Latest PSU headlines:

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1020 ... LastLast
    anarchoi
    i ALWAYS get disconnected from online games for no reason, i don't understand why because i have a very good high-speed internet connexion (500kb/s download, 80kb/s upload). I tryed it with a lot of different games, and i always have the same poblem..

I tryed all solutions i came across and it still doesn't work. Yes, i have set up a static IP in the DMZ for my ps3 and forwarded all the ports correctly.

when i get disconnected, my computer stays online without getting disconnected, so it's not my whole internet that crashes, i just get kicked out of the game i am playing

- i use wired connection with ethernet cable, NOT WIFI

- i tryed to desactivate the ps3 media server, it seems to help but i still keep getting disconnected

- when i do the network test on playstation, i get "Type 2 NAT"

- i don't have this problem when playing games on my PC

- my playstation3 is brand new (bought it less than a month ago) just like my ethernet cable.

I use a router (D-LINK DI-624) but even if i plug my ethernet cable right in the modem without using my router i have the same problems

No, i never download anything at the same time when i'm playing on my PS3

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, i'm desperate and i think i'm just going to stop playing online games

Note : I wanted to start my own topic but i don't feel like posting 50 posts only to get help so i'm posting here.

helpmeoprah
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchoi View Post
    i ALWAYS get disconnected from online games for no reason, i don't understand why because i have a very good high-speed internet connexion (500kb/s download, 80kb/s upload). I tryed it with a lot of different games, and i always have the same poblem..

I tryed all solutions i came across and it still doesn't work. Yes, i have set up a static IP in the DMZ for my ps3 and forwarded all the ports correctly.

when i get disconnected, my computer stays online without getting disconnected, so it's not my whole internet that crashes, i just get kicked out of the game i am playing

- i use wired connection with ethernet cable, NOT WIFI

- i tryed to desactivate the ps3 media server, it seems to help but i still keep getting disconnected

- when i do the network test on playstation, i get "Type 2 NAT"

- i don't have this problem when playing games on my PC

- my playstation3 is brand new (bought it less than a month ago) just like my ethernet cable.

I use a router (D-LINK DI-624) but even if i plug my ethernet cable right in the modem without using my router i have the same problems

No, i never download anything at the same time when i'm playing on my PS3

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, i'm desperate and i think i'm just going to stop playing online games

Note : I wanted to start my own topic but i don't feel like posting 50 posts only to get help so i'm posting here.

try shutting off your computer when you try and play, it's hogging the internet, when my labtop is on it has to have the internet shut off or it tries to hog the connection and i always end up being laggy or just keep getting booted

This is the problem I'm getting. I get Nat Type 2 on both of my PS3 consoles. But when I play MW2, one PS3 will have an Open Nat, the other will be moderate, or worse, strict.

My PS3 is connected wireless, the other wired. I already set up Static Ip.

Any help? I've also done port Forwarding, but don't know what protocol to select, so I just select the option both.
    GTAPortable.com

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargr View Post
    This is the problem I'm getting. I get Nat Type 2 on both of my PS3 consoles. But when I play MW2, one PS3 will have an Open Nat, the other will be moderate, or worse, strict.

My PS3 is connected wireless, the other wired. I already set up Static Ip.

Any help? I've also done port Forwarding, but don't know what protocol to select, so I just select the option both.
    Did you try putting both of them in the DMZ instead of just forwarding ports?
    "I only regret that I have but one life to give my country."-CPT Hale
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

Elite Member
    For anyone using a Linksys WRT54G (Possibly other linksys routers as well ) UPdate your firmware on the router. My router had a glitch with UPNP. After a update, it helped big time.

ty for info

DJA747
    I assume that by opening ports that you allow them through your firewall?
    Also, I put my IP in the DMZ. Is that all I need to do?
    On my router's online page, it says I have a Dynamic connection type. Although, as far as I know my IP doesn't usually change when its on forums and such. Plus, when I put my IP(I have an IP widget to tell me, its handy), it doesn't match the static IP under the DMZ section of the info page. I can get a screen shot if needed. I apologize for any confusion.
    (Sorry if I am asking reptitive questions)
    Last edited by DJA747; 11-25-2010 at 23:00.

OH MY GOD...cannot get my nat 3 to change to a 2 have a linksys wrt54 g router and a speedstream 4200 modem Freaking tried everything for 3 days now .....PLEASE HELP ME

EliteGamer2410
    Thanks for tutorial

in the ppoe but broadband1 for the username and password

Dante Hyabusa
    Like a retard i went and traded my xbox for a ps3 (don't get mad at me for saying that) I love both systems but the ps 3 is proving to be a pain in the testicles.
    This NAT 3 issue is whats pissing me off....i was played marvel vs capcom and it kept diconnecting and i read a whole bunch of articles on changing the NAT type to NAT 2....

I tried what the website described but to no avaial...

The question i am asking is that if i have an older modem/router (D-LINK DSL 504 G) could that be my problem? If so tell me what modem i should get! Also is it normal for the ps 3 to take forever to install game files? I have played a few games and my installs sometimes takes about 10 minutes....xbox used to take maybe a minute....just a question and thanks for any help

thx just what i needed

kinda difficult but thanks anyways..

Super Elite
    My nat type is 2, however is stict most of the time on mw3. I did put it into a DMZ already, not really sure what else to do now. There are 5 other people who use the the internet...not at the same time, so....

Aloke
    To the ones who still have problems even after forwarding... I suggest to contact your ISP. I contacted mine and found out, that all my ports are blocked. I let them open them and after that forwarding made everything work

Superior Member
    I got an upgrade on my DSL modem late last year totally fixed the whole deal. Am guessing a lot of NAT 3 result come from old DSL modem.

PSN ID
    LadyHazard
    Having a moderate or strict nat type can cause so many problems not only for yourself but for those you are gaming with. Unfortunately some people don't believe you. I also have a problem with people having their laptop/pc on at the same time as gaming so I did a test. I started downloading on my laptop and then started gaming on the PS3. My ping went from the usual 30 to 135 therefore making gaming impossible.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I have been trying since I got my PS3 to make my NAT type go from Moderate to Open, but for some reason it just doesn't seem to be possible on my PS3. I can do it on my 360 with no issues. It just worked like that from the start with my 360, so I'll never understand why the PS3 just won't do as I tell it.

It's one of the main reasons I rarely play online on my PS3 cause I lag a lot more and it pisses me off.

Thanks for the information. Very informative post.

thanks

Apprentice

I`ve got mine set up pretty good, just something I`m gonna check though is
    NAT1, NAT2, NAT3.
    I always gets OPEN NAT in games Blops , MW3 etc etc....so i no I get a good nat `Type`....always `NAT Type2`.

All hardware in the house are hardwired, (exept mobile/tablets) and constantly get a good 37Mb DOWNLOAD and 7.5Mb UPLOAD.
    My PS3 has a static (Local) I.P address reserved for it and the DMZ is pointed to that I.P. Address.
    Once i setup the connection via the XMB I`ll tell me I have a NAT type2, but the estimated dowload/upload is very random.

I`ve made sure nothing else is on while tesing and sometimes It `estimates` 20Mb down/6MbUP, and straight after It`ll say 5Mb-DOWN/2Mb-UP.
    But i know that if i go on the PC I get consistant 36->38Mb all the time.
    I`ve got the XMB set as CUSTOM-->WIRED-->AUTO DETECT->auto DNS->default MTU_>and UpnP OFF (as I`ve got DMZ active for poert-forwarding)

any ideas ?
    thanks.

PSN ID
    mints59
    thank you !

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    sometimes when i play cod blops 2 i have open nat and then sometimes i have mod nat should i leave it?? or just go to dmz

PSN ID
    SOSnJo
    great thread

This is an awesome Gaming forum I was really looking and expecting this type of forum hi to all friends.
    Last edited by rosa987; 05-29-2013 at 13:27. Reason: anti spaming campaign

Thread Information