Page 73 of 147 FirstFirst ... 637383 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 3667
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    See what he did there, trapped the ball then played his pass. Some of our players can't even trap a ball that how poor we are!

That looked amazing though! Would love a shot of that myself lol

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    As would I! Im amazed that in an age where technology rules the world, that's the only one in the world, although i'm not amazed its in Germany :P SFA still think having an indoor pitch under Hampden is ground breaking...

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    To be honest it seems like a simple but highly effective idea. Yeah I can see German teams going through a period of dominance at European level in the not to distant future. Bayern Munich especially, look like a force at the moment

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I think them and Dortmund, whatever Bayern don't win I think Dortmund will be there so sweep it up.

Just seen this aswell, if this is true then that's crazy!
    1. Average crowds are almost 45,000 - ie. 95% stadium capacity.

2. You can watch Bayern for as little as 12 Euros.

3. Clubs limit season ticket sales to 50% of stadium capacity.

4. 25% of fans are female.

5. All 36 Bundesliga 1 and 2 clubs must have an 'education camp' with kids
    from 8 to 18 given expert coaching and medical advice.

6. From the U-15 stage onwards, 50% of all youth squads must be eligible for Germany.

7. Ave age of Bundesliga players now 2 years younger than in 2003.

8. 60% of Bundesliga players are German - 74% in Bundesliga 2.

9. Bundesliga turnover second only to EPL - Bayern and Dortmund account for 30% compared to 60% by Barca and Real in Spain.

10. Player wages in Bundesliga are capped at 38% of turnover - Euro average in Big Leagues is 65% and much higher at Chelsea, Man City and PSG.

11. Players earn much less in the Bundesliga than other major leagues with exceptions eg. Riberry and Robben.

12. TV money is distributed on a sliding scale with the Bundesliga winners netting 5.8% and the team finishing last receiving 0.5%.

13. Bundesliga 2 clubs receive 20% of TV monies -(E20m).

14. Bayern and BVB do not demand a bigger share of TV money because they realise the importance of healthy competition.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Think the wage cap should be introduced as mandatory by UEFA or FIFA tbh, but yeah kudos to the Germans for going down that road.

I have a sneaky feeling your last fact is a dig at Rangers and Celtic lol

Dortmund and even Bayern can't really demand more money than the others because they don't dominate the league like the old firm do here. Even in the last ten years, we have seen Wolfsberg, Stuttgart and Werder Bremen win the title. Although Bayern always seem to be there or there abouts.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Haha not at all!!!

Yeah, Australia and the USA have salary caps, but they've had them since the leagues formed in the 90's, and its a bit more complicated than just a cap as you have player categories and you can only have so many of each player.

Wolfsburg only had 1 good season, after that they were close to being relegated and I think only finished mid-table this season. Werder Bremen are always there or abouts and Stuttgart are always about the middle of the top half. I think they know that if they start getting more money then it harms the whole league. A bit like the SPL when 2 teams got a bit more money than the rest of us, and now where are we.

Eventually you outgrow the league and i'd say PSG will do that. You win the league every year, but fail in Europe cause the rest of the league is rubbish as they don't have more equal share of the money, and the big name players won't come to the club if that makes sense lol

I don't know what I've just typed so

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I get you man and to a point I agree. But the other SPL clubs are far from blameless. Few years back the SFA tried to change the league format. The fans were asked what they wanted, and overwhelmingly voiced for a bigger league. The clubs voted against that proposal, and one of the reasons was they didn't want to lose out on there 6 or 8 games a season against the Old Firm.

So in one hand the other SPL clubs are saying the money should be distributed more equally among the teams, rather than majority going to the Old Firm. (Which I agree with) but on the other hand don't want to expand the league as they lose out of money from the Old Firm. Like i said a few posts back, too many money greedy bastards in Scottish Football. Hope I made sense lol

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I think footballs changed again. Right through to the start of TV money, Football was a laugh with your mates and it was solely a sports club, TV came along then it became a business, but now I feel its a mixture of the 2, but we're stuck in the business bit you know. All they think about is money and not the fans, and I guess it goes back to the quote I posted from the Bayern guy. 4m is nothing to Bayern, but 100-200 is a lot for a fan.

You must have a fair few signings coming in soon? Bell, Daly, Law, Humphrey?

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I always hear the old bastards in my work say that football was better years ago, with less money. The club was always bigger than the player and players where alot more loyal to clubs. Flip to today and it's almost the opposite. The players seem to have the power and there is alot less loyalty shown too.

So yeah footballs defiantly changed.

Yeah we have signed four players, Jon Daly, Cammy Bell, Nicky Clark and Nicky Law. They can't play until 1st of September though but I reckon they'll all add a different dimension to way we play.

We also appointed Sir Walter as our new Chairmen so looking major changes at the club the now

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    There are still some good guys out there although its rare you get one. I think Bale and Spurs are a good example of a player being bigger than the club.

I'll be honest, i'm not sure if that's the best way to go or not. Obviously they are better technically and have more experience than the lower divisions, but I think the lower div guys are a lot more physical and like to throw themselves about, and they'll go for the crunching tackles, whereas SPL guys might back out.

I suppose we'll see :P

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Well we brought in quite a few SPL players last year and walked through the league, playing a brand if football that even Barca was in awe of! Lmao well maybe no quite but we won the league comfortably, but I 'm $#@!ting myself because I reckon we're still going to toil to win the league ahead of you's! Lol

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Aye, but you couldn't handle the almighty Stirling Albion!!! Mon the Bino's!!! :P

Think we're going to be signing a player or 2 from the Nike Academy, or at least they were on trial for a bit. And this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KfEkMnUS4Y

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Even the beat have off days

Aye it's still only youngsters you're allowed to sign?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Aye aye.........

Yeah, can only sign under 21's, said in the paper that there's 2 player who are want wanting and asked to play for us so I think they are on trial. Not often that happens!

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Well it's a great opportunity for any young decent players to showcase themselves when a club like Dunfermline can only sign youth. Fair play to the lads for showing an interest

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    We are totally $#@!ed

http://www.parsalive.org.uk/Forum/ph...php?f=1&t=1677

The username and password are in the posts below for that website the OP has posted. Pg 22 onwards

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Not a good read at all! Honestly think it's liquidation now, going to be very difficult to get a CVA but fingers crossed you do.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Think our only main hope is from one of our ex-directors, who is a millionaire.

See Kilmarnock have sacked Shiels :L Quite liked him, but he was a bit of a knob, and some of the stuff he came out with was just...

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Think our only main hope is from one of our ex-directors, who is a millionaire.

See Kilmarnock have sacked Shiels :L Quite liked him, but he was a bit of a knob, and some of the stuff he came out with was just...

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I'l bite lol Some of the stuff he says was what? the truth

It's funny how Lennon spouted his pish about Celtic being victimised a few years back and not much was done at all by the SFA and the Celtic board backed him. Even providing a portfolio about how many penalties Rangers had compared to them.

On the other hand Sheils speaks his mind and the SFA charge him and his board sack him. Now I know the Kilmarnock board are saying it's to do with him not meeting his objectives but Kilmarnock haven't done too badly!

Sheils maybe should've kept his mouth shut and concentrated on his own job but when other managers can say what they like and apparently get away with it then why not?

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Keep forgetting about this site lol

I don't really agree with fact that managers have to say things to please everybody. They should be allowed to speak there minds, but obviously be reasonable at the same time.

Doesn't look very nice for Hearts, whole 1st team up for sale. On the positive side, my mate might get on the bench of be starting for them next season lol

Clubs are going to fall like flies...I'll enjoy watching the SFA crap themselves, certainly won't enjoy watching the clubs die. Although it might need to happen to go forward.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    The SPL, the SFA and the clubs have brung this on themselves to be honest. I think a few more could hit hard times.

For me it depends which clubs are dying, cause I'd like to see a few disappear lol

Managers should be able to speak there mind. To much of you can't so this and that in this country.

Apprentice
    Who here is watching the Confederations Cup? Spain vs Uruguay. Should be a great match. Spain will win of course

EDIT - it's 2-0 so far and Spain look like they are killing Uruguay
    Last edited by The Anderlation; 06-16-2013 at 23:45.

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Hearts set for admin. Been a matter of time I guess.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Nah ain't watching much of the Confederations Cup to be honest Anderlation.

Yeah Hearts looks like they could be in deep $#@!, still they are lucky they aren't playing Division 1 football next season. I still think they should've got the 15 pts deduction last month, mind you I wouldn't be surprised if they get liquidated and have to start over in Division 3

Thread Information