Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Red face How can I exchange my PS3 for an Xbox 360 at Gamestop???

I was wondering if you can take your PS3 to a Gamestop store and sell/exchange it for an Xbox 360. I really want Halo 3 and hardly ever play my PS3 amynore and since Gamestop takes used video games I thought maybe thay also can take consoles...please help!!

Master Poster

whos crazy 2nd account is this?

The_Light
    Yes, they will. However they will offer you about half its retail value.

Elite Sage
    Alotta people will tell you to sell it instead of trading it in.

Master Guru
    Don't trade it in dude. Sell it. That's the only way to go.

Brian

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsonal View Post
    Alotta people will tell you to sell it instead of trading it in.
    yeah and im one of them DONT TAKE IT TO GAMESTOP AND TRADE IT!!!!! just try selling it dude or just buy the 360 also its not too much money.. and that way you will have both consoles

Dedicated Member

Yes, ask us because this is clearly the gamestop support forum...did you know that you can walk in the store and ask? You even call them with this new device called a telephone it lets you call people who are miles away...

By the way, its really cool the you haven't made a post if 4 weeks...stealth troll FTW?

Seriously, heres a headline for you gameing blog lurkers: "BREAKING NEWS: PS3forums users are trading in their PS3 for an Xbox 360. More as this develops...."

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2go View Post
    just buy the 360 also its not too much money..
    Excuse me?

How much money do you make?
    Avatar credit goes to Mik2121 of NeoGAF

Quote Originally Posted by maltrophstitan View Post
    whos crazy 2nd account is this?

Bwahahaha! That's classic...

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by exYle View Post
    Excuse me?

How much money do you make?
    250 for a console and game is pretty cheap. If the price drop to 170ish I'm going to get one just for value for money.

seamonkey92
    Dont trade it in dont sell it keep the ps3 the ps3 rules over the 360 r u crazy or hav u been druged by xbox fanboys

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey92 View Post
    Dont trade it in dont sell it keep the ps3 the ps3 rules over the 360 r u crazy or hav u been druged by xbox fanboys

while i agree to some point, at this moment in time and for the forseeable future the 360 is a much better choice for GAMES, which is what these machines are made for.

The ports are better, and you have the biggest games coming out this year.

Also gears is out and cheap now, for pre owned anyway, forza 2 just landed, DIRT is out soon, then theres all the back catalogue, better running ports.

and games like bioshock,blue dragon,halo 3, Mass effect, TOo human.trusty bell and many more coming out just soon.

so yeah, just sit and think logically for a minute.
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

Elite Member
    Honestly, don't trade in the PS3 for a 360 as you'll just be losing value. If you have to get rid of it to afford the 360 sell it you will get better value for it.

But yeah, i'd get both consoles rather than selling one. If you work hard one month you'll be able to afford it. Work overtime

But if you have to, sell it and don't trade it.
    Setup

TV:
    Mirai DTL 642E500 | 42" 1080P HDTV
    Audio: Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround Sound
    Consoles: Playstation3 60GB Premium | Playstation 2

EVILEMPIRE
    Go trade it You will be back trust me you will be back bwahahahha sorry just had say that

Superior Member
    while i agree to some point, at this moment in time and for the forseeable future the 360 is a much better choice for GAMES, which is what these machines are made for.

The ports are better, and you have the biggest games coming out this year.

Also gears is out and cheap now, for pre owned anyway, forza 2 just landed, DIRT is out soon, then theres all the back catalogue, better running ports.

and games like bioshock,blue dragon,halo 3, Mass effect, TOo human.trusty bell and many more coming out just soon.

so yeah, just sit and think logically for a minute.
    Dude we've got tons of decent games coming out this year. Just look at all the ones that game out Gamer's Day (or maybe GDC I can't rember)

R&c, Haze, MGS4 just to name a few
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Feuerstarter View Post
    Dude we've got tons of decent games coming out this year. Just look at all the ones that game out Gamer's Day (or maybe GDC I can't rember)

R&c, Haze, MGS4 just to name a few

Dude im not insulting at all, im saying at this moment in time. I love my ps3, but i admit on the gamess fron its collecting dust, im playing MGS3 subsistance upscaled and playing blu ray movies, but at this moment in time and for the forseeable future the 360 is a better choice if you have to choose one.

Haze is gonna come to 360, R&C looks amazing, MGS4 is more or less 10 months away.

I HAVE to own a ps3 and i love it, but if i was honestly forced to choose one or another i would have the 360 at the minute, i cant comment on the future becuase it all might change!

but honestly, forza 2, gears of war, halo 3 in september, GTA 4 in october, MASS EFFECT soon, TOO HUMAN, DMC4, DIRT, PLUS all the multiplatform games i havnt said, ANd RPG's LIKE BLUE DRAGON, LOST ODYSSEY.....and of course BIOSHOCK!!!! oh and PGR4

i mean seriousley!

Its blatently the best option, IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE!

I think all those games are THIS year aswell, not next year.

Im not dissing the ps3, every one knows its in for the long haul, Im just saying for the next 6 months or so...the 360 is defo kicking butt. We havnt seen plans for 08.

anyways...thats all i was sayin
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

Apprentice
    How do you trade in a PS3 for 360 you ask?

Easy answer - Don't.
    Playstation 3 60GB with Motorstorm, played on a Sony Bravia W series 1080p!

Super Elite
    From an impartial standpoint, right now I'd choose the 360, better selection of games and online content..
    "It's a wonder you still know how to breathe"

Master Poster
    I was thinking about selling my PS3 aswell....there's just nothing worth playing in the for-seeable future and the price of the system just sitting there is killing me a little.

The Xbox 360 is twice the games machine of the PS3 right now and will be for a long time.

Superior Member

Dasimpse don't mention multiplat games... look at exclusives this year only... then choose.

And scotracer... PFFT. Look at exclsuives, the PS3's 2nd gen games kick ass of the 360's 3rd gen games and not just in quantity... SRSLY, what are you guys talking about?

Dave Karraker: For too long, people who didn't play games thought they were just for 11 year old boys, when that is simply not the case. I think we helped them see the light.

Super Elite

I thought about selling mine too, I have the 20Gb ps3. I don't know if sell it or keep it for my collection of consoles, but the problem is people and stores like EB games want to buy so cheap. Anyways I see why people want to sell their Ps3.

Master Guru
    No way I'll trade my PS3 in for a 360 right now or sell it for one, but there are some great games coming out for the 360 right now and in the next 6 months. If you want the best gaming experience for the "now", the 360 is probably the best option.

If you want games that are probably only possible and ONLY designed for the strength of the console, the PS3 is going to be hard to beat in the next 18 months. There's just so many unique experiences coming to the PS3 that just don't seem to be showing up anywhere else. Little Big Planet is totally unique and is creating a brand new type of gaming experience, shattering any other game in terms of creativity, Lair is just crazy with it's epic scale, Signstar is totally gay, but will sell millions for those who are into that sort of thing (LOL!), Uncharted is offering a gaming experience I've been waiting for for years, Warhawk Beta has me really excited with the numerous ways to die and be killed with no lag. And this isn't even the games that I knew about before I bought my PS3. MGS4, FF13, R&C, Sly Cooper, GT5 (Up to TWENTY cars online, $#@!pit view, variable weather during races).

People are right in these forums. There are going to be more quality experiences on the 360 gaming library this summer and starting into the fall. But the PS3 will start releasing stuff this fall and beyond, and there will be no looking back. I highly doubt there will be too many hiccups game release wise for the PS3 in 2008.

I bought my PS3 because I knew I'd get a huge variety of gaming experiences I couldn't get anywhere else. The more Sony has been showing, the more happy I am with my launch day purchase.

If you're willing to wait a bit longer, the PS3 will treat you well. If not, then you'll get some great games on the 360 as well. But don't be surprised if you regret not having a PS3 when the likes of LBP, Home, Uncharted, and Warhawk come out this winter. I know I would. Best would be to have both.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Soulxxx View Post
    Dasimpse don't mention multiplat games... look at exclusives this year only... then choose.

And scotracer... PFFT. Look at exclsuives, the PS3's 2nd gen games kick ass of the 360's 3rd gen games and not just in quantity... SRSLY, what are you guys talking about?

Elite Member

Put your PS3 on ebay instead, you will get more money.

BadAndy
    To the OP, go to the store and set it on the counter, hand them your games, controllers, etc. they will then give you money which you can use to purchase a 360, or if your really lost you could just call them. Wait, whats the point of this thread, doesnt it belong in the ask a question thread?

Apprentice
    gamestop is like the government,dont do it man.they will give you 350 store credit for the ps3 hardrive and controller.its alot less if you want cash.try ebay or just be smart and keep it.by the way they will then sell your ps3 for 549.99............
    Proud owner of a new 80gb MGS bundle
    30" sanyo HD tv\hdmi\1080p

Thread Information