4 7.41%
  • Tie?

5 9.26%
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would Win

acecombatfan

Who Would Win

Since we have been talking about Sam Fisher Vs. Solid Snake
    WHo do you think would win if they went at eachother?

I chose a tie.

Superior Member
    I'll just say none. also metal gear and splinter cell are 2 different games but no one seems to ever realise it so whatever...

Power Member
    No way. Snake would kick the Sam "Snake Wanna be" Fischers ass.

adamba4e
    Next time post something that has to do with PS3 games in the PS3 Games section.

acecombatfan
    o sorry my mistake
    wrong forum

Master Poster
    Solid Snake even though he's a geriatric now could still knock Sam Fisher's lights out. Fisher's always poncing around in the dark whilst Snake has had the real battlefield/war experience. Snake will use his CQC if Fisher creeps up on him, and then stub out that cig right in Fisher's eye ball. Solid Snake will win no probs.

Elite Member
    Why is this even a poll? We know who the obvious winner is! The poll should reflect my answer, lol.

Dedicated Member
    Sam Fisher doesn't have the depth that Solid Snake does, and its obvious who would win

Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    solid snake of course, he's got more training, saved the world from big ass mechs, knows that he doesn't have to be stealthy all the time, a lot more character driven, lot more badass additude, and finally, he came about way b4 sam fisher did, with the classic MGS that is still better than any splinter cell game

Elite Member

Snake knows how to fight at least with his barehands... and is a genetic freak...

acecombatfan
    It seems that Solid SNake would win
    This is an interesting poll
    keep on talking!

Dedicated Member
    Snake, easy. He's got the experience, and he's tough. Take away fishers fibre optic crap and other stuff and he's got nothin. He's just a faggy gymnast.
    I don't buy Microsoft products because I don't support companies that want to control rather than contribute.

Dedicated Member

Snake is geneticly engineered to be a killing machine:P

No doubt he would he would win...

Master Poster
    You'd have to take Fisher's gadgets into account though. He could finish Snake with a stealth kill if he was lucky enough to spot him without having to reveal himself.

On the other hand, without his gadgets Fisher wouldn't stand a chance against Snake. Snake has way more experience in barehanded fights, on a mindefield, on top of Metal Gear Rex, against a cyborg ninja and against whole troops of genetically enhanced soldiers. It's a pretty obvious winner.

Dedicated Member
    I dont know why many of you guys are saying Snake would win, I am a huge MGS fan, but I still believe that they would be equal.

Sam or Snake dont need "gadgets" to be as good as they are, Sam has a LONG history of military experience, Navy SEALS, counter terrorism, 3rd Echelon.
    Snake also has a long military backround with Foxhound and working on his own.

Lets look at it this way, Splinter Cell encompases a more realistic setting, Fisher actually has a REAL military backround, where is there is no such thing as Foxhound. Sure Snake may be better because alot of the stuff he does is so outrageous.

Also "The Game" Sam isnt a Snake wannabe, Snake isnt an ex Navy SEAL, he doesnt fight robots, he doesnt have foxdie, hes just a realistic field operative and he would be just like many other "been there done that" operatives out there.

I just laugh at "Voice Of A Riot"s post, Sam having no "real" warfare experience? er..you do know that there are real companies out there just like Sam Fishers contracting company, Solid Snake is far far from real battlefield combat, Sam uses the right tactics, hide, get them with their back turned, or even dont even try to fight at all, just get through without being noticed or seen, thats true espionage.

Sam Fisher has a more realisticly themed threat on his hands, terrorists, biowarfare, where Snake has big @ss robots and weirdos to deal with, but thats not real.

I see alot of you overlook the fact about what is actually reality and not reality you cannot compare the 2, its like comparing how much better an airplane is to being able to fly like superman

If you want true espionage tactics and realistic gameplay close to real life, get Splinter Cell. If you want a GREAT storyline with twists and plot turns that leave you hanging off your chair, also with great and fun gameplay, get MGS.

If you can read this, thank a teacher, if you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y <- Harden the **** up!

Master Poster
    Well Sypherssj209, it's true that SC's theme is closer to reality than MGS's, but when comparing 2 videogame characters, that doesn't really matter. It's not because fighting giant robots and supernatural soldiers isn't realistic that it doesn't count. That's his character, realistic or not.

I see alot of you overlook the fact about what is actually reality and not reality

And I see you overlook the fact that both aren't reality.

Master Poster
    I just laugh at "Voice Of A Riot"s post, Sam having no "real" warfare experience? er..you do know that there are real companies out there just like Sam Fishers contracting company, Solid Snake is far far from real battlefield combat, Sam uses the right tactics, hide, get them with their back turned, or even dont even try to fight at all, just get through without being noticed or seen, thats true espionage.
    I think you read too much into my post, I was merely trying to state that Solid Snake has been a war hardened soldier, he served in the conflict in Zanzibar, and in MGS4 he's in a war zone. I don't see Sam Fisher tackling a whole army of genome soldiers and mechs. I tire of certain peoples pedantic comments, those no need to analyse peoples posts word for word. It was just a offhand remark.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of A Riot
    I think you read too much into my post, I was merely trying to state that Solid Snake has been a war hardened soldier, he served in the conflict in Zanzibar, and in MGS4 he's in a war zone. I don't see Sam Fisher tackling a whole army of genome soldiers and mechs. I tire of certain peoples pedantic comments, those no need to analyse peoples posts word for word. It was just a offhand remark.
    Sure I dont see Sam Fisher tackling genome soldiers, but I do know he has a history of being in the Navy SEALs which is REAL, hes in a contracting company which is very real compared to alot of agencies out there. Sure Snake served in a conflict in Zanzibar, but Sam has served withing many wars, he would have served within the Russian/Chezch war in the late 80's, Africa and Iraq in the 90's during his tours with the SEAL teams.

I am saying Snake is based off alot of unrealistic and surreal things, in real life, the things he does would take atleast a few groups of highly trained special operations troops, where is the things that Sam do are more suited to real life situations for a one man operation.

Taking offense? Im not trying to make offense, I just laugh when somone doesnt really think or really know about alot about what they are talking about, and how do I know? I have studied for the past 2 years so I can join the military and one day try out for SOCOMD (not socom like many seem to think cause of the game)

If you can read this, thank a teacher, if you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y <- Harden the **** up!

Forum Sage

i think Solid Snake, MGS has proven me good things the last years, and the marks were good and that games didn't even have online play!

Master Poster
    Its funny how little things trigger people off on one. I always end up arguing about irrelevant topics. Seriously Sypherssj209 its just that fact what I said in my first statement perturbed you to go off on one about Sam Fisher. I was thinking in terms of it not being reality. Anyway theres no hard feelings. Perhaps some day there will be Sam Fisher V Solid Snake game when developers run out of ideas. Then will see who will win. I need to lie down, I've got a headache.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sypherssj209
    I am saying Snake is based off alot of unrealistic and surreal things, in real life, the things he does would take atleast a few groups of highly trained special operations troops, where is the things that Sam do are more suited to real life situations for a one man operation.
    The fact that Snake can do all these things on his own is saying enough, he'd beat the hell out of Fisher. :P

Seriously, try not to think in terms of real-life situations. It's about games! There are no boundaries. If Snake is fighting surrealistic foes then he is an amazing soldier.

Forum Sage

and offcourse Solid Snake has a better background where more time is put into!

Elite Guru
    There is no doubt that Solid Snake would win.

solid snake would kick butt he is the definite stronger man!!
    dakota latusek

Master Sage
    well it would mater the enviroment and things like that. just open desert and they fight yea snake woud kill but hiding and stuff like that fisher has a chance.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Thread Information