Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    FragginHoes

Why do people cry over multiplatform games?

Recently I've seen lots of people crying because certain games are multiplatform rather than PS3 exclusives and I can't quite figure out why? Is it so they can have something to rub in X-Box fans faces and vice versa or does it actually compromise the game's integrity. I just don't understand why it is such a big deal if a game comes out for all systems rather than just one. If I was a game developer I would release my games for all consoles because that would tend to lead toward bigger dollars for my company. Is there any legit reason for all the whining or is it just for fan boy bragging rights?

Wearevenom1
    Cross platformers loose quality big time. I love MGS series and I want MGS4 to stay exclusive so that it doesn't loose quality being transfered to the Box.

Veteran
    Because if they go to the 360 they will never be able to be as good as they could have been if they would have stayed exclusive, with all that space you have to make a game for the ps3 the games could easilly be 2 to 3 times better that they will be if they have to fit in a DVD9
    BTP666
    Im thirsty any one have any haterade?
    PS3 Games 18
    Blu-ray's 7

Apprentice
    well for one, a lot of the games people are complaining about going multi platform were ps3 exclusives, and some of these games were "system sellers" (meaning the release of these games would boost ps3's sales because they aren't available on any other system). another reason is, game developers tend to build multi-platform games around the dominant console and porting the finished product to the less dominant console. this would mean most multi-platform games would be developed and tailored for the 360, leaving ps3 owners with a less impressive version of the game.

over the course of ps3's and 360's history, ported games from the 360 to the ps3 have proven to be sub par. leaving the ps3 with poor frame rates, poor lighting, sometimes poor graphics.

the point of owning a ps3 rather than a 360 is to utilize that extra $200 you spent on the console. the ps3's ability to play ps3 games using bluray allows for larger games and more content. the ps3's cell processor is extremely powerful and capable of amazing physics. if game's go multi-platform you cant utilize these features.

Quote Originally Posted by FragginHoes View Post
    If I was a game developer I would release my games for all consoles because that would tend to lead toward bigger dollars for my company.
    Which is why a lot of game developer's are doing just that, rather than sticking to one console like they have in the past.

I can't blame developers for wanting to broaden their market, but this greediness is whats destroying the point of owning one console rather than the other. if everything goes multi-platform, we might as well just all own one console. the competitive aspect of having exclusive titles for each console is what pushes developers, and console makers to be the best. if m$ was the only console provider, there would be no reason for them (or game developers) to push the envelope because there would be no one to compete against.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    Because the Xbox 360 owners wants all the games to go multiplatform,so they can keep their money to the Xbox related buys,so it's therefor we want our exclusives to stay,so we can keep our quality games to sell many Playstation 3 consoles

Actually almost all of the Multi platform games are appearing late on PS3...
    Rainbox six Vegas, DiRT, UT3...Splinter Cell is canceled...
    PS3 is losing big time...

First of all, quality is reduced (yeah, allot of lazy developers out there) other than that, I payed over $700 on my PS3. I demand quality games that people with $400 consoles can't get Simple.

Wearevenom1
    Quote Originally Posted by twentypointfive View Post
    well for one, a lot of the games people are complaining about going multi platform were ps3 exclusives, and some of these games were "system sellers" (meaning the release of these games would boost ps3's sales because they aren't available on any other system). another reason is, game developers tend to build multi-platform games around the dominant console and porting the finished product to the less dominant console. this would mean most multi-platform games would be developed and tailored for the 360, leaving ps3 owners with a less impressive version of the game.

Thats part of it, but really what I said earlier. I don't want an inferior console bringing my MGS4 down. I have been more impressed with first party games lately and good developers that aren't lazy and don't shoddily port a shoddy game to begin with cough cough Ubi cough generally make the games good for both systems. But when the PS3 gets down graded to a 360 quality game well that just sucks.

Superior Member
    What i dont like is when they make games like DMC4 for 360 talking about they want to reach every gamer (capcom) but they cant make Lost planet for the ps3??? WTF is that about! if they want to reach all the gamers they need to make all the games multiplatform....capcom needs to get off Microsoft NUTS!

Super Elite

I think you will find that outside the confines of the net nobody is really bothered about what games are on what systems or what system can do what, only when you stray into the confines of the net will you get within reading distance of the small vocal minority who want everybody else to be as miserable and unhappy as they are.

Hence their constant negative paranoid outlook on anything they have deemed unworthy..

Forum Sage

The reason why most people complain is because they get tired of getting sub par games on a console that is capable of so much more. It shouldn't have to be about reaching as many gamers as possible or about making as much money as possible. Why sacrifice the integrity of a game in the name of the larger population? Why should I have to put up with a multiplatform MGS4 instead of an exclusive? Why should I have to deal with this to begin with? Developers know which console their games are suited for the best and it should be kept that way. The bottom line is, I don't want a half a$$ port in the name of equality for the general gamer.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    easy it can mean a lot of things such as exclusives sale consoles, and quality. In this generation it is going to mean a big deal because the impact of cell and blu-ray

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    two reasons

1. MP games are rarely ever as good as exclusives in terms fo quality, detail, and special configuration for that consol

2. our good exclusives go MP to rival consoles so we lose some advantage we have in the games department.

i very rarely get MP games except for sports titles because i have no choice there. only ubisoft makes great MP games

Sublimely Static
    Quote Originally Posted by FragginHoes View Post
    Recently I've seen lots of people crying because certain games are multiplatform rather than PS3 exclusives and I can't quite figure out why? Is it so they can have something to rub in X-Box fans faces and vice versa or does it actually compromise the game's integrity. I just don't understand why it is such a big deal if a game comes out for all systems rather than just one. If I was a game developer I would release my games for all consoles because that would tend to lead toward bigger dollars for my company. Is there any legit reason for all the whining or is it just for fan boy bragging rights?
    Mainly for people like me it is about system strengths. I have all three systems and yet I also dislike multiplatform. All of the systems work differently and so the engine has to be made generic and nothing will work to systems strength. between the PS3 and the 360, core gameplay might also change depending on AI, physics, or the amount of geometry that can be displayed. Textures, streaming or compressed become a different ballgame with attention normally divided yet the end goal must look the same because most companies do not want to offend fanbase.

Quality suffers when game goes multiplatform.. not so much that the game is unplayable or boring it just prevents titles from being as great as they could have been.

Elite Member

For me, it's a few reasons.

First, because it ends up making the game less than it could be on one or both platforms. DVD9 has significantly less space available than Bluray; PS3 has different RAM and programming structure requirements that make porting less than ideal.

Second, it brings up really dumb comparisons (like "the version on XXXXX is better than on YYYYY, clearly proving that XXXXX is better than YYYYY." Those arguments rarely make sense, and they make me want to kill ignorant people, so I'd prefer not to see them.)

And third, because I trusted certain devs when they told me what platform I should buy. Kojima told me to buy PS3 for his game, and that's what I did. If he switches and makes an MGS4 on the 360 which is just as good as on the PS3 (probably meaning that he's lowered the quality on both), then I should have waited before buying and made my decision a lot later. I would feel like he'd lied to me, and that wouldn't make me very happy.

Watch out! I edit my posts too much!

* Card carrying Apple geek. Here, try my Kool-aid. *

Wearevenom1
    Should I start a thread called why do the 360 guys cry when PS3 exclusives don't go multiplatform?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wearevenom1 View Post
    Should I start a thread called why do the 360 guys cry when PS3 exclusives don't go multiplatform?
    Maybe one asking why they seem to make up so many debunked rumours...

Superior Member

PS3 fanboys have all rights to cry about it! they love their exclusives! it's like their girlfriend and they don't want her to go away to some other guy. lol losing exclusive is like losing your girl to some fags. lol

the xbox360 fanboy however does not care much about the games. they just want it so they can laugh at sony and ps3 fanboys.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sai View Post
    the xbox360 fanboy however does not care much about the games. they just want it so they can laugh at sony and ps3 fanboys.
    I thought that for 360 fans, it was all about the games, and for ps3 fans, it was all about Bluray and things that have nothing to do with games...

Hmm... Those 360 boys lied to me, didn't they...

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    I thought that for 360 fans, it was all about the games, and for ps3 fans, it was all about Bluray and things that have nothing to do with games...

Hmm... Those 360 boys lied to me, didn't they...
    i mean the xbox360 fans don't care much about ps3 exclusive games. and that they just want to brag about it coming to their system. ofcourse they cared about their own games... and it seems like the only type of games they cared about is shooter/first person shooters.

but i could be wrong. since i don't care much about the 360, it's fans, or their games. to be honest the only 360 exclusive that interest me is Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata. but that's not enough for me to go buy the system.

Superior Member
    Less exclusives
    =
    Less console sales
    =
    Less profit to sony
    =
    LESS EVERYTHING

See the pattern here?

D

We luv u insomniac

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pgsley View Post
    Because if they go to the 360 they will never be able to be as good as they could have been if they would have stayed exclusive, with all that space you have to make a game for the ps3 the games could easilly be 2 to 3 times better that they will be if they have to fit in a DVD9
    Depending the game needs it.. I mean if you ported a game like Civ IV to all platforms.. it would still be a great game and would not need all the space you are talking about. There seems to be a strange and weird idea in these forums that a game has to be top gun in the graphics department before it is fun.. I totally disagree.. Gameplay weighs 10 fold compared to graphics.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by twentypointfive View Post
    well for one, a lot of the games people are complaining about going multi platform were ps3 exclusives, and some of these games were "system sellers" (meaning the release of these games would boost ps3's sales because they aren't available on any other system).
    WRONG! Most of these multiplatform games were NEVER PS3 exclusives. They were all PS2 exclusives. With the possible exception of MGS, none of these multiplatform games were really system sellers. The Ace Combat and GTA series were both mediocre until they appeared on the PS2. Devil May Cry did not exist at all prior to PS2. These games became best sellers because of the PS2, but nobody bought a PS2 at launch in anticipation of GTA3 or DMC.
    <p>
    Now that these games have made it big and are going multiplatform, a lot of PS3 owners fear that it will encourage people to buy the cheaper Xbox 360 instead of the PS3. They think that this will further damage PS3 sales and as a result, fewer games for PS3 will be made.
    <p>
    The PS2 brought brand new games to the market and gave life to games that were once left for dead. There is no reason why the PS3 won't do the same. With first and second party titles like God of War and Socom, the PS3 isn't as dependant on the old PS2 exclusives as people may think. That being said, there are plenty of unique titles coming to the PS3 as well. Warhawk, Lair, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and The Agency are just the beginning. Brand new games will set the standard for MS/Sony fanboys to fight over. Think about it like this. 10 years from now, people will be talking about "Heavenly Sword 6 is going multiplatform!!! lol Xbox v3.0 pwns PS4!!"

Super Elite
    Personally, multiplatform sucks, UNLESS the game was developed with the PS3 hardware as the main platform as DMC4 and Haze are doing...
    I honestly think all these PlayStation based franchises that are going multiplatform won't be selling too well on the 360.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SkipRat
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai View Post
    PS3 fanboys have all rights to cry about it! they love their exclusives! it's like their girlfriend and they don't want her to go away to some other guy. lol losing exclusive is like losing your girl to some fags. lol

PMSL Man that cracked me up.........But in all honestly and as an owner of both the PS3 and 360 i do prefer for both formats to keep there respective exclusives........otherwise make's a mockery of owning both consoles......

Thread Information