Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast

Yeah but have tried streaming video, audio. images from a DLNA server to your PS3 and on to PSP - that's when you will notice the difference that NAT2 makes )

If you don't know how to forward ports on your router or how to make a static ip-address.

Go to: http://portforward.com

All the info you need.

Well, I succeded in getting to NAT 2 from NAT 3.
    And the problem was not my Linksys router, but the Actiontec M1000 dsl modem. It turns out the modem has a built in router (although it only has one ethernet out jack), so you have to put the modem into transparent bridging mode. I bet this issue is pretty widespread and lot of people are blaming their router when the modem is the problem...

After some playing around and following the Tut it worked great.

Thanks

Worked well for me thnx! Thnx Alot

PS3 60GB Owner | 2.30 Firm. | 2 Sixaxis | Plasma TV - VIZIO 32 inch HD
    Games Owned: Fifa 08, COD 4, NBA 2K7, NHL 08, R:FOM, FNR3, PES 2008

i guys

Currently i have a D-Link DI-524 router hooked up with my speedstream 440 ADSL Modem. I am on this bigpond plan- Your current plan is BigPond ADSL Liberty* (25GB) 20000/1000

Now i have 4 computers hooked up to my wireless network, 1 PS3 and 2 Xboxs.

I want to get a new router cause i keep getting connection drop outs, very slow and with my PS3, i have tried everything to get it to NAT 2 and still cant seem to do it.
    So i want to get a new router that will give all the computers good wireless connection and my gaming consoles also and with the PS3 get NAT 2 to work.

Can you guys please reply and suggest what i should do ASAP as i want to buy this ASAP

Thanks guys heaps! I really appreciate your help

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET MY DLINK DI-524 to work and it just aint happening

Forum Sage
    The Linksys WRT54g works as long as you don't want to do media sharing. Otherwise I know the Netgear's work pretty well too.
    "I only regret that I have but one life to give my country."-CPT Hale
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

Thanks for the help. NAT 3 is gone and now I have NAT2....GAMING HARD!

Forum Sage
    Good glad we could help you get online.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

I have a netgear wpn824 router, my ps3 is down as nat type 3, have nt a clue what to do, I'v tried finding dmz but cant, anyone know what to do

Forum Sage
    It should be in the control panel some where. Can you take a screen shot of your CP and post it in here?

Thanks for the help i never posted here before but i used the walkthrough.

I did everything i could and couldn't get NAT 2 or 1 until i rang my isp and he didn't know what was stopping it so said "give me one hour and I'll see what i can do" 30 mins later he rang and said try it now. IT WORKS!!!! WHOOOT WHOOT!!!!

He said something like it needed a privet ip. What ever that meant??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Sage
    Maybe a static IP to your house most people have that already and I don't see how that would affect it but hey if it works thats good. I guess lesson learned call your ISP if you are having problems.

Apprentice
    hey i dont understand this part of the tutorial

Once your PS3 has an static IP address you need to open up a few ports. In my situation I simply went to

<B>
    Applications & Gaming > Port Range Forward
    </B>
    how do i get to applications and gaming?

Quote Originally Posted by heash View Post
    hey i dont understand this part of the tutorial

how do i get to applications and gaming?
    It's referring to the menu on the router (NOT the PS3). Each router type is going to have some differences but pretty much every SOHO router has some type of menu option similar to that being described. There's a page with a tab labeled just like that for the Linksys, for example.
    I cried because I had no icons until I met a man who had a mouse with no buttons.

Apprentice
    thanks karl, but im a n00b at this, where do i access all the router stuff?
    is it in the control panel?

Forum Sage
    No go to start then run then type cmd in the window type ipconfig. Find the default gateway and type that number in the address bar of you browser.

Quote Originally Posted by heash View Post
    thanks karl, but im a n00b at this, where do i access all the router stuff?
    is it in the control panel?
    Backing up just a bit - the assumption has been that you have a router. Is that a correct assumption? If so, what kind (brand, model)? Most SOHO routers can be configured via a web browser which you point at the IP address of your router. As Hockeydude notes you can find this address, if you don't know it, by opening up a cmd window on a Windows PC that's already working with your router and typing the "IPCONFIG" command and looking at the value (IP address) returned in the field "Default Gateway".

If nothing has been done to change it from the default that value, and therefore the IP address of your router, will most likely be 192.168.1.1.

So if you were to cut and paste "http://192.168.1.1" into the address bar of a browser on your PC it would take you to the login for the router. If it's a Linksys (and, again, if nothing's been changed on it) then you would leave the userid blank and tab to the password field and type "admin". If it's a different router here's where knowing the make and model pays off because you can download most manuals from the website of the maker and the default userid/pw info is usually documented in them.

So - that gets you logged into the router.

Let's see if you can now get that far (and share with us the make and model of your router) and then take the next steps after that if you still have some trouble.
    I cried because I had no icons until I met a man who had a mouse with no buttons.

Apprentice
    ok i think i have done this right with all the port forwarding but its still saying NAT type 3. here is a screenshot of the ports i have opened.

any ideas why it still isnt working?

Forum Sage
    Are you sure that that is your PS3's UP address and it is a static IP? Otherwise every time you turn on your PS3 you could potentially get a different PS3.

i have NAT type 2 but i still have many problems trying to play COD4 online.

Forum Sage
    Its not really your fault if you have a decent connection speed, its the host and IW's fault.

Bazcula

3G NAT3 on PS3

Hello, I own a 3G D-Link Router DIR-451 and have a Huawei E220 usb modem connected to the router as the internet source and my PS3 connected directly by wire to the router. I keep getting NAT3 whatever I try- port forwarding, enabling DMZ, etc. I have also set a static IP for my PS3 but nothing is changing. Just a note, whenever I hook up the usb modem directly to my pc I get different IP addresses: IPCONFIG within the CMD menu gives a totally different IP address than when I visit a site which tells you what IP address you have. It seems that the IP address I am getting from DOS is wrong though because I cannot do a tracert on it, while the other one gives me a result. the emulator for my router is located here: http://www.support.dlink.com/emulators/dir451/login.htm

simply click login and take a look around and please let me know what I can do exactly, thank you.

I have a real hard time playing online because I get disconnected for no apparent reason, cant hear some people talk, and cant connect with friends in the COD4 party system and when it does I get booted after a game or two, please help!

MY EMAIL IS bare_knuckles @ hotmail.com

dude thanks you probably wont read this but i hope you know thank now i can invite friends into my party on cod4

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i dont have a NAT type?? and i cant log at all to psn as of an hour ago. i can surf the net though, please help!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Thread Information