Latest PSU headlines:

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    I still have some problems. Like losing connection every 5 minutes. I don't know why, i think its the router

Quote Originally Posted by Copyright85 View Post
    I still have some problems. Like losing connection every 5 minutes. I don't know why, i think its the router
    My PS3 would drop connection whenever I launched a game. I would get that little pop-up that would say "an error has occurred, you have been disconnected" or something to that effect. However, since I DMZ'd my PS3, I haven't had those issues. Try following the steps outlined in the beginning of this thread and see if it helps.

Try to get your PS3 NAT Type to 1 or 2 instead of 3.

thanks, it has worked for me
    Hmmmmmmm, I really need to make myself a SIG

[img]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj45/Lukidesignz/hdshotsig.jpg[img]

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentar View Post
    Well, my router is already on the latest firmware available from LinkSys, so either I replace my router entirely, or I go with Tversity. I guess this also means it's an issue with my router and not a configuration issue with my PS3.

Thanks for the info!
    I mean a firmware like dd-wrt its not an official linksys firmware but it makes your router amazing and lets you do media sharing.
    "I only regret that I have but one life to give my country."-CPT Hale
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

Apprentice
    I can't find where to assign static IP's on my router. I have a Linksys WRT54G. Anyone know how to do it?

I also tried adding the PS3's IP address under the routers DMZ settings, but I'm still Type 3.

-Matt
    40GB PS3 (PSN: GotToyota)
    COD4, Madden 08, GH3
    30" Samsung HDTV
    BD's owned: 29

i kinda skimmed through the convo. 14 pages is alot to read.
    i finally got to the nat2 (thanks guys)
    i have a different question when i am connecting to the network on a wired connection on a wrt54g linksys wireless. my wireless laptop goes on the fritz. alot of times i have to reset it to get it up and running. it seems sometimes like the router resets itself as well.

like just to try it out. i logged on to the network and my router reset, lost my connection temporarly and it came back. it just gets a little frustrating having to reset the router every day. i just want to know if this is a common thing or if i am retarded???
    (retorical statement) lol

Quote Originally Posted by gustave26 View Post
    i kinda skimmed through the convo. 14 pages is alot to read.
    i finally got to the nat2 (thanks guys)
    i have a different question when i am connecting to the network on a wired connection on a wrt54g linksys wireless. my wireless laptop goes on the fritz. alot of times i have to reset it to get it up and running. it seems sometimes like the router resets itself as well.

like just to try it out. i logged on to the network and my router reset, lost my connection temporarly and it came back. it just gets a little frustrating having to reset the router every day. i just want to know if this is a common thing or if i am retarded???
    (retorical statement) lol
    Gustave,

I was having the same problem. If you check Page 14, specifically my posts and the responses to it, you'll see the solution

Basically, turn off the Media Server function for your PS3. I have the exact same Router as you and I get the same problem. Every time my PS3 logged into the PSN, it booted all other devices connected to the router off the internet temporarily (or reset the router, whatever it was).

As soon as I turned off the media server search function, it stopped doing it.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH DUDE .
    IT'S AN IMPORTANT THREAD FOR EVERY ONE

Apprentice
    Anyone been able to go from nat3 to nat1 or 2 using a belkin wireless G plus router?

If so, could you let me know how you did it? +rep and a donation for your help.

(ps: I think my trouble is the layout of the belkin site where i have to change my port forwarding etc - cant seem to find it)

cheers

Server list not refreshing in Warhawk.

Hello, first post here, been lurking since October. Need some help with my network, and this is the closest thread to my situ afaik..

I left my home for the holidays and had a house sitter... He appears to have jacked around with my computer, and "cleared" all my saved passwords... I would not think this messed up my network, but I did not have this problem before I left.

My problem is this. I can fire up Warhawk, get a full server list, join a game, no problem. All works fine on the FIRST time thru...

However...

When I leave the game, and return to the server list to pick another server to join, it does not refresh the server list pings. All I get in that field is ........ or ???????? for every server. I dont have any filtering on.

In order to repopulate the server list with pings, I need to shut the entire PS3 down. Just quitting the game does not help.

I've searched "no server list refresh" and a variety of similar strings, and have yet to come up with a thread that might help troubleshoot.

I'm using a Linksys BEFSR41 wired router.

I originally had the NAT 3 issue (back in october). Until a friend showed me how to do the Port Range Forwarding... This worked and for Nov/December the PS3 indicated NAT 2. and I could refresh warhawk server lists..

Those port range forwarding settings are still enabled on the router config, but maybe I'm missing something else that may have been reset when my house sitter reset everything..

any ideas?

thanks alot pentar i will try this when we get done watching fosters, lol

Veteran
    Items Rolling StonesGTA IVDeadmau5NirvanaSackboyThe BeatlesJoker (limited ICON)Call of Duty: Black OPSGran Turismo 5GTA NikoNaughty DogModern Warfare 3
    i am type 3....wat bebefits to get for changing...i can already play most games.....cant join a c0d4 game tho but can create 1.
    also i never hear ppl talkin on fifa08.....is this because of being nat3???

I have got Nat 3. I already tried the DMZ and the Port Forwarding, both works but not 100%. It still shows Nat 3. I have got a D-Link Router. Can anyone help me?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by GotToyota? View Post
    I can't find where to assign static IP's on my router. I have a Linksys WRT54G. Anyone know how to do it?

I also tried adding the PS3's IP address under the routers DMZ settings, but I'm still Type 3.

-Matt
    Anyone? I'd like to see if I could solve this issue.
    40GB PS3 (PSN: GotToyota)
    COD4, Madden 08, GH3
    30" Samsung HDTV
    BD's owned: 29

thanks alot pentar, worked well

when i tried to do a static ip on my ps3 my laptop said it had an ip confliction and wouldnt let me online on my laptop, and that is a wrt54g router as well.

Veteran
    Items Rolling StonesGTA IVDeadmau5NirvanaSackboyThe BeatlesJoker (limited ICON)Call of Duty: Black OPSGran Turismo 5GTA NikoNaughty DogModern Warfare 3

got it

changed to nat 2 but still cant hear people ....do i need headset or wat??

Thanx for the usefull guide.I was needed when i change from wireless to wired.
    My router its a Draytek Vigor 2700VG and the only change that i made to have NAT 2 was the DMZ set up.

Master Guru
    Doesn't work what so ever for me, my router apparently doesn't work with the ps3, its on the official ps3 forum

You don't assign a static IP address to a device from your router - you do that at the actual device (in this case the PS3 via the network config settings). You need to make sure the address you select is within the range of addresses your router has been configured to process. Assuming your WRT54G is using the standard values you've got a block from 192.168.1.100 on well past the number of actual devices you are likely to have online. Pick a number that's easy to remember (in case your PS3 gets reset for some reason and you have to re-enter) like 192.168.1.150 or -.199; the higher number will avoid the router automatically assigning the same value to another device via DHCP as it starts at the -.1.100 number and works up from there.

Quote Originally Posted by gustave26 View Post
    when i tried to do a static ip on my ps3 my laptop said it had an ip confliction and wouldnt let me online on my laptop, and that is a wrt54g router as well.
    What IP address was assigned to your laptop and what address did you assign to the PS3?

I have NAT 3 with my Linksys router. However, I don't have any problems with online games, and the bluetooth mic works perfectly. Are there other folks out there with NAT 3 that don't encounter any problems with online games...and if so, what's the urgency to achieve NAT 2 status?

Forum Sage
    Because some games don't work, like COD4 for example and I believe Warhawk too.
    "I only regret that I have but one life to give my country."-CPT Hale
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by hockeydude30 View Post
    Because some games don't work, like COD4 for example and I believe Warhawk too.
    Well, I've played COD4 and Resistance online without any problems, including mic communication.

Nat3 to Nat and all is working

Nekon - I followed your instructions to change NAT 3 to NAT 2. It has been working wonderfullly for 3 days now. So I thought I would join the forum and thank you.

I assigned a static IP on PS3, port forwarding on relevent TCP and UDP ports on router, manual config and test of PS3 connection and I saw the change from NAT 3 to NAT 2.

I also assigned a static IP address on my PC (TVersity as the Media Server) and now flawlessly stream video, audio and images to the PS3 displayed through my 37Z3030D. Although unncessaryl having the windows firewall running as well as the router hardware firewall, I opened same ports for the TVersity executable.

Then,... (te he) using remote play I now stream it to the PSP through the PS3 . Don't you just love this stuff ? So next I'll try streaming to my PSP through the PS3 over the internet (airport lounge - whatever).

Thanks - sorted out a week's frustration and all those ugly error messages have gone.

Thread Information