Latest PSU headlines:

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ajnumber8 View Post
    Thanks for the help, iv emailed the company about forwarding ports.

I would liek to try the DMZ, i am not sure what its all about but if i am correct it puts the PS3 pat the firewall or something?

Please clarify this with me, i hate to sound like a n00b lol but how do you do this and what is it?
    yea pretty much. Placing your PS3's IP address into your routers DMZ zone essentially opens every port for your PS3 to the internet. It's not recomended to do this because it can leave your network vulnerable to intruders. If you can figure out to simply open those specific ports than go that way since it's the safest way. If it doesn't work out then try DMZ.

Apprentice
    Does anyone else have a netcomm router?
    I no longer have the software, and can't seem to find a program to open the ports

I'm on a mac by the way

Does anyone have a Dlink DI-524 router. I have tried this thread and everything i cant get it to say NAT 2!
    Sorry guys

ajnumber8
    I recieved an email and i know how to forward ports now. Yey!

Now it says at the top of the page to open ports

TCP: 80, 443, 5223
    UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658

All i see on my screen is something about Destination Port Start, End and Map, im confused here.

What do i input into these 3 fields?

Im nearly there lol

Forum Sage
    Destination is the IP address of your PS3, start is the start range and end is the end of the interval. So you could either do TCP 80 to 80 or if you don't care you can do like 80-5223. Why don't you just do DMZ, that would be easier.
    "I only regret that I have but one life to give my country."-CPT Hale
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

Master Guru
    I'm still having problems.
    I Have a 1mb Connection, wirelessly on my ps3, with 80% - 90% signal strength. I am occasionally Nat type 2, but even so, every 5 - 10 minute my internet connection drops. I have followed your tutorial, different router, but i think i have figured it out. I have a Netgear DG834PN. There aren't many articles on this in Netgear's support base, but i don't mind.

Question 1) Is static route the same as a Static ip address. My isp has assigned me a static ip, does that apply to everything that connects to the router? It is the same ip address all the time but...

Question 2)Any tips for improving the signal, or any settings on my ps3 i could do?

Question 3) How do I set up DMZ on my ps3/router.

Cheers, i would appreciate a reply, not just a forgotten post...

Quote Originally Posted by Copyright85 View Post
    If you read one of the previous posts, you should know how to set up DMZ.

Bascially,
    1. Open your router's congifuration or type the ip address of your router in the IE address bar (http://169.168.1.1 for example). Username and password can be admin/admin, admin/password or whatever the router manufacturer sets

2. In the router configuration, there should be an area where you can set your DMZ, enter your ps3's static ip to be DMZed (you need to know how to set static ip for your ps3)
    PSN: PSKing
    ==* Resistance Fall Of Man, PES 2008 *==

Quote Originally Posted by Copyright85 View Post
    I'm still having problems.
    I Have a 1mb Connection, wirelessly on my ps3, with 80% - 90% signal strength. I am occasionally Nat type 2, but even so, every 5 - 10 minute my internet connection drops. I have followed your tutorial, different router, but i think i have figured it out. I have a Netgear DG834PN. There aren't many articles on this in Netgear's support base, but i don't mind.

Question 1) Is static route the same as a Static ip address. My isp has assigned me a static ip, does that apply to everything that connects to the router? It is the same ip address all the time but...

Question 2)Any tips for improving the signal, or any settings on my ps3 i could do?

Cheers, i would appreciate a reply, not just a forgotten post...
    1) When your ISP assigns you a static IP/route it does not apply to anything connecting to your router. I believe its a static IP between your modem and the internet. You need a static IP between your PS3 and your router.

2) All depends on your router make. You should contact your router manufacturer for what's the best spot for your router to communicate with your PS3. i remember hearing that certain router sends signals in an 'umbrella' pattern so keeping your router a floor below is optimal.

3) Assign a static IP for your PS3 (check link below on how) and place that IP address you created in the DMZ settings of your router.

I think this tutorial may help you figure this out. I believe this guy uses a Netgear router, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hidZdIfoYPI

Master Guru
    Thank you every one, I have set it has my DMZ server, is that the same as a DMZ host?

Elite Member
    Ive got siemens spreed stream router .can anyone help me please Caz my NAT type is 3

buckeye2313

?

my ps3 doesnt even detect a NAt type?

And e mail me exactly how u get NAT type 2

all im trying to do is just play cod 4 but i need this major update for it.cry:

buckeye2313
    well how do u even get a NAT type? please e mail me the answer at buckeye2313@gmail.com

please explain the steps in full detail.

Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you to the OP who wrote the great guide on getting the PS3 to a NAT Type 2. It worked great for my system!

However, I have a completely different issue that I need assistance with. I have found that whenever my PS3 signs onto my wireless network, it temporarily boots my PC (and any other device connected to the router) off the internet. This happens consistently each time the PS3 tries to sign-on (e.g. when you start the system up, each time it exits a game, each time you sign-on manually, etc.). It's really quite aggravating. Note, my PC is connected to the router by hard-line. Other devices, wireless or hardline connections, all get temporarily booted.

I had had a lot of issues with my PS3 not staying online properly, and in particular, downloading patches (like the CoD4 update and Assassin's Creed update - both took me many, many tries to successfully download). I believe now that I have it set to NAT Type 2, my issue should be resolved there.

My PS3 has been DMZ'd, on a static IP address with encrypted WEP2 wireless access that is also secured by MAC address filtering.

I have tried to enable UPnP as well, but in my testing, I've noticed that I can only get UPnP to work if I disable my encryption.

Anyone help me with these issues? Are they related? Is this basically happening because I'm using encryption?

Thanks in advance.

Apprentice

budddy i didnt had to do nothing and i already have nat to so what about anothere tutorial how to go to nat 1

Forum Sage
    Buddy how about it doesn't matter Nat 2 is as good as Nat 1? Geez.

And Pentar is media sharing enabled on your PS3?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by hockeydude30 View Post

Hockeydude30:

Yes, I believe it is. Under Network settings, the "Media Server Connection" is enabled. I'm guessing this is the problem? I'll try disabling it then and see if that helps...

Cheers,
    Pentar

Quote Originally Posted by Pentar View Post
    Hello,

Thank you to the OP who wrote the great guide on getting the PS3 to a NAT Type 2. It worked great for my system!

However, I have a completely different issue that I need assistance with. I have found that whenever my PS3 signs onto my wireless network, it temporarily boots my PC (and any other device connected to the router) off the internet. This happens consistently each time the PS3 tries to sign-on (e.g. when you start the system up, each time it exits a game, each time you sign-on manually, etc.). It's really quite aggravating. Note, my PC is connected to the router by hard-line. Other devices, wireless or hardline connections, all get temporarily booted.

I had had a lot of issues with my PS3 not staying online properly, and in particular, downloading patches (like the CoD4 update and Assassin's Creed update - both took me many, many tries to successfully download). I believe now that I have it set to NAT Type 2, my issue should be resolved there.

My PS3 has been DMZ'd, on a static IP address with encrypted WEP2 wireless access that is also secured by MAC address filtering.

I have tried to enable UPnP as well, but in my testing, I've noticed that I can only get UPnP to work if I disable my encryption.

Anyone help me with these issues? Are they related? Is this basically happening because I'm using encryption?

Thanks in advance.
    The problem you see where you can only have 1 device online at once I once had. Doing some research I later found out that my router was only allowing 1 IP address connect to the internet at once (meaning one device connected at once). Buying a new router solved that problem for me

How the hell do you get onto applications and gaming xD, and how do you open the ports from there ?

I apologize in advance if this has been previously answered in this post. I have read all 14 pages but am not using a router. I currently am getting the NAT TYPE as failed. I am able to sign in to psn and receive messages. I can get into the COD4 lobby but can not connect to host. I have my ethernet cable connected directly into the wall ethernet port. Thank you in advance for your help.
    "Apple is to Genius Bar as PS3 is to ps3forums.com"

baldywaldy
    It didn't work for me i'm still nat type two i'm running on a netgear router dg834g v3 with the ISP of AOL if any one could help it would be mcuh appreciated

-baldy

When I plug my computer into the ethernet outlet it works great.

When I use my ps3 plugged into the ethernet outlet I can sign on to PSN without a problem. I can get messages on my ps3 and get into lobbies but can not connect to server to join a game.

When I use my ps3 to test my settings it says NAT TYPE: FAILED.

I do not have it hooked up to a router.

Any idea why this wont work? Is it possible to do a manual configuration even though I am not using a router? Hope this info helps. Thank you again!
    "Apple is to Genius Bar as PS3 is to ps3forums.com"

Alright, so I disabled the Media Server option under networking and lo and behold, I no longer lose internet connectivity for my other devices when my PS3 is attempting to login.

So, my question is now:
    How can I resolve this? I've been considering setting up a media server, so this puts a dampener on that plan. Any thoughts? Is it a configuration issue with my router, or my PS3?

I have a LinkSys Wireless-G WRT54G router.

Cheers,
    Pentar

Quote Originally Posted by CoOoL_BoY View Post
    my ps3 is nat 2 .. what the diffrence between 2 & 3?

Its says it in the tut

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentar View Post
    Alright, so I disabled the Media Server option under networking and lo and behold, I no longer lose internet connectivity for my other devices when my PS3 is attempting to login.

So, my question is now:
    How can I resolve this? I've been considering setting up a media server, so this puts a dampener on that plan. Any thoughts? Is it a configuration issue with my router, or my PS3?

I have a LinkSys Wireless-G WRT54G router.

Cheers,
    Pentar
    You have two options you can either put a different firmware on your router or you can use something like Tversity to stream the shows thats about it.

You have two options you can either put a different firmware on your router or you can use something like Tversity to stream the shows thats about it.
    Well, my router is already on the latest firmware available from LinkSys, so either I replace my router entirely, or I go with Tversity. I guess this also means it's an issue with my router and not a configuration issue with my PS3.

Thanks for the info!

Thread Information