Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 256 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

Elite Sage
    Items Metal Gear Solid
    That wouldn't be for the Lakers.... that would be the steal of the century! (Other than the Darko situation).
    You cannot mess with the greatness that is Lupe Fiasco
    PSN ID - WrathofAres
    Send me a friend request
    Now.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by UndecideD View Post
    man can you imagen this lineup -- mike james/rafer alston (PG) steve francis (sg) T-mac(sf) Ron Artest (pf) and Yao. my dreams would come true lol

There's been talks that Rafer Alston could be moved, but if more come up I'll post it.

im so surprised that shawn marion is in all this trade talk i would keep him if i were the suns, i mean cmon for Luke walton?? that would be a steal for the lakers.
    Its the same thing that happened last year. Shawn Marion was in trade talks all over the place, so it happens again. The Suns do not want to pay the Luxury Tax, so Moving Marion would ease it, but they could move other players like a Jalen Rose, Marcus Banks, or Kurt Thomas to ease their cap. Aside from Kurt, the other two do not even touch the court so why keep them around?

PS360 OWNER! Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds
    <-- Revenge of the Fallen

Apprentice
    as a Laker/Kobe fan....i would hate to see this happen

Master Poster
    Nice photoshop heh. I would like to see the rockets get a dominating Powerfoward without giving up too much.
    UndecideD likes talking from a 3rd person perspective

Currently playing:F1ce and MLB 07 THE SHOW,WARHAWK AND HALO3
    PSN ID: executioner124 -I ACCEPT ALL FRIEND REQUESTS

^ My Gamertag

Master Sage
    I really hope marion stays where he belongs. Kurt thomas is a great palyer but he is taking in way too much money to be a player off the bench, if we keep him he needs tobe able to play full games.

As for the whole amare rumor, in your dreams fans of the opposing teams. He is not going anywhere, at the end of the season the management already said they want to build a team around him since nash will be retiring soon. In a almost exact comment "we know we need to make the team work with amare but as of now its working with nash"

My guess, amare stays, marion stays, Kurt thomas gets traded due to money issues, and grant hill gets talked into playing for the lakers. We make several bench player moves that screw up out backside team but then fix it by signing on some key free agents.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Superior Member
    the Orlando MAGIC, not magics lol, need to get rid of bogans, garrity, dooling, and Hill. I had a feeling we were going for Lewis even though i was leaning towards Carter but it looks like carter is staying at NJ. Darko needs to realize hes not worth THAT much money, hes worth it but hes just asking way to much.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ST View Post
    the Orlando MAGIC, not magics lol, need to get rid of bogans, garrity, dooling, and Hill. I had a feeling we were going for Lewis even though i was leaning towards Carter but it looks like carter is staying at NJ. Darko needs to realize hes not worth THAT much money, hes worth it but hes just asking way to much.
    I don't think lewis would fit in well with the magic. They should get a good center and play Dwight at pf

^ My Gamertag

Forum Guru
    More Kobe Drama. Can someone shut this guy up, until after the draft?

Did Lewis just screw himself? He hired a new agent and looks like paper work was messed up or turned in late. Interesting to see how this will play out, but if he's still under contract than he just lost millions.

Forum Elder
    IS Kobe trying to make LA make him leave? God I hope its just the media overhyping the story and not Kobe. God it is getting so annoying.
    Can't everyone STFU until the draft. I want to see what the Lakers do by then. If they can't get some good players by then, then maybe it is time to trade to the Bulls for Deng, Gordon, Wallace, and the 9th pick.

jakncoke
    Quote Originally Posted by SE fanboy View Post
    IS Kobe trying to make LA make him leave? God I hope its just the media overhyping the story and not Kobe. God it is getting so annoying.
    Can't everyone STFU until the draft. I want to see what the Lakers do by then. If they can't get some good players by then, then maybe it is time to trade to the Bulls for Deng, Gordon, Wallace, and the 9th pick.

The day this happens will be the day hell freezes over , it would be very stupid for them to do so IMO. The Bulls dont need a ball hog in Kobe they need a low post player.

305_monzii
    that would be a dumb trade. the bulls will be worse team by doin that trade. they should try an trade for garnett.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by SE fanboy View Post
    Thats what I'm hoping for. Kobe needs to shut the F up already. Let the draft day come, and see what the Lakers do. If nothing than he can go off on the team. He is losing alot of support. He should have stopped talking after his first interview with Steven A. Smith.

As for the trade, Chicago would never give up that much for Kobe. Chicago won't give up that much for Garnett.

I'm still hoping for J.O, and Artest to come. I also love the deal with Houston. If Houston does that, they are Morons. Giving up Cook and the Greatest Practice 3 point shooter in Sasha....man that would be a steal for Head (who can actually make 3's in a real game) and Bonzi.

Master Poster
    I don't want the rockets to trade luther head, he is a great three point shooter .

^ My Gamertag

Forum Elder
    I don't want the rockets to trade luther head, he is a great three point shooter .
    Houston needs a power forward. You guys don't really need another SG when you already have T-Mac. I am not sure if trading for Brian Cook is a good idea for Houston but they need PF.

Forum Guru
    I decided to add in a Garnett, Marion, and Kobe section, since there is alot of stuff out on them.

I will also add a Free-Agent section later on.

Master Sage
    I really hope the suns dont trade marion, if you pay attention to the games he was the one that kept them alive throughout the season. Yea he doesnt take alot of shots but damn his defense is amazing. See the suns were being ripped for not having a defence and he brought it about by taking care of it, by trading him and getting garnett your just doing it again and hope that someone else follows through to play D.

Being a suns fan im kinda excited abbout the fact a good player like garnett is coming but i also dont want him. We already have good players like Amare and Nash so we dont care about name brand, and plus he wants money so sure go trade a player of ours we get him for a few years then when his contract is up see ya. Either that or another player will be gone.

If they loose marion then they better make sure Amare and Nash are very happy because thats 3 stars now turning to 2, so all the marion fans will turn to one of them. And you cant get rid of Amare because you know his potential, and Nash is a one of a kind. If it comes to one of them having to be traded then fine get rid of marion but be sure to get some equel or lesser value in return.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!

Forum Guru
    I agree with you on Marion. Trading Marion makes no sense to me. If it wasn't for him the Lakers would have eliminated the Suns last year...(Damn you Marion). Marion has come up big when it counts. All the Suns need to do is get a Post player that can score without the help of Nash. Amare is already a dominant player, but he rarely makes his own scoring opportunities.

Superior Member
    NOOoooOoo. there goes my arenas/howard duo dreams for the magic...

Too bad hes not gettin traded...would of been nice .

O btw its a No for Garnet to Boston

Forum Guru
    NOOoooOoo. there goes my arenas/howard duo dreams for the magic...

Too bad hes not gettin traded...would of been nice .

O btw its a No for Garnet to Boston
    Thanks, got it updated. EAST is pretty weak, and teaming up with Pierce would make sense, but guess he doesn't want that. More like he wants Nash and Amare....

Forum Elder
    YES!!! Kevin Garnett said no to Celtics. Lakers have a chance to get him now. The only competition the Lakers have now is the Suns but I think the Suns already have a great core of players that can play great. They should just pay the damn luxury tax because if they don't they will be giving up a great lineup that has a great chance of winning it all next year.

I just hope the Suns say no so the lakers can acquire him.

If the Houston and the Minnesota trade can go through. The Lakers might look like this next season

Chris Mihm/ Jamaal Magloire
    Kevin Garnett/Turiaf
    Luke Walton/ Vlad
    Kobe Bryant/ Mo
    Luther Head/ Farmar

The Marvelous One

Why Why Why did the Rockets give up Juan Howard for Sike James? That befuddles me to a certain extent.

Master Sage
    I was watching ESPN and saw a few things

-A lakers rep said there is no way Kobe is going back to the lakers and if he does it will be the last time you see him there because the management is fed up with it. He then went on to possible trades and said no team has enough to offer to trade for him so its unlikely thats true.

Then he said that the possible trades are superstars and i couldnt help but laugh when he said Nash is a likely trade. Haha i cant even imagine nash trade thats just unbeliviable.

-The garnett trade rumors are now all towards the suns. Both teams are looking for a trade to put him on the suns but if the suns dont follow through then the lakers are the remaining team. They turned down all other trade rumors and its just theese three teams now. They said its highly likely marion will be traded for garnet but the suns are back thinking because it will ruin the chemistry within the team, your slowing down your pace and the suns wont be fun to watch anymore.

But they are dedicated to acquiring a future hall famer to be apart of the suns. The way i see it if they can avoid trading amare, nash, and marion and still acquire garnet then we will be un beatable this year, suns would not be able to be stopped. Trade marion and acquire garnet and the team will have to change dramaticly and who knows how that will effect nash and amare.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!

Superior Member
    I dont see it happening at all, timberwolves would be dumb to trade within conference, make their chances even worse to win.

Kobe is a horrible teamate but he is the best player in the NBA, you cant trade him for garbage.WAIT! you cant trade him at all

As a laker fan i just dont know what to think anymore
    yeah i know i'm sexy

[SIGPIC]C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\th_hamburgler.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Forum Elder
    If the suns trade, Marion will not be part of the package because he has said that he will opt out if he is traded to Minnesota. Do the Suns want to trade Amare. If I was them I wouldn't trade Amare for him because its going to slow down their game. Teams beat Phoenix by slowing down their game. I don't know how well he is going to fit in.

I personally want the Jermaine O'neal trade without Odom to fall through rather than Kevin Garnet's personally. Odom is a great player and he gave up a lot coming in to this season. His son died, he still played. He got injured, he came back hurt. He got hurt again, he played through the pain again. It was a terrible season for him and I hope the lakers do not trade him. LAKERS DONT TRADE ODOM MAN.

Thread Information