Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Dedicated Member

Mass Effect 15Min Demo - Get the HD Video before its gone! (High Speed)

Gamespot have uploaded last nights live demo showing of Mass effect: http://www.gamespot.com/video/930279...t-stage-demo-1

Project Director of ME Casey Hudson and BioWare President Greg Zeschuck talk about the game, and it's about 21 minutes in total. Lots of gameplay, a great look at the inside of the Normandy. Must watch.

Notice how little load times there are!

Updated by Aquanox:

Get these before I take them off tonight.

:arrow Mass Effect HD Gameplay 1
    :arrow Mass Effect HD Gameplay 2
    CAN I HAZ SOME MOAR GRAVY PWEEZ
    xbl: excentric killa PLAY GAMES

Elite Sage
    Man, why oh why does this have to come out in November.
    The vid is torture

Master Guru

Hooooooooolyy SH*T!!

The graphics are unbelievable. The facial movements are amazing.

Gimme, gimme!! Want want want!!

rand0m
    when their talking its cool, however as soon as they stop their face just freezes

Einhander
    My #1 game this year. I can't wait for this.

Dedicated Member
    I love the biotic powers, and how when you lift them, BANG! With the shotgun. Awesome

The sprinting is a cool feature too.

Aleman
    This is how RPGs should be made. It combines so many awesome things: Gears of War cover system and roadie run, Elder Scrolls-like magic, Full Spectrum Warrior squad controls, the Crackdown SUV, the KOTOR conversation system * 100 with the best facial animation and lip sync I've ever seen in a game, an epic story line, and an entire galaxy of exploration. With very short load times and impressive graphics to boot. The project lead said he didn't know how many planets there were and that no tester had visited all of them yet. Turn-based RPGs am cry

Master Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post
    This is how RPGs should be made. It combines so many awesome things: Gears of War cover system and roadie run, Elder Scrolls-like magic, Full Spectrum Warrior squad controls, the Crackdown SUV, the KOTOR conversation system * 100 with the best facial animation and lip sync I've ever seen in a game, an epic story line, and an entire galaxy of exploration. With very short load times and impressive graphics to boot. The project lead said he didn't know how many planets there were and that no tester had visited all of them yet. Turn-based RPGs am cry
    I totally agree. I'm not an RPG fan normally, but this game looks like amazing.

It is truley a next-gen RPG!!!

BudFox
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post

What the hell?

I'm not sure how that's possible...but I like to think it's true!

It will be up there for game of the year....

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I guess they could have coded it in such a way that some planets are simply code objects which you can instantiate with random attributes and variables. Nice to have I wonder if that means we'll all be able to talk about different planet discoveries and that no one person will see everything that's possible as they won't all be the same from game install to game install?

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

I'm in love with KOTOR, and this game, is some kind of realy2 HOT warm up before KOTOR3.

Cant wait....

BudFox
    Quote Originally Posted by wsx View Post
    I'm in love with KOTOR, and this game, is some kind of realy2 HOT warm up before KOTOR3.

Cant wait....

Yeah, it seems like were only missing the lightsabers and specific races from the star wars universe...we still kind of get force powers, still aliens and space-ships, good and bad.

Who knows maybe it's better, they seem to have very talented and dedicated writers.

Dedicated Member
    The only reason they didnt continue making the KOTOR series was because they were restricted with what they could do with the Star Wars Universe, and they couldnt really express themselves. With Mass Effect, it's the opposite.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfitz View Post
    The only reason they didnt continue making the KOTOR series was because they were restricted with what they could do with the Star Wars Universe, and they couldnt really express themselves. With Mass Effect, it's the opposite.
    I thought the reason Bioware never done KOTOR 2 was because Lucasarts had an unreasonable deadline for release. Thats why KOTOR 2 was the mess it was.

But yeah I see what you're saying about being limited to the Star Wars universe. Only prob however is that the Mass Effect universe is no Star Wars universe lol.

Mass Effect may have a great story, but you can only get lightsabers, dark jedi and the force in one place

Dedicated Member
    This game looks awesome, game of the show. Looking to it more than Halo 3 right now. Which really says something.

"We really don't need this if we want to improve the forum ~ Naxi"
    You mean I cannot call out a troll for being a useless incarnation of flesh?

Superior Member
    This game will be a great game.This will be may first time i buy a RPG.

Superior Member

After watching this, I'm just about as equally impressed as when I saw the killzone 2 gameplay vid and trailer. I liked how the camera bobbles giving it a movie-like effect similar to gears of war. Also, those conversations looked really good (player models, expressions etc)! And then there's that whole milky way to explore (damn, its crazy how even they and the testers still don't know how big the entire game world is).

Wish I could just hibernate till november but then I'll be missing out on the other games coming out XD

Forum Sage
    I have just watched the HD Version of this Gameplay and I just can't believe one single game is gathering the best things of almost every major genre. The facial detail is mindblowing.

Wow just Wow. Seriously guys, Wow!

I'm gonna try to upload it to my server so you can see what I'm talking about.

PS. Is the HD Version available for non suscribers?
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Dedicated Member
    No Aquanox it's just for subscribers. Have you a copy of the HD version to upload?

Forum Sage
    Yes I do. Let me see what I can do.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Dedicated Member
    Sweet would rep if you can upload it. Gamespots coverage was great last night but the feed for free users wasnt too good

Superior Member
    This game looks pretty sweet. Its almost too big for me! Too much to explore, etc.

I was wondering, is it strange they didn't show any of the turn-based battles? Or are there other videos of that? I'd like to see some more of those battles.

On a related note, any idea if the majority of the battles will be the turn-based ones or more of the FPS type that we saw in the demo? Maybe the turn-based are for bosses?
    PNP : WuDevious - Clan : Bloodline
    1ST Official PS3 Forums R:FOM Tourney Winner!
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

Aleman
    Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    I was wondering, is it strange they didn't show any of the turn-based battles? Or are there other videos of that? I'd like to see some more of those battles.

On a related note, any idea if the majority of the battles will be the turn-based ones or more of the FPS type that we saw in the demo? Maybe the turn-based are for bosses?
    I think you can pause it at any time and direct your team members/queue up their attacks. But I don't think you can fight battles completely turn-based.

Superior Member
    This game looks so awsome.
    If I could I would buy a XBox360 just to play it.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Man..there were so many worlds. I hate to leave stuff behind, i like to do every sidequest. This will take me forever.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Thread Information