Latest PSU headlines:

St Jude

Help me spend my money...

I've saved up 450 and growing by the week...and want to spend it! I'm not going on holiday this summer so my intention is to spend my summer gaming...\o/

I own a 360, Wii and DSL and have a pretty decent PC...I have a PS2 and GCN...but I'm not looking for suggestions for these latter 2 platforms before any suggests PS2/GCN games.

In order to not recieve suggestions of games I already own I'll outline the games I own...

I'm in PAL-land so don't suggest software that isn't on these shores yet...I have Bio-Shock and Mass Effect as well as Metroid and Super Mario Galaxy on pre-order.

For my Wii I own: Zelda, Wario-Ware, Red-Steel, Rayman, Excite-Truck, Cooking Mama, Monkey Ball, SSX and Godfather...oh and Wii play but that doesn't really count.

360: Gears, Crackdown, Oblivion, Call of Duty 3, RainBow Six Vegas, Pro Evo, PGR3 and Viva Pinata and Kameo.

DSL: Contact, Final Fantasy III, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Elite Beat and Brain-Age and Brain Academy.

PC: I only play Football Manager series and Civilization series and the odd Colin McRae Rally boot up...pretty poor PC showing...I know.

Suggest away...

Master Poster
    I'd suggest to buy Hitman: Blood Money for Xbox 360. It's the best tactical game ever; so realistic and addicting. You are an assassin who gets missions to kill somebody/steal something. It's the best sneaking game ever.
    "The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."

Superior Member

If your into rts then you cant go wrong with Command & Conquer 3. Its got the classic gameplay mechanics of the past C&C's plus its adds a third race, the Skrin.

Production levels are fantastically high (Lando Calrission is in it FFS!!!!!!!) plus it look and plays amazing.

The multiplayer is cool as well as you can record your matches and then have a sports style commentator thing and talk over it, writing notes on the screen . It makes for some cool matches.

Couldn't care less.
    Not could care less. If you could care less about something you actually care about it.

St Jude
    Hitman: Blood Money I rented out for the PS2 a while ago...I enjoyed it quite alot like almost all the Hitman series...it just not a franchise I buy a copy for...it's in the rent catagory as I can complete it in a few hours and I tend to spend my money on games I can come back to...

@ YamNivek: I was thinking of getting into an RTS but I don't know if I could handle the pressure...of modern RTS's...I use to play Dune II like no bodies business back in the day and I never played any C&C franchise...I might pick it up CC as it is a game everyone always remarks back to "You have to play it/try it"...

Elite Sage

You might enjoy the Rise of Nations series games, if you're into RTS. I liked Rise of Legends best. Is Super Paper Mario out in your region?

Superior Member

C&C is a very good game t get started in RTS. Its very simple to get to grips with the game basic. Make sure you have enough power and make sure you have enough money and tanks!!

Other games can have a bit of a learning curve as some of the newer style RTS (Supreme Commander) are very tactial and require a lot of skill in building and deploying an army. Whereas in C&C its all down to who can build the heaviest armament first and just rush at the others base.

Couldn't care less.
    Not could care less. If you could care less about something you actually care about it.

St Jude
    Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    Is Super Paper Mario out in your region?
    No...: localizations a bitch...

We get Strikers and Brain-Training 2 before NA though...win some...you lose some...the main problem is always getting a game shipped to Europe with Spanish, Italian, German and French...

YamNivek...I ordered C&C:3...I thought the specs would be higher for the game...but in actuallity my computer would run the game perfectly...I guess they are trying to hit as many people as possible...

Elite Sage

Buy wiis and sell them for a huge profit!

St Jude
    Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    Buy wiis and sell them for a huge profit!
    I don't get it...what do you mean? I'm not trying t make money...I'm trying to lose money!

Elite Sage

Quote Originally Posted by St Jude View Post
    I don't get it...what do you mean? I'm not trying t make money...I'm trying to lose money!
    Well, yeah, but if you aren't sure, just make some in the mean time, then you can spend even MORE later!

Think about it! Imagine that you did this for a while until you had a couple billion pounds to spend. You could release your own competing console!

Thread Information