Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3667
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Enjoy your season in the 3rd Division? :P

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Haha that's low mate lol it wasn't pretty but least we won it lol

Dunfermline fan by any chance?

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    A low comment for a low down team haha! Yeah sadly, we could be playing each other next season :/

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by JordieDAFC View Post
    A low comment for a low down team haha! Yeah sadly, we could be playing each other next season :/
    Lol nah man cause we'll be in the 2nd division nah seriously though, wouldn't wish that on any team..... Well except Celtic lol

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Its stupid, the SFA are fining us whilst we are in administration? What's the point? We've had a 15 point deduction from the SFL which has a good chance of putting us in the play-offs, a transfer embargo. Only good thing is the administrator said there were 2 interested parties.

You can add Airdrie and Hamilton to that list along with celtic :P You go to the games or that or you one of the ones that watches them on the TV? :P

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc

Football [Soccer] Thread

The SFA are corrupt bastards (along with the SPL)! No interest in helping out teams at all. They set a precedent with how they treated Rangers so if worse comes to the worst (hope it doesn't) then be prepared.

Because of financial reasons I'm a TV fan atm lol what about you?
    Last edited by Gers; 04-23-2013 at 18:34.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    The SPL, SFA gave a lot more help to you than we have ever had. Pars players were complaining about not getting paid and nobody did a thing till it was admin. We might be a small club compared to Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen and the Edinburgh clubs, but outside of them I think we're larger than the rest of the clubs, shown in our attendances, just the clubs lost touch with the community. Our lowest attendance was still higher than than a few clubs highest attendance in the 1st.

Think that's the main problem for a lot of people, and for football in Scotland, its just too expensive. I've had a season ticket for about 10/11 years I think? Just managed to catch our trips to Hampden before our downfall. Although being 17, I've still got plenty time to see another decent pars team. The one at the start of this season would have destroyed the 1st division, but then the financial things kicked in and they just didn't play and we dropped off Morton and Partick

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    You're the first person who I've ever spoke with that thinks we got even a little help lol The SFA and SPL fined us for getting in to administration too, wanted to take our titles away because of the EBT's BEFORE even doing an investigation (which we won), still wanted Newco Rangers to pay debts that the Oldco Rangers owed. Basically we are in Division 3 because one man who owned us for a mere 9 months didn't pay the employees tax for a year and shafted Rangers.

But the SPL and it's members wanted us out, fair enough but it became more of an agenda against Rangers than the so called Sporting Integrity that was preached. I mean they even wanted out TV rights even although we weren't under the SPL and under SFL wtf? lol

I think something needs to be drastically done to overhaul scottish football. Let's be honest it's a $#@! product and the prices fans get asked to pay are a disgrace.

What did you think of the league structure that was proposed?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Your David Murray has had a hand in our downfall, the stuff that's gone on at East End Park is crazy. There was some document that was posted on a Pars forum and had some "very revealing" details on it, the guy was threatened with legal action or whatever its called, as was the site owner by Masterton.

You know, I love the first division. Its not up there with the BPL, La Liga, but its exiting to watch and I think its better than the SPL. Young teams going out to win, none of this aw we'll play for the draw passing along the back pish. The only thing worth the money at EEP is the match day programme for 3, and a Stephens steak bridie for 2.30.

Anything under 12 is a joke. Merge the SPL and 1st and the 2nd and 3rd or something similar. Think of the derbies your getting? Aberdeen vs ICT vs Ross County, Old firm, Fife Derby ect. 11000 at EEP for one of them, 3rd largest attendance in Scotland that weekend. The fans need something to look forward to.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    That's mental that he got threatened with legal action! What did the document reveal? Or don't you want to say incase they try sue you lol

Think we need a bigger Premier League at the very least, have teams only play each other home and away, and in cups if drawn against each. None of this 4 games a season $#@!e.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I never saw it cause it was removed before I had the chance, but it wasn't very pretty I don't think. Apparently one of the things was MAsterton used money from Dafc to cover education costs for his children which was expensive.

Yeah, we just need to start again cause nothing can fix this mess. Im sure this was the situation Germany was in about 10 years or so. A failing national team, poor league...

12. Likes Gers likes this post
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    If found out to do be true, then he'll be in a world of $#@!.

Yeah think you're right about the Germany. I know they have a great structure, and when they buy players they can actually afford, not breaking the bank and going into debt to. The Germans are also getting good crowds to the games and it's affordable too.

It's a structure that all leagues should look to maybe replicate, not just scotland.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    He's already probably the most hated man in Fife.

There's some guy on a Dunfermline site who lives in Germany, and he was saying that for the price of a Dunfermline game he could go and watch a Bundesliga game at some grounds. I think that says a lot. The early 2000s is where it went wrong for me, paying imports outrageous amounts of money that teams didn't have.

Need to focus on getting the fans back. I think they are scared to lower the prices for a few seasons as they might not get more people. Surely 4000 people paying 10 is better that 2000 17?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    He's already probably the most hated man in Fife.

There's some guy on a Dunfermline site who lives in Germany, and he was saying that for the price of a Dunfermline game he could go and watch a Bundesliga game at some grounds. I think that says a lot. The early 2000s is where it went wrong for me, paying imports outrageous amounts of money that teams didn't have.

Need to focus on getting the fans back. I think they are scared to lower the prices for a few seasons as they might not get more people. Surely 4000 people paying 10 is better that 2000 17?

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    You're right about the early 2000s $#@!ing up scottish football. That's when the clubs refused the sky deal on offer and tried to make SPL TV, total $#@!ing disaster. We tried to grovel back to Sky but they offered a much reduced deal, so we ended up at the BBC then Setanta and finally back to Sky.

Never understood why the deal with Sky was rejected. That's when clubs really had to watch the money, and for Rangers that happened after $#@! Advocaat was given carte blanche to soend what he wanted and well as they say the rest is history!

Don't know why teams don't lower tickets prices, as you say makes sense if more fans turn up. Maybe they're scared that fans won't turn up though.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    They obviously failed to see what the SKY coverage actually meant, it was a lot more than a contract to video a football game. It was almost revolutionary in football. There's just not the fanbase and interest to make SPL TV a success. Typical, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
    I think English football is going the same way as Scottish football, too many foreign imports and not enough homegrown talent, hence the ageing English national team, lack of world class English players, and teams in the Champions league finals.
    Talking of reducing prices, I've seen Man United ticket prices are down, as are Celtic season tickets for next season.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    In a nutshell money has ruined football.

Yeah I take your point about the English national team but they still have some top clubs. Was only a few years ago that english teams where consistently getting to the semi's and final of the CL. As long as Sky pump in the kind of money they are, then the clubs will still compete.

Be interesting to see what would happen to the EPL if sky ever went bankrupt

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    What I was meaning was these teams are full of foreign players. The Bayern first 11 is pretty much an all German team apart from Dante, Marquez, Ribery and Robben. Dortmund, Subotic, Lewandowski, Błaszczykowski and Piszczek. Same with Barca.

ESPN/BT would probably buy Sky over.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Oh I see lol yeah you're right about that. The british game as a whole needs shaken up as we just aren't as technically gifted as other nations, and aren't producing the players.

Any updates on Dunfermline? Heard that there is a 500K target set for a fan buy out

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Yeah, they have a target of 400,000 for Pars patrons and 100,000 for Pars supporters. Not quite sure what happens if they manage to buy Dunfermline in terms of money for running costs/transfers/wages.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Sure they'll have a plan in progress if they can raise the funds. Hope you will be putting money in to help save the club!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Only putting in what I would be to get in if I didn't have the season ticket.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Fair enough man, can only afford what you can afford.

Had an eye out for Saturday's result, you happy getting the draw?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Not as happy as I could have been. 3-1 up 10 mins to go, and Willie Collum does his best to ruin it as he always does. We could have been safe now. Need to beat Airdrie or equal Cowdenbeath on Saturday which shouldn't be hard.

Morton's gamble hasn't paid off, they'll be starting from scratch next season I reckon.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Didn't know you's where 3-1 up. Yeah that feels like a defeat when that happens. Going to be a tense last game of the season for you.

And there aren't many good refs in the scottish. Think what most lack is consistency. And it's infuriating to watch if the ref is blatantly favouring one team. They should be made to go full time rather than part time as they currently are

Thread Information