Page 71 of 147 FirstFirst ... 617181 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3667
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Probably find he'll score a load in the 2nd, do alright in the 1st then fall away in the SPL.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Yeah don't think he is a long term signing just a a short term one to get us goals and in to division 1.

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I really hope its the plastic pitch that caused that result and utter $#@!e performance.
    This isn't about the players anymore, this is about saving 128 years of history and hard work, and they don't seem to realise that being relegated could well finish us off. If it doesn't then there's a bloody good chance we'll be fighting in another relegation play-off for the 3rd division if we're not already down going by tonight's doing.

Honestly, surely if your a keeper you keep a hat in yer $#@!ing bag incase the suns in your bloody eyes? Obviously not... 2 goals lost because of it.

I know we're stuck with who we have, but why the $#@! are Potter and Dargo getting a game? Liabilities the both of them. Dargo $#@!s himself and ducks out of any tackle that he won't win 100% and is all round useless. I know Potter is only there to help guide them, but holy $#@!. No pace, no agility, he just can't cope with the modern footballer. He was at fault for the 2nd goal, kept backing off the ball carrier so Kerr Young had to come over which left Elliot open and somehow lobbed the keeper from like 10 yards out? He wasn't even off his line.

And why the hell do we keep trying to play tiki taka in the box? If your in range and you feel as if the odds are good then put yer bloody laces through the ball!!!!!!!!

Im away for a lie down

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    You never know, they might turn it around at East End Park like they did in the semi-final playoff. If the players show even half the passion that you have just shown then they'll have a chance!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    That's really the only advantage is that its at EEP and on grass. Last time it was only 2 goals we needed, now we need 3 just to be level. I also doubt they'll do a Forfar and go down to 8 men :L

Doesn't look good.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I keep forgetting forfar went down to 8 men lol as Marvin Andrews once said, keep believing

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Haha, I'll be there anyway regardless of our chances.

I suppose there's a few decent grounds in the 2nd. Quite fancy going to Ayr, Brechin, Stranraer and maybe Arbroath. Defiantly not going to Ibrox! :P

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Why not? Not used to 5 star Stadiums? Lol regardless probably best you don't, save the depressing journey back home when we hump you's lol

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Oh no, i'm fairly used to going to 5 start stadiums, been to plenty

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Lol fair enough.

Just read what that idiot Lennon said about Hearts, if they get relegated then the SPL would lose the third biggest team. But he dragged Rangers into it saying that the SPL has already lost it's second biggest team! 54 league titles, a world record for domestic titles suggests we are the biggest team in Scotland, followed very closely by Dunfermline

Seriously though, I really can't stand that $#@!. Always coming out with stupid soundbites having sly digs at us. Should concentrate on his own team! Hope Hibs $#@! them in the final!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I don't think you can measure how big your club by the number of silverware you have. I mean for example you could say that Athletico Bilbao are bigger than Real Madrid because they have won more trophies. To me, size is determined by the fanbase, and success is on trophies.

I gave up with the SPL after we were relegated, I learned that the SFL is where the real football is. No lego set stadiums like St Mirren and Easter road, fun football, proper grounds ect.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I agree with you, but let's be honest the fanbase for both clubs (as much as I hate to admit it) is probably about the same. I ain't got facts and figures but it must be close so therefore it as to come down to silverware

If the first division is so great, why ain't the fans turning up? The clubs need the fans more than ever, and if it's real exciting football on offer then I don't understand why attendances are so low. Surely the first division clubs don't charge all that much for tickets?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Just the way things are in the world the now :/

I think you'll find that Dunfermline is the most expensive ground in the 1st the now. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19949648

Most expensive day our at 25.30
    Most expensive ticket 19
    Most expensive program 3- worth it though
    Most expensive pie 2.30
    Last edited by JordieDAFC; 05-19-2013 at 01:37.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Attendances were $#@! before the recession hit too, so it ain't just because of the financial state of the economy, if thats what you were implying lol

Anyway the big day today for you lot! It's a big ask to come back from 3-0 down, but stranger things have happened!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Completely devastated, that teams worse than what we had in the SPL :/ Think Jeffries is away too "Stick with the young boys, and they'll take you back up" the fact he says "you" implies he's away.

Quite looking forward to travelling to the smaller grounds, enjoy them to the likes of Hampden and even East End Park cause your right next to the pitch at most of them.

That's Raith, Falkirk and Cowden lost a ton of gate money for next season :L Their chairmen must love us :P

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Think they'll make slightly more money when we go up next year

Looking forward to the games against you's next should get interesting on here on match days!

Didn't see the game but read that, even although you's won Alloa still had the better if the play.

Tough season for you's but if you stick together and fight through, you'll be back up where you belong

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I wouldn't say that they are a better side, just they had more desire and dig to win the games. The goalkeeper is a complete $#@! though. Its the teams like Alloa and Cowdenbeath that kill Scottish football, they bring nothing to the game.

We'll most likely start with a 10 point deduction, and if they play like they have done then I can't see them staying up. Hrivnak is the $#@!test keeper I have ever seen at Dunfermline, hell he's worse than Chris Smith!

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I never said better side mate, but from what I've read and you have said they deserved it over the two legs.

Well the SPL hit you with another embargo haven't they? So you don't have much choice but to go with youth. Might take a good few years but once you're through it, you should be debt free and hopefully rebuild from there

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    The youth side have been neglected though so they aren't exactly a high standard bunch of players. Falkirk have got a team made up of youth players and they finished 3rd, plus received big money for Arfield, Wallace, Barr, Scobbie ect

Need to have a team first :/

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Well that is going to be nigh on impossible to get a decent first team with the financial situation and the embargo. Like with Rangers things will get worse before they get better.

Hearts find out tomorrow if they will be getting punished..... Sorry state Scottish footballs in at the moment

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I know, but you had a chance to sign players at one point, not that we could afford it like :L

Yeah, and the SFA do nothing to help the teams in trouble, just try to beat them down.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Somebody posted this on DAFC.net

"Two years ago we were celebrating Promotion to the Premier League. Alloa had just been relegated to the third.

Not so long ago Livingston where demoted to the third, now they, Alloa, Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton are above us in the football pecking order.

5 years ago Rangers were in the final of the UEFA cup, now after one of the worst season in our history we will be playing in the same league as "The Rangers" next season."

"3 seasons in a row, 3 changes of league.

Jim Jeffries in charge, leads us to 2 consecutive relegations and is a hero.

Supporting The Pars is truly bizarre."

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I think due to circumstances though, it's been tough for Jim Jeffries. And let's not forget you wouldn't have been in the relegation playoffs this year if it weren't for the points deduction.

Thing is, the SFA have set a precedent with how they handled Rangers. Don't get me wrong, I think we deserve to be in the 3rd Division after being Liquidated BUT the fines and sanctions they tried to pin on us after, let's be honest it became a game of kicking us when we were down. Now what that means, unfortunately for any club that gets liquidated, is that they have to be treated the same way. I, for one won't have any sympathy if Hearts if they get relegated today.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    The point deduction was a complete joke, I think its only like 10 or something for the SPL?

Im guessing the reason behind the sactions were the fact that you still had a fairly good team. They try to beat any team down in trouble. Dundee getting a 25 point deduction in 2010/11, Livi going to the 3rd ect. Chick Young was saying yesterday that Jeffries had a long rant at Longmuir after the game about the point deduction, and the real criminals should be the ones getting punished.

Before he was our manager I wasn't to keen on him, but Christ is he a Dunfermline legend in my eyes!

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    We got a 10 point deduction for going in to administration, but Hearts were facing an 18 points deduction if there owners were found to be insolvent. So I don't get how the SPL work that out, and it gets even more complicated when you add yourself's, who under the SFL, are under completely different rules again.

I think Jeffries is a decent manager, and personally think he has done about as good as he could've under the circumstances. Always going to be fans giving him a hard time when the team aren't playing well and getting relegated, but there is a much bigger picture with what's happening behind the scenes

Thread Information