Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Hey if you are getting kicked off after the 1.8 update and you have a Linksys router turn media sharing OFF on the PS3 this will fix all. The media sharing causes your router to crash and reset, like for example my whole network kept dying. Hopefully Linksys comes out with a fix. Or you can install a Linux firmware on the router but be real careful, especially if you have a PPPoE/DSL account.
    "I only regret that I have but one life to give my country."-CPT Hale
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

bigdawgali
    how do you setup a static IP address for the PS3 using its MAC address?

the DHCP in my router automatically assigns IP addresses and once in a while the IP address that was for the PS3 will change to the ip address for my computer in the basement/room/etc... so i can't do port forwarding..

i have a Linksys WRT54G router.. thanks for the help guys

ar3dbear
    It does not look like that (the picture you posted), it only shows me the two first lines (ip and internet connection succeeded). So I don't know what NAT I have, but it's probably NAT 3, cause I can't seem to stay connected.

Thanks for the tutorial, Nekon.

I never had a problem with NAT3 until I started playing Warhawk. It was really annoying hearing nothing but static, and not being able to communicate with anybody. I had already opened the ports, but it still didn't work. It wasn't until I read this sticky that I realized I was missing the last UDP port. Now I'm NAT2 and static-free.

If only I could stop getting disconnected from the PSN everytime I exit a game. Disabling the Media Server is a crappy fix, so I hope it gets addressed soon.

bigdawgali
    the DHCP in my router automatically assigns IP addresses and once in a while the IP address that was for the PS3 will change to the ip address for my computer in the basement/room/etc... so i can't do port forwarding..
    I found it easier to assign Static IPs to my PCs on my network. I opened the ports up for .100 and gave my other PCs .101 and .102. It pretty much forces my PS3 to use .100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Aim-Assist is for lames.

Superior Member
    a friend of mine, can only get the media center connected in nat 3 when it is disabled he is at nat 2 does anyone know a fix for this or is it just a router issue?

also was wondering how you set a static ip for the ps3 using a linksys wirless router?

Forum Sage
    I have that router so I will full around with it but I think you can just give that one a static IP if not you can just give them all.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

bigdawgali
    thanks for the info dudes... i found a way to assign a static IP to the ps3...

On the PS3:
    under settings>network settings>manual setup

it'll ask what ip address you want to use... my network is setup like 192.168.1.1 (router) - so i gave the ps3 192.168.1.120 (no other device on my LAN has that ip) cause i have it set for a range starting from 192.168.1.100-140(end) in the router config... (yours could be different)

then i added the DNS IPs, which can be found under the "status" menu of your router (linksys in this case) and i also had to enter the subnet mask which in all likely hood would be 255.255.255.0 and then saved the network changes in the ps3...

went to my router's config page and forwarded the ports that were mentioned in the first post to the ip address of the ps3 192.168.1.120 (setup earlier...)

i now get the nat type 2 when doing test connection...

hope this lil guide helps some of you that couldn't follow the whole MAC setup mentioned in the first post...

Superior Member
    It didn't work, but I didn't expect it to anyways. My internet connection is special. Kind of like being on a campus situation but not really.
    Rising Stuff - I like import games, so there!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Im using a bt home hub, Just wanting to know if anyone else is having same problem as im having staying on nat 2. Ive assigned the static ip, forwarded the ports etc and when I power cycle the router and then connect the ps3 up I get into nat 2. But when I switch off the ps3 and connect say the next day, Its on nat 3. I havnt really needed it to be on nat 2 so far, only when I rented out cod3, but its annoying all the same. Just wondered if anyone knew what I am doing wrong cos bt sure dont know when I try to get help from them. I read about this dmz thing on here, im havnt tried that cos I dont know what to put in.

Apprentice
    Tried this, no good for me :S So do I enter the TCP and UDP numbers as the start and the end? So I have 6 applications ( so like start 80, end 80)? or is that wrong? And do I use my Ps3's IP address?? ne help would be great, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by xEldraDx View Post
    Tried this, no good for me :S So do I enter the TCP and UDP numbers as the start and the end? So I have 6 applications ( so like start 80, end 80)? or is that wrong? And do I use my Ps3's IP address?? ne help would be great, thanks!
    Yea, use the same number for start and end. I used the PS3s IP that I set (192.168.1.6 in my case). I setup a static IP for the ps3 from reading bigdawgali's post. Power cycled both system and router and tested. Now I have NAT 2.
    How do I rep bigdawgali?
    PS3-60gb
    50" Samsung
    Denon 7.1

Hmm, can't seem to get it working with my linksys router - am i doing something wrong? Have set my ps3 to have a fixed IP address at 192.168.1.12 in the network settings page of the PS3. If I set my DMZ on the router to direct to this IP, I get nat 2, but can't get the port forwarding thing to work, despite power cycling. I don't want to use the dmz method as I use this for one of my server machines, and don't want to have to keep changing it.

Do I have to have a certain application name when setting up the ports, or can this be anything? I've used ps3 just to remind me in the future.

This is my router page after applying the settings:

BTW, uPNP is enabled on the router, and I think it's working, although the PS3 connections test report it as disabled.

Cheers
    Jon

Forum Sage
    Just thinking about this and guys if you have NAT 3 and UPnP is disabled enable it! UPnP allows the device to atomatically configure the ports, so like the PS3 would automatically forward and trigger the ports that it needs!

Elite Guru
    My PS3 for some reason changed from Type 2 to Type 3 sometime after I applied for the Warhawk beta. I remember it being type 2 as I looked when I signed up. But I went back just to make sure I wasn't looked over because I had it wrong and it had changed to Type 3. Any ideas what happen. I have my PS3 wired to my Linksys and it does share with several other computers in the house.

Forum Sage
    This happened to me last nigh after I moved my PS3. Turns out some how my router turned UPnP off, I would go to your router config panel and make sure that UPnP is on. If it is and it still is not working stick it in the DMZ.

Like everyone else i've been having the same problems funny enough i just took the set up disk that came with my linsys router and it solved all my problems for now anyways. Ive had nat2 one day and nat3 the next without making any changes to the router i dont understand it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Tyrade
    ya so i did all of the port forwarding and i tried the DMZ way an neither of them work...static ip is set and everything...lol by laws of computer this should work be we all know that the more you know about computers...the more goes wrong...

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrade View Post
    ya so i did all of the port forwarding and i tried the DMZ way an neither of them work...static ip is set and everything...lol by laws of computer this should work be we all know that the more you know about computers...the more goes wrong...
    lol so true.. So you DMZ'd the PS3 and it didn't work? Did you power cycle everything? The only thing I could say is start from scratch and try again.

Samsung HL-S5087W 50" DLP Display
    Yamaha RX-V2700 AV Receiver
    Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium
    Sony Playstation 3 @ 1080p

Forum Sage
    Did he have UpNP enabled or disabled?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Tyrade
    it is enabled...so i dont see why it wouldnt work...

Forum Sage
    Yeah if its enabled the PS3 is suppose to be able to automatically do the ports. Try sticking it in the DMZ, what kind of router is this again?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Tyrade
    WRT54G Linksys is the router...i put it in DMZ...power cycled..and still nothing

I have a SMC router and for this image below I think it is where I change my NAT type because of the text. Can someone make a Paint/photoshop image to my image to how it looks? I would be very appreciated.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h8...a/Semttulo.jpg

Hiya, Im In england and ive got the english ps3 On nat type 3.
    i think thats the reason i keep disconnecting from resistance fall of man.
    i really need to know how to go to nat type 2. although i dont have the link applications and gaming on my ps3 but ive got a D-link Router.
    Can you tell me how to assign my ps3 an ip adress ? do i do it from my computer which is connected to the router ?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Tyrade
    you guys should both be able to follow the instructions at the beginning...

Thread Information