Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Which show is better, Raw or Smackdown?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw

30 69.77%
  • Smackdown

13 30.23%
Page 571 of 656 FirstFirst ... 561571581 ... LastLast
Results 14,251 to 14,275 of 16387
    Super Elite

Ugh.. I'm hating this current "Road To Redemption" storyline that's going on with Cena. Is anyone actually buying that BS? How many times will WWE try to pass him off as the ultimate underdog?

They themselves will try to sell you this story on how he's lost so many times the last year thus making him the underdog.
    However 2 weeks after WM 28 last year on Raw, Cena said this after someone threw the Rock loss in his face: "Wins and losses at Wrestlemania don't matter." In essence, he buried the Undertaker's streak, Eddie's title defense against Kurt, Hogan's big wins, Austin's WM 17 heel turn victory , etc. All of that just so he can try to undercut the Rock's win last year and didn't want to face the heat. That's John Cena. That's the worst in the business, folks. Proves it week in and week out.

This is an example of why people $#@!ing despise Cena. He refuses to sell feuds (and matches, for that matter) in a manner that would put him in a situation where he looks the slightest bit weak. There's no reason to have any sort of interest in him. Some may say that "well this is just the Cena character." Well then that character is retarded and shouldn't exist.

As I've said before, his character is a $#@!ing black hole because nothing ever gets to him.. he just floats throughout his kayfabe life without a care in the world.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If the WWE want a character to grow in the ring and outside the ring and for the fans to equally hate him or like him... The WWE has done this in the past and the fans love it

CENA is this guy that writes the underdog story to death and he is still for all he has achieved over the years he has been in the WWE... Still thinks he is the underdog and needs pushed by others and to be better than what he is

It's the WWE as well that are not seeing this whole bigger picture that the fans see and that is cena as had his underdog story for 11 years now and needs to make a new set of said stories with new talent

And let CENA go or make him into a fresh character or just keep on with this BS and watch his soul be destroyed by us and make us hate him even more
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Here is Rock's thought's on why he chose CENA for his comeback

IGN.com and Matt Fowler interviewed The Rock to talk about the long-term plans of working with John Cena and his new TV show The Hero. Here are some highlights:

The Rock on his long-term plans with John Cena:

"You have to understand that my return back into the WWE was years in the making. And since I've been back, it's been a three year-long journey that started at WrestleMania 27 in Atlanta. So, John has always been my first choice (to work with)."

The Rock

on how he wanted to work with someone he could do big business with: "Here's the thing. The question was that if I was going to go back in the WWE, how could I go back and make the most impact? With who can I headline WrestleMania in that company and make the most impact? And the bottom line is that it continues to be John Cena. Just in terms of, and we'll use a Hollywood term here, box office appeal. Universal appeal. Athletic pairing. So there are a lot of reasons."

The Rock

on how he wants to give back to the business and help elevate Cena: "What I'm talking about is being able to go back to the

WWE
    and give back to the business, which is in my blood and has allowed me a platform to perform which then, 12 years ago, allowed me to make he transition to Hollywood. So the scenario I've dreamed of is that I'm able to go back, become WWE champion, go into the what is considered the biggest marketplace in the world, which is the New York City area, at MetLife Stadium and headline

WrestleMania
    as champion and give back to the business, the fans, the company, and their number one hero. So I couldn't have asked for a better scenario and we're going to have a blast."The Rock's thoughts on his match with Cena at Wrestlemania 29: "I think we're going to have a great match and my hope is that it's going to be a classic."
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...ohn-cena-again

The bold text, now in what degree is he going to elevate CENA. CENA has been elevated to the highest spot in the WWE and that is main event and word title status

How higher can the ROCK take him
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I guess the rock is trying to legitimize Cena without saying it flat out

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    for what... Cena has achieved so freaking much in such a short time. and yet more from this underdog story crap

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Because he is not seen currently as top guy like the rock or stone cold

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    In the end tho, because of how they book Cena and partially because Cena has a big ego, Cena will not be seen as anything special in ring just the symbol for a dark age of wrestling. Sure he has held the title 13 or so times, but if you break it down that means he was given the title 1-2 a year as he didn't start getting title till I think 2005. which does not hold a candle to flairs 13 time as that was over the course of years. Save a few matches, overall he is a yes man puppet and most of his matches are the same thing over and over.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

8. Likes Tven likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    It's just a streak. People will get over it. And saying it's "company suicide" is ridiculous. Yes, there's going to be many fans upset, but it's not like they're going to stop seeing the show or attending it. The streak is going to end, maybe this year or next year. But it will defiantly end. Unless The Undertaker wants to retire (which he should already) most likely, the streak will stay alive for one more match. I think the most impressive streak than Undertakers WM, is Goldberg's undefeated 173-0 streak. Which is one that will never be beaten.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Super Elite

Only claud said it'd be company suicide lol. Molo and I thought it would turn away a part of the crowd (older fans, not all old fans though of course).

And yeah I suppose that Goldberg streak is impressive, but Undertaker has had a legitimate 20 wins starting in 1991 (I think) while Goldberg's reign never actually got to 173-0 thus making it less impressive.

And since it's a slow day here in the wrestling thread, here's a nice read I found a couple weeks ago but forgot to post:

Former WWE writer Matt McCarthy, who last worked for WWE in 2012, revealed interesting insight on working behind-the-scenes in WWE, working with Vince McMahon, the demands placed on the Creative Team, and other topics in an interview on the "Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin Show" podcast.

McCarthy said he was not privy to direct meetings with McMahon about future WrestleMania plans, but the word from other writers last year around WrestleMania 28 time is that McMahon already had in-mind what he wanted to do at WM30.

"I'm sure Vince knows what he would want to at WrestleMania 50 whether he's around to see it or not," McCarthy said. "From the writers standpoint, we try desperately to write out as far as out we can, and try to stick it as much as we can, and God knows the wrestlers would want us to. But, it's the nature of what that show is and what that business is that makes it very, very difficult."

McCarthy cited what almost every WWE writer has experienced - the best-laid plans are often changed and changed again.

"You try to map out an entire grid of they're going to fight here this week, then next week this is going to happen, and that's going to lead to a PPV match. But, after the PPV, this is going to happen and that is going to happen (sigh), and it always changes every week," McCarthy said. "You try really, really hard - it's almost like predicting the weather. The further out it is, the less likely you're going to be right that it's going to happen."

Everything points back to McMahon, who McCarthy labeled a "genius" at multiple points in the interview, but said "dealing with him is very difficult." He said McMahon's "genius" personality makes him "not like the rest of us," which means McMahon often-times can't understand why other people don't think like him.

One example of what McCarthy labeled "genius" was McMahon's ability to manipulate a crowd during a tag match.

"It's a small, simple little thing, but as a performer, it completely blew my mind," McCarthy said. "The bad guy was just beating up the good guy in the ring for this tag match and I hear Vince scream into the headset, 'Somebody put on a hold! Somebody put a hold on 'em! These people are dead!' And I'm like, 'What is he talking about?' Then, immediately, the bad guy puts the good guy in the headlock and they're just down on the mat. Like clockwork, the audience starts clapping and cheering; they're rooting for the good guy to get out of this hold.

"This guy (McMahon) is just sitting back here watching this on TV and he is genius at working the audience and getting them to do exactly what he wants them to do."

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Shiggity I forgot it was throwback monday lmao...

My gf and I were saying I'm sure undertaker will be there and he opens the show let's see where this goes lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Awww sshhiieettt throwback king!!!

Wtf taker came out and nothing now cm punk? Hmmmm lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Its official....taker and Punk wm29

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU

Professional Wrestling Corner - Where wrestling fans come to lay the smack down

Orton????

Now big show they are gonna fight over who's gonna fight the undertaker? Lol
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 03-05-2013 at 01:12.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU

Professional Wrestling Corner - Where wrestling fans come to lay the smack down

Now its this Fella!!!! Lmao

Of course fatal 4 way winner takes on taker.....this should be good
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 03-05-2013 at 01:15.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Henry and Ryback? This can be interesting lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Fandango looks sooooooooo stupid

Veteran
    The oldschool ring looks sweet

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    Fandango looks sooooooooo stupid
    Yea bro I don't facking get it. My gf goes isn't that the movie app? Lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    I'm so mad I missed the beginning again. TAker came out?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    It was like 15 seconds long you didn't miss anything lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Did the lights go off and stuff when Taker came out?

Veteran
    I'm definitely hype for this Rock/Cena saga

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    They went out he walked to the front of the raw sign and then put his arms up then they hit the video intro to raw...

God that was just boring....cena sucks

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Thank you cm punk for ending that 90th b day cake bs! Your my hero lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Thank you cm punk for ending that 90th b day cake bs! Your my hero lmao
    "What are you going to do about it, woman?"

Thread Information