Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Which show is better, Raw or Smackdown?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw

30 69.77%
  • Smackdown

13 30.23%
Page 578 of 656 FirstFirst ... 568578588 ... LastLast
Results 14,426 to 14,450 of 16385
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I agree, with all said here

What the WWE needs to do is look themselves in the MIRROR and they need to reshape the wrestlers in away that we all benefit
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Da $#@!, PWI insider reports Punk may be taking time off after WM.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Maybe to do with the heat behind closed doors over the feud with TAKER or he is recovering still... He is off weekend events and that is a result to a small injury
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Da $#@!, PWI insider reports Punk may be taking time off after WM.
    After punk. Loses his 3rd ppv in a row yes he needs to go away for a couple months I hate it but it needs to happen especially if he loses to taker

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    He will be of after WM because of nagging injuries he has and the WWE has stated that he has carried the company so well over the years that they want to keep him fresh and ready for the next stage of his run in the WWE

So that means more title regains and other things

Elite Member
    @DeviousOne

- As noted, CM Punk has been pulled from the rest of the live events leading up to WrestleMania 29 so he can heal up and be fresh for the big match against The Undertaker. Punk is still scheduled for all RAW TV shows and is still advertised for WWE’s European tour the week after WrestleMania.

However, word now is that Punk may not be working most live events here in the United States once WrestleMania is over, leaving John Cena to once again be the top draw for RAW live events. Punk not working live events after WrestleMania is expected to be for the short term.

With Punk taking time off, there’s a feeling that he has helped carry the company for a while now and WWE needs to protect their investment.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    You see it seems like a smart move for the WWE on their part, but it will suffer in terms of sales since punk is a massive draw

But it is a fitting for punk, means healing time and relaxing time and more time to build up more feuds

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I think they just ruined him over the past few PPV's makes him look weak losing 3 big matches in a row

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    So true

Here is a strange promo from BRIAN KENDRICK

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    From wrestling observer magazine

We noted before how Vince McMahon has been more hands-on backstage at RAW with Eric Pankowski gone. Vince is said to have been really on his game the past two weeks and was described as being like the Vince of old – revitalized and healthy. - As noted before, WWE is hiring for a new Vice President of WWE Kids Entertainment. They want someone who has worked in children’s programming for at least ten years and is into kids pop culture and current trends.
    WWE is planning a specific initiative to gear up to promote their product harder with kids and families. Specifically, they are looking at new ideas and initiatives to make the WWE brand stronger with mothers and their children.

$#@! you WWE. I know I will not be watching while Punk is away and if he comes back and it is a product for kids I am done.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Member
    I doubt its anything to do with Kids there trying make there product appeal to younder kids & mothers as its Entertainment as a whole! maybe cause WWE sees it only grabs the attention of the male's an not so much of female's or trying to push there merchandise ect out there towards them. i know we all hate the whole PG system but there nothing we can do about it, WWE looks on both sides really with younger & older audience meaning there's something for everybody. i think this is what they trying to push out there.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Yes we all see that... But the loyal fans are the one's paying the most for this KID PRODUCT and i see it effect that key fan base

Miqo'te Bard
    I biggest way for them to get females is so obvious but it is what Vince doesn't want and that's push the Divas division.

Elite Member
    As long as the divas get 2-3 mins air time then there wont be any issues i think WWE isnt being sexist or anything but it is a joke of a division the divas seem to be there just to show. i mean are the divas really athletes or just there to show sex appeal? well since Eve, Beth, McCool, Maryse, Maria all left i hear there's talk of a diva search! but what would it mean? money/fame thats what diva search is really.

NXT has divas, Paige is an eye catcher she never wanted to be a wrestler but it turned out well for her she has experience, i dont see why she isnt on the main roster yet? an Naomi was athletic when it was an all diva NXT she was good but shes dancing about with brodus clay :/ what a waste. i saw protental.

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    As long as the divas get 2-3 mins air time then there wont be any issues i think WWE isnt being sexist or anything but it is a joke of a division the divas seem to be there just to show. i mean are the divas really athletes or just there to show sex appeal? well since Eve, Beth, McCool, Maryse, Maria all left i hear there's talk of a diva search! but what would it mean? money/fame thats what diva search is really.

NXT has divas, Paige is an eye catcher she never wanted to be a wrestler but it turned out well for her she has experience, i dont see why she isnt on the main roster yet? an Naomi was athletic when it was an all diva NXT she was good but shes dancing about with brodus clay :/ what a waste. i saw protental.
    They plan to put Page to main roster after WM. Yes Naomi is a waste as a dancer. I mean recall the golden diva days of Trish, Tara, Mickie, they all preformed show stoping matching with Trish and Tara even having some hardcore matches(I think a cage one to). But now they turned it into eye candy. Kaitlyn and Tamina have the talent so does Nataliya(but we see where she is). Vince does not want golden Divas day back for some reasons. Sad but true.

TNA had an awesome Women division but they KILLED it.

Elite Member
    Well if Vince doesnt want things to happen to the division then no point us giving it much thought!! i can see why the divas are leaving sooner rather than later, same problem when gail kim left! Kharma looks to be a real wrestler not so called Diva! lol she prob boost the division but theres no bringing her in is there?

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Well if Vince doesnt want things to happen to the division then no point us giving it much thought!! i can see why the divas are leaving sooner rather than later, same problem when gail kim left! Kharma looks to be a real wrestler not so called Diva! lol she prob boost the division but theres no bringing her in is there?
    They just renewed the licenses for her name so who knows.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    They just renewed the licenses for her name so who knows.
    That a bit of news then, so after WM29 for hopes lol

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Vince needs to figure something out... Triple H is making moves backstage big time, he has replaced the top writer with a new top guy and this has caused some too think that HHH is going to clean house for the new direction he see's when he takes over

Onto the DIVA'S i respect that they wrestle and all that, but they are boring on the shows, i do not know what to think off them and how to make me more interested in watching them once or all the time... I just see them as show fillers and that is all, just like some matches the WWE throws together to fill time

Triple H is going to be a part time wrestler and full time BOSS behind the curtain and this seems to work in his and the wrestlers favor in ways that he can expand the knowledge the wrestlers gets from wrestling on the shows and how to work the MIC and segments and promo's..

Triple H is trying to go old school again in the sense of letting the wrestlers work the MIC their own way so that the writers do not write the scripts for them... He has them do BULLET-POINTS type set up, this worked in the past and this is how the WWE developed the likes of the ROCK, AUSTIN, TAKER, KANE etc....

This is what is missing and the freedom to go on your own and hopefully make it pay of with the FANS is what the wrestlers want and this makes more sense than having them read a script and wait for the que for another wrestler to answer or read from his script..

I see this being the future old norm and it would be excellent to see how wrestlers response to this approach and we will tell who has the MIC skills to think on their feet and the others that needs a script... HHH has the right approach to this and i really hope it works..

Because if it worked for past wrestlers, i do not see it being a problem now... The only problem is kids and parents , the wrestlers can have all the freedom they want and that is great but this is also a problem aka PUNK is a wrestler that the WWE lets be creative as much as possible and yet he seems to now how to hit buttons and get away with it

I do not see this being so welcomed to other wrestlers in the future, because the freedom to be creative will have rules and lines you should not pass and that means swears and taboo's that can not be touched upon anymore, unlike back in the day were the wrestlers were free to go nuts and the HELL with everyone

Since this is a kid based company now, the wrestlers only have a limited freedom on a lot off things... I might be wrong and the WWE will go back to what made them great and stand out among the others... But i will have to wait and see what they have after this WM, because since HHH is making changes behind the curtain and VINCE is all on board with some of his choices

I know and we all know VINCE has the last word on his baby and the WWE will function under VINCE when HHH takes over, it will be still in his name and he will still make a $#@! oad of money from the product

The network is another sore issue with me and others, because it is causing an insane amount to get up and running and it will cause us a $#@! load to be entertained by the WWE all the time 24/7 ... Also only a selection of PPV's will be showing on the network and all the brand shows will be shown, but their is a massive problem there

The WWE is under contract with certain current networks and they will have to pay a fair amount of money to either stay or leave the networks and move to their own... This means even more ADVERTS for us to watch, so the WWE can pay the rights to keep the network and all that come with it

It will not be cheap on a yearly bases watching it... I do not know how the WWE is going to fully fund this venture and will it be successful or fail like the XFL... Only time will tell, i want to see the network grow and expand the brand all over the world more.... But we are the one's that have to push more money to make this happen and i do not see many having the funds to do this so early in the networks growth

So the WWE will have to do what they have been doing and rely on sales at the LIVE events, shop etc.... The film sector of the company seems to be on it's last legs this year, because of the poor profit ever since they ventured into movies years ago and that is due to really awful stories and bad acting...

The music it seems to be doing a hell of a lot better than many thought and that is due to the download app's and ITUNES and other services they use... The online services the WWE us are working out far better and that is a plus and i like to see that...

The APP'S they have coming out are great and fun for all... But they need to expand and make these more interactive for all, But the only problem with all i have said is that the WWE needs to focus more on the wrestling and less on the stuff that means really nothing to me and many

We watch the WWE for one reason and it is for the one thing we love and that is actual wrestling and were has that gone and when will it be back... I miss the times i turn on the tv and all i see is pure wrestling from start to finish and now it is only taking up not even an half an hour of the show, it is all talk

I want wrestling back more and instead of less
    Last edited by claud3; 03-21-2013 at 22:21.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    WrestleMania match graphic for the match between Triple H and Brock Lesnar.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Looks $#@!

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    It's a pisstake. I didn't make it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Ok i was assuming it was real and man if it was... I would be pissing all over it right now and LAUGHING

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Might as well be real, as we all know that's how it's going to go down.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    man you could be right.. Hoping not

Here is the shareholder news from the WWE for 2012

WWE has released their 2012 Annual Report ahead of the shareholders meeting on April 26th. Vince McMahon has a letter in the report where he reviewed the past year and looks ahead to this year, saying that the company is moving ahead with the WWE Network because there is "desire for more WWE content...With respect to a potential domestic

WWENetwork, given the size and passion of our fan base and given extensive fan research, we view the premium subscription model, whether through traditional or 'over-the-top' distribution, as the best approach to capitalize on our fans's commitment to our brands."

McMahon predicts that earnings in 2013 will be flat compared to 2012 due to additional expense to prep the
    WWE Netowrk launch, but noted that the company believes they are "working to take advantage of signi?cant opportunities, which we believe outweigh our near-term challenges." He also notes "several important areas" that the company will be investing in, including:

* Building production capacity and creative capabilities
    * Enhancing digital and social media platforms such as the
    WWE App
    * Building upon "the range of our talent"
    * Strenghtening brand perception, such as
    John Cena's partnership with the Susan G. Komen organization

He concluded, "The anticipated expiration of key commercial agreements over the next few years, particularly programming agreements, across the U.S. and major markets, provides a compelling opportunity to optimize the value of our content and products. Based on the tremendous strength of our

brands and the rising value of content, we believe we are extremely well positioned to turn these opportunities into a reality. Additionally, we expect our growth will be enhanced by our product innovation, including the launch of new digital, mobile and video game products, as well as the cultivation of emerging markets, continued use of social media and creative marketing to engage our fans, and by our continued focus on the development of our Superstar talent."
    http://ir.corporate.wwe.com/Cache/16...=9&iid=4121687

I looked at it and the WWE is doing really really well... This year on the other hand is flat as it is noted in the quote there...

So i guess time will tell if it picks up and we will know next year
    Last edited by claud3; 03-22-2013 at 00:54.

Thread Information