Latest PSU headlines:

Page 109 of 256 FirstFirst ... 99109119 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 6377

Thread: NBA Thread

The Marvelous One
    Quote Originally Posted by UnReaL View Post
    No, Dirk, Dirk, Dirk. Why did you let KG get into your face like that? Dirk should have gotten into that losers face and cursed his arse out in German.

Poor Dirk. Guy has no one to help him out. Carried big D till the end. Heard that Cuban turned down a trade of Baron Davis, and Kamen for Kidd? Not sure if that was true, but damn if it was.

Well tonight sucked. I hate to give Howard any credit (cuz I'd like to see him wear any team's uniform but the Mavs) but had he not fouled out and Devan George got minutes, it might've been different.

Yeah that trade was true. I'd like Kaman, but that's about it. Kidd has 21 million coming off the books after this season and Kaman/Davis both run till 2012 I believe. Not to mention the fact that Davis sucks.

Gerald Green not getting any time freakin sucks. Guy's immensly talented, but he's glued to the bench.

Superior Member

Hopefully the dunk contest is just as good as last year. Curious to see what Howard comes up with this time.

This weekend will be amazing. Screw V-Day. Its all about All Star Weekend

Forum Guru
    Updated: February 13, 2009, 1:59 PM ET
    Raptors acquire Marion from Heat

Comment Email Print Share
    ESPN.com

The Toronto Raptors have agreed to send Jermaine O'Neal and Jamario Moon to the Miami Heat in exchange for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.
    The deal is pending league approval, according to sources, and if approved, would be announced later Friday afternoon.
    espn.com

Pretty good deal for both sides.

Whats this of Cleveland trying to get Amare. Man if they get Amare..watch out! Only deal Cavs have is Wally's contract. But we'll see.

PS360 OWNER! Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds
    <-- Revenge of the Fallen

Superior Member
    Miami finally gets a tall guy eh.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    ManaKnight
    I'm very happy to see Derrick Rose (my favorite NBA player currently since I'm a pretty big Bulls fan) win the PlayStation Skills challenge during the All-Star break.
    Go Bulls! | Go White Sox!

The Marvelous One
    The dunk contest was terrible, worse than last year's.

Superior Member

I think only one dunk captured my attention.

Dedicated Member
    There were a couple of decent dunks, but nothing special. I thought last year's dunk contest was one of the best in recent years, and this year's contest sucked in comparison. Also the 3 point contest was fairly disappointing.

Hoping that the All Star game itself is a good one...

ak41sp9
    Free live All Star stream:
    http://www.justin.tv/cityeventslive2
    Enjoi!

The Marvelous One
    Quote Originally Posted by boogernose View Post
    There were a couple of decent dunks, but nothing special. I thought last year's dunk contest was one of the best in recent years, and this year's contest sucked in comparison. Also the 3 point contest was fairly disappointing.

Hoping that the All Star game itself is a good one...
    Last year Dwight didn't even dunk and he won the contest, and this year, we had Nate jumping off someone's back basically dunking a 8 ft goal to win the contest. Bogus.

The 3 point contest was bogus. Can't believe Lewis blew it like that.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJordan View Post
    Last year Dwight didn't even dunk and he won the contest, and this year, we had Nate jumping off someone's back basically dunking a 8 ft goal to win the contest. Bogus.

The 3 point contest was bogus. Can't believe Lewis blew it like that.
    yea i was kinda dissappointed, he had a good run but just blew it at the end, at least he made it to the final round, im still proud of him.

The Marvelous One
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ST View Post
    yea i was kinda dissappointed, he had a good run but just blew it at the end, at least he made it to the final round, im still proud of him.

I don't think fan votes is the solution to anything at all. That's just an excuse the league has for rigging the winners. Shaq and Kobe co-mvps? How convenient that was since Kobe and Shaq on the same team was the main storyline of the weekend.

Superior Member
    There was an All-Star weekend?
    Doing my part to stimulate the economy...

Superior Member
    NBA=WWE thats how it was for the ASW imo

Also did anyone catch that Craig Sager interview with Kobe at halftime where he butchered Jabbawockeez's name?

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/n94vI33roow&hl=en&fs=1[/embed]

Superior Member

Hopefully Nate Robinson doesn't compete in next years dunk contest.

Master Guru
    Items Final Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaal View Post
    Hopefully Nate Robinson doesn't compete in next years dunk contest.
    Yeah. And at least Lebron's promised to show up next year. And hopefully Dwight Howard competes again. The dunk he did when he brought out that rim may not have been amazing, but it least it was all original and got you hyped up.

Currently playing? Skyrim (360). White Knight Chronicles (PS3). Majoras Mask (Wii). Final Fanasy VII (PS2). Just completed? Final Fantasy VI.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by karazyfoo
    NBA=WWE thats how it was for the ASW imo
    I've started to become suspicious as well. I love the NBA, but some very suspicious revelations have occurred over the last year or so:

-The Celtics receiving Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen as gifts.
    -The Lakers receiving Pau Gasol as a gift.
    -Lakers Vs Celtics in the finals.

And now over the weekend:

-The judges giving Dwight and Nate suspiciously high scores and giving Rudy Fernandez suspiciously low scores when Rudy's dunks were arguably more impressive. (Personally, I think they did this because they received early word of Dwight's and Nate's big plans for the final rounds.)
    -Giving Shaq and Kobe "Co-MVPs".

The only thing that's keeping me from being more suspicious is that the Knicks have been sucking for the last 8 years. Everyone knows that a good New York team would be a huge presence for the NBA and add a lot more buzz. After all.....New York is the "Sports capital of the world." If the NBA was staging things then I'm sure they would want to improve the Knicks as well. But as a Knick fan, I can tell you that we have not received any such treatment.

But as for the dunk contest.....I liked:

-Dwight bouncing the ball off the side of the backboard and dunking it.
    -Nate jumping over Dwight.
    -Rudy Fernandez catching the ball from behind the backboard and dunking it (even though it took him 47 tries).

But yeah...I'm not sure why Nate thought anyone would be impressed by his stepping stool dunk. That's basically like hitting at the Home Run Derby from the pitcher's mound. lol

Bluthong Gal
    I enjoyed all-star weekend! I thought the 3 point shoot out was a big upset! I thought Lewis was gonna take it for sure. I'm glad Kapono got knocked out, though
    Didn't think Rose would win, either.. was goin for Parker or Harris.
    I liked the dunk contest as well, didn't think Nate would take it, though.
    Glad the West won and Kobe/Shaq were co-MVP's! Has that ever happened before?

The Marvelous One
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedos View Post
    Yeah. And at least Lebron's promised to show up next year. And hopefully Dwight Howard competes again. The dunk he did when he brought out that rim may not have been amazing, but it least it was all original and got you hyped up.

Did he promise? I thought he was just thinking about it. They need to up the ante to about $3 million so the guys that people care about are in it (LeBron, VC, Wade, etc.)

Forum Guru
    - One of the worst Dunk contest ever. And yes Rudy did get robbed. The whole "kryptonite" thing was crap.
    - LeBron is just "thinking" about it.
    - Welcome to my world when it comes to suspicion of the NBA.
    - All that Kobe and Shaq talk was complete crap, and ofcourse TNT and other media have to make a big deal of it. Kobe tried to get away while Shaq kissed up every moment he got.

The Marvelous One
    The NBA also does a horrible job of showcasing and covering all of the league's talent. The media stays attatched to about 6 or 7 guys and that's all you hear about. Seriously, I want to hear about what Kevin Durant's doing just as much as I want to hear about Kobe. I don't want the halftime of every game to be an interview featuring LeBron and Kobe about their summer together. It's no wonder Durant emphasized showing out in the soph/rook game, as that's the only coverage you'll hear about him for the rest of the season.

Forum Guru
    The NBA also does a horrible job of showcasing and covering all of the league's talent. The media stays attatched to about 6 or 7 guys and that's all you hear about. Seriously, I want to hear about what Kevin Durant's doing just as much as I want to hear about Kobe. I don't want the halftime of every game to be an interview featuring LeBron and Kobe about their summer together. It's no wonder Durant emphasized showing out in the soph/rook game, as that's the only coverage you'll hear about him for the rest of the season.
    Its called big market, big money. Unfortunately guys like Durant, Mayo will hardly get any coverage until they move onto a bigger name team.

Reason why all this LeBron to New York talk is going on. Cleveland's market is small compared to that of Boston, New York or L.A.

Lucky for me I can watch all NBA games and see all the great talent out there.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by UnReaL View Post
    Its called big market, big money. Unfortunately guys like Durant, Mayo will hardly get any coverage until they move onto a bigger name team.

Reason why all this LeBron to New York talk is going on. Cleveland's market is small compared to that of Boston, New York or L.A.

Lucky for me I can watch all NBA games and see all the great talent out there.
    Yup, and it's no different for the other sports really. All you hear about when it comes to the NFL is Owens & Romo, Eli and Burress, etc. In the MLB all you hear about is.....well....now it's just A-Rod.

They do need to recognize more talent, but the bigger markets will decide what the media covers.

But I actually thought the dunk contest was pretty good. I'm just upset Rudy got such low scores.

Superior Member
    I don't think fan votes is the solution to anything at all. That's just an excuse the league has for rigging the winners. Shaq and Kobe co-mvps? How convenient that was since Kobe and Shaq on the same team was the main storyline of the weekend.
    lol yea the shaq and kobe thing kinda saw it coming from a mile away. As for the allstar game, it just seems really boring, it just seems like no one plays defense at all and its almost always a blow out. The saturday night stuff was way more exciting to watch

Thread Information