Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Elite Member
    guys c'mon let thaking619 be. He is entitled to his own opinion.

And honestly the elite is a pretty impressive product.

Comes with a 120GB harddisk! Black FINISH!! AND AN HDMI PORT!!!
    Some have even gotten it with 3 flashing red lights! z0mg i'm jealous

No seriously. If i didn't get a 360 for free i wouldn't've touched it with a stick until the 65nm processors are implemented and the build quality is improved.

Not long ago there was an article stating that MS had a shortage of coffins for 360's. How on god's earth can they have a shortage on cardboard boxes!? This is embarrasing. However the 360 when functioning does hold some great features and games.

Stop being fanboys and admit the 360 has some good games on and coming, but it isn't worth the risk of having it brick. Not for me anyways.

If the one i have now bricks i won't buy one until they seriously get their **** together.
    Setup

TV:
    Mirai DTL 642E500 | 42" 1080P HDTV
    Audio: Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround Sound
    Consoles: Playstation3 60GB Premium | Playstation 2

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    get the PS3 from best buy and get the 2 year warrnety with it.
    and get fall of man......

I went to EB games and I traded in my old ps2 with 2 controllers and a 8 mb memory card and got a 100 dollers off, if I had two ps2 with the same combo I coulda gotten 200 dollers off I couldnt find another controller so I just traded in 1.

zeonpilot
    Quote Originally Posted by EVILEMPIRE View Post
    619 thats san diego i live 30 min away bwahahahahhahaha
    You must live near my area because I'm less than an hour from san diego.

zeonpilot
    King should take that act on the stage. Upscaled 1080p via firm ware update instead of native 1080p along with a good chance of red lighting on you and scratching up your 60 dollar games. Yep, sounds like the way to go alright. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKing619 View Post
    no actually i have a ps3 and the entertainment and gaming experience doesnt even match up. sony could learn something from microsoft

Uhuh... ~ Graham

You're right man ....at least for the moment the situation is something like this ....
    Not enough games , no true online system , expensive.....

But let's see what will happen after September ...

Before you start the flame and FYI i own 2 Ps3's

But we must see the thing the way they are and not what we want them to be .....

I believe that Sony will give us a lot more with the 2.0 firmware if they keep their promisew for once ...

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Appolyons View Post
    Alright guys I think the impossible has happened...after being on this forum for almost a year I have decided to purchase a PS3. My question is this...where is the best place for me to get one? I ask this because I'm curious if anyone knows of a site/store where I dont have to pay 600 dollars...if thats the case...so be it. I'm open to all suggestions, thanks for the help guys. I now succomb myself officially to the PS3 community haha.
    If you have a target in your area, you can sign up for their credit card and you will save 10% off your purchase. that way you will only be paying $540 dollars!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]-----
    ------------------------------------------
    BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!
    2006 & 2007 NCAA BASEBALL!

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    Depends where you live. If you live in Canada, Don't buy it at Future Shop or Best Buy. You will get ripped off. Costco has some bundles that include weak games, so that too would not be a good choice.

That makes me wonder if there is a place in Canada where they haven't raised the price.
    I am so glad I got mine at Best Buy BEFORE those ***holes raised the price.
    EB Games still sell them for their suggested retail MSRP of 659.99 for the 60GB and 549.99 for the 20GB.
    I am a moron. Do not argue with me because I will drag you down to my level and win with experience .

My Imba 'net speed (no joke):

Elite Guru
    i say any place that has 2 year warrenty for $60. like best buy or circuit city. and do this. after 1 year go return it. say something wrong with ps3 say freezes on you then you get brand new ps3 with 65nm.

thats what im going to do with my elite. when 65nm comes out i just tell them freezes on me randomly. bada bing bada boom new console

Consoles i own : ps2 xbox360 Ps3 Wii psp
    Wanna see what i look like www.facebook.com/laoman

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKing619 View Post
    Dude go with a 360, they are alot better, the marketplace, the games, get an elite and youll get hdmi and a 120g hdd. trust me its alot better.

Dude, he wants a PS3. If you can't stick to the topic and help out, don't bother ~ Graham
    Hey King, you forgot to tell him about the 1080p emulator he will have to buy in order to match the 1080p that the PS3 supports.

You forgot to tell him about the $100 Wifi adapter he will have to buy

You forgot to tell him about the $200 HD-DVD add-on

You forgot to mention that Microsoft did not decide to come out with these additions until they saw that you get them all(blu-ray instead of HD-DVD) built into the core 60GB PS3

You forgot to tell him that the 360 is stuck in the 90s' because they already have games out and coming out that will require multiple discs.

You forgot to tell him about the tons of people that we all know that had are on their third and fourth 360s and it has not even been out for two years yet.

You forgot to tell him about Resistance:Fall of Man, MLB 07:The Show, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Virtua Fighter 5(has not been ported yet) Motorstorm, Lair, Heavenly Sword

You forgot to tell him that the online is free and improving for the PS3

You forgot to tell him that the games run on blu-ray, so as the developers become more aquainted with the hardware, they will utilize the extra memory very well.

You forgot to tell him so much, that I don't feel like continuing anymore. Someone please continue this for me if you feel necessary.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P209 View Post
    Don't shop at these online discount stores go out to best buy or circuit city get a 2year warranty and enjoy playing beyond

I bought a 2year warranty it cost $169 expensive yes but with a product that is $600 if anything goes wrong whether it be your fault or not you can take it back to the store and not have to deal with Sony. (try explaining your friend/cousin/nephew spilled soda on your PS3 to Sony)

If you are insistent on shopping online from a bargain store
    I refer you to this post http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=74430
    whoa...$170? i paid only $100 for a 2 year replacement warranty...are u from Canada?

WORLD SERIES 2009 CHAMPIONS BABY! #27! w0000t!

Dedicated Member
    In my country is almost US$1.103 what i have to pay for a PS3 and no warranty.

Mod In Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1993 View Post
    I got mine from futur shop for 2 reasons

1) Im 14 and my mom doesn't like me getting stuff off the internet
    2) there was a futurshop right by my house.

Also if you can get an extended warrenty because you never now what can happen.
    Wow my mom is the exact same but she buy crap off ebay every day.
    PS3 Forums Staff X100000000000

Apprentice
    about that gamestop where you trade in your ps2 and 10 games for a 100$. My opinion i would not do that its just a waste money. last time i traded my week old madden07 I payed 59.99(yes i live in delaware no taxes) Thats besides the point gamestop gave me 10$ for it. morale of the story is that they rip & rap people for there hard earned money

Quote Originally Posted by shiftey View Post
    about that gamestop where you trade in your ps2 and 10 games for a 100$. My opinion i would not do that its just a waste money. last time i traded my week old madden07 I payed 59.99(yes i live in delaware no taxes) Thats besides the point gamestop gave me 10$ for it. morale of the story is that they rip & rap people for there hard earned money

I didnt have to trade in any ps2 game only two ps2 controllers and a 8 mb memory card that was it if I had 1 more controller I would have gotten 200 dollers off because I had 2 ps2's.

Superior Member
    Just look up on ebay for really good deals (That's if you can trust the seller).
    I got mine for $600

Thread Information