Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by curare View Post
    I was at NAT3 also, and I used your suggestion of putting the PS3 IP at the DMZ on the router WAN setup page.

Voila! NAT2, brilliant! I hope there isn't any downside to doing this. Now to just get the PC to PS3 file server stuff enabled.

Thanks for the tip.
    Glad it helped There's no downside really.. it's as if there was no router now, since the PS# isn't a PC it's not in any harm.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfIllusions View Post
    i also hae a linksys router but i dont have a mac how do i get to that page to open up the ports??
    PM Sent.

Samsung HL-S5087W 50" DLP Display
    Yamaha RX-V2700 AV Receiver
    Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium
    Sony Playstation 3 @ 1080p

Master Poster
    well whatever amount of screwing around in were you directed me seeme to make it work dont know what i did right but know it says nat type 2 thank you for you help and if so get back to me on on what i asked you about

plus rep for you +

Might as well save me the trouble and put your face in my cross-hairs, Why delay the inevitable?

Apprentice

Correct me if I am wrong, but the quick summary of this is that the internet needs direct access to the following ports on the PS3 in order to be considered NAT 2:

TCP: 80, 443, 5223
    UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658

So, basically, that's all you need to set up (likely through some sort of port forwarding)

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by psunittany View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but the quick summary of this is that the internet needs direct access to the following ports on the PS3 in order to be considered NAT 2:

So, basically, that's all you need to set up (likely through some sort of port forwarding)
    Where:

TCP:
    80 => HTTP
    443 => HTTPS
    5223 => XMPP/Jabber server (SSL)

UDP:
    3478 =>???
    3479 => ???
    3658 => ???

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by psunittany View Post

yep, more or less it's all in there.. Lots of people aren't even familiar with these sorts of things so you've got to give them some background info too.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by nekon View Post
    yep, more or less it's all in there.. Lots of people aren't even familiar with these sorts of things so you've got to give them some background info too.
    Completely understand and agree. I will gladly try to help as much as I can (if needed) by monitoring this thread and trying to help answer problems and questions. I am new to the PS3 world (about a week now). I am at work right now, and can't spend much time on here.

Well, I am having trouble staying connected to the PSN network. I am going through a Linksys router, and everything worked fine until I undated last night to 1.8. Now i can not stay connect it kicks me off. I did the internet test as stated in the first post...NAT type: FAILED...fixed my settings on the router to open up those ports, now it says the same thing..it did say NAT2 at one point but now it is not....any help would be great!

I get these two error message
    80710101---when log in to PSN error occurs
    80130208---when NAT FAILED appears

alvaro_1217
    ive tried almost everything and i cant get my ps3 to get NAT type2. it always gets NAT type 3. i have a 60g ps3 (with wifi) a wirless router netgear WGR614. i tried dmz ,port forwarding,disable firewall,everything that it says in the form and cant get it to work.the only thing that works is upnp avialible. it logsinto the PSN but on some friends i cant voicechat because it says that i got NAT type3 can someone please help me... thank you

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbark View Post
    Well, I am having trouble staying connected to the PSN network. I am going through a Linksys router, and everything worked fine until I undated last night to 1.8. Now i can not stay connect it kicks me off. I did the internet test as stated in the first post...NAT type: FAILED...fixed my settings on the router to open up those ports, now it says the same thing..it did say NAT2 at one point but now it is not....any help would be great!

I get these two error message
    80710101---when log in to PSN error occurs
    80130208---when NAT FAILED appears
    Are you wifi connected or wired? Can you DMZ the PS3 in your router? Some people are just having issues after the update.. I haven't seen those errors myself.

Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_1217 View Post
    ive tried almost everything and i cant get my ps3 to get NAT type2. it always gets NAT type 3. i have a 60g ps3 (with wifi) a wirless router netgear WGR614. i tried dmz ,port forwarding,disable firewall,everything that it says in the form and cant get it to work.the only thing that works is upnp avialible. it logsinto the PSN but on some friends i cant voicechat because it says that i got NAT type3 can someone please help me... thank you
    Disable UPnP then try DMZ or port forwading.

alvaro_1217
    RE: Disable UPnP then try DMZ or port forwading.

tried that too but didnt work any other suggestions. please help me.

Forum Elder
    RE: Disable UPnP then try DMZ or port forwading.

tried that too but didnt work any other suggestions. please help me.
    There are no other options.. Either UPnP works or you disable it and manually forward the ports, or you just DMZ the PS3. That's it when it comes to using a router. If I were you I'd start from scratch both on the PS3 side and the router.. try it all again because you must be doing something wrong.. and don't forget to power cycyle everything before you try it. good luck.

Apprentice

thank you! now i have nat 2 again with my linksys router

Superior Member
    alvaro_1217 my D-Link doesn't like Firefox to change some of the setting, try IE if you are using Firefox or some other browser. And make sure to apply and/or save setting once you have changed them, as I have been caught out with that.. forgetting to save the setting before I rebooted the router!
    PS3 Arrived 26 March and enjoying every minute: HD TV Funds : 400 (Toshiba or Sony ???)
    PS3 VS Xbox 360: Quietest Fan?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Believe in me!
    Great tut Nekon!
    I'll change mine to NAT2 tonight when I get home from work
    Although, I've never had any problems with NAT3 either :/
    Is there a great benefit in changing NAT types?
    "Believe in me, who believes in you!"

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaako View Post
    Great tut Nekon!
    I'll change mine to NAT2 tonight when I get home from work
    Although, I've never had any problems with NAT3 either :/
    Is there a great benefit in changing NAT types?
    No problem, and yeah there is.. NAT 3 has some communication issues. Long story short if you're behind a router you want NAT 2, if your not then you should be NAT 1. good luck!

alvaro_1217
    I FANAILY GOT IT TO NAT 2 AFTER 12 HRS OF WORK (LOL) FOR PEOPLE THAT DONT WORK THIS IS WHAT I DID I REINSTALL MY ROUTER I OPEN ALL PORTS AND ALSO OPEN THEM ON YOUR BRODBAND MODEM TOO. SEE IF THAT WILL WORK FOR SOME OF YA. THANKS FOR HELP.

Superior Member
    I FANAILY GOT IT TO NAT 2 AFTER 12 HRS OF WORK (LOL) FOR PEOPLE THAT DONT WORK THIS IS WHAT I DID I REINSTALL MY ROUTER I OPEN ALL PORTS AND ALSO OPEN THEM ON YOUR BRODBAND MODEM TOO. SEE IF THAT WILL WORK FOR SOME OF YA. THANKS FOR HELP.
    Just remember to have a firewall software running on your PC if all the ports are open!
    PS3 Arrived 26 March and enjoying every minute: HD TV Funds : 400 (Toshiba or Sony ???)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It dont work for me did open al the ports still NAT3
    I have a linksys wrt54g and behind that a modem that also can function as a router so maybe i have to open ports there

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    Does he mean night type by saying Nat type or what?

Superior Member

I finally changed my NAT Type to a 2.....

All I sign in to my Modem... lol i finally found out the password to it..ADMIN ADMIN

well then i put the DMZ host as my PS3's IP ADRESS
    OFFICIALLY RETIRED*

Quote Originally Posted by IWAO View Post
    Does he mean night type by saying Nat type or what?
    try reading the thread before posting.

My modem is the Netgear 8*** cant remember the rest but yeah, wireless modem / router combo. I am on the DSL2 (Australian) network through optus, and well, the Router hates their network. So i get constant dropouts etc. So i couldnt tell if it was due to FW 1.8 or my crap net. I will forward the ports and set a static IP when i get home from work, and see if it makes a difference.

andy8784
    Just a quick note on this, since I updated to the 1.80 firmware my NAT type changed to 3, but if you disable the Media Server connection then it will change back to NAT type 2.

ar3dbear
    Hey man!
    I have the same problem whit my linksys router, when I follow this tutorial, I can't seem to find the NAT you talk about.
    I go to Connection Test, and when it comletes it shows two things: "Obtain IP address : succeeded, Internet Connection Succeeded" and thats it, nothing NAT or anything..
    Help?

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ar3dbear View Post
    Hey man!
    I have the same problem whit my linksys router, when I follow this tutorial, I can't seem to find the NAT you talk about.
    I go to Connection Test, and when it comletes it shows two things: "Obtain IP address : succeeded, Internet Connection Succeeded" and thats it, nothing NAT or anything..
    Help?
    Are you talking about the screen on the PS3? If so Slide down to the bottom, it is the last two you are look at PNP and NAT. Sometimes it does not show you anything so just restart the PS3 and have a look.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by andy8784 View Post
    Just a quick note on this, since I updated to the 1.80 firmware my NAT type changed to 3, but if you disable the Media Server connection then it will change back to NAT type 2.
    You know that means that means you just need to open something up, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ar3dbear View Post
    Hey man!
    Help?
    It doesn't look like this?

Thread Information