Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Zetsumei
    Quote Originally Posted by wongfeihung View Post
    dude relax...that is not the ending. Go play and have fun. Seriously I didn't give it away.
    Sorry, it's just that some people are like that... I might pick it up today or when Rainbow 6 comes out...

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    Sorry that you got the wrong impression over it...
    I was not saying that it's a pointless thread or that needed to be lock...
    I was just saying, because that is what actually happens to threads like this.
    So yeah!
    it's not you, it's just the general psych that a thread that doesn't

A. $#@! about something or

B. make some bull**** prediction,

should be locked immediately that annoys the heck out of me.

Shadow of the Colossus taught us that an experience doesn't have to follow a conventional plot. It told a masterpiece story with virtually no cutscenes. So why can't a thread that just exists to appreciate something exist? It's not pointless if you can't see the point in it.
    "and I mean If he doesn't like you after he sees this, then you're just gonna have to go back home and put some more make up on."

Super Elite
    The thread won't be locked but it SHOULD be moved to the PS2 section where it BELONGS. That's why we have different sections for different consoles.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    jdawg222
    cool ass game. unlike any other game out there, and the battles were so intense.
    i for one did not mind this thread because i almost forgot about how good this game was

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Itaintrite View Post
    The thread won't be locked but it SHOULD be moved to the PS2 section where it BELONGS.
    But... do you love Shadow of the Colossus?

And sorry for my mistake. I was playing this on my PS3, and I honestly forgot it was a PS2 game.
    "and I mean If he doesn't like you after he sees this, then you're just gonna have to go back home and put some more make up on."

Super Elite
    Of course I love the game Beat it in 2 sessions right after I got it from a local gamestore. Must admit that the exhiliration kinda wears off after the first few colossus, but it still gave me a rush of andrenaline watching each colossi falling down after my killing stab

You raised a good point though. This game was just screaming out "next-gen". If they could just release a PS3 version with ONLY better framerate, it would still be a hit.

Apprentice
    ^ Agreed. Not only in graphics but the story(or the lack thereof) had me addicted to this game. I really didn't know why I was killing those creatures, but all I knew was that it was helping to save the girl I loved. So I had to make a choice, do I continue to kill these creatures? For all I knew I was the one instigating the battles. I sought them out and threatened them. So who is the bad guy? Me or the creatures? OR the being who promised to give me back the love of my life if I killed for him?

There are not many games that make me think like this but SOTC did.

Shadow of the Colossus is my favorite game.

Superior Member

Awesome game. Imagine when it comes to the PS3. Look out!!!!
    Signature Under Construction

Azure
    I actually found it pretty boring and lonely. Personally I thought the whole "desolate" thing going on and "make up your own story" was a bit contrived.

Did appreciate how hard some of the colossi were to kill though, and enjoyed killing the flying thing with udders in the desert.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by wongfeihung View Post
    ^ Agreed. Not only in graphics but the story(or the lack thereof) had me addicted to this game. I really didn't know why I was killing those creatures, but all I knew was that it was helping to save the girl I loved. So I had to make a choice, do I continue to kill these creatures? For all I knew I was the one instigating the battles. I sought them out and threatened them. So who is the bad guy? Me or the creatures? OR the being who promised to give me back the love of my life if I killed for him?

There are not many games that make me think like this but SOTC did.
    Great response! Very true too!

This might sound stupid, but sometimes, I'd just pat Agro a couple of times and sit at some really high place and look out over the vast and beautiful landscape, like we're actually bonding!

I think it might be the big TV I have at the theater though, I couldn't imagining doing that on a normal small TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post
    I think all SOTC needs is a solid framerate, no more pop ups and complete hi def visuals, that would just make the game perfect for me, even though those aren't the fault of the developer at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I actually found it pretty boring and lonely. Personally I thought the whole "desolate" thing going on and "make up your own story" was a bit contrived.

Did appreciate how hard some of the colossi were to kill though, and enjoyed killing the flying thing with udders in the desert.
    The flying dragon Colossus is my favorite too, it's very epic and not overly challenging.

But the reason why SOTC world is so empty is because they couldn't squeeze any more power out of the PS2 to process all of them, and it just wouldn't fit the game any how.

But about Colossus battles, the way that the music changes when you grab onto them is AWESOME!

And I didn't find it lonely, since when I was grabbing onto that big dragon Colossus, I could see Agro chasing me on the ground. I think I shed a tear that day. I love Agro.

Apprentice
    A truly classic and beautiful masterwork of a videogame.

Got Shadow the day it dropped and took the day off work .. was living with my girlfriend in her then brand new apt. so i brought out my tv... set it on a chair .. took all the pillows/blankets off our bed and sat in the living room with all the lights off and just let this game absorb me ...

First colossi you kill amazing .. but i had played the demo .. so i knew exactly what to do ...

the real kicker for me was 3 .. and then the next night .. 13.

Getting to the top of the battleground for three and seeing that it was the giant guy from the commercials instantly had me smiling ... until i starting running up to him to figure out how to climb and realized just ... how ... freakin .. HUUUGE he is!! ... the first time i fought him it was an epic clash of the titans style struggle... at least an hour long as i would get halfway up .. get tossed halfway down him .. climb back up .. lose my grip and start over again ...

Then 13 .... the biggest flyingest thing i had ever seen ... watching the wind whip past us .. running against the force and barely moving as I trudge against the wind ..

and then of course... the music as you kill each one ... the idea that maybe YOU were the bad guy in the great scheme of things ... the connections to ICO ..(did you start the horned boy tradition?) .. Agro .. all the secrets (my fav being either White Agro or super-grip cloak... or the arrows that make noise... so many to choose from ..) ... this game was a masterpiece.
    "Cry Some More!!!!!"

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post

This won't be made for the PS3, but I'm sure the team that did SOTC and ICO have something in the works that will make everyone drool!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PS3 Library: RFOM, RR7, COD 3, MLB 2K7, Motorstorm, Oblivion, Splinter Cell: DA, FEAR, R6V, GRAW2, Warhawk, Lair, COD 4, AC, MOH A, Uncharted, GHIII, MLB 08 The Show, Rock Band, R6V2, GT5P, GTA IV, MGS4, BF:BC, Socom, Far Cry 2, LBP, COD WaW, Burnout, FIFA09, Madden09, Fight Night3, NHL09
    50" Samsung DLP 1080p

Pr0LiFiX
    Haha! Panda Bear Shenyu, didn't you realize that this is a PlayStation 2 game?

I'm surprised that this hasn't been moved, or locked yet.

Well, those are my two cents from Captain Obvious, here.

Zetsumei
    I have made my mind... I'll go pick this game up right now!

Forum Guru
    Bought it, but have yet to play it...in fact my backlog of unplayed games is quite high still. Oh well, I guess that's good. I'll never be one of the guys complaining about a "lack of games to play."

By the way...I have no problem with this thread...I enjoy this type. I also like the "I just bought my ps3 threads..." IMO we need more happy/smile threads.

Apprentice
    ^^^^^ Loved .. LOVED seeing agro chasing you around when he could .. like if you were to fall off and die he would simply stand next to your body .. nudging you ... waiting for you to wake up ...

Plenty of times.. over and over again .. i would find i peak or a cliff drop with agro .. swing the camera around to face the never ending light and just take in the sights ... after defeating a good number of them and heading towards the west side of the map .. i remember finding a nice high spot and turning around.. and noticing for the first time that beams of light were shooting into the sky at the spots where i had slain colossi .... seeing them all there ... and realizing i was closer towards the end of the game (not to mention that wander looked absolutely wrecked by this point in the game..) .. i honestly got a little sad... even agro seemed to take his steps slowly after that....
    "Cry Some More!!!!!"

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by silkysm00th View Post
    ^^^^^ Loved .. LOVED seeing agro chasing you around when he could .. like if you were to fall off and die he would simply stand next to your body .. nudging you ... waiting for you to wake up ...

Plenty of times.. over and over again .. i would find i peak or a cliff drop with agro .. swing the camera around to face the never ending light and just take in the sights ... after defeating a good number of them and heading towards the west side of the map .. i remember finding a nice high spot and turning around.. and noticing for the first time that beams of light were shooting into the sky at the spots where i had slain colossi .... seeing them all there ... and realizing i was closer towards the end of the game (not to mention that wander looked absolutely wrecked by this point in the game..) .. i honestly got a little sad... even agro seemed to take his steps slowly after that....
    How did you know that his name was wander. I thought everything in the game were unnamed save for Agro.

And yeah, going into the last Colossus fight, he has wounds and blood everywhere on his body. Really heartwarming, strangely.

And I'm glad someone else also sits around with Agro looking at the landscape in the game.

Super Elite
    Joke post?

funny how people react differently when a person with 5000 posts, makes a post like this... had this topic been created by a nooby, it would have been hell in message board form.

much thanks to thorzilla for the sig/avatar

Pr0LiFiX
    Quote Originally Posted by msdstc View Post
    Joke post?

funny how people react differently when a person with 5000 posts, makes a post like this... had this topic been created by a nooby, it would have been hell in message board form.
    Oh, wow, then I'd feel really bad for the n00b. (sarcasm)

Wearevenom1
    Yeah that was an innovative game man. Too bad MS chooses flashing the wallet over true innovation.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by msdstc View Post
    Joke post?

So you're against a thread with some actual talk about games on a game website? And I don't care about forum rights and other idiotic notions like that, so don't argue that with me in a thread about SOTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wearevenom1 View Post
    Yeah that was an innovative game man. Too bad MS chooses flashing the wallet over true innovation.
    Please don't.

Pr0LiFiX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wearevenom1 View Post
    Too bad another person joined the "let's all hate on Microsoft" bandwagon.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Shadow of the Colossus, best roam free game to date hands down.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Pr0LiFiX
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Shadow of the Colossus, best roam free game to date hands down.
    Well, next to the Grand Theft Auto games.

Thread Information