Page 65 of 148 FirstFirst ... 556575 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 3678
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demiant View Post
    Also, France were denied 2 penos in that game in regular time and the peno we did get was a clear peno.
    Um...what?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5zFr1Ddonc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5zFr1Ddonc[/ame]

11 seconds in. Malouda clearly Dives.
    A man can dream though. A man can dream...

Master Poster
    I'm not contesting the fact that Zidane got sent off, but HOW he got sent off. I'll always look at it as France being cheated... we were the better team by far, got 2 other penos denied, and ended up losing on penos.

Much like yesterday Ireland were cheated out of a spot in the WC, they were the better team by far, had the best chances, and went out to a blatant handball.
    Sorry mate, but it's in no way comparable. France weren't cheated there at all. Like desolationw said, the penalty you did get was a clear dive, which may have affected your chances to get another one later in the match. That's how it goes in all matches. You were unlucky not the score another goal, but the final result was completely legitamate. Ireland have been completely robbed and cheated, not once but twice. First by seeding the draw and then by Henry.

Super Elite
    I'm all for banning Henry and giving him a fine, but what makes Robbie Keane any different? He clearly handled the ball on 4 different occasions that I can think of, maybe even more. Why would it be ok to punish one and not the other? Because he got away with it or because it ended up being a goal? If you try and bring up the "Keane's handballs weren't intentional", don't even bother.

Like I said, Henry's always been a cheater... and I'm all for punishing him, but punishments need to be consistent. You can't punish a diver just because it earned him a peno and then let another diver off the hook because it didn't change the course of a game.
    White Pelé

All-Knowing RPG Tyrant
    Quote Originally Posted by desolationw View Post
    There's no hope of a replay happening. FIFA made the play-offs seeded to give France and Portugal more chance of qualifying by making sure they wouldn't be playing each other.

Why would FIFA now give a team another chance to try and knock out France after deliberately changing the rules to try and ensure France's qualification.

I don't hold this against France, just Henry. If he wanted a way to single-handley destroying a reputation he has been building for over 15yrs in a split second, he found it.

France won't win this World Cup and i am not saying this out of spite. They are failing to reach their potential with a manager who should have been sacked 2 years ago.
    Well france dont want it, Henry doesnt want it, the only ones who want it are Fifa. Fifa are just trying to get the countries that will make them the most money though, it's not the first time this kind of thing has happened.

Master Poster
    Do you how many times footballers cheat in games, dive, handball, etc why would the game be replayed? A game could get stopped if the game is interupted and possibly replayed but never based on cheating. Come on then next people would be asking for games to be replayed due to offside goals.

Its not like Ireland were winning it was a tie it could of gone either way, sure it was cheating, **it happens, get over it.
    Diablo 3 - DOTA 2 - Deus EX 3 - Half Life: Episode 3

Elite Member
    Like I said, Henry's always been a cheater... and I'm all for punishing him, but punishments need to be consistent. You can't punish a diver just because it earned him a peno and then let another diver off the hook because it didn't change the course of a game.
    This is why football will never be rid of cheating. Eduardo's ban for diving was a fair one and would have set an example and made footballer's think twice about diving if they would end up with a 3 or 5 match ban afterwards. But Arsenal fans called it a witch hunt, didn't think about the good of the game and cried so much that UEFA gave up.
    A man can dream though. A man can dream...

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by OKlondon View Post
    Do you how many times footballers cheat in games, dive, handball, etc why would the game be replayed? A game could get stopped if the game is interupted and possibly replayed but never based on cheating. Come on then next people would be asking for games to be replayed due to offside goals.

Its not like Ireland were winning it was a tie it could of gone either way, sure it was cheating, **it happens, get over it.
    Is that you Roy Keane?

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Why dont they make it that each team gets one video replay call per match, the captain can then choose when to call for a video replay. Something like tennis when they get 3 hawk eyes.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    Why dont they make it that each team gets one video replay call per match, the captain can then choose when to call for a video replay. Something like tennis when they get 3 hawk eyes.
    I do like this idea, it could work, but the problem is that, some things are so, so subjective in football ie Fletchers 'foul' on Ashely Cole, some say it was a foul some say it wasn't .. It could cause just as much controversy when the decision is tight ..and then they can't fall back on 'well refs dont get the benefit of a tv camera'

I do think its a good idea, because if were using video technology on ALL things the game will be way to slow I just think that it could create problems as well as solve them

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    I do like this idea, it could work, but the problem is that, some things are so, so subjective in football ie Fletchers 'foul' on Ashely Cole, some say it was a foul some say it wasn't .. It could cause just as much controversy when the decision is tight ..and then they can't fall back on 'well refs dont get the benefit of a tv camera'

I do think its a good idea, because if were using video technology on ALL things the game will be way to slow I just think that it could create problems as well as solve them
    I agree, but I still think for goals that are unrightly disallowed for offside, stonewall penos denied, etc., that video replays would be useful. I say each side gets 1 video replay a half (like tennis players get 3 a set)... but Platini is firmly against video replays, the little c*nt
    White Pelé

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post

Thats why they will only get 1 replay request per match, that would not slow the game down that much. If we get video tech all they players will want offsides, fouls and goals checked all the time and that would cause the game to slow down. If they went with what I said and give each team just one call each, it will take 2 mins max per each replay. Then they can add that xtra 2 mins per replay for xtra time.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Master Poster
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    I think each team should get 3 challenges a half or maybe a game, when a manager or captain challenges a referee decision, video footage should be used by a 5th official like, the video ref in rugby, and he will make the call based on the footage. I know this could slow the game down but i think it would be worth it, when the rightful decision could be made in a crucial game i.e. a world cup playoff.

I know there would still be decisions that will be disputed, and it would be the views of a video ref but he has more chance of making the correct call than the ref on the field.

But i don't think video technology will happen anytime soon as Blatter and Platini have both opposed it and are in favor of these goal line refs.

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    Thats why they will only get 1 replay request per match, that would not slow the game down that much. If we get video tech all they players will want offsides, fouls and goals checked all the time and that would cause the game to slow down. If they went with what I said and give each team just one call each, it will take 2 mins max per each replay. Then they can add that xtra 2 mins per replay for xtra time.
    Ok I can get on board with this... just my concern could be that some decisions are even hard to tell with cameras, but it would certinaly imporve the game

Elite Member
    Items Tommy VercettiGameboy PurpleNintendoThe X-Files
    Spurs just beat Wigan 9-1!

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I can see the DVD on the horizon already.

Henry i s ashamed though, and guys... FIFA would make more $$ with France in the World Cup .

PS. FIFA sucks and I hope CR9 breaks his legs and retires.:gta:

Superior Member
    There are many problems with FIFA's hariolations. The one that's the most blatant, and the one that I will limit my discussion to, is related to its overt support of nihilism. For openers, while FIFA insists that it's okay if its practices initially cause our quality of life to degrade because "sometime", "someone" will do "something" "somehow" to counteract that trend, reality dictates otherwise. Actually, if you want a real dose of reality, look at how there are some basic biological realities of the world in which we live. These realities are doubtless regrettable, but they are unalterable. If FIFA finds them intolerable and unthinkable, the only thing that I can suggest is that it try to flag down a flying saucer and take passage for some other solar system, possibly one in which the residents are oblivious to the fact that if we don't do something soon, FIFA's anti-democratic précis will rise like a golem with a million hands on a million throats to choke the honor out of decent, hardworking people.

Does FIFA honestly expect us to believe that we have too much freedom? That's not a rhetorical question. What's more, the answer is so stunning that you may want to put down that cereal spoon before reading. You see, FIFA maintains that embracing a system of paternalism will make everything right with the world. While that happens to be pure fantasy from the world of make-believe, one important fact to consider is that I fully intend to lend support to the thesis that it has all the characteristics of a dog except loyalty. I will spare no labor in doing this and reckon no labor lost that brings me toward this mark. Even so, FIFA occasionally shows what appears to be warmth, joy, love, or compassion. You should realize, however, that these positive expressions are more feigned than experienced and invariably serve an ulterior motive, such as to replace intellectual integrity with postmodernist sloganeering.

Having studied FIFA's charges and finding them groundless, I must now tell the world that one could truthfully say that a day without FIFA would be like a day without pretentious, narrow-minded prætorianism. But saying that would miss the real point, which is that it sometimes uses the word "schizosaccharomycetaceae" when describing its memoranda. Beware! This is a buzzword designed for emotional response. To close, let me accentuate that if we drain the swamp of influence-peddling and the system of pay-to-play we shall not only survive FIFA's attacks; we shall prevail.

Superior Member

World Cup 2010 draw

Group A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France
    Group B: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece
    Group C: England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia
    Group D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana,
    Group E: Netherlands, Denmark, Japan, Cameroon
    Group F: Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia
    Group G: Brazil, Korea DPR, Côte d'Ivoire, Portugal
    Group H: Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile

Superior Member
    Good old Spurs. We were coasting yet again, got the 2nd goal and then Harry Redknapp I'm guessing told the players it's Wii Sports Resort round his house tonight and they're all suddenly ready to don the deckchairs.

Wolves at home next week, I expect a backlash from the frustration / sloppiness today. A win and nothing else, then I'd be more confident of 3 points at home to Al Citeh on Wednesday week.

Wonder what Pavlyuchenko's up to these days?

After 17 years, Flamengo is the champion of Brazilian championship!!
    And guess who was the striker of the championship!!
    Adriano!! right, the Internazionale Adriano!!! he scored 19 goals!
    I bet that in January he is back in Europe...

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pandaskywalker View Post
    After 17 years, Flamengo is the champion of Brazilian championship!!
    And guess who was the striker of the championship!!
    Adriano!! right, the Internazionale Adriano!!! he scored 19 goals!
    I bet that in January he is back in Europe...
    he looks back on form but maybe not january. wanna see if he keeps up this form and then sign him in the summer

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Adriano, my biggest disappointment. Was so promising at Parma and early days at Inter then boom.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Adriano, my biggest disappointment. Was so promising at Parma and early days at Inter then boom.
    yep he was the reason i always went Inter on Pro Evo back in the day
    Ronaldinho looks to be going the same way

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    yep he was the reason i always went Inter on Pro Evo back in the day
    Ronaldinho looks to be going the same way
    ronaldinho aint the same no more. and inter was banging on evo with adriano

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuam View Post
    ronaldinho aint the same no more. and inter was banging on evo with adriano
    So true everyone used to be pissed off cause i always went inter lol

Thread Information