Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: Ps2 or Psp

Ps2 or Psp

I traded my xbox in for xbox 360 but since playing it at Walmart I decided to switch side.The sony side.But what should I get before the ps3 comes out.A psp or ps2 with re4.Someone help me please

If GTA can occupy you as long as it can me, get the PSP with LCS coming out tomorrow. But if you want a bigger game selection then you definatly need to get a PS2.

I know but the psp seem so tight.Plus godfather will be out soon for it.But the ps2 is cheaper.Have you seen the xbox 360 graphics

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    PS2 has an unmatched game library. However, it seems like you just want something to hold you over until the PS3 launches. I'd go with a PSP if I were you. Wait until the giga pack comes out so you can get a cheap Memory Stick, though.

When the PS3 finally launches, you can go back and buy up all the PS2 games you want and play it on that because of the backwards compatibility. Also, the PSP should be able to connect to the PS3 so you could get a lot more use out of it. Heck, they might make it a useable interface so you can choose your plays in a head to head game of Madden without your opponent seeing your playmaking (That was just an example of some stuff thats been talked about before)

Oh, and the PSP makes a sweet MP3 player and the UMD movies look really good too!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Lefein
    PS2 has an unmatched game library. However, it seems like you just want something to hold you over until the PS3 launches. I'd go with a PSP if I were you. Wait until the giga pack comes out so you can get a cheap Memory Stick, though.

When the PS3 finally launches, you can go back and buy up all the PS2 games you want and play it on that because of the backwards compatibility. Also, the PSP should be able to connect to the PS3 so you could get a lot more use out of it. Heck, they might make it a useable interface so you can choose your plays in a head to head game of Madden without your opponent seeing your playmaking (That was just an example of some stuff thats been talked about before)

Oh, and the PSP makes a sweet MP3 player and the UMD movies look really good too!
    yeah yeah, listen to him...b/c you can buy all the ps2 games you want when you buy your ps3...

but if you buy yourself a psp you'll GET a lot...and it's going to be compatible with the ps3, so...why not?!

Master Sage
    well it depends you were already sitting there with nothing waiting for x360 so get a psp. one its has some good stuff comeing and two its compatible with the ps3 supposidly. but if you bored and have to have alot of things to keep you off the ticking time to ps3 get a ps2 mainly because they have a ton of fun games out and coming out.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Master Guru
    It depends really. I own both a PS2 and PSP, and personally, Socom 3 could hold me over for 2 years, considering Socom 2 did. I won't be buying anymore games with my own money, but I'll be asking for tons of PS2 and PSP games for Xmas, and gift cards will be my spending money until the PS3 comes out.

Master Sage
    It depends really. I own both a PS2 and PSP, and personally, Socom 3 could hold me over for 2 years, considering Socom 2 did. I won't be buying anymore games with my own money, but I'll be asking for tons of PS2 and PSP games for Xmas, and gift cards will be my spending money until the PS3 comes out.
    same here just i hope all those gift cads are to the same store.lol both are great systems but i need to save money.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!

Apprentice

Get both.

The PSP will work with the PS3, so you're definitely increasing the value of the PS3 by getting a PSP now. Plus the PSPs are awesome and you might still find one packaged with the downgradable 2.0 firmware.

As for a PS2, the new fliptop PSTwo is incredibly easy to mod using the swap magic disc. And although the PS3 will play PS2 games, it will not play PS2 backups. My PS2 game library is up to 37 games thanks to swap magic, and I've never been happier with my PSTwo.
    Then the PSP included a touchscreen. Then the PSP included more ram. Then the PSP finally ditched the crappy UMD format.

And then the PSP was perfect...

Master Guru
    same here just i hope all those gift cads are to the same store.lol both are great systems but i need to save money.
    Usually the gift cards that people get me are $50 each, and all for Future Shop. B-day money is around $400CDN, plus any savings I have, and I've got enough for a PS3 and then some.

Master Sage
    Usually the gift cards that people get me are $50 each, and all for Future Shop. B-day money is around $400CDN, plus any savings I have, and I've got enough for a PS3 and then some.
    on my bday i was rich but it all went into the bank for ps3. i usuely get 20 to 10 from people. cool huh?

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!

Master Guru
    Fortunately, my b-day was 12 days before the PSP launch

Thread Information