Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Which show is better, Raw or Smackdown?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw

30 69.77%
  • Smackdown

13 30.23%
Page 593 of 655 FirstFirst ... 583593603 ... LastLast
Results 14,801 to 14,825 of 16354
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Yeah Rock sucks in the ring nowadays but he is always entertaining on the mic. The only people with any personality that don't look just awfully uncomfortable in front of a crowd are Punk, Rock, Shield, Taker, and Ziggler. 2 of those are out injured, and 1 is almost 50 and busy putting another over.

I have high hopes for Fandango though haha.

Btw, is Miz injured?
    No idea, but I am quite delighted that he hasn't been on TV since he lost the IC title again. His character annoys the hell out of me.

Raw was pretty ****e. After Triple H apparently sent out a tweet before Raw last night saying "R u ready?" (or something), I was expecting both Lesnar and Triple H to be on the show. I was expecting the two of them to square up and then have the New Age Outlaws come out and back up Triple H, since Lesnar took them out the other month. I was disappointed when they said they were going to address it next, and then just aired a promo. Rubbish!

I'm still very annoyed about the use of Cesaro. A tiny bit of saving grace is that he had a long-ish match with Del Rio on Raw before eventually and inevitably losing, rather than a quick 3 minute match.
    I still stand by what I said previously that he looks a hell of an athlete, and I do believe he could be a great heel. Sucks.

The Shield seem to be getting better and better each week. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I actually like the Miz haha.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ill be taking a break from watching raw.....ill just keep up with the news

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Salvator Mundi
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Ill be taking a break from watching raw.....ill just keep up with the news
    To be honest that is what I've been doing for the last year or so, and even then I'm only catching up to see what Punk got up to. Just lost interest in the product

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gersfc87

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Sadly, i will not be following wwe any further, despite the fact that i recently started watching again after a break of...years. I use to buy powerslam for all the behind the curtain news, so i think i will be doing that again so i can keep up without watching the actual product. It really is quite bad. Some of the mic work is horrendous...i am shocked some of the ringwork actually passes as entertainment. .. Sad times.
    Anybody remember pro wrestling illustrated? Ahh..memories...
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    I think the storyline that has me the most intrigued right now is CM Punk and what he will do when he returns. I suspect a match will be built between Punk and Austin (his last match) for Wrestlemania 30.

8 years and counting!

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Might as well add me to the list who will just keep up on news. Hopefully I will read "Vince Retires as CEO" soon. It just baffels me how a man could make such a good product, can turn that same product to pure ****. This is why we need competition. To bad Dixie messed that up by bringing in Hogan and *****off.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

YouTube Editor
    TNA continues to grow, but unfortunately not at a rate we would like to see. I predict within 4-5 years the WWE will have some solid competition on their hands, finally! Perhaps then they will realize it may be a bit more entertaining to have an actual wrestling match instead of a dance competition involving a man that can barely walk, let alone entertain an audience.

Where did the WWE go downhill? That is very open for debate. Some say when Cena rose to power, but I don't exactly feel the same way. When Cena first started getting over I truly enjoyed his persona/character. I loved how he ripped every guy in the locker room with his rhymes, and how he truly played the part of a "thug", but more importantly he wasn't "super human", at least not yet. If I had to pinpoint the exact moment the WWE spiralled out of control it would be the release of Ken Anderson, and the botched storyline of a 3rd McMahon child. That would of been huge! Instead the WWE released the future of the company, and for what?

8 years and counting!

9. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    IMO TNA is much better. WWE no longer has interesting characters and story lines. CM Punk plays a good heel but aside from him the WWE locker room is filled with dull generic wrestlers. And the fighting coreography has gotten pretty bad too. Nowadays I dont even watch all of RAW and none of Smackdown. But I do watch all of Impact and find it to be alot more enjoyable. WWE has lost all its good wrestlers to TNA and to retirement.

11. Likes claud3 likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    There are still very skilled guys in the locker room:

Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, and the list goes on. The biggest problem is ****ty booking. These guys rarely get an opportunity to showcase their wrestling abilities, and when they do they are either cut short, or have to follow a stupid gimmicky end to an otherwise great match.

Also most people would say the PG era is what killed the WWE, though I agree to a certain extent I truly think an even PG rated wrestling product can work, if done correctly. It has been YEARS since there was an even semi believable storyline in the WWE. The match with Jericho and Fandango at WM was setup because Jericho mispronounced his name. That is what starts a feud? Give me a break! I want something that is compelling, feel real, and is believable. Remember when HHH and Orton had their feud and HHH attacked Orton in his own home (and threw him through a window)? That was a nice addition to a growing feud, which all started from Orton becoming a popular superstar outside of his faction Evolution. HHH's jealousy lead to his hate for Orton, and the fact he did what he couldn't at the time and that was capture WWE gold. A great storyline, and one that had meaning, purpose, and most of all heart.

MY MAIN beef with the WWE is poor booking, and lackluster storylines. These all stem from one thing, too many PPV's. If this were cut down it would allow more creative building of matches, and characters. In my opinion with less PPV's on the calendar, all of the WWE's main issues would be resolved.

8 years and counting!

Elite Member
    Guys Guys Guys

The issue with WWE is PG, but not just that, WWE takes to much time in promoting charity's an other promotions they are just endless, the buisness alone is focused outside of the buisness an not to much in, this is why it sucks as it does today,WWE as we see it today goes to show its just an Entertainment show! just take this weeks RAW show for example when it started with Cena & Make a Wish Foundation! WWE doesnt focus on storylines, feuds that much anymore they just seem to write whatever an put on a show. so everyone can enjoy it basically.

1 other point, HHH suppose to push the Tag division back in! Where is it? HHH suppose to have brought the cruiserweight Division back! Where is it? HHH suppose to find the new big star to push the product e.g like Cena has! where is he? HHH suppose to have done all these things but it hasnt moved an inch' yet alone i dont see anyone being above Cena atm like he done the past 10 years!

14. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I agree that WWE seems to focus much of its attention to other causes now rather than their own product. Everything is about making money and marketing these days, that much is evident with the use of the previous WWE (spinner) championship constantly being on TV and public appearances with whoever the champion was at the time, and the new WWE championship belt. The fact that the WWE logo is plastered all over it, so clearly and evidently, will get the company all the exposure it wants.
    I'd despise anyone who booed Cena during that Make A Wish segment on Raw because it was all for a good cause, but fans don't really tune in to watch charity work, as cold and heartless as that sounds.

I don't usually defend Triple H here, but I will to an extent.
    Since he basically "took over" most of the duties, the tag team division rose for a brief period and probably got more attention that it ever would have if Vince was still solely controlling everything. I don't know if it's just because Kane and Daniel Bryan are over with the crowd, or because they're popular names, as opposed to say Primo and Epico (previous champions), but we see them on a regular basis, and that probably wouldn't have happened if Vince was in sole control. It would appear now that Kane and Daniel Bryan will be losing the title to The Shield, so another good working set of guys will get their hands on the Tag Team titles.

In terms of the Cruiserweight division, I can't say anything there. It seems that that never even got off the ground as we never saw any development in that department at all. However, they've got Rey Mysterio and Evan Bourne injured, so maybe we might have seen something if those guys weren't banged up. But I bet it sticks in Triple H's craw a little that Sin Cara has pretty much been a flop since he was brought in, as H handpicked him.

And in terms of pushing someone new to the top of the mountain, I feel that they have tried to do that with Sheamus but it just hasn't worked. When Sheamus was World Champion, he was doing everything all the time and having bloody long matches pretty much every week; in my opinion, these matches were good! But in terms of connecting with the audience, he probably got really over with the kids, and still is, but I never bought into him. That's most probably because of the character they're trying to push out, but I found myself really appreciating his ring work and effort; I actually thought that he and Big Show has some great matches!
    However, it since seems that he has failed as he is doing silly things right now with Mark Henry, like a tug of war contest and a arm wrestling contest [on Smackdown this week]. Maybe he and Mark Henry will have a decent match when they finally have it, and all these things they're doing right now are just stupid things WWE are making them do since they're both powerhouses, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I really like Mark Henry since he's one of the old guys, but his matches aren't that entertaining. But I'm going to go back on what I just said and now say that Sheamus might very well be able to get a good match out of him, as I never thought the matches between him and Big Show would be anything great.
    So to wrap it up, since no one has appeared to have topped Cena, Cena is what we get. I'm still constantly wondering when the hell they're going to turn Randy Orton heel, as he was great the last time out and he might actually be propelled into the great picture once again when it happens. It's fair to say he's a nobody right now in front of the cameras.

16. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    You know a company is in trouble when mark henry is getting pushed. I like the guy himself, but seriously, they have pushed him on and off for years with various gimmicks (usually its the 'strongest man in the world' bollocks), and he just can't hack it. Anyone remember mark henry and may? (very old ex wwe performer, did segments for the company even at the age of 80+. Did a almost sickening segment(s) where they flirted and kissed).

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    That was funny, back when they pushed the envelope, but that was never something they could have pushed someone to the top over.
    I thought it was hilarious and a great throwback when they referenced The Hand on the 1000th Raw.

I think Henry's character, although not over with everyone, had some credibility when he was World Champion because he had a good run as opposed to losing it straight away like I thought they would do. The fact that he beat Sheamus multiple times added some backbone to his World's Strongest Man character and didn't make him look so weak. I think losing that Tug of War contest on Raw, however **** and stupid it was, made him look weak.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I think because he is limited, they throw him a bone every now and then. I wouldn`t like to see a total return to the days of meatheads...that **** gets boring....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

20. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Super Elite
    Do I live in a nice house with my GF or in my Moms basement? You decide!!
    Benoit murdering his family and himself nearly killed WWE, and that in my opinion is what made WWE turn into ****. (along with a couple other things of course) They got so much negative attention, backlash and critism from it that they really started being careful and very image conscious. That happened in 2007, and if you recall the product was still enjoyable around that time. Imo 2008 was still decent and 2009 was one of the worst years I ever witnessed.

Hiring failed Hollywood writers also hasn't done WWE any good. Sure, on paper it sounds easy and good. Write a storyline around good vs evil, done by Hollywood writers. The problem here is these Hollywood writers have no idea what does and doesn't work in the wrestling world, they havent followed the product and dont know these guys' characters.
    Though I shouldnt put all the blame on the writers. Vince is still the one okay'ing everything, he's ****ing stupid for letting 99% of the **** we see fly through.

Also, to the person slamming HHH because we havent seen enough tag/cruiser improvements; Triple H isn't in charge of the company. He can only pitch things, try to push things and try his best to get the good things get on air. I said this before but I am convinced HHH can turn the company around when he takes over. Just look at all the amazing talent he's signed in 2012, look at what he's doing with development. He has alot of pull there and NXT is honestly the best WWE show atm.

@justintheman; I gotta point out to you that you're comparing a midcard fued in 2013 (Fandango vs Jericho) with a main event fued in 2009 (HHH vs Orton). And while I agree the reason for the Jericho/Fandango fued was a bit stupid, in 2001 a fued between Kane and Jericho got started because Jericho spilled coffee on Kane.. So it really isn't just lazy 2013 writing lol.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Well the PPV for elimination chamber and RR are up from last year. Good news for Cm Punk. Hopefully they do not think it is all the Rock. He is a part yes but Cm Punk is as well. I hope extreme rules has the lowest PPV buy ever.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Well the PPV for elimination chamber and RR are up from last year. Good news for Cm Punk. Hopefully they do not think it is all the Rock. He is a part yes but Cm Punk is as well. I hope extreme rules has the lowest PPV buy ever.
    They'll credit the rock for that.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Miqo'te Bard
    Huluplus lets you watch the WWE so I may start watching NXT just to see if it has better stories than RAW. I know matches wont be good except for a few. They going to crown a womens champion to so interested to see that.

Supreme Veteran

Cena is killing the WWE, he is still getting pushed and going over wrestlers that have the talent and how far can they push Cena the milk feeder

Miqo'te Bard
    Punk has been pulled from shows past Summer, and WWE posted an article talking about his loses. Things do not look good right now. What started as a temp leave may be him parting ways. Hope not.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Punk has been pulled from shows past Summer, and WWE posted an article talking about his loses. Things do not look good right now. What started as a temp leave may be him parting ways. Hope not.
    Are you serious? If he leaves I'm seriously. Done with the product

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Are you serious? If he leaves I'm seriously. Done with the product
    Yep that is all i have been reading. Nothing about his contract tho and we know he had heat backstage before he left with the creative team. Sucks because there really is no other place to go. We will see.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    If they let punk leave then this shows me as a fan they dont give a **** about what WE want nor do they know how to build talent **** is not looking good!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    They will not allow Punk to leave. That's like the Baltimore Ravens letting Ray Lewis play for another team during his beast mode 17-year career. It just isn't going to happen. They'll find some middle ground and offer up some more money and/or better championship reigns. I can't see CM Punk not on WWE programming.

P.S - Molo! Got my "Big Eagle" Championship! Wanted to know if you ever installed a side plate before? I wanted to add the 6th plate to this belt that says "Property of WWF".

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Thread Information