Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Skill Level Added!

A new and improved version of Skill Level has been added to the boards. The following is a little guide to understanding this new feature.

Introduction

The new Skill Level is quite different to the old skill level system. I will try to explain as best I can the new changes that have been made.

Changes:

> You now get a screen that tells you just how many points you have earnt when you post.

> Admin can add Skill Level (as a bonus) or subtract it (if the rules are broken). And yes, you can go into negatives.

How it is calculated:

Skill level is now based on a number of different aspects.

> X Amount of points earned per new topic.
    > X Amount of bonus cash earned per reply for topic author.
    > X Amount of cash earned per reply.
    > X Amount of cash earned per character.
    > X Amount of cash earned per private message.

You can view your skill level on the memberlist, viewtopic and your public profile.

Post your comments about it in this thread.

Administrator
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I've never been so confused about anything in my entire life However, it sounds pretty cool.

Veteran
    So what can users do with their "Cash"?
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This is a personal communication and in no way represents the official or unofficial views or opinions of my employer.

Anthony Hanses - Owner - Colloquy LLC

Veteran
    Good Question. At the moment not much. However we will probably soon add a little shop where you can buy custom ranks, stars etc.

Forum Sage
    Called the modding rank shop maybe?

Dedicated Member
    getting points for private messages hmmm
    anyone sad enough could arrange with someone else to keep sending each other stupid pm's just to get points
    but apart from that i think its pretty cool
    oh yea that reminds me, if you edit your post and put something else in do you get points for that? and also if you edit your post and do nothing would it still give you points?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gaming ultima
    oh yea that reminds me, if you edit your post and put something else in do you get points for that? and also if you edit your post and do nothing would it still give you points?
    It will give you points if you make your post longer yes. However it does not give points for quotes.

Update!

A new shop has been installed! It is located on the navbar at the top.

You can now use your Skill Points to buy the following:

Privilege Settings:
    Buy Avatar Ability
    Buy Signature Ability
    Buy Titles Ability

Name Effects Settings:
    Buy Color
    Buy Glow
    Buy Shadow

Title Effects Settings:
    Buy Title Color
    Buy Title Glow
    Buy Title Shadow

User-Custom Settings:
    Buy Custom Title
    Change Username
    Buy Other-User Title

Forum Sage
    wow this is gunna be a really cool forum!
    Great going morph! i hope every things resonably priced

Forum Elder
    I think this new "shop" feature is great. although what I did was buy a glow, but then when I saw it I didnít really like it that much so I removed the glow, but I didnít get my skill points back...so I just wasted 500 points which sucks ....Iím not gonna do that mistake again and I hope no one else does this. I did see what my name would look like in the "test effects" place but when I saw my name with my avatar it didnít look that good....what Iím asking is that is it possible for the avatar to show up when your testing how your name will look like?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FmanFORPS3
    what I did was buy a glow, but then when I saw it I didnít really like it that much so I removed the glow, but I didnít get my skill points back...so I just wasted 500 points which sucks
    Okay I gave you back your points. Just this once though .

what Iím asking is that is it possible for the avatar to show up when your testing how your name will look like?
    Good question, maybe, but unfortnately not at the moment.

Forum Elder
    oh wow thanks...man am i happy. this is great thanks a lot

oh and im gonna wait a little for that avatar thing....so i dont make the same mistake...

I was checking the prices of some of the effects and I saw that it took 750000 points to change the user title...now Iím not totally sure but donít you think that a little over priced? I mean, the most skill points that anyone has on this forum right now is 4174...and thats not at all close to 750000 points....so Iím guessing that no one will be EVER able to change their user title. I would think that it could be 10000 or 15000 to change the title so some people might have a chance...but its obviously your decision

also, i was writing a message and when i clicked on post, a screen appeared but that was usual, what wasnt usual was that this appeared
    "Your message has been entered successfully.
    You have exceeded the alloted amount of posts and will not earn anything for your post

Click Here to view your message

Click Here to return to the forum"

what does it mean by "You have exceeded the alloted amount of posts and will not earn anything for your post"?

Veteran
    Lol, nice idea. I got my Elite thing and went bankrupt. Lol.

When do you recieve the points? Every 24 hours or at every action that you do? If you know what I'm talking about.
    "This life is not real. I conquered the world and it did not bring me satisfaction." -Muhammad Ali

Forum Elder
    well, its every action...like the post up there by me which is kinda big ^^ , everytime i added something (cause i forgot to the first time) i got a little more points...

Forum Sage
    I think people will think were elite members with powers when its just an item... lol this is gunna be fun...

i just bought speical Advatar privliages... what the hell do they do? lol

Superior Member

Trouble is with the points and shop, is that, well Ill buy anything just for the sake of it. Cant be bothered to let them mount up. Ive spent nearly all of my skill points already. I think I had 2??? before, now ive barely got anything.

Forum Elder
    o god, i thought i lost my avatar, turns out you have to spend money to let your avatar show, and the title, hence the "Buy Avatar Privilege" and "Buy Title Privilege"...o ya, dont forget to buy your "Signature Privilege"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MiThRaZoR
    Lol, nice idea. I got my Elite thing and went bankrupt. Lol.

When do you recieve the points? Every 24 hours or at every action that you do? If you know what I'm talking about.
    You recieve your points as soon as you have completed your action MiThRaZoR.

I was checking the prices of some of the effects and I saw that it took 750000 points to change the user title...now Iím not totally sure but donít you think that a little over priced? I mean, the most skill points that anyone has on this forum right now is 4174...and thats not at all close to 750000 points....so Iím guessing that no one will be EVER able to change their user title. I would think that it could be 10000 or 15000 to change the title so some people might have a chance...but its obviously your decision.

also, i was writing a message and when i clicked on post, a screen appeared but that was usual, what wasnt usual was that this appeared
    "Your message has been entered successfully.
    You have exceeded the alloted amount of posts and will not earn anything for your post
    The shop is by no means finalised and neither are the prices. I agree that is way over prices and I will change those particular prices shortly.

Basically the message you recieved is part of an anti-Spam system (Spam prevention). As it stands at the moment you can post and still get points for a maximum of up to 10 posts every 3 hours. However, when you were posting FmanFORPS3, the Spam prevention was more on the cautious side.

Forum Elder
    so for the 11th post in the 3 hour period i dont get any skill points?

Veteran
    Okay, I got it, since I have 11 skill points now. But what's this donate feature? Anyone could donate you points? That would be cool but could start alot of begging.

Oh yes, I also forgot about hacking.

And no problem Morpheus.
    "This life is not real. I conquered the world and it did not bring me satisfaction." -Muhammad Ali

Veteran
    Well I can turn it off if I have to. I'm going to do a bit of consulting with the staff to see what they think. Thanks for your concern MiThRaZoR.

Forum Elder
    Oh yes, I also forgot about hacking.
    what do you mean?

morpheous...im guessing your going to have more items in the "shop" but i just would like to ask you to let us know if you do add anything new...thanks

Blake
    Hmm, I bought a color for my name and it doesnt appear to work correctly.

Veteran
    Of course Fman. These mods are brand new. It will take a few days for people to realise the shop is even there. We wil add new items as often as we can. I will try to annouce whenever we add some new ones, especially if they are out of most peoples price range!

Quote Originally Posted by Blake
    Hmm, I bought a color for my name and it doesnt appear to work correctly.
    Hmm. It's working fine, its just not Bold. I will see if I can make the name bold like normal for you Blake.

Master Poster
    Everythings starting to shape out nicely, good work Morph! I have a question for all the users, what else do you guys think we should have in the shop? Have some good suggestions that we implement and hey, you might get some skill points for it
    Co-Founder: PSU | Playfire

Forum Elder
    lol, the last part really motivated me to give you a GREAT idea

Well...maybe we can buy smileys...so we can use them in our messages. I think that would be a good idea, maybe even a "great" one.

You could also sell new smileys so we have a bigger variety...

Thread Information