Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles126 View Post
    I don't 'hate' any game, I dislike Halo. Most games that I look forward to are multiplatform...so I won't be missing much.
    Well if you don't hate it you sure have gone out of you're way to trash on it.

I still think it would be wise as a gamer to own a 360 at some point, as well as a ps3 of course.

Forum Elder
    lol.

If Xbox Live wasn't as good as it was, the 360 would definently be a flop right now..

Have fun with your PS3.

"All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that."
    [Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6GHz, XFX HD 4890, 4GB ram]

Knuckles126
    The bottom line: Microsoft rushed the console to the market to try to stay ahead of Sony, thus, the 360 has serious design flaws that cripple the console.

I still think it would be wise as a gamer to own a 360 and some point, as well as a ps3 of course.
    Well, I agree with you. As soon as Microsoft re-designs the 360, you let me know.

Superior Member
    All they would have to do is make the motherboard out of a thermoset plastic (one that doesn't warp) an voila! Problem solved. Would probably cost what? 1-2 extra per motherboard...
    *First Xbox 360 R.I.P. 29/10/06 - 08/06/07*
    *Second Xbox 360 R.I.P. 9/06/07 - 15/9/08*

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    All they would have to do is make the motherboard out of a thermoset plastic (one that doesn't warp) an voila! Problem solved. Would probably cost what? 1-2 extra per motherboard...
    Well, it's not really Microsofts fault, the mother board is made my SIS, i've heard their actually quite crap all round, even in PC's

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post
    Have fun with the PS3, you never seemed to be a big fan of the 360 games anyway, the PS3 probably suits you better.
    The guy just had another 360 crap out on him. Cut him some slack for crying out loud!

Sorry to hear that, Knuckles. My 360 has been experiencing some rather abnormal freezing. It's mostly happening when I'm in the dashboard. Hopefully that isn't a sign of (negative) things to come.

As for trading it in, you're better off just sending it back for repairs and then selling it. At $250 for a trade-in, that's a friggin rip off and it's still a hefty difference you'll have to make up if you decide to trade it in for a PS3.

Superior Member
    I look forward to playing some games on the PS Network with you.D Although i am sorry this happened to you. Thats why i will never bye a 360.

Master Guru

damn man. bad luck. but, i feel exactly the same way as you.

i phoned MS support the other day and spoke to a woman who had only been there for a couple of days, so she said she will get a supervisor to phone me back within the next 72 hours, still waiting.

anyway, when they phone me back i am going to give them an earful if they even utter the words 'send it in for repair'

it is absolutely shocking, as well as bull **** the way MS are handling ANYTHING when it comes to the 360. bring out a console that ****ing works please MS. im suprised a massive lawsuit hasnt been held against them as of yet.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Knuckles126
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    damn man. bad luck. but, i feel exactly the same way as you.

i phoned MS support the other day and spoke to a woman who had only been there for a couple of days, so she said she will get a supervisor to phone me back within the next 72 hours, still waiting.

anyway, when they phone me back i am going to give them an earful if they even utter the words 'send it in for repair'

it is absolutely shocking, as well as bull **** the way MS are handling ANYTHING when it comes to the 360. bring out a console that ****ing works please MS. im suprised a massive lawsuit hasnt been held against them as of yet.
    Speaking of that, I found this...check it out: http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com..._xbox_360.html

Master Guru

Speaking of that, I found this...check it out: http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com..._xbox_360.html
    this better be just the beginning....

there needs to be a worldwide lawsuit against MS and they need to be told NOW.

if MS dont send me another NEW 360 i will never ever buy anything of theirs again, not even any of their OS. i will attempt to fix the 360 myself or take it to an expert who knows how to.

Superior Member
    this better be just the beginning....

there needs to be a worldwide lawsuit against MS and they need to be told NOW.

if MS dont send me another NEW 360 i will never ever buy anything of theirs again, not even any of their OS. i will attempt to fix the 360 myself or take it to an expert who knows how to.
    Search around on Google for the X-clamp removal. It seems to be very effective.
    *First Xbox 360 R.I.P. 29/10/06 - 08/06/07*
    *Second Xbox 360 R.I.P. 9/06/07 - 15/9/08*

A God Amongst Men
    Everyone with a working X360 as rare as can be, GO BUY AN HD-DVD ADD ON AND A COPY OF BATMAN BEGINS AND SUPERMAN RETURNS! THE BEAUTY IS SHOCKING ESPECIALLY ON BEGINS(HD-DVD EXCLUSIVE). Anyhoot do you guys think that this is worse than PS2/PS1 errors?

Electronic Warrior
    Can't say I'm surprised. That thing puts out a lot of heat, and it all goes to the GPU. When the GPU can't talk to the CPU... RROD. I don't think Microsoft sends a new console to anybody. Why would they, when they can use perfectly refurbished ones to replace them?

I am one of the folks that wouldn't buy a 360 simply for the failure rate. It might not be as bad as some might say (60% seems freaking ridiculous), and not nearly what Microsoft says (3%? Yeah right...), however, I don't see that many games of my liking coming out, so I won't be purchasing it.\

The only reason I have an original Xbox is because my friend got it in a raffle at a Christmas party, and he already had one, so gave it to me. I got a few games for it, but nothing that blew my mind. Fable was good, but nothing I could do without. Next gen Sony games? Give me 40 or 50...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ever since my experience points went into triple digits, I've had to keep the ladies and valkyries away with a +3 two handed broadsword.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie Skywalker View Post
    Everyone with a working X360 as rare as can be, GO BUY AN HD-DVD ADD ON AND A COPY OF BATMAN BEGINS AND SUPERMAN RETURNS! THE BEAUTY IS SHOCKING ESPECIALLY ON BEGINS(HD-DVD EXCLUSIVE). Anyhoot do you guys think that this is worse than PS2/PS1 errors?
    I would say soy yes. Definitely worse than the PS2 ones at least.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Master Guru

definitely worse than PS2. at least the majority of PS2 owners were sorted out by now. we are still almost 2 years in the 360's lifecycle and the problem seems to be getting worse.

Elite Guru
    xbox360 will be known as a crappy console with great games.

Consoles i own : ps2 xbox360 Ps3 Wii psp
    Wanna see what i look like www.facebook.com/laoman

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    definitely worse than PS2. at least the majority of PS2 owners were sorted out by now. we are still almost 2 years in the 360's lifecycle and the problem seems to be getting worse.
    with the second generation model PS2 fats, it was as simple as tightening a screw to fix the system. Anywho all hell broke lose and SONY had to fix thoes PS2's for free.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    with the second generation model PS2 fats, it was as simple as tightening a screw to fix the system. Anywho all hell broke lose and SONY had to fix thoes PS2's for free.
    My PS2 (large) dropped from my room in the second story of our house ONTO a decorative rock for our garden. The internal was shattered, and I basically opened it up and hot glued everything back into place, it's been working like new ever since... the rumble has been gone though.
    "and I mean If he doesn't like you after he sees this, then you're just gonna have to go back home and put some more make up on."

I like the games to the 360 hence I sold my ps3 to get one. It just sad that 3 friends and including I have had a dead 360. We all laughed at each other when one of us had the three rings of death. Thinking it was just an isolated incident. Then slowly we all had it. I still am going to keep my 360 and keep on returning it if I have problems. Once my 1 yr warranty is over I'll go and buy myself an extended warranty if it is under $100. I'm doing this because I like my xbox 360. I had all kinds of consoles...almost all the nintendos, segas, playstations none have failed ever! All of my friend never had one fail.

These xbox 360's were all purchased around xmas time. Only one of them were earlier. Proves to me that even later versions has flaws. Ps3 may not have the games now, but in a year or two later when and if they do and their system won't fail like the 360 I'll be switching back!

Master Guru

i have just been to where i didnt want to go, teamxbox. actually, i found a thread there that is quite interesting in a PERMANANT fix to the 3 red lights, as breed pointed out before (thanks man), all that is needed is the removal of what seems to be a shoddy x-clamp, and replacing it with a more permanant fix.

basically what i have been reading is that when the 360 heats up, the x-clamps holding the GPU or CPU in place on the motherboard expand thus rendering the structure against the motherboard to be weak, thus enabling the GPU or CPU to detach from the mother board itself, causing the 3 red lights.

the fix seems to be quite simple, as all it entails is removing these x-clamps and replacing it with some sturdy screws and washers, to enable a stronger more stable connection to the motherboard, and thus when the 360 overheats, the CPU or GPU wont detach from the motherboard.

i would suggest a mod making a thread of this nature a sticky for those who are out of warranty and looking to fix the consoles themselves? i will find some proper guides if people are willing to back a guide to a permanant 360 fix sticky at the top of the page? if people back this i will find some guides and re-post them here for people to look at and follow.

Knuckles126
    This is weird. I got the three red lights earlier and now the console is turning on normally. But, whenever I play a game, about 10 minutes in it freezes, but it doesn't give me the red lights. However, I can play dvd's just fine and it doesn't freeze. It's also in a well venilated area. I know the problem is that it's overheating and something is detaching...but it only seems to do it with games. I suppose thats when the system is under the most stress.

Oh well, at least I can watch dvd's until the coffin arrives.

Elite Guru
    This is weird. I got the three red lights earlier and now the console is turning on normally. But, whenever I play a game, about 10 minutes in it freezes, but it doesn't give me the red lights. However, I can play dvd's just fine and it doesn't freeze. It's also in a well venilated area. I know the problem is that it's overheating and something is detaching...but it only seems to do it with games. I suppose thats when the system is under the most stress.

Oh well, at least I can watch dvd's until the coffin arrives.
    well if its still acting like normal trade it in. i dunno its up to you really. i sold my old xbox360 + 3 games to my cousin for $300. and i just upgraded to elite. i guess im the lucky one. never had 3rld. but i had freeze 2 times on old xbox360. but elite i have no problems only problem is the ****s like a rocket BRRRRRRRROOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Knuckles126
    Quote Originally Posted by LaOMaN View Post
    well if its still acting like normal trade it in. i dunno its up to you really. i sold my old xbox360 + 3 games to my cousin for $300. and i just upgraded to elite. i guess im the lucky one. never had 3rld. but i had freeze 2 times on old xbox360. but elite i have no problems only problem is the ****s like a rocket BRRRRRRRROOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!
    Their already sending me the box though...

Elite Guru
    Their already sending me the box though...
    if they do send you a new one. try to sell it to family or a friend for $300 + 2 games. or what ever. or not. its really up to you. what kind of games you like. i picked the xbox360 because it has the games i want. i will be getting ps3 in fall or 2008 when ffxiii and mgs4 comes out.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Einz360
    Because I recently changed it to iThrash before the console died.

No wonder... I was like who the **** is this... when did I add iTrash... lol

You were on today around noon... I guess that was the last time u logged in... right?

Im sorry to hear about ur console though, its seriously getting ridiculous...
    carbon based life forms

Thread Information