them, and most of the promos have been good to great.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Orton feuding with Mid carders he's neveer gonna be pushed to be better. Punk makes cena better as well as when he was doing promos with the rock

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Orton needs to go back to his roots and re-explore them all over again

he needs a huge feud with either punk, cena, y2j or brock

this will put him in main events and bring within the title race once again

and he will be loved by fans and respected again

Super Elite
    Orton mediocre in the ring? I disagree, am I the only one who remembers his epic matches with Christian in the summer of 2011? Or what about his matches with Mark Henry? Henry ain't the best in the ring but Orton got an entertaining match out of him. I also think his terrible mic skills are blown out of proportion. I thought he cut some great promo's in 2009 when he was fueding with HHH..
    He isn't given alot of mic time nowadays so it's hard to judge if he really is that bad imo.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    They need to do something with him. They need an awesome feud with someone and make it a long feud

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Even been to a Live WWE event Orton gets a lot of love and huge pops all the time.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    he did when i went to the smackdown live event... He is loved but by the kids more than us older fans... We want more out of him

I respect orton and thinks is is awesome, but he needs that special feud or

Thread Information