Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    stetheboro

Which was the Best Game(s) of E3 for You?

E3 2007: Super Puzzle Fighter HD Remix

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzl...ml?sid=6174749

Awesome stuff was possible my favourite game on the PS1, sitting with buddies drinking and playing this till 5am Priceless

Sil3ntT3ears
    Mass Effect hands down...

Apprentice
    Mass Effect and Call of Duty 4 impressed me the most as far as 360 is concerned. Killzone 2 made me go "wow" like it did with most people. I wish Sony had shown a demo of Uncharted at their conference, that game is mind-blowing too.

Bakari
    If it was graphics alone it would be between Killzone 2 and COD4.

Overall it is a tie between Mass Effect, Uncharted, and COD4 for me.

Superior Member

COD4 is gonna be a cracker, also GT5
    Click Here

mauaus rocks

Apprentice
    that e3 wasn't really that impressive, i guess they could cancel it next year if it continues ilke this, at least it's nothing compared to the e3 from 2k5 when ps3, xbox360, wii and next gen pc were revealed. it was just more of what we had before. biggest winner for me though is too human, because it seems to turn out the way the devs predicted.
    My game looks better than your game, you lose ....

Elite Guru
    cod4 ftw!!!

trailers dont count

so cod4 wins hands down

Consoles i own : ps2 xbox360 Ps3 Wii psp
    Wanna see what i look like www.facebook.com/laoman

Master Guru
    Items Final Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Best graphics Killzone 2 and Mass Effect wins best game in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Makagoto2 View Post
    that e3 wasn't really that impressive, i guess they could cancel it next year if it continues ilke this, at least it's nothing compared to the e3 from 2k5 when ps3, xbox360, wii and next gen pc were revealed. it was just more of what we had before. biggest winner for me though is too human, because it seems to turn out the way the devs predicted.
    In the IGN sneak peek earlier this year, they said the animations would be worked on. That's the only aspect of the game I think Silicon Knights needs to work on, I was taken aback by how good it was graphically.

Currently playing? Skyrim (360). White Knight Chronicles (PS3). Majoras Mask (Wii). Final Fanasy VII (PS2). Just completed? Final Fantasy VI.

Dedicated Member
    Mass Effect and surprisingly COD4. I didnt think I'd be that into COD4 but it looked brilliant
    CAN I HAZ SOME MOAR GRAVY PWEEZ
    xbl: excentric killa PLAY GAMES

Super Elite
    I'll go with:
    1. Mario Galaxy (I reckon best game of the year from the looks of it, and reactions)
    2. Echochrome (I worship MC escher so this appealed to me so much)
    3. LBP (still awesome)
    4. Killzone (Awesome graphics, gameplay actually looked good to plau (unlike original killzone))
    5. SF HD (I worship SF so goes without saying really)

Top 5

I haven't really check much non first party so I haven't put much in there other than SF2:turbo HD
    "It's a wonder you still know how to breathe"

AFMR-PS3
    Wish Sony had shown more of Little Big Planet, no one is giving the praise that game deserves...I guess it will come when it is released

For other games of the show...Killzone 2, Uncharted, Cod 4 and Mass Effect. Would still say Killzone 2 anyways, because it kicked ass, owned the haters and wow'ed mostly....everyone.

So yeah, KZ 2 FTW!

psy
    killzone
    heavenly sword
    mgs 4

only exclusive the xbox that i would love to try is dead rising
    but thats allready out so i guess that doesnt count Oo

Forum Elder
    Mass Effect, Halo 3 and Fable 2 for me.

VERSA'S MOST ANTICIPATED GAMES OF 2008
    GTA IV DLC - Little Big Planet- Gears of War 2 - Too Human - Fable 2

Aleman
    IMO:

Best Game: Mass Effect
    Best Graphics: Killzone 2
    Best Action: Uncharted
    Best RPG: Mass Effect
    Best FPS: Call of Duty 4
    Best Racing: GT5

A God Amongst Men
    Best Game: Little Big Planet
    Best Shooter: Call of Duty 4
    Best Adventure: Uncharted/Ratchet tie
    Best Racer: GT5
    Best Graphics: GT5/Crysis tie.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post
    IMO:

Best Game: Mass Effect
    Best Graphics: Killzone 2
    Best Action: Uncharted
    Best RPG: Mass Effect
    Best FPS: Call of Duty 4
    Best Racing: GT5
    I totally agree with Aleman.

Master Poster

For me it's Killzone 2, but I really loved the first one so that might have something to do with it. Little Big Planet is also on my top list, it looks so amazing.
    The others are:
    3. MGS4
    4. Uncharted
    5. PGR4

I liked Metal of honor it looks nice, and if you have not seen brothers in arms gameplay,, then check it out.. it worth watching

You can check also mass effect it's not bad, devil may cry... etc.
    -----------------
    PS3 Gamertag: Emirates

Superior Member
    Here is my list:

1. Call of Duty 4
    2. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
    3. Killzone
    4. Mass Effect
    5. PGR4
    6. Halo 3
    "There is no console war, just kids without enough money"
    PSN ID: Aift | Gamertag: Aift

Forum Sage
    It's a very very tough call with so many quality games out there.

I have downloaded almost every wroth checking gameplay video in HD for the Xbox 360 and PS3, and my favorites definetly were:

Mass Effect: This one was pretty much a given. Amazing visuals, incredible conversation system/animations combined with good acting, deep story, squad based 3rd Person Action, Upgradable and customizable characters, lenght of gameplay, awesomely inspired design. Almost to ambitious to be real. Fix the framerate and add some touch ups and we might be in front of the 2007 GOTY.

Call of Duty 4: This game was simply a visuals beast. Immersive and intense gameplay. Pick a portable mortar and watch how your projectile launches to the air and strikes from the sky a big ass tank blowing everything away in what must be the closest to a perfect physics simulation decorated with beautiful explosions while in the horizon, there's dozens of people owning each other rounded by awesome environmental effects and buildings burning in fire. Everything running butter smooth at 60fps. Pheww...

Uncharted: A delicious combination of two of my preferred game genres. 3rd person action game + cover based shooters. Original art direction shines thanks to the rich visuals. Some of the best water effects I've seen, human-like animations, stable framerate and pretty nice real-time cutscenes. Hot girl included.

Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway:
    This game has been a low profile since it was announced. While its gameplay videos distribution was popular among fans, it has never really reached the mainstream conferences. I could understand why at first, since it could've been considered as just one more WWII shooter, but after watching it many times I can tell you it's not. The first thing that catches the eye are the incredibly detailed visuals, using a semi realistic artistic approach it gives you a more "Fresh" presentation than your usual WWII game. Cover and strategy are key in the game, you just don't go shooting everything that moves, you need to take decisions, perform some stealth and shoot only when you must do it. Animations are also sweet and it's an especial bonus to see the guy you've just blown up with your bazooka flying in the air with carefully detailed animations and explosion physics… all in low motion, which is turned on automatically when it’s worth it. Destructible environments also help to the realism and so do the special care taken in the weapons. So far so good.

Assassin's Creed:
    Some keep whining about some glitch here and there in the E3 Demo, but apart from that (considering it's still Beta) Assassin's Creed is probably one of the games with the broader mass appeal of the bunch. There's total freedom in the game, you can climb almost anywhere, make acrobatic moves, you can chose to make your way ala medieval Rambo or use your brain a bit and perform some stealth helped by your environment. The Combat system is ace with many rewarding combos and ohh when the moment you kill your target arrives, the engine makes you know you've just owned him in the best way possible. The fact that it can be played by either hardcores and casuals helps a lot. Needless to say, the game has some pretty visuals too.

I was a bit underwhelmed by:

Halo 3 Trailer: If the real gameplay looked better than that, why showing this? Average animations in some instances were annoying as well as many framerate issues.

Killzone 2 Real Gameplay: If you gather the best parts you can make a visually great trailer, but In-Game, the visuals aren't as sharp as one would’ve thought and the gameplay doesn't seem to have enough original touches.

Ratchet & Clank: While the game looks great, it doesn't look nearly as good as the first trailer to me. I have my reserves about the appeal of the game considering its artistic approach. We’ll see.

Turok: Great visuals. I'm not sure about the gameplay though. Except for the rather nice 3rd person killing switching it looks a bit average to me.

Haze: Nothing looked bad here, but nothing looked especially good either.

Heavenly Sword: Some of the best animations of the show. The strictly scripted nature of the game, scenery based and button smashing worries me.

Surpirse of the Show:

Mercenaries 2:
    Fully destructible environments, incredible weapons, good visuals, total freedom. Looked like sick fun.

Games to definetly keep an eye on:

Fable 2: Lets leave something clear first. Peter Molyneux is not mentally healthy, he needs treatment and he needs it now. However, if his insanity sucessfully makes its way into the game, we might be talking about one of the best, most original, addictive and rewarding games of all time. I'm telling you, this guy is bringing some serious **** to the table.

Fallout 3: I haven't seen anything about this game except for some rather average looking screenies. However, the reports keep mentioning that this was probably one of the best games of the show, and I'm talking about almost every report I've read.

Biggest No Shows:

Ninja Gaiden 2, Lost Odyssey (except for a Trailer)

Most annoying behind closed doors:

Unreal Tournament 2k7.
    The game ships in November, when the hell are you guys going to make a full reveal?

Halo 3:
    It’s even worse with this one. It’s roughly two months to go and the Campaign mode is still a mystery for us. Great looking screenshots and overall extremely positive previews make it even worse for the fans.

That would be it for what I can remember right now.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Dedicated Member
    Mass effect hands down looks to be the most appealing game to me.

Xaor
    I'd almost find myself pointing to Killzone on the achievement of getting it that good alone, with all the doubt.

However... Call of Duty 4 for 360, Killzone 2 for Ps3.

Venomous
    My favorite games from E3 were:

1.) Resident Evil 5

2.) Halo 3

3.) Fracture

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous View Post
    My favorite games from E3 were:

1.) Resident Evil 5

2.) Halo 3

3.) Fracture
    I enjoyed Fracture's demo, too. Game isn't out for another year, but I'm looking forward to it. It looks really solid.

VERSA'S MOST ANTICIPATED GAMES OF 2008
    GTA IV DLC - Little Big Planet- Gears of War 2 - Too Human - Fable 2

Superior Member
    Call of Duty 4, the game just looks soooo good.
    !!!!!
    I'm willing to break them into pieces, crush them at my feet. - Hironobu Sakaguchi

Thread Information