Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder

Resistance: Fall of Man sales up

Resistance: Fall of Man sales have actually gone up since the recent controversy, as reported by Spong. Resistance is now the best-selling PS3-only game and has climbed back into the top-forty all-format charts, presumably on the back of the publicity generated by its controversial use of a digital replica of Manchester Cathedral as one of its levels.

Although I suspect that the Resistance: Fall of Man controversy was not a delibaerate marketing move on Sony’s part, the company’s often had fairly edgy adverts that generate their fair share of controversy and publicity. Maybe it’s Sony’s plan- it would go some way towards explaining some of the other PR blunders that they’ve made recently.
    http://www.pspsps.tv/2007/06/resista...n_sales_u.html

Been saying all along, that Sony will get the last laugh out of this. Like they say 'there is no bad publicity'.
    60gb PS3
    Resistance (8/10),Motostorm (7/10),Call of Duty 3&4 (9.5/10), Assassin's Creed(6/10) ,Warhawk (7/10), PES2008 (7.5/10), Devil May Cry 4 (LE) (8.5/10), Gran Turismo 5: Prologue(9/10), GTA:IV (8/10), MGS4 (10/10), Uncharted 8.5/10, Wipeout HD (8/10), FIFA 09 (9/10), Motostorm 2 (8.5/10)

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3World View Post
    http://www.pspsps.tv/2007/06/resista...n_sales_u.html

Been saying all along, that Sony will get the last laugh out of this. Like they say 'there is no bad publicity'.
    i feel some people will be dissapointed with it though, as its not nearly as bad as the media makes it out to be.

-Live the life you love, love the life you live-

BobsRevenge
    Quote Originally Posted by chartwel View Post
    i feel some people will be dissapointed with it though, as its not nearly as bad as the media makes it out to be.
    The church part of the game is intense as hell. One of the highlights of the game, certainly.

Superior Member

lol thats the part i got stuck at on medium and never bothered to go beat it... i hate those crawlers they piss me off :S

Superior Member

Wtf call me jack, you could've shown something else......all $#@!

Full of Win. =D

zeonpilot
    Path of least resistance is the highlight of the game to me. Awesome battle. I've never seen anything like that on any other console. Nope not even on gears of war. In fact I had alot more fun playing RFOM than gears by far. Best shooter on console by far.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    alti
    Sony could accidentally drop during a walkathon, and fall on a baby beatle, and the news will be complaining about it for weeks.
    If we smiled all the time, we wouldn't appreciate the experience of smiling.
    The variety helps you appreciate the good times.

- Itagaki

Forum Elder
    That was revolting... thanks to the mod who took it off immediately.

Back to the topic.......
    60gb PS3
    Resistance (8/10),Motostorm (7/10),Call of Duty 3&4 (9.5/10), Assassin's Creed(6/10) ,Warhawk (7/10), PES2008 (7.5/10), Devil May Cry 4 (LE) (8.5/10), Gran Turismo 5: Prologue(9/10), GTA:IV (8/10), MGS4 (10/10), Uncharted 8.5/10, Wipeout HD (8/10), FIFA 09 (9/10), Motostorm 2 (8.5/10)

Superior Member

All the negativer media sucks at least it's rising in sales though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Elder
    Will this guy ever give up!!
    60gb PS3

Superior Member

gah someone ban that noob hes spamming the whole forums with sick wicked n nasty photos

Forum Guru

Resistance: Fall of Man sales up

Glad to see that the negative media coverage has actually help sales of the title. One of the best FPS I have ever played.

Btw: hopfully our new "freind" has been banned.............
    PLAYING B3YOND since November 17th 2006 and F@H since 3/23/07.

Sig by buckeyefan.

Apprentice
    It's good to hear that even with all the bad publicity surrounding Sony and Resistance that new people are still buying Resistance.

120 GB PS3 (20gb upgraded) Resistance, Motorstorm, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank:FToD, The Orange Box, GTA IV, Genji, Need for Speed Carbon, Assassins Creed, Folklore, Enchanted Arms, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Virtua Fighter 5, The Darkness, Oblivion, Burnout Paradise, Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition, Disgaea 3

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by takslatah View Post
    It's good to hear that even with all the bad publicity surrounding Sony and Resistance that new people are still buying Resistance.
    yeah, it deserves its success. it really is a great game. it was bashed because it didnt have the greatest textures on the planet, and it didnt try to reinvent the genre. thats not a bad thing as the game is incredible, and has enough varity with weapons and vehicles to keep you entertained throughout.

i will never understand the criticism it gets.

-Live the life you love, love the life you live-

The Heisman
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BobsRevenge View Post
    The church part of the game is intense as hell. One of the highlights of the game, certainly.
    agreed.
    damn spider things whooped my ass a few times...

and when I did get past them the two augers in the next room finished me off...

But I got em

Such a good game

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

RFOM has surprised me in more ways than one. I only just got my PS3 last Saturday, but for the last 3 nights, my GF (who normally doesn't like computer games at all), has been telling me to put the game on so we can play co-op mode She got a look at it while I was playing it on Sunday, asked me if it could be 2 player and that was it!

We found the news online about the church kicking up a stink......funny stuff

Elite Sage
    Items Metal Gear Solid
    Good for the game. Good for the PS3. Good for America.
    You cannot mess with the greatness that is Lupe Fiasco
    PSN ID - WrathofAres
    Send me a friend request
    Now.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    agreed.
    damn spider things whooped my ass a few times...

and when I did get past them the two augers in the next room finished me off...

But I got em

Such a good game
    Hell yeah, those spiders are killers.I used the shotgun when like 10 come for me.After you beta them, you do not get a resy than 2 big enmeis coem with Augers.Oh no thats not it after that 2 dog s attack you than more enemies come and try to surpise you
    Sig by Phaded
    _______
    NINJA HAWKS

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Harrow
    yeah, it deserves its success. it really is a great game. it was bashed because it didnt have the greatest textures on the planet, and it didnt try to reinvent the genre. thats not a bad thing as the game is incredible, and has enough varity with weapons and vehicles to keep you entertained throughout.

i will never understand the criticism it gets.
    It was so good people failed to remember it was a launch title. Comparing it to Gears was unfair. All I kept saying to myself when I first played it was if this is a launch title just imagine how great games are going to be on this system.

Insomniac's next games will be amazing.

Arisen Dragon
    Resistance is probably going to be the first game I get when I get my PS3, now I want one so bad I basically only have my 360 here for Halo 3 and BioShock besides that it is done after this year.

Pizza_Lover
    im tellin u insomniac and sony will put a huge firefight in the vatican for resistance 2

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Blu-Ray View Post
    Good for the game. Good for the PS3. Good for America.
    I can definitely agree with you there. BTW, is that the white Power Ranger in your sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Alti View Post
    Sony could accidentally drop during a walkathon, and fall on a baby beatle, and the news will be complaining about it for weeks.
    aint that the truth. in order to make my message longer. this message has been approved by sony

Christmas Thief
    The best part is that now more people will see how badly the church over-reacted.

BobsRevenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
    The best part is that now more people will see how badly the church over-reacted.
    lol

"Finally got to the Church... but where are all the photo-realistic babies I'm supposed to use for target practice?"

Thread Information