Page 75 of 146 FirstFirst ... 657585 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3638
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Well done! So fan ownership is sustainable?

Great result for St Johnstone against Rosenberg!

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I swear I replied last week....

Anyway, yeah great result for them, Rosenborg aren't any slackers. Have to laugh at Hibs, everybody called Dunfermline a disgrace to Scottish football when we were beaten in Europe 2-1, even then it was our backup keeper who $#@!ed us. I can really see Hibs fighting for the drop.

Yeah, well if the CVA is successful then they are the owners, then if i'm correct, we don't start on minus points cause we're out of admin?

Watched a bit of the Rangers game today..........I hope that wasn't the best you've got, the old pass it about and tire the other team won't work against a bunch of kids.......hopefully lol

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    That Hibs result was embarrassing. Nothing away from Malmo but just shows how out of depth Hibs are. At least St Johnstone saved us from total embarrassment, that was truly a great result for them.

If the CVA is sorted before the new season starts then yeah I think that there will be no points deduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    I didn't expect Hibs to go through but I certainly didn't see them betting beat like they did, especially as they were beaten 2-1 away from home and you usually do better at home...
    Hopefully Motherwell and St Johnstone can get through the next round, can't say I know anything about Kuban Krasnodar and FC Minsk but it would be nice if they were push overs :P

D-day today for us..... Do you not think though that administration is in a way a blessing in disquise?

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    It can be. More so for yourselves. If you can be financially stable, then with fan ownership you know that the club is relatively debt free and that the fans will have the club at heart.

With us, and i know we were liquidated, we are debt free and in a much better situation financially but big question marks over the owners.

Hope that made sense kinda typing in a rush lol

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Yeah, obviously its beneficial if you can survive! haha

Think it helps you've had money to be able to afford some SPL players. Who is the owner of Rangers? Green used to be the owner eh?

You going to be making the trip through to the Stadio East Endo Parko? Looking forward to travelling to the 2nd division stadiums this season, starting with Ochilview tomorrow!

Another brilliant result for St Johnstone last night, not quite as good for Motherwell. Seems they were outplayed by Krasnodar. Hoping Partick are going to get off to a good start, the pitch at Firhill looks beautiful.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc

Football [Soccer] Thread

Green was never the owner, he was just the front man with some shares. I don't think there is an out and out owner of Rangers, but I think Craig Mathers is the majority shareholder.

I may make the trip, if I do I'l let you know and I'l buy you a pint

St Johnstone are on a roll and good on them. The media are quick enough to jump on our teams backs when they do $#@!, so they deserve all the plaudits they get. Really hope they make it in to the group stages. The least they deserve for their efforts

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    The whole thing at Rangers is really confusing haha

Haha, i'm fine with my Steak Bridie and Irn Bru!

Yeah, I don't even know who plays for St Johnstone apart from Hasselbaink and Barry Nicholson, lost touch with the SPL now. Hopefully they'll get to a respectable stage and they won't get hammered if they go out. If they get to the groups they'll get such a boost financially.

Partick don't look a bad side, all over Dundee United, although they had the better of the chances, and were lucky not to go down to 10 men. Butcher should have been sent off twice.

Good set of results today eh? :P

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    You know I could use all sets of excuses like us having 16 top team players missing or the comments by Charles Green but I won't, I'll just mention them

Seriously though, something ain't right at the top of the hierarchy at Rangers. There's a group of shareholders want to get rid of Craig Mathers and has just been appointed Chief Executive and obviously Charles Green coming back in to the mix is a worry. That guy is a $#@!ing Idiot, don't trust him one bit!

Nice wee start for you's. Only the league cup though, we are concentrating on getting the league wrapped up by christmas lol

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Psh....excuses excuses.....

I was reading somewhere that the money raised from shares or something has nearly all been spent? And whatever million you have left isn't enough to see you through to the SPL? Can't remember where I read it :L
    Green is an absolute clown, might have been sensible to go for fans ownership so you don't have fuds like him popping up.

Yeah it was good to get the win, struggled though on the astro turf big time though, plus the wind stopped any high ball for us so we couldn't clear our lines. To sum it up it was the worst game I have watched.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    But a win is a win. Not always going to be pretty and with the turbulent times you have been going through, a good positive reaction by the players.

Yeah I think fan ownership would have been the best way to go for us too but Duff and Phelps seemed to have a hard on for Charles Green and his consortium. Something very dodgy went in there, Craig Whyte wanted thise administrators specifically and they weren't budging for anyone other than Charles Green. I mean doesn't take a genius to figure out that with the names Green and Whyte, they where always going to $#@! us over lol

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    It is but, you'd hope the team would be used to astro as quite a few teams use it.

Yeah the whole Rangers thing was very suspicious, it all seemed planned out that Green was gonna get it. I think fan ownership would have been the correct thing to do. Fair enough you might not have been able to sign all these SPL players, but you had a chance to use Murray Park and build a decent homegrown side and prove to other Scottish teams that youth is the way forward. That's what I think anyway. :P

hahahahahahaha Green and Whyte, suprised not many people have picked up on that!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23564715 Wow, Green really is a bellend.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I see your point but it is only the first competitive game of the season, a lot of new guys in takes time to gel etc. Be interesting to see how you get on this week though

My biggest worry is that we are signing all these players but can't really afford too, time will tell I suppose.

You're right Green is a bellend and something defiantly ain't right as Smith as stood down as Chairman.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    The team is the same one we finished the last season with :P

Yeah, not a bad team they've got, might struggle a bit. Got hospitality at Old Trafford on the Friday for Ferdinands testimonial, then going to Bayview on the Saturday for the pars game, quite a difference :L

Mmm, reckon Green's appointment has upset a few people, i'm awaiting McCoist resigning as him and Green don't see eye to eye, and I think its pretty poor from Green that he expects McCoist to win the division. He's ruling out challenges from Forfar, East Fife, Brechin and ourselves.

I think this will be a tight league. Just think, next season division 1 could consist of Dunfermline, Hearts and Rangers :P

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I thought you were bringing through a lot of decent young players

Yeah that's two ends of the spectrum alright! Nothing beats watching your own team though, no matter how $#@! they play

I don't think it's unrealistic for us to expect to win the 2nd Division, no disrespect but it's the other $#@! that Green comes out with. Expecting us to win one of the cups is a bit ambitious and the timing of some of his sound bytes couldn't be worse.

Yeah that's if there is still a Hearts next year lol

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Ach, they're alright and each one works their arse off each game for us. :P

Yeah, it'll be a complete contrast in terms of the stadium and football :L

Yeah, I think you should be looking to win the title but I think it'll be a close season, think East Fife will be the main challengers and hopefully we'll be there or abouts.
    Cracking Charles Green interview on Sky Sports news there the now, ranting away!

True....

EL BARÇA PASA POR ENCIMA DE TAILANDIA (1-7) EN SU PRIMER AMISTOSO EN ASIA
    Mucho gol y una gran carencia
    Messi suma dos goles más y es el máximo goleador de la pretemporada azulgrana
    Neymar, que marcó uno, compartió titularidad con el argentino por primera vez
    Pedro adorna con un 'hat trick' su destacada actuación en un abarratado estadio
    Martino prueba al joven Bagnack como compañero de Piqué en la defensa
    1375884700_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Is there a Fantasy League goin' about, fellas?

Disappointed with the result of Rio's testimonial tonight, although it's not the most surprising of outcomes. Januzaj looks fantastic for his age; he's got ability and technique in spades - within two or three years I'd say he'll be a force to be reckoned with, that is to say if he gets put on that De Gea diet once he's stopped growing naturally, (kid's only 18 after all). Zaha looked bright once he came on so there's at least positives to take from the match; a lot of food for thought regarding Sunday's team sheet.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Tried joining the Sky Sports fantasy football but the app for the iPhone is buggy.

Pity that PSU doesn't have its own version of fantasy football, that would be pretty $#@!ing good!

Guess you're a Man Utd fan. Are you happy with Moyes? You think they will suffer any side effects with Sir Alex not being there anymore?

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    Tried joining the Sky Sports fantasy football but the app for the iPhone is buggy.

Pity that PSU doesn't have its own version of fantasy football, that would be pretty $#@!ing good!

Guess you're a Man Utd fan. Are you happy with Moyes? You think they will suffer any side effects with Sir Alex not being there anymore?
    Yep, I am! I'm a little tentative, but ultimately hopeful - it's gonna be a difficult balancing act between Moyes imposing his ethos on the club while at the same time respecting what Manchester United is primarily about. Success most likely won't be instant and at least I can accept that, unlike a lot of 'fans'. There was always goin' to be the hangover period following Fergie's reign and it's now about Moyes creating a team in his mould - which, of course, takes time.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    Yep, I am! I'm a little tentative, but ultimately hopeful - it's gonna be a difficult balancing act between Moyes imposing his ethos on the club while at the same time respecting what Manchester United is primarily about. Success most likely won't be instant and at least I can accept that, unlike a lot of 'fans'. There was always goin' to be the hangover period following Fergie's reign and it's now about Moyes creating a team in his mould - which, of course, takes time.
    I think that some of these fans needs to look at history and see that even the great Sir Alex didn't find success at Old Trafford instantly. Moyes will do a good job if he is given the time. Only thing that would concern me if I was A Man Utd fan, is his lack of dealing with the really top players and their egos. He certainly has had a tough start with the Rooney Saga

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Yep, might've even got the sack if he hadn't won that FA Cup in the 1989-90 season. That's true also, my only reservation upon him getting the job was the lack of European experience coupled with handling the egos that undoubtedly come with managing a top club. Not a big fan of Rooney the person, but as a player he's just incredible - we shouldn't even fathom selling him to Chelsea; that'd swing the title in their favour entirely.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    Jordie-SCO-
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    as a player he's just incredible
    Steady on....

Decent game last night to go to, Seville played really well and all 3 goals were brilliant team play. Hospitality was insane, actually just being at Old Trafford was insane. It really is an amazing ground, and even though I'll probably never be back in hospitality, I really just want to go to OT again, even if its up the back of the Sir Alex Ferguson stand. I'll try and get some pics up although I didn't take that many.

Cheeky 1-0 win to start the season off, pretty much controlled the game and East Fife had very few chances. Could have been more but strikers were crap. Also Iain Brines is a complete and utter $#@!e ref. $#@!ing bottled it at the start of the match, and later on where he said it was a studs up challenge on one of our players, but only gave a yellow. Tons of other decisions went against us, Didn't have a clue the whole $#@!ing game.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Ah but he is; £30 million is nearly laughable in this ridiculously inflated window. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scores a hat-trick on his BvB league debut and Cardiff are apparently closing in on Gary Medel - may as well play with ten men most games. Heh.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc

Football [Soccer] Thread

I agree, Wayne Rooney the person is a grade A $#@!. Mind you he does lean towards the Celtic persuasion so that would explain it lol but I also agree that when he applies himself he is a fantastic talent.

Personally speaking I don't think anyone is worth 30 million but put it this way, if I was playing Football Manager I wouldn't settle for less than around double that for Rooney. When you consider the inflated market and the ridiculous amount spent on mediocre players by the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool the Rooney is definitely worth around that

Quote Originally Posted by JordieDAFC View Post
    Cheeky 1-0 win to start the season off, pretty much controlled the game and East Fife had very few chances. Could have been more but strikers were crap. Also Iain Brines is a complete and utter $#@!e ref. $#@!ing bottled it at the start of the match, and later on where he said it was a studs up challenge on one of our players, but only gave a yellow. Tons of other decisions went against us, Didn't have a clue the whole $#@!ing game.
    You won the match chill

We got off to a nice wee 4-1 against the mighty Brechin. Considering all the controversy surrounding the club (again) nice that it hasn't effected the players.

That's us at the top of the league now mate, think we are going to lead from the front

We welcome the chase
    Last edited by Gers; 08-10-2013 at 21:48.

Thread Information