Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    mgillespie
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgefate View Post

Playstation 3:
    - Mass delayes on all products
    - No real hitting games out yet
    - Blu-ray lawsuit problems
    - Small install base
    Errm, sorry to kill your PS3 negatives, there are no problems with Blu-Ray lawsuits, it's a chancer comany trying it on.... The 360 also had a small userbase (smaller infact) at the same time in it's life. It also had even crappier games (no 360 launch titles even come close to Resistance or Motorstorm).

As for delays, some sure, but not everything,... However, everything you say about the 360 is true....

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeerox View Post
    oh for the love of.............how stupid are posters getting these days, I mean ****ing seriously?????

current means right now, next means AFTER, generation means a form, type, class, etc., of objects existing at the same time and having many similarities or developed from a common model or ancestor: a new generation of computers.

we're past the next-gen phase. The PS3 is out. It's now current-gen as both the 360 and PS3 are out.
    You know you really don't have to let the little issues of semantics upset you so

"Winners Don't Do Fanboyism"
    Wii # 3403 5616 4484 2777
    Nihongo dekimasu ka?

Superior Member
    Both consoles have flaws, but that doesen`t make either one a bad purchase imo.
    - Hardcore Gamer -

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by coffeerox View Post
    oh for the love of.............how stupid are posters getting these days, I mean ****ing seriously?????

current means right now, next means AFTER, generation means a form, type, class, etc., of objects existing at the same time and having many similarities or developed from a common model or ancestor: a new generation of computers.

we're past the next-gen phase. The PS3 is out. It's now current-gen as both the 360 and PS3 are out.
    I agree completely. This is a stupid discussion. The PS3 is supperior to the PS2 in every way but one... quantity of games. People seem to forget that it's taken 7 years to build up that library. Then they go on about how the 360 has games and we don't... the counter to that is the 360's been out a year longer and you can count the quality games available for that system on one hand. Quit whining... the future is bright for console gamming and I for one am spending more time playing than complaining on forums.

Master Poster

I'm going to disagree with you and this is STRICTLY based on my own opinions and tastes. I feel with a "nextgen" console it should offer visuals and games I have never seen before. It should revamp old franchises I like while still offering new IP's and I feel that the 360 and PS3 are and WILL do this. First off almost everygame I play I see the nextgen visuals. I mean honestly they are leaps and bounds better then last gen stuff and both consoles killer app or not do this already with Gears, Lost Planet, Condemend and Saint's Row for 360 Motorstorm, Fight Night Round 3, and Virtua Fighter 5 on PS3. Both offer great sound for tohse who have a good sound system and both are giving us new versions of old favorites (Halo 3, Devil May Cry and Tekken) while offering us exciting new IP's (Lair, Mass Effect, and Assains Creed) hardware failure (360) and delayed game products (PS3) do NOT hinder the "nextgen" expierence for me at all. Those are NOT even evaluated into the equasion. Simply put if the games were only SLIGHTLY better visually then last gen or I was getting the SAME EXACT software as my old last gen console was (i.e. Mass Effect for both Xbox and 360) then I would feel a little underwhelmed but such is not the case. Each console is offering you new outlets and expierences PS2 and Xbox could NEVER do. Not to mention that this gen is more about connecting through the internet and digital. You see this with LIVE and PSN. BOTH online structures for last gen were in the infancy stage and no where NEAR as robust as they are now. The level of community connectivity has jumped astronamically. I think that was more of the focus for both consoles then anything and for me it's showing. I feel ocnnected on my 360 with my friends, family and other fellow gamers that I never did before and it's great! I think you weren't looking deep enough into this, but this is only my outlook.

Apprentice

I kind of agree with the OP, but in a different way.

Look at what all of us are doing. There really is nothing much to do for the PS3 right now. Not until the end of this summer at least. All we're doing right now is browsing these forums, talking about "OMGZ, new MGS4 trailer" or "OMGZ, R6Vegas has some new content not included in the 360". We're spending more time on these forums talking about upcoming things rather than playing the PS3. In short, there is nothing to do for the PS3 right now. I'm sure many people are thinking to themselves that they should have held off buying the PS3 until this winter time.

It makes you step back and think when we are talking/discussing about the PS3 more than we play it.

Superior Member

in my opinion, the only true next gen sytem is the PS3!

-totally new never before use processor, the Cell!
    -next gen disc format. Blu-ray! (never before use in any gaming console)
    -the first console to have HDMI(v.1.3) port to support true HD! (never before use in any gaming console)
    -the only system with HDMI 1.3 (i heard xbox360 elite doesn't have HDMI 1.3)
    -interior hardware design totally kicks ass! have you seen it? it's like no other. sony have some kickass engineer!
    -ps home! the first ever of its kind in a console!!!

so there you have it, the PS3 system itself is next gen. it just needs true next gen games. which ofcourse will eventually be out.

the xbox360 in my opinion is semi next gen.
    it can produce next gen visual in its games but the system isn't so next gen.

-still using pop out disc tray. (so old school)
    -using DVD9 - (why not HD-DVD or Blu-ray? why use an older disc format?)
    -no HDMI! (until recently with elite)
    -the only system with no motion sensor! (ofcourse you could say PS3 is the only system with no rumble but rumble is a thing in the past!)

as you can see the xbox360 itself isn't so next gen compared to the ps3.
    and the xbox360 interior hardware design is really bad.

so from a hardware standpoint, these system are next gen...

Apprentice

Wii my friend is NOT next-gen. Wii is last gen with a gimmick. Wii is garbage, hell i just got rid of my gamecube, cause it was reminding me of the Wii. I grew up with Nintendo, but the best thing for us true gamers is that an earthquake swallow their main HQ up. Wii is the bane to the gaming business, hands down. Ubisoft even admitted they put crap games out on it, cuase it was the *bleep* dump of making a quick buck.

Yeah Reggie says Wii;s are selling, but REggie, are the games any good, go figure.

Veteran
    They are both next gen man, just chill
    BTP666
    Im thirsty any one have any haterade?
    PS3 Games 18
    Blu-ray's 7

Apprentice

I saw sunlight today, it's amazing, gave me a fresh perspective on life. You can go outside, kick a footy around, and it doesn't seem like the world's doomed because PS3 hasn't got it's A Class games out yet (Well, I think it has)

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    well they are both next gen consoles.
    and they are both good
    Coolguy lol, I'm sorry but could you be any more vague and unopinionated with pretty much all of your posts ever since you bought a PS3? :P

Forum Guru
    I'm amazed at the lack of patience...ps3 has only been out for half a year!!! Give it time man, ps2 was lame for awhile too! If you're old enough to remember. Many, many things are next gen about the ps3...and sony's delays, etc. have nothing to do with the ps3 being next gen or not!

Note: I do agree about the ps3's lack of games, but as I said, it's only been half a year. Will you think the ps3 doesn't have any games come fall?

Dedicated Member
    I realize there is 1 from both that some people don't see as a problem or not sure what it is but even without them 2, in short of what I was trying to say was I don't think we will see next-gen for awhile.

The post was just my opinion not anything to freak out about guys I just wanted to know what you thought about this gen where it stands now with hardware & games now, what do you think so far?

I wasn't making this to start a fanboy war or even a argument I just really wanted to know how many people feel this is really next-gen the good & bad I know people like there PS3 an there Xbox but both have problems that make this so called gen feel far from next.

Yes, I do know it is early in the game but not really that early any more an yes like I said in 1st post I think next-gen will show when Halo 3 an MGS an all big hits come out but atm where it stands my PS3 is non stop delays an my Xbox has broke down 3 times I feel like I been cheated.

An the reason for leaving Wii out is because I really don't think it is next-gen besides the wii chucks an the name I don't think it will brake or bring new games that even up real looking graphics an the Wii isn't fun when you play by yourself it is a party console.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'89beretta
    Sorry but there are a few things I must get out because I really don't see this as no where near next-gen
    You're correct. We are in "current gen" now, as "next gen" is a good 4-6 years off now. The future, as you put it.

Electronic Warrior
    What do you expect? Super high quality gameplay and graphics to pop out of nowhere? Yeah, it sucks that many games are getting delayed, but come on dude, have some freaking dang patience. This whole freaking world needs a good dose of patience. Just chill out for a bit, play some good PS2 games (that are still coming out), and relax. "You can't always get what you want..."

Things take time. This is new hardware, a new learning curve, new games. The Sixaxis introduces a lot of new facets to gameplay, and the textures are that much higher. Sometimes you just have to wait for things. That's what it means to be an early adopter. I wasn't one last generation, in fact I got one a few days after the PS2 dropped to $200. But still, I figured that things like this would happen, same as they do for every post launch period.

This world has gone to a must have now mentality. If it's not there right now, I want it! Now! Sure, I want the games as well, but I understand that things take time. Chill the freaking heck out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ever since my experience points went into triple digits, I've had to keep the ladies and valkyries away with a +3 two handed broadsword.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Sorry but there are a few things I must get out because I really don't see this as no where near next-gen at least not for another 4-6 months for both ends xbox & playstation an here is why.

Next-gen means the future , something new & upgraded, an to me this is not it - at least for a while anyways cause how I see it both consoles are starting to turn people away.

Playstation 3:
    - Mass delayes on all products
    - No real hitting games out yet
    - Blu-ray lawsuit problems
    - Small install base

Xbox360:
    - Disc scratching
    - Ring of death
    - Forcing xbox owners to have or somehow be one with vista
    - Nothing is or will be free

Both consoles have problems for PS3 it is products for xbox360 it is the hardware to me this gen seems more a race for who can keep their console going the longest.

Xbox fans keep going to Playstation because they have more hardware problems with there console an Playstation fans keep going to xbox because there is no games coming out an just mass delays.

Like I said up top I don't think we will see a next-gen for 4-6 months because by then microsoft will have there hardware problems worked out an sony will have more products out, but both will have their massive hitting titles out.

I would really like to know what you as gamers with just 1 console or both really think, next-gen?

(This is just what I been thinking sorry if some of you take this as a flame or don't like what I have to say.)

mods please give this article a few days in PS3 section before moving to
    General Chit Chat (dead zone)

This is an excellent question...Next gen? yes..to a degree. I think we'd do well to remember that the other stuff that we are able to do with the system as well, makes it, more of a allround next gen experience. Yes, it's seven months into its life cycle, and still...we ain't got any 1st class games...The weight of expectation on sony to deliver these services, after all, the ps3 aint just about the games (for me anyway..), is huge, and i know your all probably thinking, "yeah..but they would have planned in advance for this..allowing for error's etc along the way..wouldn't they?..so that the roll out is smooth, with releases along the opening months.."..but this is sony...the potential for the ps3 is massive...and it will be exploited..it will just take time...what else is new...

Power Member
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    blah blah f ucking blah, whinge about this, b itch about that. Man if you dont like them, dont buy them, IT IS that simple!!!

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post
    blah blah f ucking blah, whinge about this, b itch about that. Man if you dont like them, dont buy them, IT IS that simple!!!
    Why are you even adding a post to this thread?

To start ****? take you own advice please if you don't like what you see don't post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudninja View Post
    The PS3 is young man, no one wants to give it a chance.The 360 hardware problems are bad, but their software is kickass ,The PS3 is opposite for now, it has great hardware, but lack softaware
    you hit te nail on the head right there, the software lineup for the ps3 will start at the end of this month, and it will prgress to many more in the folowing weeks after, for the summer the ps3 have a total of 8 games in june, 8 games in july, 7 games in august and 20 games in september, ... everything will be fine

Superior Member
    Think about it: what do people remember about the PS2? The first year stuff? Heck, looking back I can remember only about 3 games I could even tolerate- and really, only two that weren't ports. This is the way things start out. It's hard coming off of a system like the PS2, which has arguably the best library ever, to the PS3 which doesn't have much (but what it does have isn't horrible).

These things take time. The other thing I might suggest, try some new stuff out. I never thought I'd be big on racing games, but I'm a huge Ridge Racer and Burnout fan now. I didn't think I'd like golf games, then I found Hot Shots Golf.

Elite Sage
    I agree with the OP, basically in the haste for next gen supremity, all of the consoles have ran as fast as they can, and in their instant haste they have all fallen on their faces.
    But you have to remember, that 'next gen' doesnt refer to the year all the consoles are released, it refers to the WHOLE generation (upto 10 years) But at the moment, they have ALL fallen short in terms of promises.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post
    Harsh but true... dont like 'em then dont buy 'em...
    tfw you want to use signatures you made that are saved in DA but this place still have a signature size limitations after all these years
    lol

Veteran
    Both consoles are bad both are good. just one console has a bigger problem witch is going to be harder to fix and it doesn't look like Microsoft cares a rats ass about the hardware they just want to sell. sony is trying to fix there problem and they already shown us with each update we get something cool. not each one but most of them like the last one. and there huge line up the only problem is that they haven't released any of the games ok they have but have so many more left they always delay but thats cause they care and dont want to give you a **** game that has bugs and crap frame rate. and its also it little harder to code for the ps3 cause of its new architecture.

Started the Big Sexy Signature Revolution
    Should I sue Microsoft for taking my Name? Cutting it in half and making it into a crap excuse for a search engine....If you think I can win, lets do this

zeonpilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Doc_Evils and LoudNinja said it all. There's nothing more I can really say here. One thing though, if anyone thinks Microsoft is going to fix their malfunctioning consoles, then they need a rude awakening. If Microsoft was going to fix their hardware problems, then they would have done so a long time ago.
    So very true. The only they will fix it is if a successful class action lawsuit makes them fix it.

zeonpilot
    Or a mandatory recall. ^^

Thread Information