Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Hoyle View Post
    I think we're going to have to wait until Feb 30th at least.
    What? of Next Year? Dude that's too far away

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeochromoctyoma View Post
    It was a rumour. A mere post in a forum. and you people got hyped up for it! for a rumour!!!! HAHAHAHAH!!!!

all i can say is...

IN YOUR FACE!!!
    This forum is filled with insecure, unhappy fanboys!

next time when a rumour about the ps3 being able to upscale vids and ps1 and 2 games...take it with a grain of salt. wait for the official word.
    Well you don't have to be an ass about it. Some of us like to believe something good will happen. Others are more pessimistic. We know to take rumors with a grain of salt. We ran out of salt.
    "Very nice, how much?" - Borat Sagdiyev
    Member of the PS3forums.com Folding@home team

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
    Items User name style
    I had a feeling when I checked when I got home and I was still connected to PSN. Oh well, hopefully the update will come soon.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMantis View Post
    I had a feeling when I checked when I got home and I was still connected to PSN. Oh well, hopefully the update will come soon.
    I wonder why Sony hasn't said anything regarding the rumor yet. I would think they'd come out, officially denounce the rumor, and announce when and what to expect with an upcoming firmware update

Elite Guru
    SCE said they will do monthly update untill end of 2007.
    They usually do it around 19~25,
    and in official SCE page they already said calling all cars will be on Japan PSN.
    SO I expecte an update of some sort before 25th.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hisame View Post
    SCE said they will do monthly update untill end of 2007.
    They usually do it around 19~25,
    and in official SCE page they already said calling all cars will be on Japan PSN.
    SO I expecte an update of some sort before 25th.
    When did SCE state that they will do monthly updates to the end of 2007? Do you have a link? Because that wou ld pretty much solidify our "at least once a month" theory. If that's true, then we can expect something by the end of the month

Master Guru
    Geez, I was looking forward to the wallpaper lol....

Im back.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeochromoctyoma View Post
    next time when a rumour about the ps3 being able to upscale vids and ps1 and 2 games...take it with a grain of salt. wait for the official word.

When things are classified by Sony as "speculation" that indicates the list has some truth to it.

Now I do not know about you, but I'm pretty certain there is a slim chance that list was fabricated by some forum poster. I highly doubt someone would spend time doing that. I mean c'mon please; nobody made up this list with their imagination.

Full of Win. =D

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNoob View Post
    When things are classified by Sony as "speculation" that indicates the list has some truth to it.

Now I do not know about you, but I'm pretty certain there is a slim chance that list was fabricated by some forum poster. I highly doubt someone would spend time doing that. I mean c'mon please; nobody made up this list with their imagination.
    My thoughts are extremely similar to yours. It would take like a month of research and planning to get such a detailed list to be so believable and detailed. I think there's some kind of truth to this, because Sony's taking longer than usual to deny it. In the past, Hirai, Harrison, and other higher up executives had come out and denied rumors left and right. Gamers day is over now, so what's taking them so long to comment on this latest rumor?

anjiru0009
    I do believe the list is too detailed and accurate in terms of how XBL is.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anjiru0009 View Post
    I do believe the list is too detailed and accurate in terms of how XBL is.
    Huh? I'm not sure I get what you're saying

Elite Member
    When sony is ready they will release an update. Until then lets just all chill........mmmmmmmmm mellow.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keisukeMamoru86 View Post
    My thoughts are extremely similar to yours. It would take like a month of research and planning to get such a detailed list to be so believable and detailed. I think there's some kind of truth to this, because Sony's taking longer than usual to deny it. In the past, Hirai, Harrison, and other higher up executives had come out and denied rumors left and right. Gamers day is over now, so what's taking them so long to comment on this latest rumor?
    Sony as far as I can remember have never replied to rumors. There are only a few that they have when its come to image, but speculation they never have.

Electronic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3fan15 View Post
    lol.. surprisingly enough, I stopped being so gullable.. and believe me I am gullable.

My friend once told me in 4rth grade that he had just won 5 million dollars, and they are getting much money every month. I was a sucker for it. I actually believed him. lol. He even said he would give me like 200,000 dollars.. LOL..

But then time passed, he didn't give me any money. He didn't move to a richer neighborhood, still wore his rundown clothes, and I was starting to catch on. When I asked him where all the money went he said his mom was feeling guilty for having so much money, and that he had to return all of it.

I believed him even then. But when I got into 5th grade I learned it was all a lie.

And ever since then I have not been so gullable. LOL. LESSON LEARNED.
    There is a girl in my shop that is sort of like that. You can tell her all kinds of stuff, and most of the time she will believe you. One time, she was playing with an 18 inch ruler, and we told her it was a foot. We seriously almost had her believing that the ruler was just one foot, not 1.5. Haha Good times. We asked her the next day (she had looked it up on Google), and she was giving us junk about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ever since my experience points went into triple digits, I've had to keep the ladies and valkyries away with a +3 two handed broadsword.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Game View Post
    Sony as far as I can remember have never replied to rumors. There are only a few that they have when its come to image, but speculation they never have.
    The thing is that this situation is part rumor, part speculation. It started as a rumor and we speculated on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beodude123 View Post
    There is a girl in my shop that is sort of like that. You can tell her all kinds of stuff, and most of the time she will believe you. One time, she was playing with an 18 inch ruler, and we told her it was a foot. We seriously almost had her believing that the ruler was just one foot, not 1.5. Haha Good times. We asked her the next day (she had looked it up on Google), and she was giving us junk about it.
    Hahaha you guys are messed up

RickyDeHaas
    i think they would release it earlier next week!

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyDeHaas View Post
    i think they would release it earlier next week!
    Only thing we can do is wait and see. Some of us think it'll happen tonight, others are banking on the weekend, some next week, some next month. We all hope it happens soon, although I don't think it'll be 2.00 as much as I'd like it to be. 1.7x-1.9 is more likely to happen

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    1.7-1.9 isnt a necessity. They are minor updates. They can jump straight to 2.00 if they wanted to, they just want to make sure it all works right. I too got overly excited for this. I knew it wouldnt happen, but I couldn't stop getting excited lol.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    1.7-1.9 isnt a necessity. They are minor updates. They can jump straight to 2.00 if they wanted to, they just want to make sure it all works right. I too got overly excited for this. I knew it wouldnt happen, but I couldn't stop getting excited lol.
    Right, it's not a necessity. But it has a far greater chance of happening than jumping to 2.00. At the beginning of the week, I was SURE that 2.00 was coming out this week. Now, with the close of gamers day, Leah's denial of the update, and lack of any official word, I'm starting to lean more towards 1.7x-1.9. But I'm still kinda hoping for the big leap to 2.00, but it also doesn't seem very likely anymore. Either way, we're pretty much due for an update now

Superior Member
    Maybe they haven't denied it yet because they're working hard to prove it to be true instead of false?

Wishful thinking.
    Rising Stuff - I like import games, so there!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by keisukeMamoru86 View Post
    i believe the first detailed rumor (including in-game xmb and backgrounds). the rumored 2.0 f/w update seems to fit the typical f/w characteristics, where it's a perfect mix of many small improvements and few major upgrades. a proper firmware update leaves me feeling excited yet somewhat letdown because it's still lacking.

on the other hand, the latest f/w update rumor (from gamers day), i do not believe. it's simple and too good to be true. it includes solutions to every major complaint
    about the ps3 to date. (dvd upscaling, game upscaling, custom in game music, etc).

i'm sure this list will eventually be met, but it's highly unlikely to be all in one update.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by twentypointfive View Post
    on the other hand, the latest f/w update rumor (from gamers day), i do not believe. it's simple and too good to be true. it includes solutions to every major complaint
    about the ps3 to date. (dvd upscaling, game upscaling, custom in game music, etc).

i'm sure this list will eventually be met, but it's highly unlikely to be all in one update.

I agree with you to an extent. Seems hard to believe, but why? Most of the issues we are having should not even be there in the first place. All of these things should have been implemented from day one. Instead of going foward, Sony is struggling just to get the PS3 to the point where they promised.

Full of Win. =D

Superior Member

Well, I gave into the hype for this, but it didn't hurt my feelings or anything. I like being hyped, even if nothing comes from it.

With the press release being leaked, and that person acting like they were at Gamers Day at GAF, I didn't know what to think. I was happy that it was a huge update coming this week, but oh well to that.

I still love my PS3 though. Nothing can make me not love it.

*awaits next firmware update*

Ishimaru Kaito
    Quote Originally Posted by Classified View Post

I can't agree with you more

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Classified View Post
    Well, I gave into the hype for this, but it didn't hurt my feelings or anything. I like being hyped, even if nothing comes from it.

With the press release being leaked, and that person acting like they were at Gamers Day at GAF, I didn't know what to think. I was happy that it was a huge update coming this week, but oh well to that.

I love my PS3. Aside from gaming, I have TONS of music, home videos, and photos on it. But I wish in-game XMB was enabled so I could access at least my music collection while playing the games I love.

Any day now, Sony

Thread Information