Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage

How much do people weigh?

now this might be personal... but hell its for fun, and am bored... how mutch do you all weigh, and forgodsake dont lie! we aint gunna belive you if your 300 pounds in mucel! oh yeh and how tall are you all also... it helps us determin if you need less life on the console and more life in the gym...

to get the ball rolling i am 16 i weigh 182 pounds and am 6ft 4 inch (note its just gone past xmas lol)

tip: googles great for conversions type in KG or stones to pounds etc.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You forgot to state your weight...[unless 13 stone meant your weight, but I have no idea what that means ]

I'm 5'5" [shut up], 20 yrs old, and 155 pounds [bodybuilding is a side hobby away from college]

Next...
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky
    I'm 5'5" [shut up], 20 yrs old, and 155 pounds [bodybuilding is a side hobby away from college]

Next...
    5'5" wow you must be a tree.... untill you see me lol

hell i weigh more than u in mucel mass and all i do is go to collage lol!

alot of walking involved in collage

nar no offence to ya mate.. next one.. please

Administrator
    I don't think you know what muscle mass means. You're a foot taller than me. I HOPE you weigh more, or you'd be a twig Height relative to weight is a BIG thing...

No offense taken =)

EDIT: You're only 30 pounds heavier? Hmmm...that's not much. You should hit the weights, bro
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    I'm 5' 7" and am 12 years old, almost 13 in 2 days. Go to 8th grade.

Last time I check I weigh like 115 pounds or something like that.

I eat alot, espeacially meat and still don't gain a pound.
    "This life is not real. I conquered the world and it did not bring me satisfaction." -Muhammad Ali

Administrator
    Eat more Of course, you're really young, so maybe you won't start packin' on the pounds until you're older...

Blake
    About 6'0" and 205. I was weighing in at around 190 but after body building for a couple months my weight has increased significantly.

Administrator
    Are you really into "bodybuilding" Blake...and by that I mean competitions and things like that? Because that's what I do. Or do you just do "weightlifting," because they are 2 separate things.

My friend has been a bodybuilder for 8 years [he's 24], and he's 5'6" and weighs 240. My goal is about 180 right now.

But if you're a bodybuilder...it's cool to see someone else who's interested in the sport as well

Blake
    Well let me rephrase that, I'll say "weightlifting"...bodybuilding just sounds cooler, lol. I've been lifting seriously for maybe 2 or 3 months now...have been hooked on it since I started. I've seen some serious gains, especially in my legs. Before I graduated Highschool I was managing to bench 215 but after highschool I started running and broke down alot of muscle so unfortunately that bench has dropped down all the way to 140 or so.

Administrator
    Yeah...once you start lifting, DON'T STOP. You'll regret it. If you can't find time to go to the gym, do calisthenics It'll keep your muscles going. Losing strength always sucks

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake
    Before I graduated Highschool I was managing to bench 215 but after highschool I started running and broke down alot of muscle so unfortunately that bench has dropped down all the way to 140 or so.
    Your lucky you could atleast do that much. The highest I could do was like 65, lol.

But I started lifting weights but for Christmas I stayed over a hotel for 4 days and lost all my strength.

I'm not sure how much I could have benched though. I really don't have any machines to do these body building stuff and what's a good way to get your legs some muscle?
    "This life is not real. I conquered the world and it did not bring me satisfaction." -Muhammad Ali

Administrator
    I'm not sure how much I could have benched though. I really don't have any machines to do these body building stuff and what's a good way to get your legs some muscle?
    Squats, leg presses, lunges, leg extensions, leg curls, etc.

If you don't have any equipment, you're going to get nowhere fast. You should join a gym or a weight-lifting class if it has one. It will take you at least a year of dedicated weight-lifting to build a foundation of muscle. It's something that takes dedication, you can't just dance around it and avoid it a lot. Nothing is worth having without hard work.

Blake
    Im signed on with a local gym in the area, I also have keys to they gym to the highschool I graduated at since my grandad coaches football there.

It's something that takes dedication, you can't just dance around it and avoid it a lot. Nothing is worth having without hard work.
    Pfft! I would consider it hard and tedious work for about the first 6 weeks. After that lifting or running (which I also enjoy) becomes a normal part of your life...much like eating and sleeping. Yea it's hard work when your doing it but you've already broken the mental barrier and that's truly the hard part. The physical part you never think much about...ofcourse there are certain excersises I dread doing...(lunges for instance) but I dont put them off. If you do anything like running or lifting just plan on the first 6 weeks are so being hell before you actually start to like it...from there it seems less like work and more of a way to unwind.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    as my friend would say, "i'm 135 pounds of pure muscle and sex", lol

Administrator
    Pfft! I would consider it hard and tedious work for about the first 6 weeks. After that lifting or running (which I also enjoy) becomes a normal part of your life...much like eating and sleeping. Yea it's hard work when your doing it but you've already broken the mental barrier and that's truly the hard part. The physical part you never think much about...ofcourse there are certain excersises I dread doing...(lunges for instance) but I dont put them off. If you do anything like running or lifting just plan on the first 6 weeks are so being hell before you actually start to like it...from there it seems less like work and more of a way to unwind.
    Well, I was mostly referring to bodybuilding, which is a lot more demanding than weightlifting. It requires a vast knowledge of science...sculpting and shaping basically every muscle in the body, basically trying to make yourself look like a Greek God statue.

Weightlifting is fun and easy when you get used to it. But yes, like anything else, you have to break through the "mental barrier" to accomplish what you want ALL I was saying was, you're never going to get "BIG" if you're afraid of the hard work and pain. Like the cheesy freaking saying goes "no pain, no gain." [lame]

I find the physical aspect of it the most enjoyable, knowing that with every rep you're gathering more tissue to break down and build up bigger =)

If you do anything like running or lifting just plan on the first 6 weeks are so being hell before you actually start to like it...from there it seems less like work and more of a way to unwind.
    I believe that 100%

ofcourse there are certain excersises I dread doing...(lunges for instance) but I dont put them off.
    Yeah. The exercises you enjoy doing the LEAST are the ones you should really be focusing on doing. Because they eventually become less horrid the more you do them.

Blake
    Actuall "bodybuilding" per say wouldnt be worth it to me, you have to be on a special diet along with your excersise routine..meh to me it takes the fun out of lifting weights and turns it into work. Wich yea lifting weights is work but it's fun work.

Administrator
    You have to eat right while doing any form of lifting or exercise.

Doing the bodybuilding thing is the best part of my day It's the only time I can feel completely relaxed, and it helps me release all of my stress. But yeah, it's not for everyone.

Superior Member

Im 16(age), 6'3", 184 Pounds, only form of exercie I take part in is Football (Soccer if your not British). That goes along with a good diet of curry's, Big Macs and plenty of sugars. I have something like 9% Body fat, whatever that means.

Forum Sage
    Ive taken up yoga, lol you seriously think id do that, the only excerise i can do is the Athens 2004 game lol, im not the kinda guy thats a get up and go type... but i sure as hell do sh*t loads of cycleing. thats what keeps me muceld up, in the legs, so i have to do something to = the arms with the legs, so ive take up weight lifting too... im on my 2nd week and its great.. and i can play the guitar mutch better than ever before, i think i will carry on for a while, and then just cut down, i dont wanna go into body bulding...

Blake
    PS4 life, your going to want to do your upper and lower body when it comes to lifting. Yea Cycling and running build a little bit of muscle but in a completely different way than lifting heavy weights does. The reason your going to want to do lower body to is because one day you'll wake up, look in the mirror and realise how ridicoulous you look because your whole upper body is bigger than your lower. There are tons of people at every gym that only work upper body because they want those massive arms are pecs and they look goofy as ever because they are not symetrical. Also in biking, your quads and hamstrings wont see as much of the benifit as problly your calves, making lifting on the lower body especially important.

I also noticed how you mentioned lifting helps your guitar, I have seen the exact same benifits. If you really want to make pressing down on the fret board alot easier concentrate on doing forearm curls and reverse forearm curls...also use the wrist roller if you have one available. The muscles in you forearm are what allow you to grip, the stronger your grip is the easier it is to press down on the fret board and do other things like hammer on's and slides.

Forum Sage
    Thanks Blake, i will follow your guidence, i can actually hold down my chords better, and do better strumming...

Ohh look i bought my first item... wow.... look at it!.....I SAID LOOK AT IT!!! it almost bankrupted me!

Veteran
    Lol, bought the same thing and I'm down to 3. How do you increase your skill level? Same way as before?

Blake and PBM, I just hope you all aren't taking steroids lol. J/K. Just don't work too hard and hurt yourself.

Forum Elder
    well, hers a quote from Morpheus
    How it is calculated:

Skill level is now based on a number of different aspects.

> X Amount of points earned per new topic.
    > X Amount of bonus cash earned per reply for topic author.
    > X Amount of cash earned per reply.
    > X Amount of cash earned per character.
    > X Amount of cash earned per private message.

You can view your skill level on the memberlist, viewtopic and your public profile.
    and he said to post comments about the skill points in the "Skill Level Added!" thread which is an announcement

well i'm 24, 6'-2" tall and weigh about 230 lbs. I'm getting a bit of a beer belly (I don't even drink that often anymore) I was getting pretty muscular through college, lifting weights 3 times a week, but i've gotten lazy since then.

Blake
    Hmm, I had like 18, or 19,000 skill points and now Im down to 4,500..what gives?

Thread Information