Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast
    Ok. I'm having similar issues to a couple of ppl who have posted in this thread.

I'm using a Netgear DG834PN wireless AP/router. UPnP is enabled on the AP, but my PS3 is detecting it as disabled. Consequently, I'm getting NAT3.

UPnP is working for my PCs that are connected to the AP, so it's got to be something specific to the PS3. Any ideas?

On the PS3, the wireless connection is extremely slow compared to a wired connection. Sometimes, it just won't connect at all when it's wireless, but wired never has an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBonk View Post
    Ok. I'm having similar issues to a couple of ppl who have posted in this thread.

I'm using a Netgear DG834PN wireless AP/router. UPnP is enabled on the AP, but my PS3 is detecting it as disabled. Consequently, I'm getting NAT3.

UPnP is working for my PCs that are connected to the AP, so it's got to be something specific to the PS3. Any ideas?

On the PS3, the wireless connection is extremely slow compared to a wired connection. Sometimes, it just won't connect at all when it's wireless, but wired never has an issue.
    Ok, I've had a bit more of a play around and ended up putting the PS3 in the DMZ, which gave me NAT2. However, it's still noticeably slower than when I run it cabled to the router. It's very slow to log on and actually times out maybe 1 in 5 times I try

Master Guru
    hasn't worked for me lol
    could anyone help, i have a Netgear router, does anyone know how to make my PS3 NAT type 2 with ANY Netgear router?
    cheers

Forum Sage
    If you have a Linksys router flash it and that solves all your problems, for other routers try sticking it in the DMZ and make sure UPnP is enabled if you have it
    "I only regret that I have but one life to give my country."-CPT Hale
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Šopyright View Post
    hasn't worked for me lol
    could anyone help, i have a Netgear router, does anyone know how to make my PS3 NAT type 2 with ANY Netgear router?
    cheers
    What model router do you have?

I've got a DG834PN wireless access point and I had to make the 'default DMZ server' the IP that I have reserved for the PS3. After that it came back as NAT2.

bunglesprout
    Hi all, my first post. Came across this forum when I found out by chance I was NAT3, the help in the op was invaluble to me. I am no techy, but after a bit of fiddling about, I found the UPnP on my belkin router was disabled. Enabled it, and now i'm NAT2.

Really pleased to have come across a forum which isn't just flaming and trolling. Thanks guys.

Forum Sage
    Welcome to the forums and yeah putting UPnP on fixes the problem, or at least it is suppose to.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by hockeydude30 View Post
    Welcome to the forums and yeah putting UPnP on fixes the problem, or at least it is suppose to.
    With UPnP enabled on my AP, my PS3 doesn't see it. It keeps telling me UPnP is unavailable, even though I've verified that it's definitely on and working (via a couple of PCs I have on the same AP). Very odd.

Forum Sage
    That is odd, thats why I said suppose to work, as your probably know, computers don't always work the way they are suppose to >_<

Ishimaru Kaito
    well i'm stuck, do you know where i can locate his DMZ

It took me like 10 hours to figure out that i only had to switch the thing that says Media Servers from enable to disable. Also, enable the UPnP. Try this first before you mess around with anything else.

PSN: FerrariUNO

i havent had problems with nat but now if i ever do i can refer to this add me on psn Don_Corleone_Z i got RFOM,COD3,R6V home beta and all the current ps store games

*Chris*
    I FOLLOWED THAT GUIDE THING, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ACCESS PORTS.

ITS REALLY ANNOYING ME, I HAVE BEEN LOOKING ON MY PC FOR HOURS.

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE, I WANT TO GET RID OF THAT STUPID NAT TYPE 3.

Please I want to be able to talk to people online, and I don't understand how to 'port forward' and there is nothing on my computer that says anything of the sort.

I'm so annoyed, please help.

Forum Sage
    Got to start and then CMD and then type ipconfig /all and the gateway is how you access your router, from there you can forward ports.

i've done everything and i have a Nat 2.. but it seems lately i get disconnected while im playin RSV.. it tells me it's a DNS error.. or I've been signed out of PSN. So I figured I'd connect the modem directly to the ps3 and i still have the same issues.. Do you know if this is because of my settings or just my connection?

Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_1217 View Post
    I FANAILY GOT IT TO NAT 2 AFTER 12 HRS OF WORK (LOL) FOR PEOPLE THAT DONT WORK THIS IS WHAT I DID I REINSTALL MY ROUTER I OPEN ALL PORTS AND ALSO OPEN THEM ON YOUR BRODBAND MODEM TOO. SEE IF THAT WILL WORK FOR SOME OF YA. THANKS FOR HELP.
    Can anyone tell me how this is done?

I have the same NETGEAR Router WGR614v5 and I've done everything in the tutorials from this site and others. DMZ, Port Fwd, Static IP, Upnp on/off...and so on.

I'm thinking my problem is the modem itself, not the router. I've PM'd ALVARO but if anyone else has an idea...I'd REALLY like to try DARKNESS online! It won't let you play without +NAT2.

UPDATED: I now know it's the BROADBAND MODEM causing the problem. I took my router out of the equation and went directly from my DSL MODEM to the PS3 and got NAT3. Also, if I try putting my own IP address into the browser window (NOT my ROUTER IP) I get access denied. I know how to log in to the router settings, but how can you log into your MODEM settings?

I'm on Bell Canada Sympatico using the Speedstream 4200.
    PSN: Jetdriver
    ...and yes, I really do drive a jet (CRJ900)
    Toshiba 47"LX196 1080P
    60Gb PS3

Forum Sage
    Well I know that my modem is weird and I had to configure it to allow a router to be used with it. Try plugging your computer right into the modem and then log in and see what options it is giving you, its possible that it is blocking the ports too.

Well I know that my modem is weird and I had to configure it to allow a router to be used with it. Try plugging your computer right into the modem and then log in and see what options it is giving you, its possible that it is blocking the ports too.
    Thanks man but I'm not sure how to log in to the MODEM?

I know the way with my router (http://192.168.X.X)

I'm got the NETGEAR WGR614v5 Router and Speedstream 4200 MODEM.
    Toshiba 47"LX196 1080P
    60Gb PS3

Forum Sage
    Plug your modem directly into your computer and then run CMD and the ipconfig command the default gateway should be the right one.

I was able to login in to my modem but it gives no options other than to change a few minor things. There was nothing there about ports or anything like what you see on a router page.

So is there anyone out there with BELL CANADA INTERNET that has +NAT2?

Or am I going to have to change ISPs?

I think this whole NAT thing is BS anyways since I can get 3000kb/s on my PS3.
    Toshiba 47"LX196 1080P
    60Gb PS3

Forum Sage
    Sorry I can't help you out there, you tried sticking your PS3 in the DMZ and it didn't work? That is really really weird.

Sorry I can't help you out there, you tried sticking your PS3 in the DMZ and it didn't work? That is really really weird.
    "Theorhetically" when I bypassed my router and plugged directly into the modem, I should have got NAT1 or at least NAT 2. I still got NAT 3 though. I'm going to try taking my PS3 to a buddy's house who has a different ISP. If it works, I'll switch. The tech people from India have been ZERO help. The best answer they give me is "Talk to Sony, it's out of our scope.".

In the meantime, if anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them, I'm almost out of hair to pull out!
    Toshiba 47"LX196 1080P
    60Gb PS3

Forum Sage
    I would say its your ISP then because thats the only thing I can think of, lol Indida is never much help so I would just ask them why your Nat type is 3 and try a couple of people or ask for some one higher up they usually know more stuff, but sorry I can't help you fix your problem.

Elite Member
    how do i assign a static IP adress to the ps3? o.o
    Raziel123's 2007 awards:
    Best Action: Heavenly Sword Best Adventure: Uncharted Best FPS: Bioshock Best RPG: Mass Effect Best Sports: Fifa 08 Best Platformer: Ratchet Best Graphics: Uncharted Biggest Disappointment: Halo 3

Forum Sage
    I also get the NAT 3 error when using an ethernet cable from my PS3 to my router but I can play games online without any problems. Wireless is a different matter - it will not work at all.

I probably unwittingly set my PS3 IP the same as my computer (I got a yellow exclamation mark in my system tray).

How do I get my PS3 set up wirelessly and how do I create a static IP for the PS3? Because I'm in England, do I have to use specific ports to forward on my router?

So very confusing!

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Thread Information