View Poll Results: Which show is better, Raw or Smackdown?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raw

30 69.77%
  • Smackdown

13 30.23%
Page 601 of 659 FirstFirst ... 591601611 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,025 of 16452
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    if it wasn't for HHH talking over in some parts of the WWE an not becoming the new COO then maybe they wouldn't never of came back!! I think HHH is the reason behind some of these return's even Bruno Sammartino thing being inducted in to the HOF is HHH's doing not vince's
    I agree with the Bruno part, and Nash probably came back because of HHH, that was all HHH but some of the others? Doubtful. (he likely gave his blessing but I doubt he had much more to do with it) New Age Outlaws did 1 or 2 shoot interviews where they completely buried Triple H, Bret Hart has disliked HHH ever since his association with HBK, and Booker T was unhappy with the way his Summer '07 fued with HHH was handled.

Elite Member
    The only former WWE superstar people would really go bananas for if he came back is Kurt Angle.

No one cares about anyone else.

About Curtis Axel, god. . . I remember the days where superstars moved up through the ranks properly and were given a shot when they proved themselves, you know. . . the Edge's and Randy Orton's and I guess the even more recently, the Dolph Ziggler's and Miz's (I think he should be main event material now and not when he actually was). $#@! Curtis Axel, Cody Rhodes should have been in the world title picture back when he had that disfigured/beautiful gimmick.

And Ryback. . . ugh, push Antonio Cesaro.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

3. Likes $Greatness$ , 33x likes this post
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I just watched CM punks entrance from last night...that was a HUGE pop glad he's back.

Ziggler most like lost because he's injured I think its time for Orton to get into the title picture its been a LONG time.

WWE is doing what they do best so they are killing ryback and one day they will do the same with the shield
    The WWE did so well with Nexus until the end...

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManDancing View Post
    The only former WWE superstar people would really go bananas for if he came back is Kurt Angle.

About Curtis Axel, god. . . I remember the days where superstars moved up through the ranks properly and were given a shot when they proved themselves, you know. . . the Edge's and Randy Orton's and I guess the even more recently, the Dolph Ziggler's and Miz's (I think he should be main event material now and not when he actually was). $#@! Curtis Axel, Cody Rhodes should have been in the world title picture back when he had that disfigured/beautiful gimmick.

Completely agree with this.
    Although I'm happy RVD is back, I would hate for him to go straight into the title picture. I'm assuming he's going to be in a MITB match, and I hope that he doesn't win it, especially if Wade Barrett is in it. I believe he was set to win it last year (?) but obviously couldn't because he was injured. But yeah, I would be completely over the moon if it was Kurt Angle coming back. He recently said though on Stone Cold's podcast show that he reckons he's got about 4 years left in him, so I don't have much hope of him coming back for a full run, if anything.

Going onto Curtis Axel - I agree... The guy's not ready.
    I was thinking that they pushed Brock Lesnar way too fast, but in comparison, Brock Lesnar was an all-around great athlete, and he was actually over with the crowd when he won his first WWE title. Curtis Axel is not.
    I reckon Fandango was going to win the title had he not been injured, and there would have been some justification in that because he is really over with the crowd, even though it might have been too soon as well.

"push Antonio Cesaro" - I'm not going to argue with you one bit!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManDancing View Post

Im quoting this as this is all that needs to be said.

Only issue i have is with Miz being main event.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Elite Member
    Kurt Angle, the only issue with him is he loves TNA too much now, an WWE asked if he'd return with limited appearances like Brock Lesnar, The Rock, HHH & Y2J but he said that he's already doing that in TNA, so its never too late but he's happy in TNA!! only way he'll come back is if his contract comes to an end with TNA an hope there is a good reason to return to WWE.

Found out about RVD's contract -

Regarding Rob Van Dam’s return to WWE, he will be working a limited schedule and won’t be on the road full time. His contract is reportedly for the short term also.
    Last edited by nextgen3; 06-17-2013 at 18:57.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    My brother made this out of the PPV last night:

9. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    My brother made this out of the PPV last night:

How can that guy wear that!! that's over doing it.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Yeah, pretty bad. Surely they removed him!?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Manning View Post
    The WWE did so well with Nexus until the end...
    They RUINED nexus they made a HUGE impact and wwe $#@!ed that up!!!!

I'm just happy punk is back last nights entrance is proof this man is the face of the WWE!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    How can that guy wear that!! that's over doing it.
    Agreed that's disrespectful and tasteless.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Apprentice
    Mark Henry is the man!!

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Im quoting this as this is all that needs to be said.

Only issue i have is with Miz being main event.
    He's way better now than he was before. He's the only guy I see constantly improving and I think he'd make a decent WHC. Of course, he's still not Main Event Wrestlemania material.

Mark Henry is the man. It sucks it took WWE so long to let him be this bad ass,

William Regal, oh. . . William, you're still the man in my eyes.

And CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar? I'd watch that.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I KNEW lesnar was gonna come out after Punk told Heyman not to come out with him....so punk is getting a Face turn and so is Ziggy?

Looking forward to Brock and Punk! My two guys lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I haven't seen Payback, let alone Raw yet, so I'm not going to comment.

My brother showed this to me again and bloody hell, it's brilliant!

Now put aside the swearing, because WWE can't get away with that now with everything being PG (unless you are Triple H, then you can say "Crazy old bastard") but the passion and seriousness Triple H evokes here, it's brilliant! Although there's some truth to what he's saying, as in saying goodbye to his friends at Madison Square Garden and being the fall guy, if some of it is acting, he does it brilliantly!
    When Triple H got his break, he took the $#@!ing ball and ran with it. I can remember literally hating Triple H around this time and couldn't wait for him to lose the WWF Championship. When he lost to The Rock at Backlash 2000 I was literally and seriously jumping around shouting with joy. That just shows that Triple H did his job as a top heel. I know the guys today are pretty much spoon-fed what they have to say in their promos, but put some passion into it. Get over and connect with the fans. If you're a face, make them love you. If you're a heel (and this would be fun) make them hate you!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post

And also, $#@! HHH, i hate him so much, always have done and more so now. He is still the same $#@! $#@! who needs to be involved, still has to hog the limelight, wont put anyone over, holding talent down $#@! $#@!. Just piss off man, u got lucky and married the bosses daughter, what more do you want?
    This.

$#@! HHH

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I'm trying to illustrate a point that this (or at least in my opinion as a fan) should be the way that characters are developed. Whenever Cena tries to be serious now it just comes off as cringeworthy and pathetic. He's either smug, even though he's a face, or his "serious" face is constipated.

Thanks for taking on-board what I was saying.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    I took it on board (after i read it the 2nd time properly) Apologies Molo

His Heel run did make me hate him even more, so you have a very good and valid point!

As for Cena.......words fail me!

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    Snippet about HHH
    Eh, that promo was okay.

About HHH. . .

He's an phenomenal talent. However, he was lucky enough to have Shawn Michaels take him under his wing, and get put over by Mick Foley.

Seriously, his matches with Mick is what made him THE HEEL and made him viewed as a equal to The Rock and Austin. I hate how he won't thank Foley for that. He is one of very few bad guys who could beat people clean or come off just as strong and top tier even if he cheated.

And like 3times said, he won't put people over. I mean, come on dude. I $#@!ing hate politics in wrestling. For example, he didn't want to put Kurt $#@!ing Angle over of all people. Kurt Angle!

That's why I respect people like Jericho, Undertaker, Kane, and Rock more. I feel they do what's best for the company the most, and don't let their pride or ego get in the way of holding back talent or entertainment (Because they're afraid of appearing weak).

Seriously, if HHH likes you, you can skip to the front of the line and not have to pay your dues (Sheamus and Curtis Axel). Politics bro.

Which brings me to Cena, Cena is always going to be terrible now. His, "i'm going to fight to defend the title for you guys" speech is so old. How many times has he given it? How many times has he held the belt? And a lot of $#@! he says is fake.

Like his promos against The Rock? Calling The Rock out about being "the guy" when he was around and never faced adversity or whatever garbage. You know Rock lost THREE Wrestlemania Main Events in a row right Cena? There's a reason he's called "The People's Champion," because he always $#@!ing lost.

And he was never "The guy" that was Austin. It's so blatant when you go back and watch Raw's and Smackdown's from 2001. He's the #2 dude. He fought Hogan because Austin/Hogan couldn't decide on a finish at WM18

And every person Cena fights is his greatest challenge ever, just stop bro. It's tiring because he's been doing the same gimmick and has been giving the same promos for 8 years now.

The dude could lose 12 pay-per-views in a row and he'd still be considered the favorite against anyone, including CM Punk. He's god-tier in wrestling if CM Punk is S.

And talking about the kids admiring him, why can't they admire a cool character. Kids freaking loved Rock and Austin and I freaking loved Shawn Michaels back in 92. Come on Little Jimmy, go buy a CM Punk or Daniel Bryan shirt.

I'm sorry for the pop off, but God, I just been pulled into wrestling these past few days and. . . ugh.

22. Likes 33x likes this post
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    When I see so many people with Cena shirts, and all the people that get excited when his music starts up, I just don't $#@!ing get it. The guy is so bland and uninteresting that I have zero interest in the WWE championship right now. That and he's just cringeworthy on the mic. The WHC, IC, and US titles are all getting decent feuds right now, and the best they have for the championship is Cena vs Ryback? And now Cena vs Henry? Come on..

But going back to the Cena-on-the-mic thing, he's not that bad when he's not trying too hard. Remember that speech he gave after dark on Raw after Wrestlemania? I thought he did a great job with that, he should just be like that more often.
    Last edited by Shibby; 06-18-2013 at 15:10.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I was just talking about the delivery of the [Triple H] promo. That's what I'm admiring.
    But I did read your post, LastManDancing, and I do agree with everything you said about the politics, so for me that's a whole different topic to what I was talking about.
    The amount of times Triple H didn't put people over when they were over with the crowd. The Booker T storyline he had in 2003 was destined for Booker to win, tracing routes of racism and slavery, but Triple H still took the win. Even when he faced RVD (not sure if it was that year). RVD was well over with the crowd and earned a title shot but Triple H still had to take it. He only really put Batista over at Mania 21 because he was one of his guys, so see, I agree with you about his bull$#@! politics.
    I'm just really talking about promo performance.

And Shibby, what you said kinda draws on what I was originally talking about.
    I haven't seen Payback yet, but I'm itching to see how Del Rio came across, because the story now sounds interesting. As a face, Del Rio was terrible. From what I've heard about Payback, both he and Ricardo sound vicious and I'm interested to see how they came across, so yeah, that story is now interesting.
    WWE title: I'm the same; I couldn't give a toss about it right now.

Veteran
    My hopes right now are that with RVD returning, and the Wyatt family coming in (admittedly I don't know anything about them, but they seem the crazy type), maybe they'll bring the hardcore title back?

Side note, I may be going to Money in the Bank.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I very much doubt it, although it would be great. But with that being said, the matches would probably be terrible. Pretty much any Extreme Rules match is pretty shoddy now, because they're not allowed to take hits like they used to - i.e. shots to the head. Even when someone goes crazy with a chair now it's boring.

But just the idea itself: I could never see WWE going that way again right now.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Ive been slowly dragged back in by Punk, Y2J and now the Shield and DB (Always loved DB since his ROH days) i like what they are doing now. Its made a little interested for the 1st time in years.

Still dont get the need for HHH to try and hog the limelight, but whatever, at least you lot know what i was talking about!

As for Cena, like i said in an earlier post, he is bigger than the title, having it does NOTHING for him. Just $#@! off!!

Veteran
    Any idea how RVD is looking nowadays? If he's kept himself in decent shape? He's in his early 40s now, I just hope he doesn't come out looking like Bret Hart.

Thread Information