Page 72 of 147 FirstFirst ... 627282 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3667
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Yeah I don't have a clue how they work out the deductions, they must have some criteria surely? Can't believe Hearts got away without any punishment. The excuse is pathetic too, im sure its more along the lines of "We don't want them relegated" or "We don't know the rules if they end up with less points than Dundee". Fed up with the SFA, SPL and SFL. Might just support Ajax full time.

You might think he's been getting a hard time, but its the complete opposite I tell you. I seen fans so supportive of a manager before, I think its mainly cause he's working for free. I can see it being McCann and Potter next year taking over from him.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    They make up the rules as they along I'm sure of it! Yeah Hearts should be relegated but they shat it big time, as they're scared of losing the Edinburgh derby. I bet you that's what it comes down to.

Let's be honest mate, not many managers would work for free, especially a manager who had no affiliation with the a club. Got a lot of respect for him for doing that.

And i didn't know you support Ajax too! Lol how long you been following them?

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Aye, bunch of $#@!s.

Nah, Andy Barrowman said he would play for free if he could afford it, sadly he couldn't but least he offered. All the player we sacked still want to come back to us. Especially Cardle.

About 3 years, I won an Ajax top and scarf in a raffle so thought I would follow them. I support teams from most of the main European countries.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    What are your teams in other countries?

Supporting Rangers and Scotland is bad enough for the heart as it is without adding more teams lol

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Haha, i guess i can't really be called a supporter of the teams, but i follow them. :P

Germany - Fc Kaiserslaughtern - Played with them on Fifa and developed a soft spot for them :P
    Spain - Real Madrid
    Italy - Ac Cessena or Juventus - Got to stick with the black and white stripes

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Lol I started a season with Aldershot a few Fifa's ago and have kept an eye out for them since. You got Fifa 13?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Hopefully get to an Ajax and FCK game eventually :P

Yeah, Jordie-SCO- if you want a game sometime

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I'll hit you up next time I'm online.

That should be a great game to watch. Ajax have a good young team at the monent

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Coooooool

An Ajax vs Feyenoord game would be the best one to watch. And FCK against FSV Mainz 05 or Eintracht Frankfurt would be cool. Nice and cheap too I bet!

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Oh i missed that you are going to see a FCK game too at some point! Yeah knowing the Germans it will be a reasonable price.

The atmosphere should be something else aswell!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Perfect seat for me!

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Great view of the pitch! Might be a bit hard to see the action at the other end though, just hope they score at your end! Lol

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Good point, probably sit in the middle somewhere! :P

Anyhow, some good news! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22626077
    Pars United have launched a buy-out bid! Except, I don't think that includes EEP :/

"'We could charge more than 104. Let's say we charged 300. We'd get 2m more in income but what's 2m to us? In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between 104 and 300 is huge for the fan.We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody. That's the biggest difference between us and England." - Uli Hoeness of Bayern Munich
    Last edited by JordieDAFC; 05-23-2013 at 00:31.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Let's hope it's successful then mate! If the buy-out doesn't include EEP, then have they said where you's would play? If the ground is owned by your former owner, then did you rent it from him?

Great point made, and not just in England but here in Scotland too! Don't understand why we don't model our structure and finances on the German philosophy. Too many greedy bastards over here I suppose

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I think he leased it out to us for nearly 100 years or something but we never paid anything to play there. Think its 8m to buy it.

Yeah, its totally true though, that's how we should be thought of. Although it might not be quite as effective here as we don't have the population of the Germans, but if we didn't have so many old firm fans in odd places it might work better :P hehe

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Says the Ajax, Kaiserslautern and Real follower!

Maybe they could modify the German Structure to make it work but they don't give a $#@! about what the fans want.

If the fan ownership goes ahead, maybe they will strike a similar deal so that you stay at EEP

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Haha, aye alright! Without Ajax you wouldn't have some of the best players in the world :P And FCK are in the Bundesliga 2 :P

Aslong as we have the same retards that are in charge the now, we're all doomed. We're close to ending up like the Irish leagues...dangerously close....

Yeah I hope so. Folk speculating that Masterton will flatten EEP and sell it cause its near dead centre of Dunfermline, then I assume we'll be ground sharing or maybe use some other stadium.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc

Football [Soccer] Thread

Well we already have an Irish club in the SPL lol nah seriously though, you're right. I just can't see scottish football getting any better unless we can start producing world class players but that would require a complete overhaul right down to grassroots level.

Would you be happy with a new stadium if worse came to the worst?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I must admit there's a decent setup in Fife. We have Fife Soccer 7's which primary school kids play in and there's hundreds of kids play in it. I used to play in it when I was younger and it wasn't that big, but I recently started helping with one of my clubs younger teams and I couldn't believe how big it was, really well supported.

The league I play in used to have quite a good amount of teams, but they've been dropping like flies.

The state of pitches at grassroots is terrible. I could go on for ages about that :L

Nope. That's like having a house where you spent most of your life demolished. I'm sure StMirren fans know that feeling.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    It may be a good set up, but we still aren't producing great technical footballers so something somewhere is going wrong

Go on about it mate, this thread was dead before we started posting in it lol

I know what you mean about the stadium, would be heartbreaking if we ever had to play somewhere other than Ibrox

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    The impression I got when doing my level 1 was its too focused on kids having fun. I agree that they should enjoy football, but they need to be pushed to learn skills and have a competitive edge.
    Also think that clubs look for physical aspects over skills. My friend was playing for Rangers and was told he was too small or something like that, so he's ended up at Hearts. I'll be honest he's like bloody Ronaldo when you play with him at the sport centre, does all these fancy tricks ect :L

The pitches are dire. They have bumps, divits, small and get flooded easily. How can you have a decent match when the ball is bouncing off the bumps ect? If they want decent footballers, give them a decent playing surface!

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    The impression I get is that teams look for strong, physical players. So players with all the talent in the world, like your pal get thrown away by the side and forgotten about. Another big problem though in my opinion, is teams teach the kids out of playing football with a bit of freedom. Instead any freedom and creativity is negated in favour of working in disciplined tactical setup. Scotland used to produce the some of the best wingers in the world back in the day, but now our players can't run past another player for $#@!.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I try to let the kids in the team I coach play, so I don't really shout many things. As a player myself I hate people trying to control the game from the side, so I just let them get on with it. Although if I see a pass on i'll tell them to lift their head and they can decide to pass. Moving to 11's this season so i'll need to help with getting the back 4 to be in a line and offsides ect.

I mind this one guy and he was constantly telling his team what to do. Its no $#@!ing fifa mate.
    Last edited by JordieDAFC; 05-23-2013 at 22:22.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Respect to you mate, get the feeling not many coaches do that.

I remember watching a program years ago, forget what it was called but it was about England not producing a new generation of stars. Anyway, there was a bit where Joe Cole playing for Chelsea at the time was having the game of his life, dribbling and running past players creating chances but Jose Mourinho was constantly shouting at him to stop dribbling and stay in position. Ended up taking Cole off because he wasn't following instructions even although he was having a good game!

Now Mourinho has won two Champion League titles and multiple league titles around Europe so in no way I am saying I know more than him but $#@! me, surely you have to allow some sort of creative freedom in a player. Especially one's with a natural dribbling ability!

As a fan, it what I personally cry out to see. I grew up watching Brian Laudrup and was in awe at the way he could skin a player. And even Walter Smith gave him the freedom to go ahead and dominate a game for us. Yes, the same Walter Smith who 3/4 years ago would play one up front at Ibrox against the likes of you and play rigid tight formation. Horrible to watch as a fan but also when you go in to Europe, any team with a bit of technical ability will obviously out pocess and outplay you. That tactic is purely hoping the other doesn't score and hope you can capitalise on a set-piece or mistake. We need to allow a bit more freedom and learn our players to be more comfortable on the ball and just be technically better!

Rant over lol sorry I probably went off in a tangent but hope you get the points I'm trying to make

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I suppose if the players see Cole's on form then they could end up thinking he'll do all the work so then their performance drops. Plus, your keeping the shape a bit more, I assume they were winning? That's the only reason I would tell him to hold back.

Haha, aye, what a load o pish! Nah I get what your trying to say. Its true though, you don't see players with any great dribbling skills or tricks to get past an opponent and if they do then ooshyaboy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhAyX81zP2M
    Last edited by JordieDAFC; 05-24-2013 at 12:56.

Thread Information