Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru

Cool RB6 Vegas Black Pack Is Now Free!!(Update!)

Ubi made a mistake and the Black pack which was sold earlier in the week for 800 points was supposed to be free and that they will be giving refunds to those who purchased it.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2...good-news.aspx

There has also been talk that the Red pack will be free next month.

So look, more free content, and content lowering in price (free) after being out for a little while.

Good news! Thanks Ubi.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Elite Sage
    Cool, I know a couple of people who bought that content and will now be able to spend their points on something else.

Master Poster
    cool, RB6 vegas, still one of the best FPS games, especially for multiplayer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Who's your daddy?
    Nice! Free stuff is always an A+ in my book.

Ive been really into R6 lately, Im on the Nevada Dam level, about to finish the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSwii60 FTW

BadAndy
    Still sucks that apparently it takes 4-8 weeks to get your money back, then again its only $10 I guess.

Master Guru
    How much do you want to bet that MS was pushing them to charge for it, and UBI insisted long enough until they gave in? You don't just go ooooops! We put a price tag on this. Pressed the wrong button! And to have it up for a week? I don't think so. There was some pushing on both sides is my guess until MS finally gave them permission to provide it for free.

Brian

Who's your daddy?
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3power View Post
    How much do you want to bet that MS was pushing them to charge for it, and UBI insisted long enough until they gave in? You don't just go ooooops! We put a price tag on this. Pressed the wrong button! And to have it up for a week? I don't think so. There was some pushing on both sides is my guess until MS finally gave them permission to provide it for free.

Brian
    Thats most likely what was going on behind the scenes. Good observation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSwii60 FTW

Master Poster
    Which maps were in that pack?

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ps3power View Post

Brian
    MS had nothing to do with this UBI is the publisher, MS has no control, but nice try though.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    MS had nothing to do with this UBI is the publisher, MS has no control, but nice try though.
    Yeah MS has no control of what content goes on xboxlive...... sure bud

Who's your daddy?

Ya, and Bush won fair and sqaure in his re-election. And kangaroos lay eggs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSwii60 FTW

Knuckles126
    Xbox Live is Microsoft's baby...nice try though.

Master Guru

of course they do, why do you think the gears of war maps cost? epic wanted to release them for free but MS said no way. MS has every control, before devs want to release DLC it must be clarified etc by MS before it is allowed to go on the marketplace.

anyway, great news.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Elite Guru

The reason why MS was able to charge for the Gears Maps, is because they published the game, therefore they have say so over the content that is put on the Marketplace for that game an every game they publish. I will say it again only the publishers have control over the price of content that hits the Marketplace.

MS is given content from different publishers, but those publishers set the date, time, price and release of that content. Yes that content goes through a certification process, but that process is only to make sure that there are no problems when the content goes Live.

Notice who is apolgizing:

Quote Originally Posted by majornelson
    Ubi has send me the official word on the RSV Black Pack (which went MIA earlier this week) and it is good news:

Ubi Rep:
    ‘Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas Black Pack Downloadable Content for Xbox 360 Live was originally intended to be free content for the fans of Rainbow Six Vegas. We apologize for the error. All players who purchased the Black Pack will be reimbursed automatically.* The Black Pack will be posted Saturday June 30th and will be free of charge. Also, as a token of our appreciation for the Rainbow Six community, we are making the Red Pack free as of Friday July 6th as well. Thanks for playing and we hope you enjoy this free content.’

Make sure your account information is up to date so we can properly apply the credit!
    An if what you guys says is the case why did MS allow them to change it? Why is the content now free? Why didn't MS veto Ubi decision to make the content free?

Maybe because they are not the publishers.

Nice try though

Veteran
    Nice try though my ass , is this game any good or what . I'm dying for an FPS and i'm about to go pick up The Darnkess in a minute . I need another FPS and i'm thinking about Far Cry Instincts , F.E.A.R. and now this Rainbow Six .

Someone recommend me a good FPS . It has to have very good multiplayer ? I wanna kick some ass online
    http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/I_C_PEE.png

Master Guru

X2 can i just ask, are you a 360 fanboy?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    X2 can i just ask, are you a 360 fanboy?
    That's like asking is the sky blue .

Just recommend me an FPS FFS . I'm literally dying for a good one here . Call Of Duty 3 sucks nuts and the multiplayer is useless and Gears is being invaded by noobs who's balls haven't dropped yet .
    http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/I_C_PEE.png

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Woogie View Post
    That's like asking is the sky blue .

Just recommend me an FPS FFS . I'm literally dying for a good one here . Call Of Duty 3 sucks nuts and the multiplayer is useless and Gears is being invaded by noobs who's balls haven't dropped yet .
    And you would know right Boogie.

Knuckles126
    And you would know right Boogie.
    Who wouldn't on these forums?

Anyways, the content should have been free to begin with seeing as how we pay for the service.

Master Guru

how about.....call of duty 2? perfect dark? bomberman? (is that even FPS?)

Knuckles126
    Battlefield:MC? That game kicks ass online..

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles126 View Post
    Who wouldn't on these forums?

Anyways, the content should have been free to begin with seeing as how we pay for the service.
    No tell that to the publishers.

Master Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles126 View Post
    Battlefield:MC? That game kicks ass online..
    hell yes. i cant believe i forgot that one. boogie i suggest you get that, its awesome. download the demo first if you havent played it before. i believe the demo is a match play 12 v 12 over xbox live on the 'A Bridge Too Far' level. its really good, sometimes when i first got my 360 i would turn it on purely to play this demo. do it boogie.

C.T.E.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Woogie View Post
    Nice try though my ass , is this game any good or what . I'm dying for an FPS and i'm about to go pick up The Darnkess in a minute . I need another FPS and i'm thinking about Far Cry Instincts , F.E.A.R. and now this Rainbow Six .

Someone recommend me a good FPS . It has to have very good multiplayer ? I wanna kick some ass online
    I have both the Darkness and R6V. If you are looking for multi then go for Rainbow without a doubt. The Darkness is freakin' awesome, but only the single player portion is. The multi is lackluster to say the least.....

A God Amongst Men
    I think I'm going to get RB6V LMAO. I don't know why I didn't get it before and now that all this stuff is free why not buy it. I'll have cash to throw around anyway new PC beast is almost taken care of.

Thread Information