Which games make it worth it?

Its still very expensive, and I want to know which games really make it worth it to go out and buy this.

Its either this or Video iPod for Christmas...

Thanks!
    PS3 is for me...

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well iam sure there will be a price drop for the PSP.
    plus they just came out with a new PSP bundle for 20 dollars more u get
    1 gig memory card which better then the 32 mb card that comes with it.
    plus if u like GTA i have read that this is a really good PSP.

Banned
    Well, theres Ridge Racers, Coded Arms, Twisted Metal, Most Wanted (soon), SOCOM, Battlefront II, MC 3 DUB edition, and Virtua Tennis to name a few. Oh, and don't forget Lumines .

Elite Member
    Erm, don't waste your money on a video ipod. Are you honestly be content to watching 99 cent videos on a flipping 2 inch screen when you can watch full movies on a screen ever so much larger.

1) You can listen to music on both
    2) Viewing area is much larger on PSP
    3) You cannot play "good" games on IPOD

Go with the PSP, you won't regret it.

Forum Elder
    The only one feature that Ipod never have (and a good reason I wont get Ipod) is: To play games

Elite Guru
    If you are a big GTA fan like me, I would say Grand Theft Auto:Liberty City Stories for PSP.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by pacman326
    Erm, don't waste your money on a video ipod. Are you honestly be content to watching 99 cent videos on a flipping 2 inch screen when you can watch full movies on a screen ever so much larger.

hold on there buddy. that new iPod is a damn good deal.

look, you don't have to buy the videos to watch something...you can illegally download them. i'm not saying to not get a psp. btw i have one so it's not like i'm some xbox fan or somehing. i love the psp. but the video iPod is a good deal because you get 30 gb for 300 dollars which is a damn good deal. about 30 movies worth. that's plenty of space. if that's not enough for you, then go with 60 gb for 400 which is a good deal too. the screen is bigger and the iPod is slimmer. you won't regret the iPod but you won't regret the psp either.

also, to add. the psp memory sticks cost so much, 2 gb for 200 dollars. 1 gb for 100 dollars etc...as oppose to 300 dollars for a 30 gb. but i love my psp i just wish the memory cards would be cheaper and LARGER! so if you want to watch a lot of movies, definintely go with the iPod. but if you want your video game fix, DEFINITELY get the psp.
    Signature removed! See the rules page for allowed size and dimensions.

My issue is that I have a 4GB iPod Mini now. Its too small, I have double the amount of songs on my PC that my iPod can store.

With regards to videos, I would just add some music videos and Home videos. I'm sure there is a way to put them on? Do I have to spend money for that?

The PSP where I live is still largely overpriced. I really like it and thought it would be fun but games are priced the same as a PS2 game...

Should I not rather save having to buy PSP games, and keep the money for a PS3 and games? I really want to play GTA on the PSP and it look great, but cost wise I want to wait for the PS3.

Its not the fact that is a Video iPod, its the fact I need something bigger, and I want the newest product.
    PS3 is for me...

Veteran
    Yeah i have iPOD mini too and its alright for what it is but when you look at it the PSP offers so much more for the same price . Yes , over here in New Zealand an iPOD mini costs about the same as a PSP . Audio quality on the iPOD mini is great , don't know if its the same on the PSP but thats beside the point .
    PSP plays movies , games and music . Also heard you can surf the net on the PSP . I don't know of any iPOD model out there that can do these things . iPOD video comes close but its freagin' expensive (more than a PSP) also it doesnt play games .
    The only thing holding me back from purchasing a PSP is the rediculous price . It costs more than the new PS2 Slimline . Jeeezus !!
    http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/I_C_PEE.png

Alkemist
    Exactly. That's been the only thing thats prevented me from buying one. Though i guess ill give into my temptations and purchase one this holiday season. I'm leaning more towards the value pack than the giga pack. I know its like 50 bucks more, but I just cannot see myself paying $300+ on a handheld and the games all at once. The idea is just absurd. And yes i know the 1gb cards retail for somewhere aroud $70-$80 so i would be saving 20 or 30 bucks, but still. I don't know, i'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by pacman326

You will regret it. If you want to watch movies, get a nice portable DVD player from Best Buy or Target. That way you get a bigger screen, better audio, and you can use the full features of DVD's, not the BS format of UMD. The games are mediocre at best (including GTA). I am so pissed off that I spent over $400.00 initially for this over hyped piece of crap. I am selling mine if you are interested, lol.
    PSN ID: butbadger
    Games: Motor Storm, Uncharted, Resistance, Armored Core, Metal Gear Solid 4, LBP

Apprentice

Haha...Yea the PSP is overhyped. For less than $200 you can get the portable DVD player with LCD screen MedicineMan was talking about.

I do love my PSP, but that's because I can run homebrew on mine and I'll be modding it as soon as the modchip becomes available. As Sony sells the PSP right now, its not worth it and I would strongly recomend that anyone who doesn't plan on using homebrew should wait for a price drop.

What else could Sony have done to make the PSP worth it? Only 2 things: More RAM and a touchscreen so the webbrowser would actually be useful.
    Then the PSP included a touchscreen. Then the PSP included more ram. Then the PSP finally ditched the crappy UMD format.

And then the PSP was perfect...

adamba4e
    I would say that Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories makes the PSP worth it. I did not expect to see a game like GTA LCS on a hadheld for a long time.

Elite Member

I would say right now, do not buy the PSP, not many games are worthy enough to dish out 250 + 50 for each game. I would say wait until more games are released, lots of games that get released by PSP don't make the 9/10 options, but it's close. Not good enough though.

Maybe it'll be good enough for the STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3 MAX port, with everything plus more....

Thread Information