Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru

Host advantage on GeoW is now nothing less than a joke.

its ridiculous now. epic have simply made it worse. i was shooting the host with a shotgun WITH active reload in the chest about 2-3 time - didnt go down. at this point he had returned one shot with a shotgun to MY LEGS and i went down straight away. unbelievable. the update has ruined the game for me.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

A God Amongst Men
    I'm pretty sure you either missed or that guy was just the luckier one.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I kind of agree with Pez, I seem to be having the same problem as him.
    I especially when you down someone, and when you shoot them, you hear
    funny sounds and they won't die.

A God Amongst Men
    Thats execution then you have to be closer to them, the sound you hear is the sound saying GO CLOSER AND EXECUTE HIM!

Master Guru

nope i distinctly rememeber it cos the blood was coming off etc, and it was close range. i was the only one left standing from my team and i remember everyone from my team saying how the f*** didn't he die etc. UNREAL.

Forza
    Must be based on your internet connection. I rock, and I never host, and I take down the hosts no problem.

Aleman
    I never noticed the host advantage problem when I played Gears, but that was before the patch. How's your internet connection?

I used to notice host advantage on the original Xbox in the early days of broadband, but not so much anymore.

Sockpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    That's called execution; you can't kill some one from across the map when they are down, you have to get in close and execute them. Best game mode imo, sorts out the n00bs.

Also the host shotgun, I dunno about there being more of an advantage, the host I regularly play with definitely doesn't seem to have the same sort of advantage I have come to expect in the past.

A God Amongst Men
    There is certainly a host advantage in Gears and it's reallllllll bad, but this situation OP said seems like poor analog rotation. *No offense or nothing* it certainly could have been Gears' fault. His time in the mirror certainly bogged the quality of this game down a few notches. I was playing Halo 1 and 2 at my friends house the other day and GOD HALO 1 IS OWNAGE, halo 2 multiplayer...unbalanced to hell.

Master Guru

i use 8 meg so i dont think it could be my connection.

it definitely wasn't bad aim, i was really close to him, basically shot him at point blank (but not quite that close, but near enough for all shotgun bullets to hit him) 2-3 times, didnt go down, then he shot my leg and i went straight down. i dont know how or why he was aiming down but it seemed to do the trick. and to top it off i had an active reload.

Forza
    I have 3 meg, and play it about 4 hours every day, never see a host advantage.

Aleman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    i use 8 meg so i dont think it could be my connection.

it definitely wasn't bad aim, i was really close to him, basically shot him at point blank (but not quite that close, but near enough for all shotgun bullets to hit him) 2-3 times, didnt go down, then he shot my leg and i went straight down. i dont know how or why he was aiming down but it seemed to do the trick. and to top it off i had an active reload.
    Could be a latency issue as I see you're from the UK. Were you playing in a UK server?

Xaor
    Can anyone explain HOW Execution sorts out the noobs?

All the noob-weapons are SHORT range, therefore it actually makes it worse, because it makes the longranged weapons less useful.

The only reason it sorts out the noobs is because noobs all play warzone.

A God Amongst Men
    Well I only use the sniper and shotgun, barely the shotgun because I get all kinds of crazy headshots with that sniper.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Its a problem with the way Microsoft runs their servers. Host advantage and lag all over the bloody place. even in a relatively small multiplayer game like gears (4v4).

This kind of nonesense and unfair advantage is EXTREMELY evident in Halo 2, shotgun is more concentrated\more damage if your host, you can 3 shot somebody with BR (Battle rifle, normally it takes 4) Grenades do roughly 30% more damage and will kill you with their splash damage in a single hit....

You pay for non dedicated servers with Xbox Live. I've never encountered "Host Advantage" on any dedicated Server game, like Resistance. Even though its booking 40 players on map.

A God Amongst Men
    No the BR is a 3 headshot kill weapon the least they can get is two. Halo 2's host wasn't that bad either because when I was host my friends had no issue killing me with their BRs, the only weapon they would complain about was the shotgun.

Forza
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Its a problem with the way Microsoft runs their servers. .
    False. In fact, I have probably logged in about 300 hours or more of GOW, and no lag or host advantage.

Master Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Forza View Post
    False. In fact, I have probably logged in about 300 hours or more of GOW, and no lag or host advantage.
    lol stop trying to big yourself up to be this GeoW guru.

host advantage is always evident in gears of war.

Forza
    lol stop trying to big yourself up to be this GeoW guru.

host advantage is always evident in gears of war.
    In your experience, maybe. But not mine and many others. I have been playing GOW since release day. Best game out there right now for next gen. No lag, no host advantage.

Elite Member

Thats one of the reasons I barely every play this game anymore. I do a lot of pc gaming and when I play GeoW it always pisses me off. The only reason I keep coming back is because I enjoy playing with friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    At least its a Chevy and at least it's an American vehicle!

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post

Yeah that one is annoying.

I've also had it on my game where I kill someone, and they blow up and get destroyed, and then all of a sudden they are back up and living. This has happened to me several times now.

Gears is still amazing compared to Halo though. I played Halo 2 the other day and it was horrible, there is no consistancy to any part of that game.

Xaor
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza View Post
    In your experience, maybe. But not mine and many others. I have been playing GOW since release day. Best game out there right now for next gen. No lag, no host advantage.
    I'm sorry, but no host advantage is theoretically impossible.

There is ALWAYS host advantage in Gears of War, it would be completely impossible not to have host advantage when there is no clientside hit detection on a Player 2 Player match, because there is always 'SOME' lag.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie Skywalker View Post
    No the BR is a 3 headshot kill weapon the least they can get is two. Halo 2's host wasn't that bad either because when I was host my friends had no issue killing me with their BRs, the only weapon they would complain about was the shotgun.

No, your incorrect. its 3 shots Host, 4 shots regular. If what you said was true, double shotting as host would result in an instant kill, and it doesn't.

Elite Guru
    its ridiculous now. epic have simply made it worse. i was shooting the host with a shotgun WITH active reload in the chest about 2-3 time - didnt go down. at this point he had returned one shot with a shotgun to MY LEGS and i went down straight away. unbelievable. the update has ruined the game for me.
    That's exactly what happens in halo, sometimes the lag gets so bad that you can shoot someone 3 times in the head with the sniper rifle, and you'll instantly die for no reason, then the person you were shooting suddenly appears on top of you. It's gross really.
    "and I mean If he doesn't like you after he sees this, then you're just gonna have to go back home and put some more make up on."

A God Amongst Men
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    No, your incorrect. its 3 shots Host, 4 shots regular. If what you said was true, double shotting as host would result in an instant kill, and it doesn't.

Dude me and my friends have played Halo 2 for 3 years now i think we'd know that it takes 3 burst rounds shots from a BR to kill someone. When my friend James sometimes gets it in two shots. Feel free to try and prove us wrong online.

Thread Information