Page 253 of 256 FirstFirst ... 243253 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 6377

Thread: NBA Thread

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Basketball is 100% fixed. There is no doubt in my mind anymore. Our best rebounder, Tim Duncan, watching from the sidelines for Miami's last 3 offensive series before OT.
    What? The refs didn't bench Tim Duncan. Pops did. He screwed up.

He wanted to match up against their 3-point shooters, but that obviously hurt their rebounding ability.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    What? The refs didn't bench Tim Duncan. Pops did. He screwed up.

He wanted to match up against their 3-point shooters, but that obviously hurt their rebounding ability.
    Screw the Refs. They've been consistently bad for both teams and other NBA over the course of time. When the hell have you ever seen a future HOF chillin' on the bench when you're 40 seconds away from Greatness? $#@! don't smell right. You can call it how you see it. I'm calling it how I see it. As a Co-Worker told me who hates the Spurs and Heat equally said it...

"This $#@! is strange, yo"

I'm just sayin' ! $#@! just don't look right. But again, if the Spurs win. Cool! I'm going to back flip ninja kick and all that $#@!. If they lose... ard. Whatever. That's where I am with Basketball. That's why I didn't pay attention to the regular season. $#@! just seems too manufactured as I said last year. The Refs are just being normal refs. They murdered the heat for 3Qs. Then murdered the Spurs for 1. $#@! happens. But when your best Rebounder is watching the game on TV like me, $#@! just ain't coolin'.

Pop is one of the smartest coaches ever. I'm not buying the $#@! people are selling me with that. Especially when the same thing happened TWICE.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    From that series, as you can see how I'm feeling. I wouldn't mind with the loss but the officiating was horrendous. I should be the one saying that the NBA is fixed because those three quarters were really messed up.

If the Spurs would have made their free throws, they would be hoisting the trophy now.

@Devious

Seriously? -_-
    Bosh fouled green on that last play there were a lot of $#@!ty calls but that one was the worse.

However spurs shouldve won that game now its anyones game 7 I see no advantage for either team. Its gonna come down to who executes better

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Screw the Refs. They've been consistently bad for both teams and other NBA over the course of time. When the hell have you ever seen a future HOF chillin' on the bench when you're 40 seconds away from Greatness? $#@! don't smell right. You can call it how you see it. I'm calling it how I see it. As a Co-Worker told me who hates the Spurs and Heat equally said it...

"This $#@! is strange, yo"

I'm just sayin' ! $#@! just don't look right. But again, if the Spurs win. Cool! I'm going to back flip ninja kick and all that $#@!. If they lose... ard. Whatever. That's where I am with Basketball. That's why I didn't pay attention to the regular season. $#@! just seems too manufactured as I said last year. The Refs are just being normal refs. They murdered the heat for 3Qs. Then murdered the Spurs for 1. $#@! happens. But when your best Rebounder is watching the game on TV like me, $#@! just ain't coolin'.

Pop is one of the smartest coaches ever. I'm not buying the $#@! people are selling me with that. Especially when the same thing happened TWICE.
    Again, Pops wanted to match up against their three-point shooters so Miami wouldn't be able to get off an easy three. Pops felt Duncan wouldn't have been able to keep up.

And it worked both times initially. But the sacrifice of less rebounding hurt them both times.

C'mon, do you honestly think Pops would be in on a fix? He just made a decision and it turned out to be the wrong one.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Again, Pops wanted to match up against their three-point shooters so Miami wouldn't be able to get off an easy three. Pops felt Duncan wouldn't have been able to keep up.

And it worked both times initially. But the sacrifice of less rebounding hurt them both times.

C'mon, do you honestly think Pops would be in on a fix? He just made a decision and it turned out to be the wrong one.
    I'm not necessarily saying I agree with Greatness that it's fixed, but it just doesn't seem right.
    I don't know, the first time yes. They were up by 5, so the Heat needed a 3, and so the Spurs had some room to gamble like that. But you have to believe that Pop saw how having no inside presence killed them. I just have a hard time believing that he would make that same mistake twice. Besides, it's not like there were all shooters on the court. Bosh was in there! How the hell are you not going to have him in there for him?
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    I'm not necessarily saying I agree with Greatness that it's fixed, but it just doesn't seem right.
    I don't know, the first time yes. They were up by 5, so the Heat needed a 3, and so the Spurs had some room to gamble like that. But you have to believe that Pop saw how having no inside presence killed them. I just have a hard time believing that he would make that same mistake twice. Besides, it's not like there were all shooters on the court. Bosh was in there! How the hell are you not going to have him in there for him?
    Bosh can shoot threes.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Bosh is like a 35-40% 3-pt shooter in the playoffs so he "can" hit the three. Not saying Duncan couldn't have easily guarded him at the three point line just saying bosh is a possibility to hit a three.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Bosh can shoot threes.
    They've shown all series that they'd rather him try a three than anyone else. But again, who better to defend him than Duncan?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Bosh fouled green on that last play there were a lot of $#@!ty calls but that one was the worse.

However spurs shouldve won that game now its anyones game 7 I see no advantage for either team. Its gonna come down to who executes better
    And what about Leonard smack on Miller's face? Parker's flop in the fourth quarter against Lebron? Heck, even Greatness sees it too, the Heat were screwed by the refs for the first three quarters. We can all agree that the officials suck no matter what happens but its not something to biased against other teams while the guys in blue and grey aren't doing there jobs.

I will do a summary of calls in my head that went spurs way, that should have been our way.

1st quarter at mark 9:30 Kawhi Leonard makes driving layup . Lebron gets called for foul, despite he doesnt touch leonard.And leonard gets one more free throw by the ref.

1st quarter at mark 5:56 leonard makes a driving dunk. via replays u see him hitting by his hand miller face.And it should have been offensive foul.yet it was 2 points for the spurs

1st quarters at mark 0:33 refs calls blocking foul on battier. splitter shoots 2 free throws, it was offensive foul on splitter instead

third quarter at mark 1:46 , lebron attacks the basket.he gets hacked, no free throws given

third quarter at mark 1:15 wade attacks the basket, he gets hacked ..no free throws given.
    this last 2 plays heat were down 8..the refs pushed it to 12

third quarter at mark 0:39 ray allen gets called for offensive foul..when early in the game leonard wasnt given one.And diaw has similar play where he pushed lebron but wasnt given offensive foul.

4th quarter at mark 8:03, ginobili commits a flagrant 1 foul.yet referee calls it simple foul and gives the ball out of bounds to the heat then 2 legit free throws.

4th quarter at mark 3:17 lebron was given offensive foul, which should have been a no call.Even jeff van gundy said so.

thats 8 calls
    Plus, Duncan's illegal substitution.

Let the best team win tonight. Much respect for the Spurs. Screw the Haters and Officials.

Go Heat.
    Last edited by robvandam111; 06-20-2013 at 20:48.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style

You tell me a time when Jordan, Russell, Magic or Bird was chillin on the sidelines with a minute to go in a championship game. Not only was Duncan out, Parker was chillin as well. Thats all im saying. Why are my two best players not on the court at the same time with a 5 pt lead and a minute and change to go. I never recall in all my years seeing those two on the bench at the end in a playoff game. Losses included but regardless we have one more game. Go Spurs! Do what you should have done games ago in 5. Win a championship!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    You tell me a time when Jordan, Russell, Magic or Bird was chillin on the sidelines with a minute to go in a championship game. Not only was Duncan out, Parker was chillin as well. Thats all im saying. Why are my two best players not on the court at the same time with a 5 pt lead and a minute and change to go. I never recall in all my years seeing those two on the bench at the end in a playoff game. Losses included but regardless we have one more game. Go Spurs! Do what you should have done games ago in 5. Win a championship!
    Pops just overcoached. It's as simple as that.

I highly doubt Pops would be part of a fix.

Apprentice
    Heat are taking it all the way!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Is the "Seven Nation Army" being chanted by HEat fans I hear?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Is the "Seven Nation Army" being chanted by HEat fans I hear?
    Yeah, it doesn't fit in an NBA setting. And Baltimore does it better anyway. I'm sick to my stomach right now. The Betrayal of Manu Ginobli is killing me. This is not how I wanted to see him last in a game.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    ^ Yep - Ginobili is choking it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    OMG can't believe duncan missed that $#@!!!!!!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    And the 81st TO of Ginobili for this game...

Congrats 2013, repeat champs, the Miami Heat.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Miami HEAT REPEAT!!!

It was an HONOR to go down with the Spurs. Greatness, it's been a ride. Spurs' fan shouldn't be ashame even with the turnovers. Be proud to whom you guys represent.

You guys still own one of the best NBA Dynasties in history.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

19. Likes TEJ2025 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    What a series....but duncan 37 years old BEASTIN I don't give a $#@! what anyone says he IS the GREATEST PF of all time wish he couldve gotten that 5th ring

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

21. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    And Pop with his ultimate "Overcoaching" lets my Point Guard watch the finals from the bench. I just don't.. get it. None the less it was a hell of a series. Congratulations to the Miami Heat and their fans. You guys are the kings of the NBA world once again. Back to back championships takes a hell of a lot of guts.

Here's to you, RVD!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

23. Likes RaY_210 , robvandam111 likes this post
    Superior Member
    Back to back baby!!!!
    Its been a hell of a series. Probably the best finals series in a long time. These past two games will go down as all time greats. Lebron and wade willed the heat to back to back champs. Both teams deserved to win but the heat just had less mistakes in the end and that was the difference.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

25. Likes Naxi, robvandam111 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    $#@!ing A! Congrats is all I can say

Veteran
    I think Dwight Howard is making the wrong decision by leaving Los Angeles. When you have a chance to play with a hall of famer like Kobe, you stay. He's not going to have a Bette chance at winning a title anywhere else.

Superior Member
    Kobe is a tough guy to play with so it is understandable to want to look elsewhere if you can't handle his persona. Also you're not winning championships with D'antoni at the helm so that is also a factor.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Kobe is a tough guy to play with so it is understandable to want to look elsewhere if you can't handle his persona. Also you're not winning championships with D'antoni at the helm so that is also a factor.
    Regardless of Kobe's personality, if Dwights number one goal was to win a ring.. I really think he should stay in LA. Kobe isn't going to be in the league that much longer so why not try to win a ring with him in the next couple years then when Kobe retires, the team belongs to Dwight.

IDK that's just the way I see it.

Thread Information