Thread: Cant get on psn

Cant get on psn

My browsers fine but when i try to sign in it says an error has occurred 8002AA08
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cr7 60 gb ps3,psn - ranzy

Apprentice

yea thats happening to heaps of people lately ever since the firmware 1.8, mine just eventually worked over time, so maybe just wait abit

Dedicated Member
    I have had this problem once. but this is how I fixed it. I have a wireless lynksys wireless router so I moved it closer to the ps3 solved it. My router is in the basement and my ps3 is upstairs so I moved it on top of the printer. It increased the signal by 10-15 percent. pretty nice if you ask me.

Power Member
    Maybe check your settings also in the PS3. I remember when I had to move my PS3 to clean under it and around it, my internet settings got changed. Note that I disconnected it completely and not just lifted.

Sorry, this isn't the most appropriate place but as a newbie I can't create threads yet.

I'm having a few problems getting onto PSN. It's more hardware related so read on...

I have a PC and a broadband connection. And now I finally have a PS3 too (woohoo!).

Does the PS3 not have a built in modem? I'd assumed it would have. But I've been reading the manual and it seems to indicate that you have to connect the PS3 to a modem. Not a major problem I guess.

The 2 modems I have both don't have an Ethernet in. The only connection (apart from the obvious phone socket) that both have is usb (for connecting to PCs I guess). I tried connecting a modem to the PS3 through the usb port on the front but the devices were "unrecognised".

I also have a Netgear wireless router lying around; wireless would be my preferred option. The manual for this also says that the router has to be connected to a modem. But again it has an Ethernet out and in this case no usb. Hmm.

Have I just been unlucky with the 2 modems I have not having an Ethernet in?

I'm really frustrated that I can't get onto PSN. Any help gratefully received.

(By the way, I realise that the above isn't that clear... if you have any questions ask away and I'll try to answer!)

Superior Member
    for simplicity.. you need one with an ethernet.. most of the time your internet provider will provide it for you.

you can hook youc computer up using USB to your modem and then install another network card and hook the PS3 up that way but if you unaware it is possible and dont know much about networking, you may need to skip that idea completely

Thanks NNatic. I'm going to get rid of the Netgear wireless router and get an all-in-one (router + modem) to solve the problem. Fingers crossed!

Superior Member
    To Elise: it does not matter if the modem does not recieve the signal from ethernet; all that matters is that you can connect the modem to the PS3 via ethernet out. If you cannot do this and do not wish to purchase a new modem, you might consider getting a router that will support your current modem to connect to the PS3. Sorry if the help was a little bit too late.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yoda is awesome!

toadayoda: Ahh, thanks. That makes much more sense. I don't know why I got so confused.

I've gone for a combined router + modem. All being well that sound get me online sooner rather than later.

Thread Information