Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Bakari
    It's hard to believe him when his post historyshows that he has had next to no activity in the Xbox 360 section and the little activity he did have were negative. It's just strange for someone who has expressed zero attention for the Xbox 360 to go out and buy one randomkly.

But i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and take his word on the situation.

Supreme Veteran
    Well I had mine the three red lights awhile back and after calling MS support and chatting with them about it I was able to get a boxed shipped me so that I can send it to texas where its supposed to be replaced/ and or fixed.

See here Mike:http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/contact/
    3 red light troubleshoot:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534
    Once you get a hold of them they will ask you various questions on address and remember to get the ticket number for when you make the call (ask for it) as well as the tracking number when they ship you the container for you to ship it back to them. I am actually shipping mine back quite soon and will take about 2-3 wks approx.

For further assistance, please don't hesitate to write back or call Xbox Phone Support at 1-800-4MYXBOX or 1-800-469-9269 ( United States and Canada ); or 425-635-7180 (International/direct dial to the US ) at your earliest convenience. We are open everyday from 9am to 1am EST/ 6am to 10pm PST.

Hope that helped a bit, it sucks but I am sticking with getting it fixed ASAP for Halo 3 among some other triple AAA games coming out.
    [I am] Claudia Donovan, Warehouse 13: next generation.

Master Sage
    I mean I seen bad louck but dman man, you di not have those 2 for and hour!
    Sig by Phaded
    _______
    NINJA HAWKS

Superior Member
    that sucks sorry. but ive had my 360 since launch and its working just fine. also my friends have had their 360's since launch and theirs are still working fine also.

Bakari
    Not sure why Microsoft has not fixed the problem, it is a definate design flaw... but certainly not one that would cost them a hell of alot of money. The biggest problem is the X clamp which pushes the motherboard up which is what causes the motherboard to warp when heated. The fix is as easy as replacing the xclamp.

This IS the problem with probaly 98% of systems that die, I have currently fixed 3 3RL systems by doing the method explained above.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555
    you better believe it man, i have seen stories on xbox.com forums about people going through up to 7-8 consoles.

its very likely indeed.
    F*ck that is sick!!! Holy sh*t!!! Im yet on my first PSOne, PS2 and PS3, with the first two both at around 20 hours of gaming weekly...
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Forum Elder
    Bakari, I knew at least one person would call B.S on me, and guess you're it! My consoles were Dead on arrival. It happens, and it happened to me. I have expressed my interest in the Xbox 360 on numerous times, beyond traceable in my post records. If you knew me, you'll know that I love my PC over any console. If you knew me, you'll know I haven't owned a console in over 3 years.

I'm a General Chit-Chat guy anyway.

Yes, I got my money back. I want to get a PS3, but I'll wait until something else besides Resistance is out there to play. Lol, no offense.

Signature And Avatar By: Tribunal

Master Sage
    Hmmm so you live in the Chi as well, cool
    Sig by Phaded
    _______
    NINJA HAWKS

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudninja View Post
    Hmmm so you live in the Chi as well, cool
    Yeah, I almost went to your school too.

Bakari
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAaronB View Post
    Bakari, I knew at least one person would call B.S on me, and guess you're it! My consoles were Dead on arrival. It happens, and it happened to me. I have expressed my interest in the Xbox 360 on numerous times, beyond traceable in my post records. If you knew me, you'll know that I love my PC over any console. If you knew me, you'll know I haven't owned a console in over 3 years.

I'm a General Chit-Chat guy anyway.

Yes, I got my money back. I want to get a PS3, but I'll wait until something else besides Resistance is out there to play. Lol, no offense.
    Very well, I said I would believe you. In your initial post you said that your Xbox 360s worked untill after 10 and 30 minutes, not on arrival. If they were on arrival that could mean somthing happened to the consoles from the factory to the retail store.

Forum Sage
    It would be nice if you had provided a couple pictures with your Forums name in it, so we could see some proof of these 360s dieing...
    "It's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace.

Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna
    get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are." ~Easy Rider (1969)

Forum Sage
    I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe.

The timming, the absolutely no proof and the total lack of detail in your story. "Hardware failure"? The Xbox 360 doesn't have a "Hardware Failure" message. The signals are represented by red lights, and only one combination of them represent a hardware failure yet you never mentioned (Of course, googling now will help you making up something)

You didn't even provide any information of how did this exactly happened and "justified" it by just saying "long story". Did it freeze? Did you see color blocks? Did it make any sound? You said nothing at all.

Anyone who had spent $400 bucks on a console and had to waste even more time to take it back just to see it failing again, and then go back to the store to demmand their money back would've spend a nice time ranting about the whole stuff. It was suppossed to be your time, your money and your effort, yet you act as if you had to return and out-of-date cookie in the closest market.

Yet, after that very hard time you had with your console you just come here, in a perfect opportunity to bury the console you more than once criticized visceraly, and say "Well, long story, bought two of those and they failed. Ain't that a bitch?"

Last but not least, there aren't any indicators of Xbox 360s failing in the first minutes at that rate. The known issue make them fail after a while (months) so this doesn't even fit in the reported statistics. Oh and of course, you took it back right before you could share any proof of the story, right? Therefore, there's no way to prove this ever happened but we conviniently can't demmand for any proof.

And, is it just me or you sound like having fun trolling about the subject other than being deeply annoyed about the whole **** you've been thought? (Suppossedly)

I don't mean any offense but I do NOT believe you sir.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Forum Sage
    Is MS really gonna call it xbox720? sound ridic... i know they can come up with a better name...
    tfw you want to use signatures you made that are saved in DA but this place still have a signature size limitations after all these years
    lol

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by pendinginsanity View Post
    well financially speaking I wouldn't seek advice at Sony.
    *cough* lots of Sony employees getting fired *cough*
    Totally off topic, but that is an incredibly naive statement to make. Shows you know nothing about firm operation. Firing employees can also happen because of increasing technical efficiency, capital efficiency and use of less labour intensive production methods. Keeping workers they dont need is pointless. Please think twice before you make a fanboyish statement.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm scared to get a 360 now. Quit posting these 3 rings etc. stories.

M$ could sale more consoles if they redesign the 360 instead of adding just a new chip. From my understanding, the new chip isn't going to solve most of these problems.

Elite Guru
    Aquanox rant here
    I know what you mean but different reactions to the same situations can apply, I mean when my machine failed after 7 months I didn't go a huge rant on a forum I probably just went "*Sigh* oh well that's that" and if it happens to my 360 again then that will be my response again since I don't have much faith in the hardware at all. Probably best you don't just call people straight out it kind of aggravates the situation I've found.

disgraceful MS absolutely bloody disgraceful. i laugh at any MS fanboy out there at the moment i tell you.
    Best MS fanboy I know is this guy who actually works for them, he's a bit of a laugh because he will try and sell everything they do to everyone all day, you mention Gran Turismo he is instantly onto you saying "Have you seen Forza 2? It's the future!" or anything else like that, it's actually really amusing to see him in action even if it is a little bit sad in a way.

Just for the record on this whole subject, if my machine packs in again and MS won't repair it for free I'm just not going to bother with them any more, I've seen to many machines die on friends and family I'm just not going to invest this a poor piece of hardware again until it's solved.

Imgoingnuts
    Long story short, I got a 360 today. Played it for 10 minutes, then boom!

Hardware failure.

I went to the store, took it back, got another one. No big deal, right? Wrong.

Xbox Jr. died 30 minutes after I started playing it.

Now, I have no Xbox. Ain't it a bitch?

Morale of the story:
    chadd wardden is that you?

Dedicated Member
    Long story short, I got a 360 today. Played it for 10 minutes, then boom!

Hardware failure.

I went to the store, took it back, got another one. No big deal, right? Wrong.

Xbox Jr. died 30 minutes after I started playing it.

Now, I have no Xbox. Ain't it a bitch?

Morale of the story:
    Holy crap that is horrible!

I still haven't sent in my 360. I will in the coming week though. Been playing my brothers 360 which has encountered no problems at all since he bought it in december of 06.

That is some horrible luck my friend.

EVILEMPIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe.

The timming, the absolutely no proof and the total lack of detail in your story. "Hardware failure"? The Xbox 360 doesn't have a "Hardware Failure" message. The signals are represented by red lights, and only one combination of them represent a hardware failure yet you never mentioned (Of course, googling now will help you making up something)

You didn't even provide any information of how did this exactly happened and "justified" it by just saying "long story". Did it freeze? Did you see color blocks? Did it make any sound? You said nothing at all.

Anyone who had spent $400 bucks on a console and had to waste even more time to take it back just to see it failing again, and then go back to the store to demmand their money back would've spend a nice time ranting about the whole stuff. It was suppossed to be your time, your money and your effort, yet you act as if you had to return and out-of-date cookie in the closest market.

Yet, after that very hard time you had with your console you just come here, in a perfect opportunity to bury the console you more than once criticized visceraly, and say "Well, long story, bought two of those and they failed. Ain't that a bitch?"

Last but not least, there aren't any indicators of Xbox 360s failing in the first minutes at that rate. The known issue make them fail after a while (months) so this doesn't even fit in the reported statistics. Oh and of course, you took it back right before you could share any proof of the story, right? Therefore, there's no way to prove this ever happened but we conviniently can't demmand for any proof.

And, is it just me or you sound like having fun trolling about the subject other than being deeply annoyed about the whole **** you've been thought? (Suppossedly)

I don't mean any offense but I do NOT believe you sir.

Well you better believe him now because now there getting broken down by the sec it turns on lol (DID you hear hes getting a ps3) 1337 thE REAL ELITE system SORRY JUst had to say that (dont misjudge somebody) he didnt do nothing to you

Master Guru

its not hard to believe even if he is lying or not. i can totally believe it knowing how **** the hardware is within the 360.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Elite Sage

Wow, that is horrible luck, lol.. Dang, sorry..

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
    Items User name style
    I get hardware failure sometimes (red blinking light lower right corner) I turn it off and turn it on and it works just fine. A few times my system turned off by itself but over all it still works fairly good.

Forum Elder
    Wow, Aquanox is pissed at me!

There's a reason I didn't rant. I'm not upset anymore. I got my money back, and it helped me learn my lesson on buying things without thinking. If anything, I wanted you all to laugh at my bad luck. Why you got mad, I don't know. Maybe because two xboxes died in my hands.

Imgoingnuts

There's a reason I didn't rant. I'm not upset anymore. I got my money back, and it helped me learn my lesson on buying things without thinking. If anything, I wanted you all to laugh at my bad luck. Why you got mad, I don't know. Maybe because two xboxes died in my hands.
    not only is your thread a flamebait but its complete BS show proof scan your reciets.
    the 360 is a piece of crap machine quality wise but having a 2 NEW systems red ring after another doesnt happen.

i hope you realize how pathetic fanboyism is.

Supreme Veteran

Your story did sound fishy thats why. >_> But yeah never buy anything without thinking first as the repercussions are as we say less then "likable." Like others have said, if there is proof of what happened this thread can be put to rest. ^_^
    [I am] Claudia Donovan, Warehouse 13: next generation.

Thread Information