Electronic Warrior

Downloading Demos Through PC?

My PS3 isn't connected to the internet right now, and probably won't be until I get back to the US (Stupid USB modem...). Is there a way you can download content on the PSN on the PC and carry it over to the PS3? I just did that with the update, and it worked just fine. I'll take a look-see at PlayStation Underground, and see if I can dig something up, but hopefully one of the fine folks on this forum has already done so, or knows how to do it.

Word.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ever since my experience points went into triple digits, I've had to keep the ladies and valkyries away with a +3 two handed broadsword.

Forum Elder
    You can't do that, which is unfortunate for you. Why don't you go to a friend's house and download demo's you want, onto a USB Drive and bring it back to your home.

Superior Member
    not really, but there are ways that unofficially will allow you to do so if you have your ps3 and pc on the same network.
    ill probably get banned for posting this but here you go:
    google ps3proxy
    its a program that reroutes your ps store to your pc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PS3 60 GB (ugraded to 320 GB) - December 2006
    PSP Slim (m33 custom firmware) - August 2008
    Xbox 360 60 GB - November 2008
    Currently playing: Fallout 3 (Xbox 360), Left 4 Dead

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTheSteel View Post
    not really, but there are ways that unofficially will allow you to do so if you have your ps3 and pc on the same network.
    ill probably get banned for posting this but here you go:
    google ps3proxy
    its a program that reroutes your ps store to your pc
    That program doesnt download things onto your PC but allows you to access certain things in the PlayStation store and download them using your PS3. This won't help him - besides he'd get banned.

Electronic Warrior
    Eh, I don't really care that much. I've still got PS2 games that I'm playing, but I just wanted to know if you could do stuff like that. I don't really care much about having to do a bunch of stuff. I'll get them all in due time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ever since my experience points went into triple digits, I've had to keep the ladies and valkyries away with a +3 two handed broadsword.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Beodude123 View Post
    My PS3 isn't connected to the internet right now, and probably won't be until I get back to the US (Stupid USB modem...). Is there a way you can download content on the PSN on the PC and carry it over to the PS3? I just did that with the update, and it worked just fine. I'll take a look-see at PlayStation Underground, and see if I can dig something up, but hopefully one of the fine folks on this forum has already done so, or knows how to do it.

Word.
    lmao i had a USB modem and my internet wouldnt work for soo long anyway.. Does it have an ethernet port if so unplug the USB and just use the Etherent!

thats how i got mine to work

Master Poster
    I had a usb modem just a few months back untill i got wifi. all I did was connect a ethernet from the ps3 to the pc and set your internet connection to shared. It's a pain that you need your pc on at the same time but it works.

Master Guru
    tough one there... would be cool if you could access through pc, and download stuff TO your ps3 from your Pc, you know, wirelessly.

dftstyles
    Yes, that would be nice to have!

1lyi1
    No, you can't. All demos are downloaded directly to your PS3. In fact, you can't even back them up by copying them to an external storage device.

Thread Information