Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Here is my Nat Type 3 story and I hope it'll help a few of you still having problems getting Nat Type2. On my first PS3 HockeyDude30 helped me get Nat 2 and he is a GOD when it comes to routers and helping people. But soon after I got NAT 2 my Blu-ray drive failed and I had to ship my PS3 off. Well, I got my new PS3 and I followed HockeyDudes instructions (like with my first PS3) and no matter what I tried I couldn't get it to NAT 2.

So here's how I got NAT type 2 I wrote my internet provider and here was my fix. I had to type in my modems IP address in Firefox then go to Diagnostic then to the Maintenance section then you just change your modem from the Routing setting to the Bridge setting select OK close it all out then reboot your PC. After everything has rebooted just run a test on your PS3 and you should have NAT 2

I know how fustrating this problem can be and if you've already tried everything just try this and I hope this will be able to help a few of you to get NAT 2.

Superior Member
    WTF!?!?!?!?
    My PS3 just went NAT3 on me!!
    It's been NAT2 before, why change randomly??????????????????????????????????
    EDIT: Just unplugged the router and then plugged it back in and its 2 again. lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "jay-stew-flai"

Quote Originally Posted by T2OY View Post
    you just change your modem from the Routing setting to the Bridge setting select OK close it all out then reboot your PC. After everything has rebooted just run a test on your PS3 and you should have NAT 2
    This worked for me also. I did everything I could to get to NAT 2. I tried port forwarding, DMZ but nothing worked until I set me router to bridge mode.

Life is good now.

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    My system is NAT2 but still people cant join my games on CoD4.

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Apprentice
    Ok, I setup a private IP address for my PS3, enable the DMZ on it and thing everything works great now, except I can't go on the internet on my PC when it is enabled. Anyone know how I can solve this?

Thanks to Thorzilla for the sig

Apprentice

Anyone have any luck getting NAT2 with a Linksys WP54GC (Comcast provided modem)? I've done the port forward, tried DMZ, everything and can not get to NAT2. Although, I'm not terribly concerned because I've had no issues being at NAT3.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by electricpotato View Post
    This worked for me also. I did everything I could to get to NAT 2. I tried port forwarding, DMZ but nothing worked until I set me router to bridge mode.

Life is good now.
    How do I do that with a Linksys WP54GC? I've tried everything else to no avail. I'm hoping this is the answer to my NAT restrictions.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Live25 View Post
    How do I do that with a Linksys WP54GC? I've tried everything else to no avail. I'm hoping this is the answer to my NAT restrictions.
    You don't do it in your router you do it in your modem. You get into your modem the same way you get into your router although you enter in something like 192.168.2.1 depending on your IP. Read the first post on this page for more info. Good Luck!!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by T2OY View Post
    You don't do it in your router you do it in your modem. You get into your modem the same way you get into your router although you enter in something like 192.168.2.1 depending on your IP. Read the first post on this page for more info. Good Luck!!
    Right and there is nowhere in the configuration options to do this with Comcast Cable.

I used 2 have nat type 1 & Now type 2.
    im having problems with Warhawk,i cant play a full match
    ---Irish---Sniper---

B-Man11
    ok so i just upgraded my internet about a month ago and my provider (telus) sent me a new gate way. so anyways i no longer have my linksys router that i thought was pure hell until now. now no matter waht i do i cannot get nat type 2. i have a siemens se 567. no matter what i try it wont change. i have forwarded ports, set static ips etc and nothing is working. my internet provider has no idea what nat type even is so they are completely useless. anyone got any suggestions? i have heard that there is a compatability problem with this gateway and it doesnt evensupport nat type 2.

NAT Type 2 can't be "supported" by the modem/router, you will need to open ports to get NAT Type 2 in your PS.

I'm having major problems with this. My setup is like this:

Speedtouch modem--->D-Link Wireless Router------>PS3 (Wireless)

I have opened ports in both of them (look at the pictures), and I have a static ip adress on the PS3, turned DHCP server off, and set it in DMZ in the D-Link (shouldnt be necesarry because i opened the ports), but I still get NAT Type 3...
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Superior Member
    Your best bet Psyy is to call or e-mail you internet provider and ask them what steps you can take. I also set my router up every way possible but still got NAT3, then I e-mailed my IP, bridged my modem and was instantly home free with NAT2. Free at last, Free at last!!

Apprentice
    Err i just upgraded my POS LInksys BEFSR41 from V3 to V4.1 because my freind gave me his old one after he went wireless

well now i have Nat 3

i took screen shots of all the old settings to compare them from the old router to the new router

nothing different

i opened the ports still nothing

***NVM I I Fixed It, I had to enable some more ports some other person suggested and i had to enable UpNp
    For The People I Help, Rep Is Appreciated =)

Good job man helpped a ton thanks.
    PSN: |Username| DarkJ3JB |Trophy Level| 4
    Hardware: |TV| 32' Sharp 1080P |PS3| 320 GB
    Collection: |Games| 7 |PSN| 8 |Blurays| 40

N1 Vision

Just an FYI for those who own or are thinking about owning Belkins cool looking N1 Vision Router it too can be configured to show NAT type 2.
    Out of the box it was giving me a type 3, but after enabling port forwarding under the virtual servers settings and UPNP I was able to get type 2.

This NAT problem was doing my head in..couldn`t get NAT 2 no matter what.
    Scoured the Web and eventually came up with the following...
    Now I`m on NAT 1 wirelessy, anyway, here we go:

* Internet Connections Settings
    * Select a Setting Method = Custom
    * Select a Connection Method = Wireless
    * WLAN Security Setting = Enter your WEP/WPA if you have one
    * IP Address Settings = PPPOE
    * Enter your USERNAME and PASSWORD for your Internet Provider
    * DNS = Auto
    * MTU = 1500
    * Proxy Server = Do Not Use
    * UPnP = Enable

And that should be it. No more lag in COD 4!!!:2gun:

I am normally Nat 2, but recently have fluctuated between Nat 2 and Nat 3 .... however I believe this is down to a faulty home hub that I am having replaced

Dedicated Member
    I have a problem right now, i dont know why, but when i sign into PSN it logs me back out becuase of an Error, but everything is working fine, Type 2 NAT.
    PLEASE HELP!
    And anyone know how to get a WEP Connection password?my router is like right beside me, and i get like 85% connection!O_O

PSN --> DahrkKill
    XBL GT --> DahrkKill Add me on xbox/ps3 if you can

acetech
    Quote Originally Posted by darkiewonder View Post
    Awesome thread.

I was already running under Nat2 Type connection from the beginning. But hope this helps others in need?

for those who would like some extra help in forwarding any ports on there router there is a website called portforward.com.

They have most if not all types of routers in regards to HOWTO set up your router to enable port forwarding and giving yourself a static ip address rather than a DHCP ip address.

The problem with a DHCP address is that a piece of hardware on your network ie: PS3 - might have for example an IP address of 192.168.2.7 one day and 192.168.2.5 the next.

So if you have placed the PS3 in the DMZ under a DHCP IP address it wont do it any good the following day or the next time your PS3 joins the network,
    so give it a static IP addy and you will be gauranteed the address of your PS3 wont change and that your laptop or PC is not acccidentally placed in the DMZ

I recommend giving a static ip to all PC's and Laptops ,PS3's XBOX360's if you have a home network - remember to switch DHCP off when you have

acetech
    Quote Originally Posted by SDiablo123 View Post
    I have a problem right now, i dont know why, but when i sign into PSN it logs me back out becuase of an Error, but everything is working fine, Type 2 NAT.
    PLEASE HELP!
    And anyone know how to get a WEP Connection password?my router is like right beside me, and i get like 85% connection!O_O
    A WEP connection password - you should not be using WEP as your home network security as it is easily bypassed.

If your router is right beside you why dont you use an ethernet cable to run from your router to your PS3 - what happens when you join the PSN then ?

if you want to get into the router config read the manual according to your router - some you just have to type into the browser 192.168.1.1 or summit similair - most router configs if a password has not been set is by default blank

Quote Originally Posted by SDiablo123 View Post
    PLEASE HELP!

yeh mine is doing the same thing. I jut can't get onto PSN to play online

no idea what the problem is

BiggBoss
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Man11 View Post
    ok so i just upgraded my internet about a month ago and my provider (telus) sent me a new gate way. so anyways i no longer have my linksys router that i thought was pure hell until now. now no matter waht i do i cannot get nat type 2. i have a siemens se 567. no matter what i try it wont change. i have forwarded ports, set static ips etc and nothing is working. my internet provider has no idea what nat type even is so they are completely useless. anyone got any suggestions? i have heard that there is a compatability problem with this gateway and it doesnt evensupport nat type 2.
    I have the SE567 as well. There needs to be a support group for this device. If anybody has this one or the SpeedStream 6520 (I have both because my ISP thought that one would fix it), please post how you got NAT Type 3 with it.

BiggBoss
    It's funny that I posted, because I finally got my Siemens Gigaset SE567 to go from NAT Type 3 to NAT Type 2! It can be done!

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CashoPS3 View Post
    This NAT problem was doing my head in..couldn`t get NAT 2 no matter what.
    Scoured the Web and eventually came up with the following...
    Now I`m on NAT 1 wirelessy, anyway, here we go:

* Internet Connections Settings
    * Select a Setting Method = Custom
    * Select a Connection Method = Wireless
    * WLAN Security Setting = Enter your WEP/WPA if you have one
    * IP Address Settings = PPPOE
    * Enter your USERNAME and PASSWORD for your Internet Provider
    * DNS = Auto
    * MTU = 1500
    * Proxy Server = Do Not Use
    * UPnP = Enable

And that should be it. No more lag in COD 4!!!:2gun:
    That doesnt work for me, it wont even Obtain the IP Address.
    I can get it to go online but it signs me out about 10 mins later.
    Any ideas?

PSN --> DahrkKill
    XBL GT --> DahrkKill Add me on xbox/ps3 if you can

Thread Information