Page 1 of 256 111 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

Forum Guru

NBA Thread

NBA Thread
    Last edited by UnReaL; 09-09-2010 at 22:31.

PS360 OWNER! Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds
    <-- Revenge of the Fallen

Forum Elder
    Can't wait till draft day. I have a feeling Lakers will make some major moves near that date. I am just sad we might lose Lamar Odom. He is my second favorite player on the team. Oh god I hope Lakers give Bynum up in the trade instead of Lamar.

Elite Member
    Some of those rumors are definitly a HUGE stretch...Kobe Bryant isn't going anywhere for one thing.

The only shakers in this year's off season are Marion and Wallace...but I wouldn't put it past anyone that the biggest deals this off season will be small and boring...but who knows.

Gilbert Arenas may opt out of his contract, but he has to play one more year in Washington first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jakncoke
    All I know is the Bulls need a legit post up player. I thought Arenas said he was opting out no matter what and he'd sign for whoever offered the most?

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    Some of those rumors are definitly a HUGE stretch...Kobe Bryant isn't going anywhere for one thing.

The only shakers in this year's off season are Marion and Wallace...but I wouldn't put it past anyone that the biggest deals this off season will be small and boring...but who knows.

Gilbert Arenas may opt out of his contract, but he has to play one more year in Washington first.
    1) Correct on Kobe. Thats why I didn't post it. Plus I don't want him going anywhere (Lakers Fan ).

2) Detroit plans on keeping Wallace, unless things get very hectic between Wallace and Flip.

3) Gilbert Arenas part is correct. He's only doing it, so he can get a max deal. Which I have no problem with.

Updated: 6/13

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    All I know is the Bulls need a legit post up player. I thought Arenas said he was opting out no matter what and he'd sign for whoever offered the most?
    The reason he wants to opt out of his current deal is because he signed it before he was an all-star and one of the elite point guards in the NBA. There is about a $25-$30 difference in what he's making and what similar players are making. Thus, he wants a new deal.

His current contract runs for a few more years if I'm correct, but there is a clause in his contract that allows him to opt out of it after next season. Don't be fooled by all the media, he will remain on the Wizards next season...he has no choice, unless he is traded.

Which won't probably happen.

Mainly because this contract "dispute" isn't over the team, just money. And the Wizards can offer him the best contract since they currently have him signed to their team.

This really isn't a big deal unless Arenas decides to go else where, for less money (though more than he currently makes), next...next season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Guru
    The reason he wants to opt out of his current deal is because he signed it before he was an all-star and one of the elite point guards in the NBA. There is about a $25-$30 difference in what he's making and what similar players are making. Thus, he wants a new deal.

His current contract runs for a few more years if I'm correct, but there is a clause in his contract that allows him to opt out of it after next season. Don't be fooled by all the media, he will remain on the Wizards next season...he has no choice, unless he is traded.

Which won't probably happen.

Mainly because this contract "dispute" isn't over the team, just money. And the Wizards can offer him the best contract since they currently have him signed to their team.

This really isn't a big deal unless Arenas decides to go else where, for less money (though more than he currently makes), next...next season.
    Ofcourse its about Money, and I don't blame him. I would do the same thing and I know all of you would too. The only way Agent Zero will leave is if he takes less money or does a sign and trade, but doubt Wizards will do that. Wizards have a good young squad, add a post presence and they have a Eastern Championship team.

I hate the fact that the Wizards got Caron Butler for Kwame. No one in Lakers land will ever agree with that trade.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UnReaL View Post
    Ofcourse its about Money, and I don't blame him. I would do the same thing and I know all of you would too. The only way Agent Zero will leave is if he takes less money or does a sign and trade, but doubt Wizards will do that. Wizards have a good young squad, add a post presence and they have a Eastern Championship team.

I hate the fact that the Wizards got Caron Butler for Kwame. No one in Lakers land will ever agree with that trade.
    The team is a lot better than there final season record suggests. Consider the fact that Butler was injured most of the season as well as Arenas. They have a solid core in Butler, Arenas, and Jaminson.

The problem is there SG is miserable, Stevenson is a bench player on every other team. Secondly, Haywood hasn't pulled his weight as a solid 7 footer. A dominant big man is essential for any successful team (cough Duncan), and with Jamison being a short 6-8, the lack of a powerful big man is definitly hurting the Wizards.

The Wizards need to find some power, and defense, cause the new...old boring NBA is all about big men, pick and rolls, and defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jakncoke
    hmm Duhon on the block , I suppose I could live with them trading him..any idea on what they'll get ? I really think he's underrated and whoever gets him will get a fine young player, speaking of the Bulls im pretty sure Nocioni contract ran out are they going to re-sign him? I would really like them too because he's solid, maybe they'll do a sign and trade deal. PJ Brown contract is up as well isnt it ? I personally hate him and would like him to fall off the earth even though he was a pretty good defender this season. If the Bulls trade Gordon for Marion I would not be happy , sure Marion is better than Gordon but I like Gordon way to much for them to trade him..lol , Im also looking forward too software seasons from Tyrus Thomas and see if Sevlalosa (yeah whatever its close enough) can do anything.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    hmm Duhon on the block , I suppose I could live with them trading him..any idea on what they'll get ? I really think he's underrated and whoever gets him will get a fine young player, speaking of the Bulls im pretty sure Nocioni contract ran out are they going to re-sign him? I would really like them too because he's solid, maybe they'll do a sign and trade deal. PJ Brown contract is up as well isnt it ? I personally hate him and would like him to fall off the earth even though he was a pretty good defender this season. If the Bulls trade Gordon for Marion I would not be happy , sure Marion is better than Gordon but I like Gordon way to much for them to trade him..lol , Im also looking forward too software seasons from Tyrus Thomas and see if Sevlalosa (yeah whatever its close enough) can do anything.
    Gordon for Marion isn't an even trade straight up, especially since Marion has averaged 20 and 10 for the past couple seasons...his value is very high right now even though its partly due to playing with Nash.

The Bulls should go for Garnett, give up Deng and Thomas for a sure fire player to get them into the finals...but that's just me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jakncoke
    Gordon for Marion isn't an even trade straight up, especially since Marion has averaged 20 and 10 for the past couple seasons...his value is very high right now even though its partly due to playing with Nash.

The Bulls should go for Garnett, give up Deng and Thomas for a sure fire player to get them into the finals...but that's just me.
    Yeah I know that wouldnt be a straight up deal Im just listing Gordon because he was the core the player mentioned in the first post. I would hate that Deng and Thomas have for 2 much potential to give and besides seriously what has Garnett done? He gets his stats but he cant carry that team to championship or at least a appearence in the amount of years he's been there...I would hate the Bulls for awhile if that kind of trade was done and believe it would be very fullish for them to do it. Just thinking about Garnett and stuff , why give up 2 core young talent players when Garnet plans on opting out of his contract after next season or the season after that when that clause comes up? Why not just sign him then?

Forum Guru

The Bulls could get Garnett, but the problem is his Salary. The Bulls would have to add more players, or more High priced players to get the deal done. Same with Marion. The high salary keeps teams from making moves to get star players.

To me the Bulls have a great young squad. They do need a low post scoring presence, and that could come in the draft or during draft day as trades possibilities rise.

Rumours Section Updated.

Superior Member
    I wonder if Gilbert will still sign back to wizards if they give him a good offer, i dont think he will it seems like he wants to leave the Wizards even though they have a good decent squad because if butler and arenas were not injured I think they would of knocked out the cavs

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ST View Post
    I wonder if Gilbert will still sign back to wizards if they give him a good offer, i dont think he will it seems like he wants to leave the Wizards even though they have a good decent squad because if butler and arenas were not injured I think they would of knocked out the cavs
    The good offer will be the Max deal which will be around $60 million plus. That is why he's opting out. He will get a max deal from the Wizards. I doubt he will leave. If they get a good post presence, than the Wizards have a championship team.

I agree if Butler and Arenas were not injured, than they could have taken the series.

Elite Sage
    Items Metal Gear Solid
    Wow, you have alot of points up there about the Pistons.

I say just re-tool the entire roster, or pursue a "Superstar".
    You cannot mess with the greatness that is Lupe Fiasco
    PSN ID - WrathofAres
    Send me a friend request
    Now.

Forum Guru
    First deal just went through. Not a big one, but KG seems happy about having Juwan Howard on the team.

The Lakers rumors are the best though, even though it is just rumors. I doubt Suns would deal Marion to the division rivals Lakers.

As for the O'Neal deal: I would not give up both LO and Bynum. I would easily give up Bynum and others, but they are not giving both. Lakers better not give in, and let JO force the situation in Indiana.

Forum Elder
    Apparently there are rumors that Pau Gasol might be traded to the Lakers after they met in Spain the other day. I personally think this deal can be done with Andrew, Kwame and the 19th pick. Lakers will get another scoring option. Memphis will get a young prospect, an expiring contract and another pick to rebuild the team. It looks like a win win situation.

Elite Sage
    Items Metal Gear Solid
    I think that Carlos Delfino just got traded to the Toronto Raptors for two draft picks.
    PSN ID - WrathofAres
    Send me a friend request
    Now.

Master Poster
    Hey unreal it's Houston that got mike James and Justin reed not Orlando. If you're wondering what I'm talking about look under the completed transactions spolier (under orlando and Minnisota )
    UndecideD likes talking from a 3rd person perspective

Currently playing:F1ce and MLB 07 THE SHOW,WARHAWK AND HALO3
    PSN ID: executioner124 -I ACCEPT ALL FRIEND REQUESTS

^ My Gamertag

jakncoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-Ray View Post
    I think that Carlos Delfino just got traded to the Toronto Raptors for two draft picks.
    Yup...what years were the 2nd rounder though? Was it this year and next?

305_monzii
    wow the heat tryin to get Artest?? thats so awesome.. now i just hope they get rid of gary payton and antwon walker!!

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by UndecideD View Post
    Hey unreal it's Houston that got mike James and Justin reed not Orlando. If you're wondering what I'm talking about look under the completed transactions spolier (under orlando and Minnisota )
    Thanks, fixed it. For some reason Orlando and Howard was in my mind.

Yup...what years were the 2nd rounder though? Was it this year and next?
    2009 and 2011.

wow the heat tryin to get Artest?? thats so awesome.. now i just hope they get rid of gary payton and antwon walker!!
    So are alot of teams looking for Artest. Getting rid of Payton and Walker is not easy, unless they have expiring contracts which I don't know about.

On the Lakers front.

I think its time for Kobe to shut his trap. He got the teams attention and made some noise, but this is now getting old. He needs to give the team until after the draft and see what happens. If nothing goes through then he can fire away.

Master Poster
    man can you imagen this lineup -- mike james/rafer alston (PG) steve francis (sg) T-mac(sf) Ron Artest (pf) and Yao. my dreams would come true lol
    UndecideD likes talking from a 3rd person perspective

Currently playing:F1ce and MLB 07 THE SHOW,WARHAWK AND HALO3
    PSN ID: executioner124 -I ACCEPT ALL FRIEND REQUESTS

^ My Gamertag

Elite Sage
    Items Metal Gear Solid
    That would be a great lineup, but they would never win a championship. They need the chemistry that my 04-06 Pistons had.... and will Artest in that lineup, it doesn't help that much.
    PSN ID - WrathofAres
    Send me a friend request
    Now.

Superior Member
    im so surprised that shawn marion is in all this trade talk i would keep him if i were the suns, i mean cmon for Luke walton?? that would be a steal for the lakers.

Thread Information